Asked why I was paying cash!! WTF

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8668963
United States
11/28/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Asked why I was paying cash!! WTF
Anyone else been asked this? In the uk or anywhere else?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1353978

I often pay with dollar bills and if asked where I got so many, I say "I'm a dancer". That usually shuts them down with laughter. Then I pretend to be insulted that they laughed.
Burt Gummer

User ID: 7702124
United States
11/28/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Today I was in a large department store here in the uk and I was asked why I was paying cash!! I asked the cashier why she was asking me she said it was part of a survey they were doing! We're moving one step closer to a cashless society!!!!!

Next time just tell her with a straight face....you are laundering money.

Let her chew on that for a while. rockon

Last Edited by Useless Cookie Eater on 11/28/2012 04:08 PM
Lotus Flower

User ID: 16091860
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone else been asked this? In the uk or anywhere else?

No. I am more concerned by those people that insist on paying by credit card for a baguette from Upper Crust! They do my fucking head in.

£2.50 for a baguette and they hand over a CC.

hunter
Lotus

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2

One Crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name - Thomas Osbert Mordaunt
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28524339
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
The mind boggles though, seriously what is the fucking point of printed currency if you get the Spanish inquisition coming your way every time you use some???

What a fucking nonsense this forsaken planet is.
Lotus Flower

United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
The mind boggles though, seriously what is the fucking point of printed currency if you get the Spanish inquisition coming your way every time you use some???

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28524339

Exactly.

Damn it, next time I pay via cash for an item, I intend to pay by 2p coins. I have loads here in my coin counter!!!
Lotus

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2

One Crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name - Thomas Osbert Mordaunt
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Today I was in a large department store here in the uk and I was asked why I was paying cash!! I asked the cashier why she was asking me she said it was part of a survey they were doing! We're moving one step closer to a cashless society!!!!!

Quoting: Burt Gummer

Haha aye, the thing is though its not really the cashiers fault or whoever asks you the question, no doubt they're just obeying orders from their paymasters I suppose. It would make the cashier smile, but is not enough of a two-fingered or a middle finger salute to the fuckers that think this is ok to ask you such intrusive questions, and undoubtedly publically. That's another thing that gets me about this kinda shit, why should I have to explain my personal choices to not only the person asking, but every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry within earshot. Fuck em. I can't wait to get asked this!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2561889
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
The morjority of the sheeple believe it's the safest and easiest to pay not understanding that TPTB are manipulating them into to paying that way for goods and services so their lives and everything they do is tracked and logged
Sarah Conner

User ID: 1513903
United States
11/28/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
You should have seen the reaction when we asked if we could pay for our car in gold. Ha!

sockpuppetpump2lolsignpump2sockpuppet
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2561889
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Haha aye, the thing is though its not really the cashiers fault or whoever asks you the question, no doubt they're just obeying orders from their paymasters I suppose. It would make the cashier smile, but is not enough of a two-fingered or a middle finger salute to the fuckers that think this is ok to ask you such intrusive questions, and undoubtedly publically. That's another thing that gets me about this kinda shit, why should I have to explain my personal choices to not only the person asking, but every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry within earshot. Fuck em. I can't wait to get asked this!

You will be asked soon enough, this kind of "survey" is becoming more common place, also if you ever withdraw a large amount of cash from a bank the cashier will almost certainly ask you what's the cash for.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27162552
United States
11/28/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
The other day I was was using some nickles to pay for 3.00 worth of items at the store, just nickles, I like to use them. The cashier told me it was "against the rules" to accept them if not wrapped.

I said "Can you give we a wrapper"? She said "no".

I wanted to explain to her that coins are actual money (specie) and that paper money is debt.

but I just smiled, and knowingly winked at her and said "Thanks for breaking the rules for me." and she said "no problem!" in a defeated way, like as if I confused her.

I think she was just stupid or lazy, but what was funny was that the guy behind me had a bunch of coins unwrapped with which to pay, as well! Ha!
 Quoting: US anti-coin movement? 28226269

I use to work at a gas station where they had this kind of rule, but I never followed it because it was stupid. They only had it to save a few minutes here and there and not keep other people waiting.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly.

Damn it, next time I pay via cash for an item, I intend to pay by 2p coins. I have loads here in my coin counter!!!
 Quoting: Lotus Flower

Haha yeah, I've done this too, though got pulled up on it once, and after some investigation discovered that shops have the right to refuse certain volumes of coinage, and cant remember the exact quantities per coin but its something like no more than 20p's worth of 2p's, a fivers worth of 20p's etc.

Still good to do, especially good fun with shops you loathe but don't have any other options.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28071438
United States
11/28/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Mark of the Beast is not too far away.

this is the only time in history ; technologically can be done.

Cashless ; and to track every purchase but also

TURN OFF your ability to buy as well.

Control freaks are coming

If I am paying for groceries with a 100 dollar bill; the cashier sometimes looks at me funny
and inspects the dollar

But no one has verbally asked me
natasha77

User ID: 28641059
United States
11/28/2012 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Next time ask them why they are so ugly,

Honestly, i'm paying cash because i'm a dead beat and nobody will give me a card.

What will they say?????fing22 wave them off with the finger. The international symbol of "go screw yourself"
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Lotus Flower

United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

You will be asked soon enough, this kind of "survey" is becoming more common place, also if you ever withdraw a large amount of cash from a bank the cashier will almost certainly ask you what's the cash for.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2561889

I'm gonna tell the cashier it is all to buy sweets.
Lotus

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27811635
United States
11/28/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

you should have told them that soon this paper won't be worth a fuck so i'm getting rid of it while the fuck i can....rockon
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

If I am paying for groceries with a 100 dollar bill; the cashier sometimes looks at me funny
and inspects the dollar

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28071438

Yeah its fucking scary isn't it. And it's been heading that way for a long time. Not something that's just happened. A little nudge here, another little push there.

Incrementalist totalitarianism.

Yeah, you're damn right I don't want the government knowing I spent £1.85 this week on 2 packets of custard creams and a packed of bourbon biscuits, none of their f'ing business! If I lose that right to keep which biscuits I choese to eat on a weekly basis, and how many of them, which brand, and which store I bought them from, then it's over.

Thats purely an extremely trivial example of course.

However, we can't just let this kinda shit happen to us.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5374354
United States
11/28/2012 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Imagine my anger and dismay when, for anyone standing there to hear, a bank teller actually asked me what I was planning to use a cash withdrawal for. It was a relatively unremarkable amount (few thousand dollars), and to add insult to injury, the bank gave me grief about not having my cash on hand in the first place.
 Quoting: Veranidae

That's happened to me too! Exactly the same thing in a bank
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1507093

I had this exact same thing. I'm not exactly wealthy full balance in the bank is usually around 5k. When I went to withdraw 2k$ and asked for cash the teller actually got the bank manager who then asked why I would need to withdraw cash, what it was for, and if a cashier check would suffice.

I then changed my request and to withdrawing my entire balance in cash and closing the account. Drove 3 minutes down the road and opend an account with a local credit union.

Get your money outta the banks now give it to the local credit unions and small banks. You might be glad you did.
ADEND

User ID: 7548489
United States
11/28/2012 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is simple. I reply, "I know the bank takes 3-5% of card transactions. I pay cash so your business can keep down costs and either pay employees more or pass savings along to me."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26443989
United States
11/28/2012 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you are female, dare to give an answer like, I use them to stuff my bra. If you are a male, say you fill your pocket with them to create a large bulge.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25148952

Don't need bills to stuff down there.....tis already over full as it is!

afro
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

If people haven't come to terms with or wont accept the fact that we do not need money to function in society or even more profound, that we do not need overlords to control the money resource and make policies that govern us all, then perhaps, they deserve to be in that cashless society. As it makes their enslavement easier. We never valued this as a kid and we were taught distrust through this system. Yet we still wallow in and continue in the illusion and think we are of sane mind?

NWO of a society filled with sheeples in progress. Will you be part of them?

Money has been a tool of control and enslavement which people have absolutely no clue it is. It is used to manipulate the masses with its contraction and expansion by the overlords. How long will you continue to play this game?

So, when they introduce this mark of the beast and all cash transactions are stalled, I'm sure jesus will be coming to bail people out of this despite the fact that they, in their mindsets, have allowed currency to cause division and distrust between them and their fellow mankind? Will you not see the Matrix for what it is, the mind trap and save yourselves?

Last Edited by Ohwell on 11/28/2012 04:55 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1988137
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

and inspects the dollar

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28071438

Yeah its fucking scary isn't it. And it's been heading that way for a long time. Not something that's just happened. A little nudge here, another little push there.

Incrementalist totalitarianism.

Yeah, you're damn right I don't want the government knowing I spent £1.85 this week on 2 packets of custard creams and a packed of bourbon biscuits, none of their f'ing business! If I lose that right to keep which biscuits I choese to eat on a weekly basis, and how many of them, which brand, and which store I bought them from, then it's over.

Thats purely an extremely trivial example of course.

However, we can't just let this kinda shit happen to us.

I agree, but unfortunately it's too late and this kinda shit is happening and I don't think there is much we can do about it, very sad, just to many people asleep
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 610727
Australia
11/28/2012 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Next time they ask say Why do you ask stupid questions! Info mining at it's best and most sheeple will actually answer honestly. You are correct cashless is their next step to global currency. peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28500452

I would just politely decline to answer. You're right, it is data mining, but you also don't want to get worked up because that will give them valuable information too. The cashiers have probably been told to gauge reactions too.
ADEND

User ID: 7548489
United States
11/28/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is simple. I reply, "I know the bank takes 3-5% of card transactions. I pay cash so your business can keep down costs and either pay employees more or pass savings along to me."

I like this because it plants the seed that every card payment is holding down business profits and her salary as well.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Next time they ask say Why do you ask stupid questions! Info mining at it's best and most sheeple will actually answer honestly. You are correct cashless is their next step to global currency. peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28500452

I would just politely decline to answer. You're right, it is data mining, but you also don't want to get worked up because that will give them valuable information too. The cashiers have probably been told to gauge reactions too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 610727

Yeah, probably the best bet.

I think I've decided my response to any commercial entity asking me this question will be to answer a question with a question and that question will be a curt...

'Do you want my custom or not?'

Money always talks, as sad as that is, whether tangible or otherwise.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1425692
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15787898
United States
11/28/2012 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why did I pay cash?

Because I left my gold and silver at home, thinking you wouldn't accept real money....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12788471
United States
11/28/2012 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would look her staight in the eye and tell her that you only pay cash for whores.

haha to me this one wins
cant wait to try it out
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5449673
United Kingdom
11/28/2012 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, i am in UK and have a little story to tell.
I own a small bed and furniture shop in a very local area. I have been open 6 month and trade is somewhat slow because of recesion.
I don't have a business bank account because there involes charges. Also charges for any money i put in. Charges for money i take out. Charges for direct debit etc etc.
I don't take credit cards because there is a monthly charge for the card machine, a charge for every transaction as well as commission charges on every item i sell.
I don't take debit card because of the same reasons.
I don't have internet or phone connected to the shop because of steep monthly charges for commercial line and internet. So i just use my mobile (cell) phone for all my work. This means i can answer the phone even when i am out.

Because of all the savings i make on not paying charges to the robbing banks, i am able to pass on all the saving to the customers. I am like for like much cheaper than high street stores.
Now to the main point i am making.... Every time a customer wants to pay by card i explain to them that the reason i am cheaper is because i pass on the charges i would have had to pay to bank as a discount to the customer.
Now here is the suprise that i really did not expect myself. Almost every single customer agreed delightfully with my explanation and came back to buy with cash. During the six month i only lost one customer because of taking cash only.
I really don't know how long i am able to keep this going before we become a cashless society, but the reaction of people in this day and age is actually more accepting before the reccesion.
What do you all think.
I expect things are a bit different in USA as most people there only pay by card.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/28/2012 05:15 PM

Report Abusive Post

Did you tell them you were a drug dealer? I would have just to get their reaction :)
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28629593
Luxembourg
11/28/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would look her staight in the eye and tell her that you only pay cash for whores.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12788471

haha to me this one wins
cant wait to try it out

cruise good one

GLP