Sleeping Giant

User ID: 543618
United States
11/29/2012 02:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Guantanamo Inmates Could Be Moved To US Jails
Remember this?

Thread: REPORTS: DOJ, OBAMA PURCHASING ILLINOIS PRISON FOR GITMO INMATE TRANSFER

Seems pretty credible now.
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

User ID: 1531528
11/29/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

yes

How much you wanna bet Valerie Jarret and/or Tony Rezko have a piece of that real estate deal pie?
Tell me what this tastes like...
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
11/29/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah so. Don't let the fear mongers put the fear in you. These are not evil geniuses with death rays. They put a bomb in a back pack. Walk in somewhere and blow themselves up. They are not very smart. They won't create an elaborate Oceans 11 style plan to escape.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13686909

That isn't the threat.

The threat is that once they are in civilian custody in US jails, they will have infinite tax payer-funded legal resources to fuck with us from the inside. Endless appeals, ACLU suits, etc. Holder and Obama see these pricks as oppressed victims.
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

this is an absolute nightmare. i knew this election would mean boat-loads of crap, but even i did not predict this.

5 * s
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
11/29/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah so. Don't let the fear mongers put the fear in you. These are not evil geniuses with death rays. They put a bomb in a back pack. Walk in somewhere and blow themselves up. They are not very smart. They won't create an elaborate Oceans 11 style plan to escape.

That isn't the threat.

The threat is that once they are in civilian custody in US jails, they will have infinite tax payer-funded legal resources to fuck with us from the inside. Endless appeals, ACLU suits, etc. Holder and Obama see these pricks as oppressed victims.

not to even mention the nightmare of taking care of them and guarding them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28722173
Germany
11/29/2012 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
hell yeah

clappa
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

That isn't the threat.

this is an absolute nightmare. i knew this election would mean boat-loads of crap, but even i did not predict this.

5 * s
 Quoting: davvi

yes

cheers
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ha! The good news just keeps on comin'!

Thread: Terrorist Apologist Appointed Number 3 At DOJ
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1488600
United States
11/29/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you think this is the "real" reason why they passed the NDAA? So they could move the inmates here? They wouldn't be able to do it without the NDAA in place.
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you think this is the "real" reason why they passed the NDAA? So they could move the inmates here? They wouldn't be able to do it without the NDAA in place.
 Quoting: CrissCross

I know we are being eviscerated in a million directions from thousands of internal directions. It's hard to say which cut is actually intended to do the most damage.
Future Viewer
User ID: 1344660
United States
11/29/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Guantanamo Bay detention centre could be closed and the 166 inmates could be sent to prisons in the US, according to a new government report.

"This report demonstrates that if the political will exists, we could finally close Guantanamo without imperilling our national security," said Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman who released the recommendations.

[link to news.sky.com]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Send them to Butner FCI, Butner, NC, they'll like the accommodations.

Besides they got Halal and Kosher food!...

What a joke (USDOJ and Justice Dept).. What a joke..

Idol1
Future Viewer
United States
11/29/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Guantanamo Bay detention centre could be closed and the 166 inmates could be sent to prisons in the US, according to a new government report.

"This report demonstrates that if the political will exists, we could finally close Guantanamo without imperilling our national security," said Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman who released the recommendations.

[link to news.sky.com]

Idol1
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to news.sky.com]

Idol1
 Quoting: Future Viewer 1344660

holder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 801546
United States
11/29/2012 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
More fear mongering bullshit.

These men are no more of a problem than the gangs that currently run free and control certain sections of cities.
 Quoting: Sneetch

LOL. His excuse for this fear mongering was that the 166 prisoners in G-bay would ruin the system from the inside out, by writing appeals that take taxpayers time and money.

LOL.

Right....the 166 prisoners, the ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX prisoners will ruin this country inside out with the lengthy appeal process.

I hope none of you fall for this bs, lol.

Every single prisoner in his right mind tries to appeal. That is their right. Whether or not it is the right of Non-Citizens doesn't even matter in this case, simply because even if it WERE allowed to happen, 166 appeal processes aren't going to bankrupt a country 300 million strong. Not when the appeal process is a normal part of the incarceration process for nearly every single what, 20 million prisoners?

Get real
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

These men are no more of a problem than the gangs that currently run free and control certain sections of cities.

^this.

The most common, and widely used excuse for not transferring detainees to U.S. prisons (in the government's own words) has been and continues to be the fear of radicalization of prisoners.

Unfortunately for the government, that idea has been shot down time after time not only by academics in the field of corrections, but even practitioners within the same field.

Their argument falls along the same lines of the "think of the children" people. They instill a irrational fear into the public (which is aided by sensationalized media) to sway public opinion in their favor.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3095752

ohyeah
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, there should be no fear mongering about them recruiting, inciting violence, etc etc. I'm 90% sure that every single one of the "166" would be in protective custody, not in population.

Even if they did manage to get in population, the inmates that run the prison yards are much worse than them. They won't be running shit, lol.
Future Viewer
United States
11/29/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

LOL. His excuse for this fear mongering was that the 166 prisoners in G-bay would ruin the system from the inside out, by writing appeals that take taxpayers time and money.

LOL.

Right....the 166 prisoners, the ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX prisoners will ruin this country inside out with the lengthy appeal process.

I hope none of you fall for this bs, lol.

Every single prisoner in his right mind tries to appeal. That is their right. Whether or not it is the right of Non-Citizens doesn't even matter in this case, simply because even if it WERE allowed to happen, 166 appeal processes aren't going to bankrupt a country 300 million strong. Not when the appeal process is a normal part of the incarceration process for nearly every single what, 20 million prisoners?

Get real
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 801546

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A few points:

#1 The Blacks and Latinos have already bankrupted this country on Entitlements.

#2 The "Hasadic/Russian/Religious/Orthodox" Jews have bankrupted even more with, 5x more Entitlements than #1.

#3 This Country (USA) is already Bankrupted as most Federal Judges and Federal Prosecutors and FBI, CIA, NSA, and DHS will attest!.

So this appeal process is nothing more..

Besides Federal Reserve will just print fake ass money with no backing anyhow!

militia
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

I never said it would ruin the system. I said it would unnecessarily burden the system, because there are a lot of lawyers and judges with no more sense of decency or morality than you possess.

Last Edited by Carshy McCarsh on 11/29/2012 06:40 PM
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

^this.

The most common, and widely used excuse for not transferring detainees to U.S. prisons (in the government's own words) has been and continues to be the fear of radicalization of prisoners.

Unfortunately for the government, that idea has been shot down time after time not only by academics in the field of corrections, but even practitioners within the same field.

Their argument falls along the same lines of the "think of the children" people. They instill a irrational fear into the public (which is aided by sensationalized media) to sway public opinion in their favor.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3095752

ohyeah
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

I used to think more of you and your analytical abilities.

How does one cultivate an "irrational fear" of individuals who have studied the weaknesses in the American jurisprudence system, and who are provably willing and able to use those weaknesses to murder as many Americans as possible?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28314857
United States
11/29/2012 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh God.
They are super-villians.
How can American Super-Max Federal Prisons
contain them?

From what I've read, Federal Super-Max prison
would be a huge blow to their freedom and
morale.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26238410
Canada
11/29/2012 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
There gonna miss Gitmo...what a nightmare for them.

rockon
GooliaJulia

User ID: 12655659
United States
11/29/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

yes

How much you wanna bet Valerie Jarret and/or Tony Rezko have a piece of that real estate deal pie?

I wonder if thats why quinn terminated the union contract the municipal employees had, they will just work for the Government soon lol

[link to www.sj-r.com]

Last Edited by Hapablab on 11/29/2012 07:40 PM
Sheep the moon
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

yes

I wonder if thats why quinn terminated the union contract the municipal employees had, they will just work for the Government soon lol

[link to www.sj-r.com]
 Quoting: GooliaJulia

applause2
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 08:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

I never said it would ruin the system. I said it would unnecessarily burden the system, because there are a lot of lawyers and judges with no more sense of decency or morality than you possess.

:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1487396
United States
11/29/2012 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh yeah, Diane Feinstein sure knows what's good for national security. (end sarcasm)

But seriously, she wants to take away our guns and bring all the terrorists here? I call treason!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28733590
United States
11/29/2012 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just put them all in Alcatraz with H. Rap Brown. Make it a reality TV show.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15680976
United States
11/29/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you want to know who NOT to listen to on this site, just make a note of OP's friend list.

That aughta do it. lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28717255

I own you, script kiddy.

lmao

Ummm, have you checked out your thread history lately?

Talk about ownage. 1rof1

Oh, and you thinking it's script is hilarious! That shit won't work on this site.

Keep the gold coming.

"Script kiddy" is a term for sad little vandals like yourself. No skills, no girl friend, no friends, nothing to do but worship me with your attention. Never stop, Script Kiddy. I own you.

:pwned:

No it isn't you moron. I actually lean on your side of this argument but sorry to tell you but "script kiddy" is a real term, with a real definition.

It's the lowest of the hacker tier that may or not be able to hack but has no programming knowledge and needs to use tools created by other hackers. This is where the term comes from. How the fuck you expect people to listen to you when you are just talking nonsense about things you clearly don't understand?
Carshy McCarsh  (OP)

11/29/2012 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

I own you, script kiddy.

lmao

Ummm, have you checked out your thread history lately?

Talk about ownage. 1rof1

Oh, and you thinking it's script is hilarious! That shit won't work on this site.

Keep the gold coming.

"Script kiddy" is a term for sad little vandals like yourself. No skills, no girl friend, no friends, nothing to do but worship me with your attention. Never stop, Script Kiddy. I own you.

pwned

No it isn't you moron. I actually lean on your side of this argument but sorry to tell you but "script kiddy" is a real term, with a real definition.

It's the lowest of the hacker tier that may or not be able to hack but has no programming knowledge and needs to use tools created by other hackers. This is where the term comes from. How the fuck you expect people to listen to you when you are just talking nonsense about things you clearly don't understand?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15680976

I know what is means, fuckwit. Log in and debate me on cyber-security. You'll piss yourself.

GLP