Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,688 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 80,783
Pageviews Today: 146,323Threads Today: 75Posts Today: 1,074
01:26 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Very Wet and Powerful Storm Train To Plow Northern California With Oer a Foot of Rain!!! Link With Models and QPF outputs!!!

Humboldt
User ID: 3559426
United States
11/26/2012 03:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Very Wet and Powerful Storm Train To Plow Northern California With Oer a Foot of Rain!!! Link With Models and QPF outputs!!!
[link to www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov] (QPF Output for the next 5 Days)

[link to www.wunderground.com] (GFS, NAM, and Euro Weather Models)

An atmospheric river of subtropical moisture is about to barrel into Northern California and to a lesser extent the rest of the West Coast over the next week and a half. This storm will likely feature prolonged heavy rains, high seas, and strong winds..If the models are correct this will be an impressive weather event for us here in extreme northern California, with areas possibly seeing over a foot of rain over the next week! More to come on possible flooding and wind damage resulting from this storm in the coming days..peacehfrockon
taniatarn

User ID: 28495578
New Zealand
11/26/2012 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Very Wet and Powerful Storm Train To Plow Northern California With Oer a Foot of Rain!!! Link With Models and QPF outputs!!!
abduct
Interested observer of all things interesting!

Please note : Where appropriate for posted images/ graphs I acknowledge the New Zealand GeoNet project and its sponsors EQC, GNS Science and LINZ, for providing data/images used in my study and analyses of Volcanic and Earthquake information in New Zealand.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/26/2012 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Very Wet and Powerful Storm Train To Plow Northern California With Oer a Foot of Rain!!! Link With Models and QPF outputs!!!
abduct
 Quoting: taniatarn

popcornpump2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17119454
United States
11/26/2012 04:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
East bay checking in. Thanks op!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28308103
United States
11/26/2012 05:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doesn't happen until Frankie says so!tounge
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/26/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Little Bee nli
User ID: 1593445
United States
11/26/2012 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tony Bennett's heart might be in SF, but I left mine in Crescent City! Be well, all those in Humboldt and Del Norte!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 957683
United States
11/26/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

An atmospheric river of subtropical moisture is about to barrel into Northern California and to a lesser extent the rest of the West Coast over the next week and a half. This storm will likely feature prolonged heavy rains, high seas, and strong winds..If the models are correct this will be an impressive weather event for us here in extreme northern California, with areas possibly seeing over a foot of rain over the next week! More to come on possible flooding and wind damage resulting from this storm in the coming days..peacehfrockon
 Quoting: Humboldt 3559426

Awe shit, I am literally in one of those cities in the link. Can't get to Tahoe fast enough. Thanks for the heads up.
*Evan*

User ID: 28152425
United States
11/26/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Awe shit, I am literally in one of those cities in the link. Can't get to Tahoe fast enough. Thanks for the heads up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 957683

I too am in one of those cities....

I wonder if it will be comparable to the last storm system that we had
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/26/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: *Evan*

hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/26/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3559426

What part of Cali are you in, I'm in the east bay
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/26/2012 11:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

I live in Humboldt county
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/26/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Oh wow, you guys are gonna get hit pretty hard. My brother is a firefighter in arcana, I'm sure he's gonna be busy. Be safe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28537410
Australia
11/26/2012 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
bah.

we get a foot of rain in an hour frequently during monsoon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9258462
United States
11/26/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Doesn't happen until Frankie says so!tounge
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28308103

waterlily

User ID: 19961452
United States
11/26/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
bah.

we get a foot of rain in an hour frequently during monsoon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28537410

Places that get that much rain all the time have an infrastructure to handle it. There's a difference.

However, if I remember correctly, a year or so ago about a quarter of Australia was underwater for a month or more. Guess somebody forgot to take the plug out at the other end so all that water could drain away? :-)
*********** WaterLily ***********
" Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"
-- T. S. Elliot, Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

“We are as ignorant of the meaning of the dragon as we are of the meaning of the universe.”
-- Jorge Luis Borges
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Pompey made his preparations for the war at the end of the winter, entered upon it at the commencement of spring,
and finished it in the middle of the summer."
-- Cicero, De Imperio Cn. Pompei
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5932524
United States
11/26/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Oh wow, you guys are gonna get hit pretty hard. My brother is a firefighter in arcana, I'm sure he's gonna be busy. Be safe.

Is Santa Rosa anywhere near here? I'm supposed to fly in this friday morning.
Thanks!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/26/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Is Santa Rosa anywhere near here? I'm supposed to fly in this friday morning.
Thanks!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5932524

Santa rosa is about an hour north of San Francisco and about 4 hours south of humboldt. It is also going to get hammered. But like a previous poster said there is adequate drainage and most of the streams lead to the bay.
Stubiru
User ID: 28549529
United States
11/27/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fuck... Time to start fortifying...
Stubiru
User ID: 28549529
United States
11/27/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/27/2012 12:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Stubiru 28549529

hidinghf

GLP