Please, please stop eating meat.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22577422
United States
11/29/2012 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Please, please stop eating meat.
I think its obvious that plants are sentient beings. But the it's something totally different than from animals.
I don't think they feel pain or suffer when we eat them.

The level of consciousness is different.. it's also different from a fish to a cow for example..
 Quoting: 1908247

I agree with your first paragraph, but not the comment about a fish and a cow. But, what do I know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13275147
United States
11/29/2012 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
There will be no sides when appropriate time arrives, for now we work!

hf

perhaps...but i read that there was once this guy who tried to unify a bunch of ppl by telling them what they could and couldn't eat.

that didn't work out too well.
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 13908485
Brazil
11/29/2012 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think its obvious that plants are sentient beings. But the it's something totally different than from animals.

The level of consciousness is different.. it's also different from a fish to a cow for example..

Cows, Pigs, Chickens. I don't discriminate. I eat them all.
 Quoting: Jonny Blaze

I saw your post the other day about your habits and how you are cool with them. Boy, even GMO?

I agree with your first paragraph, but not the comment about a fish and a cow. But, what do I know.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22577422

It's a concept of buddhism (I guess) that I personally agree with. But, what do I know. (:

hf
Nus
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Umm no I was simply makng an honest admission about what meat I eat.

Are you of the opinion that trees & plants are 'spiritless'? Why would plants respond to emotion and music if they weren't sentient? Why is our entire ecosystem designed around the consumption of living things? Why is the stability of the eco-system designed to be contingent on population control and BALANCE? Is it some how 'wrong' when the animals consume one another, or do we say it's natural and instinctual? Why when humans are entered into the equation does it become an issue of morals and no longer an issue of being natural and instinctual?
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

I have no desire to debate you concerning the whether it is ok to eat animals because we also eat plants. Yes, I believe that ALL living things are spiritual beings. I just consider some spiritual beings at a different levels of spiritual development than others. Enough said there about that.

We are here to learn to overcome our instinctual drives and to begin to become more advanced beings that no longer are controlled by our instincts, but by our hearts.

The choice is yours.

So I guess the moral is that it's okay to consume some sentient, spirit-filled 'beings' but not others? Some sort of spiritual pecking order, right?

Yes. Are you baiting me here? Decide for yourself.

Asking important questions relevant to the discussion is baiting? 1dunno1

How do animals evolve spiritually if they consume one another?

How did humans evolve spiritually while also consuming meat?
IwasKidding

User ID: 27554728
United States
11/29/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your society is built upon suffering.

Unbalance hit you hard yet you do not realize.

OP what is your beliefs....are you a vegan? Is this to do with your religion? Or ethical reasons or both??
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ohhhh I KNOW you are right on this one...BUT seriously if we ate only veggies and fruit (which I did for a month) we would wither away to skin and bones. I think we, as human beings have been used to eating meat all of our lives and it would be a shock to our systems to stop cold turkey (no pun intended)....

I actually was thinking this very thing this morning as I was frying sausage in the skillet. Meat is my main weakness and I just don't know how I would give it up permanently...

THANK YOU for your love for others!hf
 Quoting: DaddysGirl

Bullshit....totally bogus you need to read and there are nuts seeds and lots of good foods.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/29/2012 02:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
the creator's loving instructions were specific.

eat whatever you want from the tree of LIFE.

DO NOT eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

i'm pretty sure the creator counts animals as part of the tree of LIFE.

i'm also pretty sure telling other people what is 'good' to eat and what is 'evil' to eat is from that other tree.
 Quoting: Neoanderthal Man

A fruit is alive..a dead animal is dead meat
 Quoting: wildhoney

So if you eat fruit you are a murderer...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Jonny Blaze

User ID: 22472711
United States
11/29/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Cows, Pigs, Chickens. I don't discriminate. I eat them all.
 Quoting: Jonny Blaze

I saw your post the other day about your habits and how you are cool with them. Boy, even GMO?

What can I do about GMO? Furthermore, if you are anti-meat, that doesn't avoid the GMO issue.

I try to avoid GMO, but it is pretty difficult to discern what is GMO and what isn't GMO these days. In the future, it will become even more difficult to determine.

Should I spend all my time worrying about this shit? I take precautions, but I'm not fooling myself. I am going to die regardless of what I eat and there is no guarantee that I will see tomorrow regardless of my eating habits.

You regard my 'habits' with some condescension, I feel.
The engravings translate to "This space intentionally left blank."

The prayer is inscribed in an ancient script, rarely used today. It seems to be a philippic against small insects, absent-mindedness, and the picking up and dropping of small objects.

The gate is open; through it you can see a desolation, with a pile of mangled bodies in one corner. Thousands of voices, lamenting some hideous fate, can be heard.
The way through the gate is barred by evil spirits, who jeer at your attempts to pass.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Does a rabbit suffer more when a human kills it, as opposed to a fox?

It seems when the fox is involved, it's understood to be natural, but when a human is involved, it's regarded as cruel/unnecessary. I have some difficulty reconciling the distinction that is made between nature's brand of consumption, and that of humans. Have we not separated ourselves from nature, and placed ourselves above the natural order of things? Isn't that what's led us to so many of the problems we have today? Separating ourselves from nature and the natural order of our physical world?
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States

Report Abusive Post

He was a bum, after buying wine they can afford anything else...
 Quoting: BRIEF

who said He bought it?coffee4

Sorry, after he stole it...of course he is magic, so maybe that's how he did it...

Or maybe he turned water into wine? wouldnt you if you could? what better wine could you offer? especially if it is to be in remembrance of you

Then how are we supposed to be like Jesus since we aren't magic?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
IwasKidding

United States
Report Abusive Post
Thanks a lot for the Bad Karma btw, whoever it was.

I was prepared for it but I hoped for the best.

You know, there's a thread of mine which I use with the intent of changing the world. Everytime I get to 10 karma I pin it. Thanks for making the next pin a little harder.

Ignore 'em OP it is probably all the flesh they are consuming making them disagreeable and hateful!
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ohhhh I KNOW you are right on this one...BUT seriously if we ate only veggies and fruit (which I did for a month) we would wither away to skin and bones. I think we, as human beings have been used to eating meat all of our lives and it would be a shock to our systems to stop cold turkey (no pun intended)....

I actually was thinking this very thing this morning as I was frying sausage in the skillet. Meat is my main weakness and I just don't know how I would give it up permanently...

THANK YOU for your love for others!hf
 Quoting: DaddysGirl

Truthfully, it isnt that hard to stop eating meat. I am going on three months now. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind, as I tried years ago and failed. The key is to not replace meat with pasta and bread. I do feel "lighter", but have only lost a few pounds. Just can't stomach the suffering of animals anymore. To each his own......follow your own conscience.
Peace to you OPhf
 Quoting: DaKine

clappa CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

I have no desire to debate you concerning the whether it is ok to eat animals because we also eat plants. Yes, I believe that ALL living things are spiritual beings. I just consider some spiritual beings at a different levels of spiritual development than others. Enough said there about that.

We are here to learn to overcome our instinctual drives and to begin to become more advanced beings that no longer are controlled by our instincts, but by our hearts.

The choice is yours.

So I guess the moral is that it's okay to consume some sentient, spirit-filled 'beings' but not others? Some sort of spiritual pecking order, right?

It depends on the reason for asking the question, correct? I was questioning your reason...

Each type of "animal" is on their own unique ascension path and have unique things to learn at their unique level.

They have progressed as far as possible while still eating meat. The next step will require many changes for their continued growth. One is to no longer follow their animalistic instincts and to no longer eat their brothers and sisters...

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

i'm also pretty sure telling other people what is 'good' to eat and what is 'evil' to eat is from that other tree.

Go away you fucking idiot. You say the same lame ass shit post after post.
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 13908485
Brazil
11/29/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

I believe it's about the different enviroment, fish live on water, but I'm not expert to explain it to you exactly, altough my statement does make sense in my mind tounge

Have we not separated ourselves from nature, and placed ourselves above the natural order of things? Isn't that what's led us to so many of the problems we have today? Separating ourselves from nature and the natural order of our physical world?

You mean if we stop eating meat we would be putting ourselves further away from natural order?
Nus
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28392925
Spain
11/29/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

The fruit is grown so the planet reproduces..the seeds are in the fruit and are usually spat out or not digested..and therefore help other plants to seed and grow :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28708170
United States
Report Abusive Post
I eat deer only!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28708170
United States
Report Abusive Post
I eat deer only!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

It depends on the reason for asking the question, correct? I was questioning your reason...

Each type of "animal" is on their own unique ascension path and have unique things to learn at their unique level.

They have progressed as far as possible while still eating meat. The next step will require many changes for their continued growth. One is to no longer follow their animalistic instincts and to no longer eat their brothers and sisters...

I like to pose questions that cause both myself and others to think about subject matters from different perspectives or in a different light than what is being discussed. It's valuable for me and I would hope for others, whether they end up confirming their own convictions or considering varying perspectives. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Asking questions is the best way to figure out how you feel and grow awareness.

Regarding no longer following animalistic instincts. Should that also carry over into the urge/desire to reproduce and engage in sexual gratification? Do we need to give that up as well to evolve?

hmm
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Regarding no longer following animalistic instincts. Should that also carry over into the urge/desire to reproduce and engage in sexual gratification? Do we need to give that up as well to evolve?

hmm

Yes it does. I believe that humans are beginning to evolve into androgynous physical beings. Look around us. Men are becoming women, women are becoming men and some are half of each.

Now, don't jump to the conclusion that I am saying that this has anything to do with who and what we really are. We are not these frail, finite and limited physical bodies. This body is just a avatar we use to play this game here in this physical 3D reality...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP, that last post was off topic. I am not trying to derail your excellent thread.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

I believe it's about the different enviroment, fish live on water, but I'm not expert to explain it to you exactly, altough my statement does make sense in my mind tounge

Have we not separated ourselves from nature, and placed ourselves above the natural order of things? Isn't that what's led us to so many of the problems we have today? Separating ourselves from nature and the natural order of our physical world?

You mean if we stop eating meat we would be putting ourselves further away from natural order?

I think we can learn a lot from the way that animals live. Humans are the only species on Earth that possess a fear of death. You see I no longer view 'death' as an undesriable outcome. I see it only as a transition or transformation back to a more natural form of existence and a continuation of the evolutionary process. I don't feel sad when people pass away anymore, I actually feel happy for them. I know that this world is just a temporary experience.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmm

Yes it does. I believe that humans are beginning to evolve into androgynous physical beings. Look around us. Men are becoming women, women are becoming men and some are half of each.

Now, don't jump to the conclusion that I am saying that this has anything to do with who and what we really are. We are not these frail, finite and limited physical bodies. This body is just a avatar we use to play this game here in this physical 3D reality...

I agree with you on that as I no longer consider my gender to be an element of my identity and thus, no longer desire to view others from this perspective either. It's too bad our bodies don't respond faster to these feelings though. Truthfully I no longer find psychological satisfaction in eating or engaging in sexual activity, yet my body is still affected by the physiological urges to engage in both. If I could flip a switch and no longer have to eat food or feel sexual urges, sign me up. I view both activities as an inconvenience.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmm

I agree with you on that as I no longer consider my gender to be an element of my identity and thus, no longer desire to view others from this perspective either. It's too bad our bodies don't respond faster to these feelings though. Truthfully I no longer find psychological satisfaction in eating or engaging in sexual activity, yet my body is still affected by the physiological urges to engage in both. If I could flip a switch and no longer have to eat food or feel sexual urges, sign me up. I view both activities as an inconvenience.

DNA changes don't happen like Darwin said. They occur very quickly based on environmental changes and SPIRITUAL changes. These changes can occur as quickly as one generation. Therefore our bodies are changing to express our spiritual growth and desire.

That is why there are humans that are still into physical gratification (sex, food, drugs, entertainment), while others are gowing away from the need for these things.

The best example of this is no longer the need to eat other animals...
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
The body was made to eat meat ... and need it ... enough said

VEGETARIANISM IS UNNATURAL for the human body

Even if you say that you get all the necessary nutrients without meat/eggs/dairy products etc ... i can pretty much garanty that you are wrong

Even if you take more supplements then you actually eat food

Omega-3
Vitamin B-12
Calcium (real vegetarian won<t touch dairy products)
Iron
etc ...

Its like saying stop drinking water because you are killing the river .....

maybe you should concentrate your energy somewhere else :)

Yeah but i take omega-3 supplements so i should be fine .... yeah if we forget the fact that it actually comes from fish lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26293593

This is the most ignorant statement.....Our teeth are made NOT to EAT meat...our intestines cannot really digest it properly we even lack a proper enzime that true meat eaters have...it takes TOO LONG for the meat to finally leave our bodies and it putrifies inside before it does! I wish folks would really look into this before they show how UNeducated they are about meat eating.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think we can learn a lot from the way that animals live. Humans are the only species on Earth that possess a fear of death. You see I no longer view 'death' as an undesriable outcome. I see it only as a transition or transformation back to a more natural form of existence and a continuation of the evolutionary process. I don't feel sad when people pass away anymore, I actually feel happy for them. I know that this world is just a temporary experience.

It is the pain and suffering we inflict on the animals that we kill that you need to consider. Ok, people need to eat. Fine. Early tribal humans used to treat animals with great respect and used to thank them when they fed their families.

Now today, animals are a production line consumable. Animals suffer abuse, torment, and horror all through the killing and slaughter process.

EVERYONE LISTEN PLEASE! This is very important. To kill other life is wrong, but to kill without honor, respect and thanksgiving is not only wrong, but does tremendous harm to those consuming that helpless animal...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmm

DNA changes don't happen like Darwin said. They occur very quickly based on environmental changes and SPIRITUAL changes. These changes can occur as quickly as one generation. Therefore our bodies are changing to express our spiritual growth and desire.

That is why there are humans that are still into physical gratification (sex, food, drugs, entertainment), while others are gowing away from the need for these things.

The best example of this is no longer the need to eat other animals...

I understand this based on some personal experiences.
Shamar

User ID: 24946868
United States
11/29/2012 02:49 PM

Report Abusive Post

Job 12:7 "Just ask the animals, and they will teach you. Ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you.

hf
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Every animal rights activist I ever knew was ALWAYS rabid in defending their right to stick a fork in an unborn babys head to butcher it.

God says we can eat animals, so some folks in their rebellion and hatred of Christ want meat eating forbidden They want everyone to think they are an angel of mercy and light...they like to imagine in vain deceit ,to pretend they are more righteous than Christ. It is a sham and deep down they know it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28544041

Anyone who really wants to be honest KNOWS as far as the bible goes we were to eat what is spoken of in Genisis, it is because humans hardened their hearts that we were allowed to eat flesh..it does not meant we are meant to or we should. For those who do not care about the bible there is a book on how a lady studued the eating habits of Monkeys and it is really more ideal a diet (for humans)than most anything else
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

It is the pain and suffering we inflict on the animals that we kill that you need to consider. Ok, people need to eat. Fine. Early tribal humans used to treat animals with great respect and used to thank them when they fed their families.

Now today, animals are a production line consumable. Animals suffer abuse, torment, and horror all through the killing and slaughter process.

EVERYONE LISTEN PLEASE! This is very important. To kill other life is wrong, but to kill without honor, respect and thanksgiving is not only wrong, but does tremendous harm to those consuming that helpless animal...

So should the message be to return to the 'tribal' way of treating/consuming animals or for everyone to give up meat altogether??? What I see in this discussions is always a reflection of duality. Some will say eating meat is 'bad' and others will say eating meat is 'good', and there is never any room to find a middle ground in the discussion. Why is that?

GLP