Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,336 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 178,401
Pageviews Today: 299,938Threads Today: 95Posts Today: 1,825
04:24 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!

tarfonwxx

User ID: 28221753
United States
11/29/2012 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Northwest, N. Calif., Braces For More Rain and Snow!!!
thank you AC for the links! hf

The atmospheric mechanisms behind the storms of 1861-62 are unknown; however, the storms were likely the result of an intense atmospheric river, or a series of atmospheric rivers, striking the U.S. West Coast. With the right preconditions, just one intense atmospheric river hitting the Sierra Nevada mountain range east of Sacramento could bring devastation to the Central Valley of California. An independent panel wrote in October 2007 to California’s Department of Water Resources, “California’s Central Valley faces significant flood risks. Many experts feel that the Central Valley is the next big disaster waiting to happen. This fast-growing region in the country’s most populous state, the Central Valley encompasses the floodplains of two major rivers—the Sacramento and the San Joaquin—as well as additional rivers and tributaries that drain the Sierra Nevada. Expanding urban centers lie in floodplains where flooding could result in extensive loss of life and billions in damages.

[link to urbanearth.gps.caltech.edu]
Mwalk
Low Earth Orbit

User ID: 1067150
United States
11/29/2012 01:16 PM

Report Abusive Post
Well is your fictional weather DOOM still on? Woke this morning to a lovely Rainbow right outside my front door...Let me know when your DOOM and GLOOM gets here...lmao

May have to post the pics of the lovely rainbow...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170526

Mom said get off computer now and scoop the cat box. She also said to clean that lotion off the toilet seat, ewww...
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7803284
United States
11/29/2012 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
All the chistians should leave California and move to Texas. It will be the stronghold during the coming revolution. Secession party!,, yeeehaww. Kiss our ass, federal tyrants, yeeeeeeehaw!,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27662195
United States
11/29/2012 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
thank you AC for the links! hf

The atmospheric mechanisms behind the storms of 1861-62 are unknown; however, the storms were likely the result of an intense atmospheric river, or a series of atmospheric rivers, striking the U.S. West Coast. With the right preconditions, just one intense atmospheric river hitting the Sierra Nevada mountain range east of Sacramento could bring devastation to the Central Valley of California. An independent panel wrote in October 2007 to California’s Department of Water Resources, “California’s Central Valley faces significant flood risks. Many experts feel that the Central Valley is the next big disaster waiting to happen. This fast-growing region in the country’s most populous state, the Central Valley encompasses the floodplains of two major rivers—the Sacramento and the San Joaquin—as well as additional rivers and tributaries that drain the Sierra Nevada. Expanding urban centers lie in floodplains where flooding could result in extensive loss of life and billions in damages.

[link to urbanearth.gps.caltech.edu]
 Quoting: tarfonwxx

yep....i had a clue as to what this was when i saw the reports of massive snowfall in the sierras a few days ago. it's the MELT that will do it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21160675
United States
11/29/2012 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
All the chistians should leave California and move to Texas. It will be the stronghold during the coming revolution. Secession party!,, yeeehaww. Kiss our ass, federal tyrants, yeeeeeeehaw!,
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7803284

Those who live by the sword die by the sword. Nutcase.
Crazy Harriet

User ID: 28144866
United States
11/29/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is a huge storm.

[link to www.ssec.wisc.edu]

This link may take a minute to load. It's large and shows USA and east Pacific.

That storm is larger than the 48 states combined and has thrown off clouds as far as Virginia/Atlantic and is reaching Alaska and southern California. Still looks like Washington and Oregon are getting the brunt of it, but the center is off-shore yet. The main impact isn't expected until the weekend.

Battening down the hatches. The next band of rain will hit within the hour.

It's so large, don't expect it to be too intense, but then, so was Sandy....
"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than risk peace in pursuit of politics." - Donald Trump
tarfonwxx

United States
11/29/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
yep....i had a clue as to what this was when i saw the reports of massive snowfall in the sierras a few days ago. it's the MELT that will do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27662195

so it's massive snowfall + high temperatures?

just saw this..

[link to www.weather.com]

Mount Shasta: Triple-Digit Snowfall Expected

If anyone lived on the summit of California's Mount Shasta, they'd need a mighty big shovel to dig out of the snowstorm that will bury the mountain in astronomical amounts of snow through the weekend.

The Thursday morning National Weather Service summit forecast for Shasta predicted an incredible 33 to 39 inches of snow -- just for Thursday alone.

(By comparison, Atlanta, Ga., has reported 38.9 inches of snow since March 1, 1989 -- a period of over 23 years.)

But it gets crazier.

Add in another 37 to 43 inches of snow Thursday night, and additional amounts of 20 to 35 inches every 12 hours through Saturday night, plus a light dusting of 11 to 17 inches on Sunday...

...and you get a storm total of 186 inches. On the low end.

Add up the high end of the numbers and you get a forecast maximum of 218 inches of snow!

How would that four-day snow total stack up? Consider this:

- The snowiest season on record in snowy Syracuse, N.Y., only yielded 192.1 inches of snow in 1992-93.
wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28716446
Portugal
11/29/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

Rounds of strong winds & rough seas batter the West Coast into next week, threatening power outages.
[link to www.accuweather.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Laura Skirde‏@LauraSkirdeWx

Winter Storm Warning in the Sierra tonight through tomorrow night above 7000' - snowy & windy! @CBSSacramento #cawx [link to twitter.com]

1 minLaura Skirde‏@LauraSkirdeWx

Flood Watch tonight through Sunday, lot of rain moving in! @CBSSacramento #cawx #sacwx [link to twitter.com]

2 minLaura Skirde‏@LauraSkirdeWx

Wind Advisory tonight through Sunday night, getting gusty again! @CBSSacramento#cawx #sacwx [link to twitter.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13159682
United States
11/29/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Those who live eventually die. Suitcase.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13159682
United States
11/29/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Those who live eventually die. Suitcase.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13159682

Those who live with no convictions besides being good little slaves ummmmm die ummmm slaves. Guitarcase

This game is fun lets keep it going.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
ABC7 News‏@abc7newsBayArea

Get ready for the next round of storms headed to the Bay Area. @LisaArgenABC7 has the latest at 11am on ABC7 News: [link to abclocal.go.com]
Ocelot

User ID: 12860078
United States
11/29/2012 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
CAN I PLEASE get some PICTURES up in this BITCH!
burnit
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
CAN I PLEASE get some PICTURES up in this BITCH!
burnit
 Quoting: Ocelot

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST PICTURES!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea‏@NWSBayArea

Timing of the heavy rain forecast to impact the area tonight and Friday. [link to www.facebook.com] #bayarearain #sfweather #heavyrain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28724802
United States
11/29/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in the Bay Area, cloudy no rain, yesterday it rained a bit then cleared up by 4. No doom yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17875044
United States
11/29/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in Sacramento, CA and this storm is not as intense as made out to be. Right now it's simply overcast - no rain.

Rained yesterday but not severe.

We are supposed to get a few more days of rain. If it's anything like yesterday I think we'll be fine.

I only speak for Sacramento.
5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15949376

Good news! Just moved away from there. The Folsom Dam always makes me nervous when a lot of rain fills it!
 Quoting: Little Bee

thats all today so far, no rain, overcast. Folsom was really empty last i saw it. Could probably rain for a month and still be ok.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24289757
United States
11/29/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
WOW - HAARP - in th ePINK - 10 for California .. What is up with that?

[link to www.haarpstatus.com]

Just look at these two charts.
For the past week HAARP has been FOCUSED on California... now this FLOOD? 1 + 1 = ????

Haapr Here
[link to www.haarpstatus.com]

California Weather
[link to www.weather.com]
 Quoting: Arial721

Quoting: Arial721
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17875044
United States
11/29/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to flic.kr] <- picture of clouds haha
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27662195
United States
11/29/2012 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
feel free to discuss the chemtrail connection here:

Thread: HOLY SHIT! BREAKING! CHEMTRAILS & Weather Modification on ABC News
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mike Nicco&#8207;@MikeNiccoABC7

#BayArea storm 1 is near, forecast still living up to hype. Check out the rain & flooding forecast. [link to yfrog.com]
tarfonwxx

United States
11/29/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
feel free to discuss the chemtrail connection here:

Thread: HOLY SHIT! BREAKING! CHEMTRAILS & Weather Modification on ABC News
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27662195

thanks for the ABC news vid hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2208234
United States
11/29/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
im in the backyard smoking some marijuana in the bay area, a bt cloudy but nothin unusual. had a power outage for 20 minutes yesterday lol

california is untouchable!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1267673
United States
11/29/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i live in the bay, work in the city, had a dream the other night that the winds would not stop blowing, nor gaining speed. everything was going to be blown away. ooh, and on a multi contextual level.... everything was going to be blown away....
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
NWSBayArea&#8207;@NWSBayArea

High surf advisory for the coastline. [link to www.facebook.com] #bayarearain #highsurf #surfadvisory #sfweather
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28653051
United States
11/29/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in South Lake Tahoe. The wind is really picking up. No rain yet. Gusts are near 50 mph and the main part of the storm is not supposed to hit here till later tonight. Hope the power stays on. Forecasts are calling for snow but its not supposed to be below freezing all night long! Not supposed to be below freezing again until Sunday night according to the Weather Channel.
tarfonwxx

United States
11/29/2012 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in South Lake Tahoe. The wind is really picking up. No rain yet. Gusts are near 50 mph and the main part of the storm is not supposed to hit here till later tonight. Hope the power stays on. Forecasts are calling for snow but its not supposed to be below freezing all night long! Not supposed to be below freezing again until Sunday night according to the Weather Channel.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28653051

be safe hf
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/29/2012 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

be safe hf
 Quoting: tarfonwxx

Stay safe everyone!!!hf
tarfonwxx

United States
11/29/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Flood Watch for Greater Lake Tahoe Area. 1:36PM 11/29 until 4:00PM 11/30: [link to tox.cx]
tarfonwxx

United States
11/29/2012 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

GLP