Russia
12/05/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: NEW ICE AGE VERSUS GLOBAL WARMING DISCUSSION DATA
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29123019

well you finish with me!!! lolsign
 Quoting: Luisport

I mean that no signs of new ace age - short-term anomalies in some areas can only tell that the climate is changing, but can not serve as an indicator to which side.
But generally you right, global climate changes necessarily provide all of us on the planet simultaneous finish and wait maybe there are not so long LoL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29157251
Portugal
12/05/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's Happening In The Arctic Is Truly Heartbreaking

Read more: [link to www.businessinsider.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29157251
Portugal
12/05/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Climate Models Project Increase in U.S. Wildfire Risk!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29123019
Russia
12/05/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump
I know this very reliable scientific data, it's reality even if somebody "want to beleive" in other scenarios LoL
Very few people reflects unfortunately the other side of the issue - the consequences of the melting of the ice sheets in terms of the local removal of the huge pressures on the Earth's crust (see scientific evidence that only 10 percent of the annual loss from Greenland has the potential to generate earthquakes with magnitude greater than 5 points)dddd
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29194204
Portugal
12/06/2012 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump
I know this very reliable scientific data, it's reality even if somebody "want to beleive" in other scenarios LoL
Very few people reflects unfortunately the other side of the issue - the consequences of the melting of the ice sheets in terms of the local removal of the huge pressures on the Earth's crust (see scientific evidence that only 10 percent of the annual loss from Greenland has the potential to generate earthquakes with magnitude greater than 5 points)dddd
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29123019

yes and raise the upper mantle melting wich raise the volcanic activity...
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/06/2012 05:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe the Thames will freeze over this year?????????
 Quoting: Possum

Funny you should say that:

..."Several weeks later, the Japanese Astronomical Society also suggested that the sun was about to enter a period of reduced solar activity/hibernation, even though the exact opposite should be occurring according to NASA and the Met Office Hadley centre. The Japanese scientific data suggests that the magnetic shifts in the sun, replicate those that occurred during the “Little Ice Age” when the River Thames used to freeze over in London"

[link to www.exactaweather.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29195511
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/06/2012 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com‏@breakingweather

In past 7 days, more than 2,300 record max. temps (both highs & lows) have been set across the U.S. [link to ow.ly]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19671181
Australia
12/06/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pure Climate Skeptic‏@Carbongate

Arctic sea ice returns to normal levels [link to ocean.dmi.dk] …

bsflagbsflagbsflag
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/06/2012 07:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

Vivi, Russia plummeted to minus 62 degrees F (minus 52 degrees C) on Thursday morning.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/06/2012 08:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

London, England had the lowest temp of the season so far Thurs. AM at 25ºF (-3.9ºC). On Wed., the first trace of snow fell.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29155775
United Kingdom
12/06/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu]

a week now of no data

what are they hiding?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29217415
Portugal
12/06/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

a week now of no data

what are they hiding?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29155775

very strange...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29185662
Russia
12/06/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

a week now of no data

what are they hiding?

Strange - I see all days except 5th and 6th.
By the way, the area and the cohesion of the ice to the east of Novaya Zemlya even declined)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29155775
United Kingdom
12/06/2012 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

a week now of no data

what are they hiding?

By the way, the area and the cohesion of the ice to the east of Novaya Zemlya even declined)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29185662

you're right. yesterday the first 4 days of the month weren't on there. so what are they doing? touching them up?

interesting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29185662
Russia
12/06/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

a week now of no data

what are they hiding?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29185662

you're right. yesterday the first 4 days of the month weren't on there. so what are they doing? touching them up?

interesting.

Perhaps, because although it was December, and the ice north of Canada, and to the west of Greenland continues to melt...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29336800
Portugal
12/08/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Massive Crevasses and Bendable Ice Affect Stability of Antarctic Ice Shelf

Dec. 7, 2012 — Gaping crevasses that penetrate upward from the bottom of the largest remaining ice shelf on the Antarctic Peninsula make it more susceptible to collapse, according to University of Colorado Boulder researchers who spent the last four Southern Hemisphere summers studying the massive floating sheet of ice that covers an area twice the size of Massachusetts. [link to www.sciencedaily.com]
Hahahaha
User ID: 28872856
United States
12/08/2012 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
"According to a New York Times article on the subject, there is much more skepticism of global warming among meteorologists (such as Bastardi) than among climate scientists. Such skepticism appears to be widespread among TV forecasters, about half of whom have a degree in meteorology. A study released on Monday by researchers at George Mason University and the University of Texas at Austin found that only about half of the 571 television weathercasters surveyed believed that global warming was occurring and fewer than a third believed that climate change was “caused mostly by human activities."
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

What do you think, why?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28533978

It's caused by related, but insufficient knowledge and understanding.

Some people, ones that fall in about the 20% percentile in knowledge on a given subject, almost any subject, and have certain personality traits, such as high opinion of their ability to do things, tends to overestimate their skill badly.

To clarify that, some people who suck honestly and truly think their very good at things, even when they aren't.

That's why this happens.

Weather people, geologists and engineers tend to think they understand the climate data, often without actually having done more that cursory study on the topic, so those fields tend to have a high preponderance of people that dismiss the scientific data, due to incomplete and incorrect understanding of the topic.

In general, in any given field, you can trust what the experts say as a whole.

If you aren't personally ready to do some real study on any given field (and who is? I don't have time for most areas of intellectual discovery myself! We all specialized at times, which is fine.) Then it's best to put most of your attention into people actually doing the study themselves.

Do you trust a medical doctor with your health matters, or do you go to a smart geologist and use his information based on a few articles he read once off the internet?

Do you go to a dentist, who specializes in caring for teeth, or a barber, when you have a toothache?

If you find yourself trying to make excuses as to why you should disregard the expert opinion of the pro's, chances are really good that you simply want to have those findings to not be true!

Which is normal in a case like this. We've been given a death sentence, so many will go into denial for a long time.

But, to answer your question, that's why those people have problems with the data.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 927602

You are a typical SHEEP! "He graduated med school; he must know what he's doing!" "He is in a white god, so he is a GOD!"

SOME people -- including myself -- do their OWN research. E.g., I worked in allopathic medicine for 25 years. When diagnosed with a crippling disease, I went to those "experts" whom I believed in; I even went to THE BEST of the BEST! They almost KILLED ME! (Seriously, I went into organ failure and almost died on 3 separate occasions.) Then I began researching wholistic medicine and treated myself for the last year of my illness. Guess what? I've been in complete remission for over 10 years now.

Ditto with "global warming." I read Dr. Lovelock (the British Ph.D. who coined the phrase "greenhouse gases") back in 1991. I was a believer! Over time I began to question his premise and did my own, independent research. I quickly learned that AGW was a HOAX! That was years before Art Bell's book, Al Gore and his crap, and "Climategate."

BTW, I have no college degree but an IQ of 149. I also am an avid reader and researcher.

You are making sweeping generalizations, so of course what you're asserting is inaccurate. You are a fool.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29336800
Portugal
12/08/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
+ January 2012
* Warmest month on record for...N/A

February 2012

March 2012
* Warmest month on record for...Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey.

April 2012

May 2012

June 2012
* Warmest month on record for...Colorado

July 2012
* Warmest month on record for...Virginia

August 2012
* Warmest month on record for...Nevada

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

No states expected their coolest month on record in any month during 2012 thus far.
[link to www.wunderground.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29631687
Portugal
12/11/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ryan Maue @RyanMaue 1d
Kazakhstan in for dangerously cold conditions -- 50-60°F below normal. [link to mobile.twitter.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29631687
Portugal
12/11/2012 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
AccuWeather.com @breakingweather 13 min
RT @JustinKenney: ~2700 heat records so far in December versus 21 cold records [link to www.ncdc.noaa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
12/11/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Climate Change I can believe, but that's Natural.

Its the allegation of Man Made climate change I see as bunk.

Either way, Fire or Ice as the Nordic mythos puts it..

But in either case Humans will be needing much much more energy especially electric and thermal energy to keep us all cool enough or warm enough... And no damned Carbon Tax or Carbon Sequestation is going to do a damned thing to add more electrical energy into the Human civilization equation. In fact the exact opposite. So that when Fire or Ice comes mankind will be even more vulnerable to Nature's climate changes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
12/11/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Massive Crevasses and Bendable Ice Affect Stability of Antarctic Ice Shelf

Dec. 7, 2012 — Gaping crevasses that penetrate upward from the bottom of the largest remaining ice shelf on the Antarctic Peninsula make it more susceptible to collapse, according to University of Colorado Boulder researchers who spent the last four Southern Hemisphere summers studying the massive floating sheet of ice that covers an area twice the size of Massachusetts. [link to www.sciencedaily.com]

What part of a breaking up of an ice shelf don't you understand? If it didn't break up from time to time, the ice caps would reach to the 20 Latitude ranges..

Oh, let's all PANIC
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29656688
Brazil
12/11/2012 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
+ January 2012

February 2012

March 2012
* Warmest month on record for...Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey.

April 2012

May 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

No states expected their coolest month on record in any month during 2012 thus far.

USA is less than 1% of the globe. This is not representative of any trend.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29847592
Portugal
12/14/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: BREAKING: Major Arctic Changes Inevitable, High Level Meeting plans for "New Arctic"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29860201
Russia
12/14/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
+ January 2012

February 2012

March 2012

April 2012

May 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

USA is less than 1% of the globe. This is not representative of any trend.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29656688

Arctic shore of Canada, west Greenland, Asian arctic shore are VERY important and representative for state of sea ice and Greenland ice sheet LoL
[link to 193.7.160.230]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30126001
Portugal
12/17/2012 06:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Historical Asian cold-vortex will test -70°F in 5-days!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/17/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
The long-term trends point to the interesting possibility of a collapse of the polar vortex, perhaps in a very "explosive".

Analyzing the temperature anomalies to the surface of the sea, and at some points mainland, we can get a sense of the overall pattern that has preponderado over the past few weeks:

According to the letter today:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the image in its original size: 1174x768 and 224KB.

The red
Blue-B
Purple-Lock

We have been observing a growing trend of locks mixed in Asia, and locks on anticyclonic regions of the NE Atlantic / Canada / Greenland.

In the Pacific the strengthening of positive temperature anomalies in Ecuador teem strengthened quite a blocking anticyclone near the antimeridiano of Greewich, and this has resulted in an overall pattern of cold air to accumulate in the tracks north America, extending from Alaska to regões W American as a strengthening of the Siberian AT, with negative anomalies in good portions of Asia.

On the other hand there has been an accumulation of energy in the central Pacific and the Atlantic Central and NE.

Blocking extensive in Asia should, according to the GFS result in a gradual distortion of the polar vortex:

This is because of the movement disorganized (Jet to "jumps" in the Troposphere) generates friction with the height of the vortex circulation, which heats and distorts the movement in time ... the air is thin as a small input of energy by friction can heat the air mass at several tens of degrees in a short time.

It happens that this warming on Asia tends to vortice roper in the region, promoting a more stable atmosphere, it cools more power and strengthening the AT Siberian.

The asia will freeze in the coming weeks so ...

On the other hand if the Pacific continues to warm, and circulation hemieferica vai pushing cold air from Siberia to the Pacific ... there should be an intensification of cyclogenesis in Japan, which promote a chain reaction to be locking in Paficico, and to be more warming Stratospheric progressing on the Pacific.

Well ... this will destabilize the polar vortex and may be that atinga a limit under which it start to disintegrate ...

The current standard promotes a distribution of such Thermal anomalies which is very favorable for an episode of collapse and vortice negativization extreme AO, sometime in January.

If this happens there should be a large destabilization of the Hemisphere atmospheric circulation, creating a very complex situation but possibly favorable to the occurrence of a period of time moved more about our range Subtropical.

This sketch shows the tendency that can develop after rupture of VP:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the image in its original size: 1174x768 and 225KB.

But it's only a sketch, because in essence these events lead to unpredictable situations ... this letter shows what tend to be more expressive when it comes to default based on the distribution of the regions where it has manifested a greater accumulation of energy or cold ... the border points usually give us an idea of the type of flows and synoptic type that tends is easier to develop a region.

Summarizing the thing ... I think qie January may be one month very active, with lots of precipitation and below average temperatures tend.
[link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371470
United States
12/17/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Joe Bastardi‏@BigJoeBastardi

If you measure GLOBAL TEMP s of Arctic circle its well below normal (antarctica cold) Its irrational to spew AGW drivel given facts

There is a cooling coming to Earth, the last time the Sun had a quite Maximum a mini-ice age ensued.....

Little Ice Age

It is better for it to happen $$$ and not say anything to the population that spent its money on Global Warming.....YIKES!

Could we be entering a mini-age age.....it looks that way from reading various climatologists. However they do not agree about the future of the planet....it looks like it is just going to keep getting hotter by some accounts other accounts say it might cool others are just unsure.

Folks store your cold weather clothes just in-case, don't toss them because of Global Warming, it might just be a precursor to Global Cooling.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
12/17/2012 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you measure GLOBAL TEMP s of Arctic circle its well below normal (antarctica cold) Its irrational to spew AGW drivel given facts

There is a cooling coming to Earth, the last time the Sun had a quite Maximum a mini-ice age ensued.....

Little Ice Age

It is better for it to happen $$$ and not say anything to the population that spent its money on Global Warming.....YIKES!

Could we be entering a mini-age age.....it looks that way from reading various climatologists. However they do not agree about the future of the planet....it looks like it is just going to keep getting hotter by some accounts other accounts say it might cool others are just unsure.

Folks store your cold weather clothes just in-case, don't toss them because of Global Warming, it might just be a precursor to Global Cooling.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1371470

what about this polar vortex collapse to January? Thread: Historical Asian cold-vortex will test -70°F in 5-days!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371470
United States
12/17/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Little Ice Age

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1371470

what about this polar vortex collapse to January? Thread: Historical Asian cold-vortex will test -70°F in 5-days!!!

I am being mild but we do have perfectly preserved woolly mammoths with their last meal still intact and undigested because of a quick freeze.........lets hope it is a bit warmer than that. Although a movie about the end of good weather with Dennis Quaid "The Day After Tomorrow" had a scene where the upper atmosphere (very very cold) down drafted rapidly and quick froze all life it touched.

GLP