Please, please stop eating meat.

Shamar

User ID: 24946868
United States
11/29/2012 02:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Please, please stop eating meat.
I think we can learn a lot from the way that animals live. Humans are the only species on Earth that possess a fear of death. You see I no longer view 'death' as an undesriable outcome. I see it only as a transition or transformation back to a more natural form of existence and a continuation of the evolutionary process. I don't feel sad when people pass away anymore, I actually feel happy for them. I know that this world is just a temporary experience.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

It is the pain and suffering we inflict on the animals that we kill that you need to consider. Ok, people need to eat. Fine. Early tribal humans used to treat animals with great respect and used to thank them when they fed their families.

Now today, animals are a production line consumable. Animals suffer abuse, torment, and horror all through the killing and slaughter process.

EVERYONE LISTEN PLEASE! This is very important. To kill other life is wrong, but to kill without honor, respect and thanksgiving is not only wrong, but does tremendous harm to those consuming that helpless animal...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22577422

I am really enjoying your posts!hf
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
IwasKidding

User ID: 27554728
United States
11/29/2012 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't you understand meat is suppose to be eaten by humans? It provides vital nutrients that the human body needs. There is a reason every human herbivores look sick. They are malnourished.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23557583

delusional^ again folks need to really look into veganism and if not being OBESE makes you look sick then we all need to look so "poorly" it is called healthy and not FAT!
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I cant/wont stop! Me and mine have been eating meat since the time we were enjoying the latest cave drawings.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11454684

hmm...and yet in Daniel it is him and his "Veggie eatin freinds" who are smarter and of better contenance than all the others....maybe that is why you still sound like your a caveman....ugh....grunt.....
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Forget Genesis. That was The Beginning. Look in the New Testament.
Prodigal Son.
 Quoting: Meow... 3650237

not one jot or tittle......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22577422
United States
11/29/2012 02:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think we can learn a lot from the way that animals live. Humans are the only species on Earth that possess a fear of death. You see I no longer view 'death' as an undesriable outcome. I see it only as a transition or transformation back to a more natural form of existence and a continuation of the evolutionary process. I don't feel sad when people pass away anymore, I actually feel happy for them. I know that this world is just a temporary experience.

It is the pain and suffering we inflict on the animals that we kill that you need to consider. Ok, people need to eat. Fine. Early tribal humans used to treat animals with great respect and used to thank them when they fed their families.

Now today, animals are a production line consumable. Animals suffer abuse, torment, and horror all through the killing and slaughter process.

EVERYONE LISTEN PLEASE! This is very important. To kill other life is wrong, but to kill without honor, respect and thanksgiving is not only wrong, but does tremendous harm to those consuming that helpless animal...

So should the message be to return to the 'tribal' way of treating/consuming animals or for everyone to give up meat altogether??? What I see in this discussions is always a reflection of duality. Some will say eating meat is 'bad' and others will say eating meat is 'good', and there is never any room to find a middle ground in the discussion. Why is that?

We can't go back and I don't think we want to. We lived that experience. It's time to move forward. That was who we used to be.

As I said earlier, because of our spiritual changes, our DNA is also changing to deal with our new need to no longer consume our brothers and sisters.

I will get slammed for saying this, but I truly believe that we will reach a point in our physical development where we no longer will need to consume living plants and animals at all and we will soon be able to survive on energy directly...
Neoanderthal Woman

User ID: 13275147
United States
Report Abusive Post

How do you know a person is screwed beyond redemption if he or she eats meat? Are the non meat eaters passing out judgment now just because you think you are far better than the rest of the people who are eating meat? How do you know that if you do not eat meat your chance or possibility of ascension is much higher than those who consume meat?

Bottom line is, it is not what you eat, it is what you said, things that come out from your mouth, from your heart that defile us. JC said that in Matthew 15:17-19.

Respect each other's choice of the matter, OP and the non meat eaters you want others to understand why you do not eat meat, then understand why others choose to eat meat. Interestingly, it seems the non meat eaters are the ones often trying to impose their view on others and telling others how spiritually advanced or better they are.

If you are truly more spiritually advanced than the rest, then it would make more sense that you would be more humble and not judge, spew hate and respect other people's choice of the matter.
 Quoting: Neoanderthal Woman

dang I wish people would stop taking verses out of context!!

pokeye
 Quoting: Shamar

I don't mean to take verses out of context. I am not an expert of the Bible. I am sorry if it offends you and/or others.

Even without quoting the bible, I still stand by it is not what you eat that define you. You can be the most spiritually advanced being or person but if your heart is not in the right place, I am of the opinion that no amount of veggies eating is going to ascend you. Understanding can only come if we stop trying to change someone into a copy of us. Respect other people's choice in life and they will (hopefully) respect yours.

I'm not trying to "ascend" or whatever.....I am just trying to follow our Creator's loving instructions. And HE is the one that says not to eat anything that has its life in its blood.

I also disagree with you that what we eat does not define us. We are what we eat..... What we eat, becomes a part of us...it is assimilated into our body. And the soul of the creature? I have to agree with others' posts, that particularly commercialized meat, that contains very negative energy, which also is being absorbed into the body....

The ascension part was in respond to the people who hold that belief. I responded to you in regard to you saying I took bible verse out of context. Perhaps I did and or not, not going to get into an argument with that.

I understand what you said about we are what we eat. But what I am saying go beyond that.

I see your point of view on the part of the commercialized meat part.

I am also trying to live life the way the Creator wants us to. This world is very messed up, no one really knows how to live anymore. Everyone is trying to tell others how to live and what to eat. I disagree with some of your points but I am not going to convince you are right and I am wrong or vice versa.
IwasKidding

United States
Report Abusive Post
No.
 Quoting: Dinkytuff

Christ taught that HUman does not eat flesh. That is for cavemen types who have not evolved enough to not need animals in this manner. Grow up. See how abused animals are that are raised in factory food farms. Its horrible. and their fear carries over into the meat you consume.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

I'm going bowhunting for deer tonight, and I'll kill a big fat doe just for you, asshole!
You crackpot libtards are so wrapped up in your insane ideologies sheep343
 Quoting: weasel keeper

or you may fall out of a tree stand or shoot yourself...many goofballs in the woods lately. At least the deer will not have been raised in some hell whole farm in horrid conditions
IwasKidding

United States
11/29/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

modern chicken is NO better and genetically changed. It makes me ill. I never was a fish eater much. You do not need flesh. For those whose bodies may still required cholesterol to make their steroids, there are eggs and even the best of those available fall short of real farm eggs.

I raise hens for eggs. When people find out I own chickens, they ask me if we eat them. I usually give them a weird look, tell them "hell no" and that they all are pets.
 Quoting: Pa resident1

hugs..
and they are so cute....they are so lovely hf
 Quoting: wildhoney

Chickens are NOT 'lovely'. They are noisy and very dirty. Try keeping one of these 'lovely' birds in your house.
GAWD.....you people are so ignorant!
You pick and choose what to believe out of all the Bible and deny the rest.
Get over yourselves.

well they are very very smart for such a tiny brain and they CARE I know we have always had "ma hens" they LOVE I am utterly certain of that
Shamar

United States
11/29/2012 02:59 PM

Report Abusive Post

dang I wish people would stop taking verses out of context!!

pokeye

I don't mean to take verses out of context. I am not an expert of the Bible. I am sorry if it offends you and/or others.

Even without quoting the bible, I still stand by it is not what you eat that define you. You can be the most spiritually advanced being or person but if your heart is not in the right place, I am of the opinion that no amount of veggies eating is going to ascend you. Understanding can only come if we stop trying to change someone into a copy of us. Respect other people's choice in life and they will (hopefully) respect yours.

I'm not trying to "ascend" or whatever.....I am just trying to follow our Creator's loving instructions. And HE is the one that says not to eat anything that has its life in its blood.

I also disagree with you that what we eat does not define us. We are what we eat..... What we eat, becomes a part of us...it is assimilated into our body. And the soul of the creature? I have to agree with others' posts, that particularly commercialized meat, that contains very negative energy, which also is being absorbed into the body....

The ascension part was in respond to the people who hold that belief. I responded to you in regard to you saying I took bible verse out of context. Perhaps I did and or not, not going to get into an argument with that.

I understand what you said about we are what we eat. But what I am saying go beyond that.

I see your point of view on the part of the commercialized meat part.

I am also trying to live life the way the Creator wants us to. This world is very messed up, no one really knows how to live anymore. Everyone is trying to tell others how to live and what to eat. I disagree with some of your points but I am not going to convince you are right and I am wrong or vice versa.

NP!!

I am happy to discuss anything you disagree with if you'd like. I am really attempting to go purely by the scriptures.
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Those that are not ready to ascend spiritually (energetically) to a higher being will continue to need to consume animal matter and of course plant matter.

For them the question of consuming meat is completely right and is not a terrible thing. The question for them is HOW they kill and treat their food. Respect must return to their society.

HOWEVER, others are ready to move beyond the need to consume our brothers and sisters. They are ready to move on and to grow into another form of life. A life without killing. A life without consuming others. A life where we are energetic beings. No longer physical, but pure energy.

The choice is completely ours...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
We can't go back and I don't think we want to. We lived that experience. It's time to move forward. That was who we used to be.

As I said earlier, because of our spiritual changes, our DNA is also changing to deal with our new need to no longer consume our brothers and sisters.

I will get slammed for saying this, but I truly believe that we will reach a point in our physical development where we no longer will need to consume living plants and animals at all and we will soon be able to survive on energy directly...

I think it's possible, but I am not sure that we (personally) will necessarily be around (alive) to see this transition. I'm not convinced that everyone here will continue reincarnating here. Some yes, but not all.
Shamar

United States
11/29/2012 03:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
Those that are not ready to ascend spiritually (energetically) to a higher being will continue to need to consume animal matter and of course plant matter.

For them the question of consuming meat is completely right and is not a terrible thing. The question for them is HOW they kill and treat their food. Respect must return to their society.

HOWEVER, others are ready to move beyond the need to consume our brothers and sisters. They are ready to move on and to grow into another form of life. A life without killing. A life without consuming others. A life where we are energetic beings. No longer physical, but pure energy.

I look at it more through the lens of identifying with our Creator....being in His image. He is in the business of Creating.... we should be too!

According to the principal of creation, God created man so that, by inheriting His creative nature, man might dominate all things, even as God dominates mankind.

I guess one could look at it as a type of spiritual ascension since one is becoming more like his Creator when he begins to UNlearn destruction.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think it's possible, but I am not sure that we (personally) will necessarily be around (alive) to see this transition. I'm not convinced that everyone here will continue reincarnating here. Some yes, but not all.

Well my friend. That is another topic. Just consider the question at hand. Can we continue on our ascension path by raising our spiritual energies and continue to eat our family. My answer is no we cannot. To eat another keeps us trapped in this 3D reality. Nothing wrong with that if that is your path.

However, many are ready to move on. To do that, we need to give up consuming death and begin to consume light. I am no where near there yet. I still consume vegetable life, but I am growing every day. As most of us are.

The path is to not have to consume at all, but to be light...
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

I look at it more through the lens of identifying with our Creator....being in His image. He is in the business of Creating.... we should be too!

According to the principal of creation, God created man so that, by inheriting His creative nature, man might dominate all things, even as God dominates mankind.

I guess one could look at it as a type of spiritual ascension since one is becoming more like his Creator when he begins to UNlearn destruction.

Exactly. It is the only type of ascension...
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 13908485
Brazil
11/29/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think its obvious that plants are sentient beings. But the it's something totally different than from animals.
I don't think they feel pain or suffer when we eat them.

The level of consciousness is different.. it's also different from a fish to a cow for example..
 Quoting: 1908247

Does a rabbit suffer more when a human kills it, as opposed to a fox?

I believe it's about the different enviroment, fish live on water, but I'm not expert to explain it to you exactly, altough my statement does make sense in my mind tounge

Have we not separated ourselves from nature, and placed ourselves above the natural order of things? Isn't that what's led us to so many of the problems we have today? Separating ourselves from nature and the natural order of our physical world?

You mean if we stop eating meat we would be putting ourselves further away from natural order?
 Quoting: 1908247

I understand and agree to what you say. But I don't think this justify our actions cutting short their lives simply for our confort. We don't need meat in our diet!

And even if one eats meat, I don't think anyone should bow down to the great companies. Animal industries are a big punch for Earth.
The way the animals are treated. Most of them die in pain and suffering and it's proven that this releases some toxines on the flesh of the animal.
Not to mention hormones.

I don't think this is something about caring for animals or having pity on them. Of course I care about animals, but that is about our species aswell. It's bad for our health and it hurts the enviroment aswell.
Again, even if you eat meat you can't deny those facts, and something should be done about that. Look the facts..
Nus
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey ANHEDONIC,
You know, you and I have talked many times before. I enjoy your thoughts and views. I used to be known here as Fibonacci. Remember me? *smile*

It's been nice talking with you all here. Thanks for letting me present my views freely.

Peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28392925
Spain
11/29/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

I raise hens for eggs. When people find out I own chickens, they ask me if we eat them. I usually give them a weird look, tell them "hell no" and that they all are pets.
 Quoting: Pa resident1

hugs..

Chickens are NOT 'lovely'. They are noisy and very dirty. Try keeping one of these 'lovely' birds in your house.
Get over yourselves.

well they are very very smart for such a tiny brain and they CARE I know we have always had "ma hens" they LOVE I am utterly certain of that
 Quoting: IwasKidding

Oh they are smart. I know one chicken that outwitted an intelligent human over and over again..lol couldnt stop the chicken from breaking free..kept on managing to find a way out..lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

hugs..

Get over yourselves.

Oh they are smart. I know one chicken that outwitted an intelligent human over and over again..lol couldnt stop the chicken from breaking free..kept on managing to find a way out..lol

You still up kid? *smile*
DaKine

User ID: 6927270
United States
11/29/2012 03:26 PM

Report Abusive Post

So should the message be to return to the 'tribal' way of treating/consuming animals or for everyone to give up meat altogether??? What I see in this discussions is always a reflection of duality. Some will say eating meat is 'bad' and others will say eating meat is 'good', and there is never any room to find a middle ground in the discussion. Why is that?

I appreciate your contributions to this discussion. I have personally made the decision to abstain from eating meat, but I can honestly say I have no desire to convince anyone else they should do the same. I pass no judgement either way. To each his own. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28392925
Spain
11/29/2012 03:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Get over yourselves.

You still up kid? *smile*

Its only 21.30 p.m. here :)
Ballin on Your Tax Dollars

User ID: 9927807
United States
11/29/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't tell me what to eat, thanks sincerely.

- Omnivore
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9788321

I just had vegetables for lunch...they were sitting on top of the grilled chicken breast :)
 Quoting: BRIEF

Double homocide.
Don't blame the puppet in the white house, blame the system he came up in.

:gtable:
DaKine

United States
11/29/2012 03:30 PM

Report Abusive Post

I look forward to this. I'm bored with eating to stay alive..LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12914414
United States
11/29/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
No.

Christ taught that HUman does not eat flesh. That is for cavemen types who have not evolved enough to not need animals in this manner. Grow up. See how abused animals are that are raised in factory food farms. Its horrible. and their fear carries over into the meat you consume.

you do realize christ is a character from a novel right?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I look forward to this. I'm bored with eating to stay alive..LOL
 Quoting: DaKine

Interestingly, many, many people are beginning to feel the same way. I get very tired of having to eat. Maybe we are beginning to grow beyond it soon. I agree. I hope so also.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
No.

you do realize christ is a character from a novel right?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12914414

Have some respect. I'm not a Christian, but a little respect hurts no one. In fact, it will help you.

Peace
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Got to go. Love and peace to all. May we all find our way Home soon.

A friend.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey ANHEDONIC,
You know, you and I have talked many times before. I enjoy your thoughts and views. I used to be known here as Fibonacci. Remember me? *smile*

It's been nice talking with you all here. Thanks for letting me present my views freely.

Peace

Hey friend... How do you manage to eat a healthy diet while traveling on the road? Where do you eat?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25738877
United States
11/29/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
if only Eve wanted a steak instead of an apple we all would be fine peace
DaKine

United States
11/29/2012 03:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
Got to go. Love and peace to all. May we all find our way Home soon.

A friend.

Thank you!hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey ANHEDONIC,

Peace

Hey friend... How do you manage to eat a healthy diet while traveling on the road? Where do you eat?

If I'm forced to, I go to Subway and have a Veggie Delite sandwich. Or I eat Ramein noodles with some raw onions and broccoli in it. Hash browns and toast at any breakfast diner with maybe fruit.

When I am real ambitious I cook oatmeal with walnuts, cinnamon, sugar and raisins. Or maybe homemade vegetable soup.

Easy really. Still traveling the U.S. I have never been so happy with my life.

Take care my friend.

GLP