Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,181 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 966,789
Pageviews Today: 1,612,935Threads Today: 647Posts Today: 11,631
04:08 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Obamas plan 20-day, $4 million vacation...during Time of Fiscal Cliff hitting US Economy

A Pimp Named Slick Back
User ID: 24419860
United States
11/29/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Obamas plan 20-day, $4 million vacation...during Time of Fiscal Cliff hitting US Economy
Rich people spend $4 million on a vacation.

Growing up, my parent spent $20k to $40k on one to two week vacations we took every year; they were just upper middle class ($400k a year household). I can see $4 million on 20 days for the upper class.

Anyway. He doesn't need to be around to prevent the fiscal cliff, he doesn't make the laws, he signs them. If congress passes something, he said he will sign it. Even if he isn't there, the auto pen is.

Wait for congress to act, and then for him not to, to be upset. Until then, you are just blowing smoke.
Tardzan
User ID: 28018721
United States
11/29/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Obamas plan 20-day, $4 million vacation...during Time of Fiscal Cliff hitting US Economy
Who spends 4 million!! on a vacation??
 Quoting: Philligan

The American People for the chocolate messiah & Weezie & her entourage (the BEST friends our money can buy!!!)...

"Let them eat cake"!!!

Quoting: milehighmike

Nailed it! Michelle is the Modern Day Amerikan Marie Antoinette. --Let's see how it works out for her...

At least GWB had the decency to plot the downfall of the US, the enrichment of his cronys, and the further enslavement of The People from his own ranch in Crawford.

The audacity of the First Family is utterly disgusting and a shame for the American People.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16213727
United States
11/29/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

Michelle has to eat.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2324286

laugh Nothing more needs to be said
Tardzan
User ID: 28018721
United States
11/29/2012 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Growing up, my parent spent $20k to $40k on one to two week vacations we took every year; they were just upper middle class ($400k a year household). I can see $4 million on 20 days for the upper class.

Anyway. He doesn't need to be around to prevent the fiscal cliff, he doesn't make the laws, he signs them. If congress passes something, he said he will sign it. Even if he isn't there, the auto pen is.

Wait for congress to act, and then for him not to, to be upset. Until then, you are just blowing smoke.
 Quoting: A Pimp Named Slick Back 24419860

Spoken like a true spoiled Lib apologist.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14443159
United States
11/29/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
How do you know he won't actually be in the Denver bunker?
otrike
Chris12138

User ID: 24350462
United States
11/29/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

You do. But you don't get to enjoy it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

BA-ZING!

rimshot
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15292827
United States
11/29/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Obama you go ahead and take your 4 million dollar vacation and stay on it,consider the 4 million severance pay you asshole.
A Pimp Named Slick Back
United States
11/29/2012 12:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Tardzan 28018721

Sorry, I'm a conservative ( as are most sucessful black men, registered republican, voted for Gary Johnson). As are my parents (maybe my mom not so much). My mom owned a medical company, my stepdad was an electrical engineer. They probably payed more in taxes than you ever have. They also probably put more kids through college than you ever will (four of us, at least three kids who were friends of the family). I went to school, got a degree, work in R&D, bought a house, got married. Point to me where we are spolied.
mrclean

User ID: 618360
Switzerland
11/29/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
bamabox2
mrclean
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26204600
United States
11/29/2012 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I moved to an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean to get away from trouble in the end times, and YaY, guess who I gotta share it with on the "official" end of the world day.

God has a wicked sense of humor.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28304865
United States
11/29/2012 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

If Obama is so rich, why isn't that thug using his own personal money for this and all his other vacations?

As president, his salary isn't really high and he should live within his presidential salary while president. After that, the fucker can do what he wants.

OBAMA, looking after the little people!!!!!
A Pimp Named Slick Back
United States
11/29/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

If Obama is so rich, why isn't that thug using his own personal money for this and all his other vacations?

As president, his salary isn't really high and he should live within his presidential salary while president. After that, the fucker can do what he wants.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28304865

Perks of the job. When I travel for work, I'm well taken care of on the company dime. I'm sure others with good jobs can say the same.
Epic Beard Guy

User ID: 26240425
United States
11/29/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Four million is just the down payment on his vacation. He doesn't give a shit about the fiscal cliff, or anything else he is supposed to do as president. As long as he gets the money and the vacations, he's a happy little Marxist.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
13th-Century

User ID: 28715327
Canada
11/29/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry, I'm a conservative ( as are most sucessful black men, registered republican, voted for Gary Johnson). As are my parents (maybe my mom not so much). My mom owned a medical company, my stepdad was an electrical engineer. They probably payed more in taxes than you ever have. They also probably put more kids through college than you ever will (four of us, at least three kids who were friends of the family). I went to school, got a degree, work in R&D, bought a house, got married. Point to me where we are spolied.

And yet you call yourself "A Pimp"... Some people are not helped by years of education. Were you hired through 'Affirmative Action" by any chance?

Hmm... Glad the employees of the medical company were well paid. They were, weren't they? They weren't part-time workers without benefits, I suppose. Did you ever learn that before and during the Civil War, blacks owned slaves? Black entrepeneurs know how to make money, all right.

Congratulations for throwing your vote away. Stopping Obama with Gary Johnson was not going to happen, but you were just "blowing smoke", not really participating in the most important election of your lifetime.

Thanks for your comments.

rant
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1492996
United States
11/29/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not that it makes that much difference, but I believe the $4mln is "all inclusive" of all the people that have to go, not just the family.

It should include:
Staff
Handlers
AFO fuel
Pilot
Security
Payments to local gov't for police
salaries of all involved (who were getting paid anyway).

Still, I don't recall needing all that for a vacation, but I was never President...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28304865
United States
11/29/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28304865

Perks of the job. When I travel for work, I'm well taken care of on the company dime. I'm sure others with good jobs can say the same.

I don't know about you, but if the US was a business, it couldn't afford to send anyone anywhere. Go suck Obama's balls more you idiot. Libertarian my ass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1447583
United States
11/29/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone else remember that last year's "fiscal cliff" was the enormous debt? I do. This year the "fiscal cliff" has gone from being the enormous debt to the spending cuts/tax increases that might take effect.

Last year the politicians were saying "we're going to default unless we raise the debt ceiling." Stated otherwise "we can't pay our bills and need a credit extension." Too bad you can't get out of debt by going deeper in to debt.

This year, with the new "fiscal cliff," politicians are talking about how these spending cuts/tax increases will ravage the economy. To prevent going over the "fiscal cliff" it's being proposed to raise taxes on those making $250k+ a year, eliminating tax deductions, increasing capital gains taxes and reducing government spending. In total, $4 trillion is said to be slashed/generated over the next ten years. Well, we're currently running deficits of at least $1 trillion. Said differently, instead of adding $10 trillion to the national debt over the next decade, only $6 trillion will be added to the national debt over the next decade. And that assumes that interest rates don't rise, because currently, every percent the interest rate increases adds $160 billion to the deficit on the principal $16 trillion debt. Never mind the $120 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

For the fiscal year 2012, the federal government spent roughly $3.8 trillion. The federal government collected roughly $2.5 trillion in taxes. That means that in order to not have a deficit, taxes would have to be raised on every American taxpayer by 50% from the poor to the rich. In case anyone is comprehend what I'm getting at, it means we're fucked.

As you can see, any tax increase on the rich won't make a damn bit of difference toward winding down our debt and deficits. If anything, the rich will opt to shut down their businesses if taxes are raised too high and the government will collect even less revenue than they already are. The only way out is to default and start all over again. Warfare and welfare are the death of every great nation turned empire.

As far as Obama is concerned, this is par for the course. I'm sure Obama really sympathizes with the "99%" who are living pay check to pay check or in debt and can't afford to buy their children anything for the holidays. I'm sure Obama will really make those rich fat cats pay as he gladly accepted their campaign contributions, charged $30k for people to eat dinner with him and relaxes on the beach in Hawaii for three weeks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11333543
United States
11/29/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

where were you spoiled? idk the part where you said your parents put more kid through college than the other guy..yea your deff not spoiled lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11333543
United States
11/29/2012 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

where were you spoiled? idk the part where you said your parents put more kid through college than the other guy..yea your deff not spoiled lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11333543

plus the fact that he said his parents spent $20-$40k on vacation every year...dude thats spoiled
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 801546
United States
11/29/2012 12:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is the same he did when he left and that missel went off that was seen over cali. Wake up people! Why now the most important time in mankind history . The moon and that planet or starship next to it last night, what happen here on earth since then florida a hiway was washed away and ohio the ground open up and in Pa. And La. And now the president is leaving during the the tipping point. Not good! I sure hope you all got enough food and water for 6months.wtfbump
 Quoting: HumanCountDown2013 20578441

You do realize that was Jupiter, right?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21054665
United States
11/29/2012 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

And yet you call yourself "A Pimp"... Some people are not helped by years of education. Were you hired through 'Affirmative Action" by any chance?

Hmm... Glad the employees of the medical company were well paid. They were, weren't they? They weren't part-time workers without benefits, I suppose. Did you ever learn that before and during the Civil War, blacks owned slaves? Black entrepeneurs know how to make money, all right.

Congratulations for throwing your vote away. Stopping Obama with Gary Johnson was not going to happen, but you were just "blowing smoke", not really participating in the most important election of your lifetime.

rant
 Quoting: 13th-Century

The name is from a cartoon, The Boondaocks, just something silly.

The employees were payed well, phlebotomist, with highschool educations and a bit more training, made between $15 and $40 per patient (based on distance from headquaters, home care). It wasn't uncommon for some of them to make $60k a year, they were 1099 workers. The people that worked in the labs were salary with benifits, and paid according to education.

Yup, I know black people owned slaves. However, my ancestors were slaves, owned by white people. You know what is funny, their owner left all his land to my great great grandfather and his brother (I think that is the right amount of greats), instead of his son's, because they were more involved and harder working people than his children. That dedication to work (and education) has been passed down through the generations.

Nope, I was hired on merit. Plenty of black people work for this company, I'm sure the quota was already met. Plus, I've made them money, millions, have awards for it, I'm sure I've earned my keep, and will continue to do so as long as they will have me.

My vote was my vote, I voted for who I thought was the most conservative person running. The thought of a vote being wasted (as if it really matters) is the problem with voting anyways.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10863987
Canada
11/29/2012 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ha ha. Probably won't even be there. Good time to go on a vacation don't you think. Before the 21st. Good Cover.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21054665
United States
11/29/2012 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

plus the fact that he said his parents spent $20-$40k on vacation every year...dude thats spoiled

It is spoiled that my parent paid cash to put me (my bothers and sister, and some friends) through college because the could afford to? Their parents and other family members did the same for their generation, like the generation before them. If God blesses enough and I work hard enough, I will do the same for the generation after me.

Its spoiled that my parents took us on trips they could afford?

If that is spoiled, you should have seen the spoiled kids I went to school with.

I've had a job since I was twelve. If you were able, you had to have a means of income in our house hold, well at least up until my sister (the youngest), but she is a girl, had better grades, and was in more scholastic activities than the rest of us. I didn't get an allowance, I didn't have a lot of clothes (three pair of pants, and about nine shirts to wear to school), I drove hand me down cars to school, and always had to help fix things around the house and rental properties (I am thankful for that, no need to call someone to do maintinence on my own properties).

If that is spoiled, well then I guess I was.
rV~

User ID: 27776807
United States
11/29/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Presidents do. The cost is largely consumed by security.
Presidents don't take vacations like you or I would. They wrk 24/7
Your garden variety Illuminati Princess~
gasping at gangstas
User ID: 27249705
United States
11/29/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is serious doubt that Congress can get a deal done before the first of the year. That means that just about the time that tens of thousands are getting pink slips due to budget cuts, and milllions will be seeing a smaller paycheck. the president will be showing off his impressive pecs to reporters on some pristine beach owned by a rich guy who supported him.
Good to know our president cares so much about the little guy.

this is the same he did when he left and that missel went off that was seen over cali. Wake up people! Why now the most important time in mankind history . The moon and that planet or starship next to it last night, what happen here on earth since then florida a hiway was washed away and ohio the ground open up and in Pa. And La. And now the president is leaving during the the tipping point. Not good! I sure hope you all got enough food and water for 6months.wtfbump
 Quoting: HumanCountDown2013 20578441

Who fucking cares? Are you still dumb enough not to understand hes just a figure head? I mean you people fucking know this but still are up the guys ass. Fuck me. It doesnt matter if he was on Mars for a fucking month.

HE DOES NOT DECIDE ANYTHING.
 Quoting: Fatstogie

It's not about the decision making.

It's about throwing around our money while we suffer.
 Quoting: Tuko

He's a king also known as dictator. But I call him the lawless one..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28536338

That's gangsta.
 Quoting: LunaticFringe

Does somebody have a flyswatter?

:Obama Fly:

I do not even know any "rich" people who could even consider spending $4 million on a vacation.

Just love the Elitist Hypocrite in Chief.

:Miss Temper:
 Quoting: Lady Jane Smith

beelZebub???
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 1531528
11/29/2012 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: rV~

lmao

Not this one.
He hasn't worked a day in the last 4 years.

otrike
Tell me what this tastes like...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19820628
United States
11/29/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

rant

The name is from a cartoon, The Boondaocks, just something silly.

The employees were payed well, phlebotomist, with highschool educations and a bit more training, made between $15 and $40 per patient (based on distance from headquaters, home care). It wasn't uncommon for some of them to make $60k a year, they were 1099 workers. The people that worked in the labs were salary with benifits, and paid according to education.

Yup, I know black people owned slaves. However, my ancestors were slaves, owned by white people. You know what is funny, their owner left all his land to my great great grandfather and his brother (I think that is the right amount of greats), instead of his son's, because they were more involved and harder working people than his children. That dedication to work (and education) has been passed down through the generations.

Nope, I was hired on merit. Plenty of black people work for this company, I'm sure the quota was already met. Plus, I've made them money, millions, have awards for it, I'm sure I've earned my keep, and will continue to do so as long as they will have me.

My vote was my vote, I voted for who I thought was the most conservative person running. The thought of a vote being wasted (as if it really matters) is the problem with voting anyways.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21054665

If you were really a Conservative you would be angry with Obama. Not making excuses for him.
notgonna

User ID: 17476059
United States
11/29/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Personally I don't think you should get a "vacation" when you're the President and DEFINITELY not on the taxpayer's dime.  

As president, you have 8 years max to put into this thing.  That's not a lot of time - why would you want to squander any of it?  There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy yourself and relax along the way or at other times in your life.  It is called service to our country.... 

Very limited personal sacrifice of 4-8 years for the good of our country. If you or your family don't agree to it, you shouldn't have signed on...  

BTW, I also believe no one with kids under 18 has any business being President for the same reason.  How can someone who puts personal ambition above the best interests of their kids be good for the country.  That covers BOTH parties...

Not caring much for Obama and his plans though, 4 mill is a small price to pay to take him out of the game for 3 weeks....

Last Edited by julesvm on 11/29/2012 01:14 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19820628
United States
11/29/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: rV~

lmao

Not this one.
He hasn't worked a day in the last 4 years.

otrike
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

This!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17420495
Puerto Rico
11/29/2012 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bush was in Crawford Tx MORE DAYS than at the White House, thats a fact. Bush went on vacation 47 days after 911!! Your an idiot

GLP