User ID: 13843864
United States
11/28/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Please, please stop eating meat.
No.
 Quoting: Dinkytuff

Christ taught that HUman does not eat flesh. That is for cavemen types who have not evolved enough to not need animals in this manner. Grow up. See how abused animals are that are raised in factory food farms. Its horrible. and their fear carries over into the meat you consume.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

It is not what goes into a Man's mouth that defiles him. What goes into a Man's mouth enters into the stomach and is passed out through the sewer. It is what comes out of a Man's mouth that defiles him.
Shamar

User ID: 24946868
United States
11/28/2012 03:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
When I was in high school I learned that deer hunting actually helps bring balance to the overpopulation in my area.

The hunters kill/eat the deer, otherwise the deer breed and breed, they run out in front of cars, they get disease and ticks, which spread. They start eating from gardens, so then the non-meat eaters suffer too, right?

But the hunter kills a deer and takes one out of the equation to feed his family and is called a savage, or caveman, etc by the people who do not eat meat. Not everything is black and white.

I do not like how animals are treated in some slaughter houses. I do my research on how an animal is treated before being processed. If the company (Tyson, for example) is known for being unethical, I do not buy their meat. I do, however, support local butchers. I support local hunters and encourage my husband to bring some meat home for us.

That is my opinion on this subject.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23005221

That's exactly where I was at before I made the final step to stop eating meat altogether, and that happened when I realized that God's Word tells us not to eat meat.

I understand the over population of deer and the problems it causes......we have an over population of all animals though, and it is due to the stupidity of humans and how we are managing this planet.
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Shamar

United States
11/28/2012 03:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
No.
 Quoting: Dinkytuff

Christ taught that HUman does not eat flesh. That is for cavemen types who have not evolved enough to not need animals in this manner. Grow up. See how abused animals are that are raised in factory food farms. Its horrible. and their fear carries over into the meat you consume.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

It is not what goes into a Man's mouth that defiles him. What goes into a Man's mouth enters into the stomach and is passed out through the sewer. It is what comes out of a Man's mouth that defiles him.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13843864

He wasn't talking about eating meat.....

2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”
Love is like light. It is never constrained to its source; it shines on everything and tends to spread spontaneously, unless we block it! ~ Cosmic Swami
Desert Fox

User ID: 8786935
United States
11/28/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't think so.
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28392925
Spain
11/28/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28642507

I just love chocolate..I eat pure raw cocoa though..gosh I love it :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27781348
United States
11/28/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please please please eat my asshole
"Irene"
User ID: 237680
United States
11/28/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Yes!!!!Do stop eating meat, I mean as in the only exception I see being seafood and white meat only. Why? Because I, first off have no sympathy whatsoever for the animals they're getting the meat (and, in my opinion dairy products). But because these FILTHY ANIMALS are, let's face it, gross and nauseatingly disgusting animals! E-coli, cryptosporidium, you name it as far as diseases and even potentially devestating effects on the environment have all been linked to cows, sheep goats and other filthy Bovine creatures which in my opinion should be eradicated! Needless to say but, yes I am also a long-time vegetarian as well."

"THANK-YOU!!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27768559
United States
11/28/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, fuck off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27768559
United States
11/28/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Damn dirty hippes.
Desert Fox

User ID: 8786935
United States
11/28/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Yes!!!!Do stop eating meat, I mean as in the only exception I see being seafood and white meat only. Why? Because I, first off have no sympathy whatsoever for the animals they're getting the meat (and, in my opinion dairy products). But because these FILTHY ANIMALS are, let's face it, gross and nauseatingly disgusting animals! E-coli, cryptosporidium, you name it as far as diseases and even potentially devestating effects on the environment have all been linked to cows, sheep goats and other filthy Bovine creatures which in my opinion should be eradicated! Needless to say but, yes I am also a long-time vegetarian as well."

"THANK-YOU!!"
 Quoting: "Irene" 237680

The nurse is calling you, it's time for meds.
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
Shamar

User ID: 1479302
United States
11/28/2012 08:54 PM

Report Abusive Post
bump
weasel keeper

User ID: 15395274
United States
11/28/2012 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
no need to reference the bible or any other person.

look around you at the birds, animals and plants and the microflora.

they will teach you that we are all one, we all die, and we all eat each other.

each species has its ways of living

don't hate yourself because you are an omnivore

and don't get your nutrition info from the media

if you do want a bible of eating, some sort of user manual for being a human--weston price studied the health and diets of people on their traditional, non-modern diets throughout the world. he found NO VEGANS. he found people who ate mostly fish and sea mammals and very little plants (inuit), and he found people who ate mostly dairy and rye and meat just once a week (mountain swiss) he found people who ate seafoods and oats (scott). he found people who ate buffalo and other land animals and fish and some plants (native americans) he found a whole spectrum of eating, but he didn't find any succesful, healthy tribes who did not eat some animal foods. he also compared the successful traditional diets to modern ones and found modern diets lacking.

read the book "nutrition and physical degeneration" to find out. pick your favorite, proven successful diet and live it! don't just write off animal foods and ruin your health. it is very hard to return to health once it is broken.

it is not good or evil, it just IS
 Quoting: queenbee 1562977

I spent a good part of a day reading Weston Price's book last summer, a very good read for the few people looking for the truth, but the ignorant greenie sheep will hate it.
Wild Weasels? You've got to be shitting me!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2192301
United States
11/29/2012 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
When I was in high school I learned that deer hunting actually helps bring balance to the overpopulation in my area.

The hunters kill/eat the deer, otherwise the deer breed and breed, they run out in front of cars, they get disease and ticks, which spread. They start eating from gardens, so then the non-meat eaters suffer too, right?

But the hunter kills a deer and takes one out of the equation to feed his family and is called a savage, or caveman, etc by the people who do not eat meat. Not everything is black and white.

I do not like how animals are treated in some slaughter houses. I do my research on how an animal is treated before being processed. If the company (Tyson, for example) is known for being unethical, I do not buy their meat. I do, however, support local butchers. I support local hunters and encourage my husband to bring some meat home for us.

Thus far, the most balanced, rational post in this thread.

Glad I read it.
DUCM900

User ID: 28697354
Italy
11/29/2012 03:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thus far, the most balanced, rational post in this thread.

Glad I read it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2192301

I don't thik so, otherwise I can say thay gays are there and promoted for humans overpopulation as well. --> [link to www.ynetnews.com]
Smashy76

User ID: 20773761
Canada
11/29/2012 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just for the Bob Marley, I decided NOT to but bacon bits on my bacon and sausage this morning at breakfast. Also I I killed my dinner first, before I plucked all it's feathers off.

If you're offended, you should be. I don't tell you what to eat, or try to guilt you into not eating soy products due to the massive destruction they're agriculture causes.

The meat that I do eat is harvested in a humane way and even though you've been lied to and don't think so, meat IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN part of the human diet.

A little factoid for you cause I'm sure you'll attempt some weird vegan argument on meat is murder and humans are gastronomically incompatible to process meat.

Until human's started farming and the introduction of grains consistently became part of human diet, humans didn't have tooth decay. It was unheard of until grains and cereals, g'head ask anthropologists. Humans process grains and cereals into glucose a.k.a. sugar. Also we (people) have spent centuries eating meat starting with scavenging predator kills, then hunting any other creature that they could catch.

You talk about a "simple request for understanding" yet every time I was around a vegan or vegetarian they feel the need to announce and patronize anyone who isn't a vegan or vegetarian. So it's a simple request I'm asking to not hear or be told you're a vegetarian and tell me what to eat.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

I'd rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.
DUCM900

Italy
11/29/2012 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

The meat that I do eat is harvested in a humane way and even though you've been lied to and don't think so, meat IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN part of the human diet.

Quoting: Smashy76

bsflag
Smashy76

User ID: 20773761
Canada
11/29/2012 05:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Smashy76

bsflag
 Quoting: DUCM900

WHY bs that I know where my meat comes from? Bs that I use a local butcher and do so cause I know where he gets it from and the processes from farm to plate. I do this cause I want to know wtf I feed my kids.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

I'd rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.
DUCM900

Italy
11/29/2012 05:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I mean especially this:

'meat IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN part of the human diet. '
queenbee
User ID: 1562977
United States
11/29/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
please for the love of god do some research before you speak.

animal foods of all types have always been a part of the human diet. from bugs to milk to birds, fish, crustaceans, mammals both vegetarian and omnivore themselves.

why don't you figure out where your ancestors lived before modern times, and find out what they ate. i'm willing to bet that there were animal foods involved, in fact, i'm willing to bet they ate AS MUCH animal food as they could find. and filled the gaps with plant food.

humans are omnivores.

and that is not bs.

I mean especially this:

Shamar

United States
11/29/2012 10:12 AM

Report Abusive Post
please for the love of god do some research before you speak.

animal foods of all types have always been a part of the human diet. from bugs to milk to birds, fish, crustaceans, mammals both vegetarian and omnivore themselves.

why don't you figure out where your ancestors lived before modern times, and find out what they ate. i'm willing to bet that there were animal foods involved, in fact, i'm willing to bet they ate AS MUCH animal food as they could find. and filled the gaps with plant food.

humans are omnivores.

and that is not bs.

I mean especially this:

Quoting: queenbee 1562977

29 Then God said, “Here! Throughout the whole earth I am giving you as food every seed-bearing plant and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. 30 And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul, I am giving as food every kind of green plant.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27229787
United States
11/29/2012 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
sorry, can't comply with your request.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wait a minute, you're playing a video of Obama saying people need to eat less meat?!?!?!

The same sumabitch who shovels hot dogs down his gullet the minute he gets out of Michelle's icy stare>?!?!?!

Shirley You Jest!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
the Obama comment is in reference to the video at the top of page 8. I thought I was on the first page of the thread and that video was OP's first post.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13275147
United States
11/29/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
op...

if you feel such a strong kinship with the animal kingdom which consists of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores; why wouldn't you feel an even stronger kinship with mankind that also consists of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores?

does a lion care what an elephant eats?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/29/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ohhhh I KNOW you are right on this one...BUT seriously if we ate only veggies and fruit (which I did for a month) we would wither away to skin and bones. I think we, as human beings have been used to eating meat all of our lives and it would be a shock to our systems to stop cold turkey (no pun intended)....

I actually was thinking this very thing this morning as I was frying sausage in the skillet. Meat is my main weakness and I just don't know how I would give it up permanently...

THANK YOU for your love for others!hf
 Quoting: DaddysGirl

Truthfully, it isnt that hard to stop eating meat. I am going on three months now. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind, as I tried years ago and failed. The key is to not replace meat with pasta and bread. I do feel "lighter", but have only lost a few pounds. Just can't stomach the suffering of animals anymore. To each his own......follow your own conscience.
Peace to you OPhf
 Quoting: DaKine

And what a lovely reason..because of the suffering of others hugs
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/29/2012 10:54 AM

Report Abusive Post
I became a vegetarian for 7 years and turned into a fat pig because I was always hungry and just gorged on starches.

Now I do the smart thing and eat SMALL AMOUNTS of everything and am no longer a fat pig.

Yes, I know I am a genius. You can be too. BTW I would prefer to eat humanely raised/ killed meat and at every opportunity pay extra to do so.

If civilization fell I would kill animals and eat them. I already kill the fish I catch and eat them. When I started jonesing for chicken/birds I know they would not be safe near me. But again, humane death is the key word here. Unskilled hunters suck.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28105140

That's why I love Chinese food...it's mostly veggies, but they recognize the benefits of a small amount of meat...and they don't overcook the veggies, just enough to take some of the crunch out.
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1290427
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you can eat meat without being repulsed by it then you are simply not ready yet and will be returning to earth many more times to repeat your education.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/29/2012 10:55 AM

Report Abusive Post

Meat was a luxury and expensive, he didn't eat it because he was a bum with no job...
 Quoting: BRIEF

That's funny. But to be spiritually advanced, you cannot eat meat, it's just the way it is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1370992

He ate fish, you stupid cocksucker, as well as lamb. Is that not meat?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11685337

At the last supper he wasnt passing round the lamb chops was he? he was passing round bread and wine
 Quoting: wildhoney

He was a bum, after buying wine they can afford anything else...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
cooley
User ID: 23602635
United States
11/29/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
eat according to your blood type:}
Anonymous Coward
Spain
11/29/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's funny. But to be spiritually advanced, you cannot eat meat, it's just the way it is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1370992

He ate fish, you stupid cocksucker, as well as lamb. Is that not meat?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11685337

At the last supper he wasnt passing round the lamb chops was he? he was passing round bread and wine
 Quoting: wildhoney

He was a bum, after buying wine they can afford anything else...
 Quoting: BRIEF

who said He bought it?coffee4

GLP