[link to www.youtube.com]
AlaskaLove

User ID: 1799158
United States
11/26/2012 04:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: C.G. Jung´s apocalyptic visions
thank you for posting. War is not the answer.
I love you.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 25605487
Finland
11/26/2012 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
On May 30, 1961, eight days before he died, Jung dictated to his daughter his last visions, with instructions that the notes were to be given to Marie-Louise von Franz.[25] The images were sobering: “I see enormous stretches devastated, enormous stretches of the earth. But thank God, not the whole planet.” And Jung made a drawing, with a caption under it that said, “The last 50 years of humanity.”[26]

That was in 1961. Fifty years hence would be 2011. The date is interesting, given the Mayan prophecy that speaks of the end of an era in 2012.[27] We have no indication in the historical record that Jung knew of the Mayan prophecies. That he got the same timetable as an ancient people might be another reflection of his keen intuition.

Jung’s last vision—foretelling the destruction of a large part (but not all) of the world—might leave us feeling gloomy, if not despairing. But that was not Jung’s intention: he always worked to support healing, for people and planet and, as part of that intention, he offered us a road map for change. This road map can set his final visions in a larger context. An explication of his road map is the focus of Part II of this essay, which will appear in this blog space next month.

[link to jungiancenter.org]
AlaskaLove

User ID: 1799158
United States
11/26/2012 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
prepare for rebuilding our planet and world, what will happen is unknown, as is the time and date. Yet we all know it is at any moment. So prepare for what you can to rebuild.
I love you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28485794
United States
11/26/2012 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
His peers obviously didn't get his message about this world, life and death.

5 * for this tho, I didn't know Jung had any prophecy in him :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28297369
United States
11/26/2012 06:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jung was the intelligent well-rounded aryan doctor. Freud was the pedophile daughter -raping jew who gave projections as diagnosis.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28514640
Finland
11/26/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
IssueX

User ID: 14348632
United States
11/26/2012 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
On May 30, 1961, eight days before he died, Jung dictated to his daughter his last visions, with instructions that the notes were to be given to Marie-Louise von Franz.[25] The images were sobering: “I see enormous stretches devastated, enormous stretches of the earth. But thank God, not the whole planet.” And Jung made a drawing, with a caption under it that said, “The last 50 years of humanity.”[26]

That was in 1961. Fifty years hence would be 2011. The date is interesting, given the Mayan prophecy that speaks of the end of an era in 2012.[27] We have no indication in the historical record that Jung knew of the Mayan prophecies. That he got the same timetable as an ancient people might be another reflection of his keen intuition.

Jung’s last vision—foretelling the destruction of a large part (but not all) of the world—might leave us feeling gloomy, if not despairing. But that was not Jung’s intention: he always worked to support healing, for people and planet and, as part of that intention, he offered us a road map for change. This road map can set his final visions in a larger context. An explication of his road map is the focus of Part II of this essay, which will appear in this blog space next month.

[link to jungiancenter.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25605487

great find, OP

thank you

I have been a fan of Jung's for decades, and yet I was unaware of this

5 stars
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28245035
Japan
11/26/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I read already interesting things abkut him and
his work but this one is new, thank you for
bringing it up!

I doubt that he thought about Bs like 2012,
imo his view must be seen in context with WW2?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28483378
United States
11/26/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The wrestling tires one.

For He knows all, so how does a mere man show GOD the beauty and wonders that abound. Sure there is evil, growing daily, yet this is a belief system that has been imposed on the child, the child has such greater potential.

How does one get GOD to accept the mistakes he may have made along the way, the apathy in standing by watching it happen and not stepping forward to lead a path from the darkness, the loathing He must have this creation at this space in time.

Even as one stands, knowing his own follies, how does he Get God to see his own, to see the greatness that can and should be.

If any thing left to contemplate, this then the problem.

GLP