Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,384 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 616,369
Pageviews Today: 1,041,905Threads Today: 348Posts Today: 6,537
11:59 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

BREAKING NEWS - SYRIA HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE INTERNET!!! SOMETHING ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!

Tim16214

User ID: 9388423
United States
11/29/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: BREAKING NEWS - SYRIA HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE INTERNET!!! SOMETHING ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!
Something is about to happen in syria guys!!! I have been giving you all a heads up on this for the last few days! Get ready!

[link to cybertribenetwork.blogspot.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16063329

Nothing is going to happen. Bashar is just pissed because the rebels showed his planes and helicopters getting shot down.
MarkinAZ

User ID: 20006444
United States
11/29/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: BREAKING NEWS - SYRIA HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE INTERNET!!! SOMETHING ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!
In spite of Syria having "pulled the plug" on the global internet connections into and out of their country this afternoon, there are still small armies of consultants, journalists, oil company workers, and expats who are living there working for some company or another. Almost all of these people have been equipped with SAT PHONES from various Vendors.

I have a friend at IMARSAT in London who I spoke with this evening his time. IMARSAT has become the leading Sat Phone and SAT/IP provider in the world. My friend said that today, IMARSAT was running a record day in transmissions from Syria and surrounding areas. While the bandwidth per connection is limited to a max of about 512kb/s (and that's with hardware compression enabled) that is still a half a meg per second and to up load a large video clip is not beyond reason in terms of time it requires.

My friend at IMARSAT told me that several of their customers are offering service to locals at a price of like $30/min. (Their cost for the service can run from $1.95 to $5.00 per minute depending on speed selected and time of day/night the call is placed.) But if all the guy wants to do is send a couple of photos and an email with the same info copied to twenty different people - one or two minutes online should be sufficient for that task. Of course if the Syrian Government were to catch someone doing such a thing - their equipment would be confiscated and they may well be shot or imprisoned. (Given what I've heard about Syrian prisons, being shot might be preferable. At least it's a quick death vs a years long one!)

The newest generation of SAT Phones offer combined voice and data streaming over IP with the ability to tunnel security into a private network anywhere on the planet running VPN and encryption on both ends. The speeds are selectable depending on the need and the application (and what you're willing to pay per minute of air time!) The SAT Coverage is almost global today. The only exceptions are some parts of Antarctica and parts of the Artic nearest the magnetic north pole. Almost anywhere else on the globe that you can see the sky, you will have coverage.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28652808
United States
11/29/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The U.N. needs to address international migration next.. Palestine, Lebanon and Syria.

[link to www.worldcrunch.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1025215
United States
11/29/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
getting ready to use chemical weapons,dont want it being reported.hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
somethings going down,

any good damascus webcams
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6420281

lmao

If the internet is cut off, how are they going to transmit the webcam feeds???

: )
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

SATELLITE!
 Quoting: XSlyOneX

It was my impression that civilian satellite based internet connections were not very reliable for transmitting lots of data... Would that be sufficient for transmitting live video feeds?
taniatarn

User ID: 28495578
New Zealand
11/29/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Message from hackers on Syrian Embasssy site...

The Cartoon Syrian Army website has been hacked in response to the cyber bullying they're practicing supported by the governmental Syrian Computer Society and in the light of this defacement I'd like to address the world with few words
To our heros in the Free Syrian Army.. our hearts and souls are with you those of whom sacrificed their blood and lives for us, may Allah reward you all the good and I find no words enough to address you may Allah protect and be with you
To Bashar 'the duck' who lacks legitimacy and sanity do you see fathers crying their children? soon you will be in their shoes if Allah's will
To Asmaa, crazy president's wife. Do you see women crying their husbands? soon you will be in their shoes if Allah's will
To the islamic and arabic conscience and specially Muslims kings and presidents, our profit (pbuh) says « What of the man who let down Amroua Muslim in the home violates the sanctity, and detract it from display, but let down by God in the home like a triumph, and from a person supports Amroua Muslim in home detract it from display and violate its sanctity, but God be with him in the home loves itHis victory» so those who let us down expect Allah's humilation if you don't support us
To United States and Europian countries, you claim that you protect the world, help the oppressed and claim democracy. But our revolution exposed your real faces and showed humanity that you are advocates of your own interests and that you don't have a humanitarian principle in what you claim, you only raise those banners to occupy nations, inslave their people and steal their treasures just like you did in Iraq and Afghanistan and other places, and maybe soon in Mali
To the neutrals in Syria: most of the Syrian neutrals are non-Mulims like our christian brothers and druze brothers and others from other communities, my message to them, Aren't we brothers? Aren't we fighting for our joint dignity and to make a better Syria for tomorrow and the most beautiful country in the world? Aren't you suffering oppression just like us? or your saying to your selves that if those win then we'll get our freedom without sweating for it? I ask not to share the revolution gain with any party that didn't come to its aid and stood aside, otherwise join the freedom and dignity's revolution
To the Alawite community: to the grandsons of Saleh Al-Ali, Bashar is abusing you, killing you and us just to save his precious occupied place, did Bashar claimed you kings in Syria? Are you living a better lives than us? The answer is clear, maybe you live worse than millions of Syrians, you are our brothers (except for the thugs and murderers among you) please abandon the regime now and join the revolution before it's too late and believe me if you don't join the revolution you will lose alot because you have crossed all the humanitarian and religious red lines against the Syrian people - Syrian Anonymous

[link to www.syrianembassy.be]

Last Edited by taniatarn on 11/29/2012 06:19 PM
Interested observer of all things interesting!

Please note : Where appropriate for posted images/ graphs I acknowledge the New Zealand GeoNet project and its sponsors EQC, GNS Science and LINZ, for providing data/images used in my study and analyses of Volcanic and Earthquake information in New Zealand.
XSlyOneX

User ID: 1446631
United States
11/29/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
somethings going down,

any good damascus webcams
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6420281

lmao

If the internet is cut off, how are they going to transmit the webcam feeds???

: )

SATELLITE!
 Quoting: XSlyOneX

It was my impression that civilian satellite based internet connections were not very reliable for transmitting lots of data... Would that be sufficient for transmitting live video feeds?

Satellite in this day N age is more than comparable for NON-HD streaming.
Ron Paul or Bust
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28694200
Mexico
11/29/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
One video got through, this is from today.
Very NSFW, very graphic

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21545570

oh my god i had to shut it off at the 2 min mark when i saw the injured child
 Quoting: Anubis

Injured? half his head was blown off... but yeah he was still alive..

Should have been a warning on that graphic shit. I all ready know what war does,,,,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24193602
United States
11/29/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
god bless assad. with allahs help he will smite the sunni scum
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26223460
Australia
11/29/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

Should have been a warning on that graphic shit. I all ready know what war does,,,,
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28694200

Very NSFW, very graphic doesn't give you a hint?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13709116
United States
11/29/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

Did you not see the word "graphic" in the first post on this? It's the fourth word of the second line.

"Very NSFW, very graphic"

DUH!!!
StormeyGoddess

User ID: 22004193
United States
11/29/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

OMG, had to quit watching...Those poor, poor people. Rips my heart out!
"Don't look back, you're not going that way."

"As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
Primus-Cura

User ID: 12384576
United States
11/29/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
His last base in northwestern Syria has fallen. Fighting in Damascus, even at its airports. Now comes very close to Assad.
Many have fled to Turkey genaraals relatives were killed. Assad is under too much pressure
Now he Syria from the Internet closed. Made invisible for abroad.
What will happen now. He is not doing this for nothing.
There is something to happen in Syria.

PS; NATO is not ready for any action at this time.
Anonymous Coward
Mexico
11/29/2012 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Message from hackers on Syrian Embasssy site...
 Quoting: taniatarn

Wow! Cyber Psy op for all to see. Of course if you really want to know what these Salafists (and their enablers) have in mind... (translated)

Aleppo (parts of), declared .. an Islamic Emirate, The heretics - Sunnis, Sufis and Chiites, including the Druzes, Alaouites and Ismaelites - and the ’infidels’ (Christians) have been expelled and their possessions confiscated.

fatwas have been delivered by the greatest Sheikhs of our nation – their holinesses Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz [2], Abdul-Azeez ibn Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaikh [3], Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen [4], Abdullah Ibn Jibreen [5], Saleh al Fawzan [6], Bakr abu Zayd [7],

[2] ex-Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.
[3] is the present Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.
[4] (1925-2001) was one of the principal Salafist masters of Saudi Arabia.
[5] (1933-2009), a Saudi master.
[6] is the ex-President of the Supreme Court of Justice of Saudi Arabia.
[7] is the ex-General Procurator of Saudi Arabia.

the "revolutionary" authorities have just created a Committee to Command Good and Prohibit Impious Acts and on the 22nd November, they published their first legislative act,

and have decreed that women are now forbidden to drive. Any person who disobeys this order will be punished until they renounce the practice, if necessary, by the use of force. The Committee to Command Good and Prohibit Impious Acts is charged with the application of the present act.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28652808
United States
11/29/2012 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Internet will live on no matter what!
Anonymous Coward
Mexico
11/29/2012 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

Did you not see the word "graphic" in the first post on this? It's the fourth word of the second line.

"Very NSFW, very graphic"

DUH!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13709116

My bad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25319988
United States
11/29/2012 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

Quoting: StormeyGoddess

May perpetrators of war be tortured for eternity for these transgressions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14826906
United States
11/29/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

Blame America/ NATO this is all because of them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14826906
United States
11/29/2012 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very NSFW, very graphic

May perpetrators of war be tortured for eternity for these transgressions.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25319988

You mean the US Government.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27397574
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
nothing will happen ok5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6814653
Australia
11/29/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing from Russia or China for a long time. Could be a good sign - Assad winning and situation stabilising. Could be very bad - so serious all communication is back-channelled. God bless Assad.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 1531528
11/29/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
unplugged
 Quoting: Monk Meat

lmao
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

cruise
Tell me what this tastes like...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16416118
United States
11/29/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am network engineer and confirm that at the time this was reported most telecom connections into country were lost since most companies are VoIP. Only companies who are TDM still have a interconnect, but that's less than 10% of the country's communications. I wonder if their president is crazy enough to nuke his own people.
Anonymous Coward
Mexico
11/29/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if their president is crazy enough to nuke his own people.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16416118

Nuke? Your area of expertise ends with your above statement -- they dont have nukes! But tell me, who do you think benefits from a black out of 90% of the internet (I also read land lines are out too)? Hint: the ones who do have nukes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1457378
United States
11/29/2012 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
perhaps they are just on a web nowhidinghiding
Ollo

User ID: 28729752
United States
11/29/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
unplugged
 Quoting: Monk Meat

lmao
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

cruise
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

Epic! Love it tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27572861
Canada
11/29/2012 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
From the comments section on the live stream site:
The Syrian Embassy of Belgium website has been hacked! Read their message!!! EXCELLENT #Syria
 Quoting: anonymous 1535572

serious situation, big thanks to all contributing info to this thread!

And this hack is great... wasn't expecting the music. Go internet!

resist
Anonymous Coward
Mexico
11/29/2012 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Syrian Embassy of Belgium website has been hacked! Read their message!!! EXCELLENT #Syria

resist
 Quoting: Parabola

The Pentagon hacked this, a sophisticated message (in english and arabic) to scare the shit out of the population. The fanatical primitives they are supporting are pushing a very weird Salafist cult submissive to the Saudis; will have no mercy.

"This hack is great" NOT.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27572861
Canada
11/29/2012 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

resist

The Pentagon hacked this, a sophisticated message (in english and arabic) to scare the shit out of the population. The fanatical primitives they are supporting are pushing a very weird Salafist cult submissive to the Saudis; will have no mercy.

sorry if it was posted here already and I missed it, but source?
Anonymous Coward
Mexico
11/29/2012 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

resist

sorry if it was posted here already and I missed it, but source?

well, that would take a lot of time to source all my readings to show you why I think this is true...

Which part do you want sourced? The Pentagon's ability to hack? Their cyber war budget? Their collaboration with the insurgents? The tone of the words being threatening yet allowing surrender? The funneling of mercenaries and arms into Syria? Their Salafist beliefs? Proof of what they do once they are in power?

GLP