User ID: 13908485
Brazil
11/29/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Please, please stop eating meat.
if only Eve wanted a steak instead of an apple we all would be fine peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25738877

"There are two trees growing in Paradise. The one bears animals, the other bears men. Adam ate from the tree which bore animals. He became an animal and he brought forth animals."
 Quoting: Philip

Gospel of Philip
[link to gnosis.org]
Nus
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25738877
United States
11/29/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
if there was a tree that bears men then why was Adam created seems we had a tree full of them haha same with the animals.
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 13908485
Brazil
11/29/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
if there was a tree that bears men then why was Adam created seems we had a tree full of them haha same with the animals.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25738877

I don't know exactly what is meant by that, just thought I'd bring it up, there are other passages on this Gospel aswell that could be related. Just 2 cents for the ones that are bringing scripture/religion to discuss the subject tounge
Nus
Amy_A

User ID: 16982804
United States
11/29/2012 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think we can learn a lot from the way that animals live. Humans are the only species on Earth that possess a fear of death. You see I no longer view 'death' as an undesriable outcome. I see it only as a transition or transformation back to a more natural form of existence and a continuation of the evolutionary process. I don't feel sad when people pass away anymore, I actually feel happy for them. I know that this world is just a temporary experience.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

It is the pain and suffering we inflict on the animals that we kill that you need to consider. Ok, people need to eat. Fine. Early tribal humans used to treat animals with great respect and used to thank them when they fed their families.

Now today, animals are a production line consumable. Animals suffer abuse, torment, and horror all through the killing and slaughter process.

EVERYONE LISTEN PLEASE! This is very important. To kill other life is wrong, but to kill without honor, respect and thanksgiving is not only wrong, but does tremendous harm to those consuming that helpless animal...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22577422

So should the message be to return to the 'tribal' way of treating/consuming animals or for everyone to give up meat altogether??? What I see in this discussions is always a reflection of duality. Some will say eating meat is 'bad' and others will say eating meat is 'good', and there is never any room to find a middle ground in the discussion. Why is that?
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

We can't go back and I don't think we want to. We lived that experience. It's time to move forward. That was who we used to be.

As I said earlier, because of our spiritual changes, our DNA is also changing to deal with our new need to no longer consume our brothers and sisters.

I will get slammed for saying this, but I truly believe that we will reach a point in our physical development where we no longer will need to consume living plants and animals at all and we will soon be able to survive on energy directly...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22577422

A very small percent, live on nothing but water and Prana or life's energy. Research Genesis or his brother Jericho Sunfire and their lifestyle of breatharian. It is the most bizarre lifestyle I have run across but some can live this way. Think of how much money they save by not having to eat constantly? Both men are athletes before and after their transmutation. They feel their lifestyle is not for everyone. Their body could handle the long process from cooked foods, raw foods, fruit only, liquids only, then finally just Prana and water. These people live on a different spiritual level.

Peace

Last Edited by Amy_A on 11/29/2012 06:47 PM
Amy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 816818
United States
11/29/2012 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP.. we are cooking half a cow this weekend.. And I love BEEF.. so im sorry I will NEVER stop eating the best thing in the world.. BEEEEEEF.. So yuma...Think I will make me a big double cheese buger and to add to it I will throw some bacon on it.. and I will be thinking of you OP
Shamar

User ID: 1479302
United States
11/29/2012 08:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
There aren't many scripture followers here on this thread, but I'd like to toss another theory out there for anyone who DOES follow the scriptures.

Howabout this?

The watchers who descended and mated with women, and taught them arts of war, medicine and beauty. They created the nephilim........

These were the ones who caused the great I AM to repent of creating man.

these are the ones who were satiated with blood/meat. These are the ones who taught mankind to eat meat.
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28105140
United States
11/29/2012 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, if these fools insist on sending me back over and over again...then have at it. I hope they are PATIENT, because apparently I'm a SLOW LEARNER and am in no hurry.

Perhaps they will realize that I'm not so bad and stop trying to control my spirit 100%. Because we all have a spirit, right? Even the animals? Maybe freedom is in order? I little bit?
YOUCITY
User ID: 18850702
United States
11/29/2012 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll leave it at that. A simple request for understanding.

Quoting: 1908247

I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now , not a vegan though.
Is it just as important to be a vegan ?
queenbee
User ID: 1562977
United States
11/30/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
i think what some people here want is to feel like they are somehow different, evolved or chosen.

at my advanced age i have found that we are all pretty much the same. all just wonderful. it is true that you can feel pretty good for a pretty long time (years) as a vegan (depending on the stores you have set aside). but eventually you will begin to degenerate when the end of those stores have been reached. MS, dental and skeletal disease, other autoimmune diseases (which are actually infections).

if you life like a monk (allowed to pray and not expected to do much) you will degenerate a little more slowly.

do not attempt pregnancy or nursing while vegan--you have the right to experiment with your own health, but not theirs. raise children on a traditional, wholesome diet.

www.westonaprice.org

scripture. hey, they are all beautiful words, but all we have to do is look around us at the real world and inside us for the answers.

my grandfather lived to 93. my grandmother is still extant at 97. they were both energetic and healthful to the end and meat eaters. i doubt many of us born in more modern times will live that long. we are not sick because we eat meat. you are on the wrong path. there are MANY other reasons why and your are getting bogged down.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26125917
United States
11/30/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
No.
 Quoting: Dinkytuff

Stop eating meat? My answer is the same as the above. No.
weasel keeper

User ID: 15395274
United States
11/30/2012 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
There aren't many scripture followers here on this thread, but I'd like to toss another theory out there for anyone who DOES follow the scriptures.

Howabout this?

The watchers who descended and mated with women, and taught them arts of war, medicine and beauty. They created the nephilim........

these are the ones who were satiated with blood/meat. These are the ones who taught mankind to eat meat.
 Quoting: Shamar

You're another occultist that has taken Gods Holy Scripture and twisted it to suit your demented ideology.
Wild Weasels? You've got to be shitting me!
Shamar

United States
11/30/2012 09:46 PM

Report Abusive Post

Howabout this?

You're another occultist that has taken Gods Holy Scripture and twisted it to suit your demented ideology.
 Quoting: weasel keeper

wut? have you not read the scriptures?
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1282278
United States
11/30/2012 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
You a Vegan??......My food shits on your food.............
weasel keeper

User ID: 15395274
United States
11/30/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Howabout this?

Yes, I have read the scriptures for the last 30 years, and the Holy Spirit of God is The Interpreter to me, not some blind ignorant demon posessed shill.
Wild Weasels? You've got to be shitting me!
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 28836885
Brazil
12/01/2012 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Geez scratching
Nus
1908247  (OP)

User ID: 28836885
Brazil
12/01/2012 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Everyday I login there is a new bad karma because of this thread..

" My ex was vegan - ugh"

Getting weirder by the day lol
Nus
Shamar

United States
12/01/2012 07:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
Everyday I login there is a new bad karma because of this thread..

" My ex was vegan - ugh"

Getting weirder by the day lol
 Quoting: 1908247

yeah, my experience has been that this topic brings out the very worst of meat eating people. you should read my bad karma comments. Wow.
Shamar

United States
12/01/2012 07:39 AM

Report Abusive Post

Howabout this?

Yes, I have read the scriptures for the last 30 years, and the Holy Spirit of God is The Interpreter to me, not some blind ignorant demon posessed shill.

I guess you have missed some key scriptures then. You may want to go back and revisit.

GLP