Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,188 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 774,528
Pageviews Today: 1,360,918Threads Today: 444Posts Today: 9,309
01:37 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Having lunch in Texas is very interesting these days...

XSlyOneX  (OP)

User ID: 1446631
United States
11/29/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Having lunch in Texas is very interesting these days...
Don't mexas with texas
 Quoting: Leslie Zevo

when mexico annexes texas from the secession the drug cartels will protect them from the fed govt. going to be one hell of a ride.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13194034

Don't kid yourself, Texas could annex Mexico if it wanted to. But who wants Mexico?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28705940

Ha ha, ha ha ha ha. With what Army? After a secession, Texas would be left near defenseless with only a militia to protect it. Granted, more people round here have guns than in other parts of the US, but still, it couldn't prevent Mexico from taking back their land if they wanted to do so.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27945138

Texas has a Army Dolt!!!
[link to www.txmf.us]
They would come with us if we seceded
Ron Paul or Bust
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8668963
United States
Report Abusive Post
It was the kenyan marxist what done it.
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
Report Abusive Post

Bottom line is this..This is being discussed over every table in the USA..Both sides..
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

See that's what I was wondering!!! Hence why I made this post!

So does anyone else concur with my theory that they are doing this on purpose? Idk I just can't believe that this is some kind of plan to better the country at all... It just doesn't make sense...

What does make sense though for whatever reason is that they want us to riot... Maybe they want an excuse to shoot us to incite THE FEAR CONTROL factor...
 Quoting: XSlyOneX

It seems that all sides are unhappy with the current flow of our country. Change is a normal factor in our history, But I see your point as to how prevalent it is.

Everyone here is asking for a TRUE DEMOCRACY. Not a system that needs a congress/house/senate to vote on decision but a state democracy voted on by the people of THE STATE for decisions. Different places different styles different needs. They say the Feds need to step away and give people back the power they were supposed to have at the start of this country. The technology for this exists today. We are all so networked now that it would be so easy to convert to this style.

Let the people decide whats best and if we go down then we know who's fault it is.

So you want 51% to vote away the rights of 49%? People are stupid and a democracy doesn't protect against mob rule.
XSlyOneX  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post
Where can I find groups of people like that. In my neck of the woods I feel like the only fish in the lake. I am an outcast with my views.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1219974

Move to the Golden Triangle.

[link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]

Or move to the Alaskan Wilderness.

Or move out of the country.

Those are really your only viable choices.

or.... Texas? Lmao... Your a funny one my friend

I have actually been looking for some open job positions in TX. I will be free from all my obligations in a few months so I am free to do what ever I want. Been liking what I see coming out of TX and AZ lately.

Texas has plenty of jobs come on over!!!
Ron Paul or Bust
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6750590
United States
11/29/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is talking about how they can't stand what our government has become."

This perfectly describes the same situation in California. I overhear these conversations all the time at the bar in the restaurant I work in.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28705940
Turkey
11/29/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where can I find groups of people like that. In my neck of the woods I feel like the only fish in the lake. I am an outcast with my views.

Although I'd like to have hope that Texas could return to it's original values, realistically I'm not as optimistic about that as others on this thread.

My support of Texas here is really just academic.

It is theoretically possible Texas could become a great nation. In the meantime, I won't hold my breath. Austin the capital is a cesspool stronghold of Marxists, and the SW has been overrun by illegal aliens.
XSlyOneX  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

See that's what I was wondering!!! Hence why I made this post!

So does anyone else concur with my theory that they are doing this on purpose? Idk I just can't believe that this is some kind of plan to better the country at all... It just doesn't make sense...

What does make sense though for whatever reason is that they want us to riot... Maybe they want an excuse to shoot us to incite THE FEAR CONTROL factor...

It seems that all sides are unhappy with the current flow of our country. Change is a normal factor in our history, But I see your point as to how prevalent it is.

Everyone here is asking for a TRUE DEMOCRACY. Not a system that needs a congress/house/senate to vote on decision but a state democracy voted on by the people of THE STATE for decisions. Different places different styles different needs. They say the Feds need to step away and give people back the power they were supposed to have at the start of this country. The technology for this exists today. We are all so networked now that it would be so easy to convert to this style.

Let the people decide whats best and if we go down then we know who's fault it is.

So you want 51% to vote away the rights of 49%? People are stupid and a democracy doesn't protect against mob rule.
 Quoting: s. d. butler

MOB Rule is just a negative title designed to push people away from it.

Theres really only 3 ways to handle decision of a large group of humans.

Dictatorship- Which branches into many other forms of government but the general idea is the same.

True Democracy- You can call this MOB Rule or w/e but the point is the majority decision is king.

Current Democracy. A System designed to give people the illusion of power. When in reality the media and Feds generally control the outcome even if they don't rig the votes.
Ron Paul or Bust
s. d. butler

United States
11/29/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13199824

Bingo!!!
 Quoting: Desert Fox

spoken by the biggest perverter of the constitution EVER!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1503139

Really?

Hard to say if lincoln was the worst. Wilson and both roosevelts are in the mix.

[link to lewrockwell.com]

One of the distinctive features of my book, The Real Lincoln, is that unlike almost all other books on the subject, I portray the sixteenth president as a real-life, flesh-and-blood politician. I quoted Murray Rothbard, who described Lincoln as a "master politician" which, to Rothbard, meant that he was a masterful liar, conniver, and manipulator. I also quoted the Pulitzer prize-winning Lincoln biographer, David Donald, as saying that Lincoln was "the master string puller" of Illinois politics before he ran for president. He was just as motivated by a compulsive quest for money and power as any other successful politician, I wrote.

This drew an avalanche of condemnation and calumny from the Lincoln cult, especially the "Straussian" neocons, who never seem to be able to stop raising money to erect more statues of Lincoln on college campuses and elsewhere. Even if Lincoln was a wily politician, they condescendingly pontificated, one must first be a politician before become a "statesman."

Last Edited by s. d. butler on 11/29/2012 03:27 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28729443
Netherlands
11/29/2012 03:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh look greensuits
IssueX

User ID: 14348632
United States
11/29/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I luv you guys in Texas, keep fighting the good fight
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27229787

hf

...dinner has been pretty interesting in Texas as well lately

and that is all I'm gonna say about that

ty OP
XSlyOneX  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I luv you guys in Texas, keep fighting the good fight
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27229787

hf

...dinner has been pretty interesting in Texas as well lately

and that is all I'm gonna say about that

ty OP
 Quoting: IssueX

Indeed sir

hf
Ron Paul or Bust
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
Report Abusive Post

Will look into those options. However, I am not leaving the country, this my fucking country.

I wonder if any Germans of Jewish descent said that in 1933?
Desert Fox

User ID: 8786935
United States
Report Abusive Post

Bingo!!!

spoken by the biggest perverter of the constitution EVER!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1503139

Really?

Hard to say if lincoln was the worst. Wilson and both roosevelts are in the mix.

[link to lewrockwell.com]

One of the distinctive features of my book, The Real Lincoln, is that unlike almost all other books on the subject, I portray the sixteenth president as a real-life, flesh-and-blood politician. I quoted Murray Rothbard, who described Lincoln as a "master politician" which, to Rothbard, meant that he was a masterful liar, conniver, and manipulator. I also quoted the Pulitzer prize-winning Lincoln biographer, David Donald, as saying that Lincoln was "the master string puller" of Illinois politics before he ran for president. He was just as motivated by a compulsive quest for money and power as any other successful politician, I wrote.

This drew an avalanche of condemnation and calumny from the Lincoln cult, especially the "Straussian" neocons, who never seem to be able to stop raising money to erect more statues of Lincoln on college campuses and elsewhere. Even if Lincoln was a wily politician, they condescendingly pontificated, one must first be a politician before become a "statesman."

Indeed sir.
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219974
United States
Report Abusive Post

I have actually been looking for some open job positions in TX. I will be free from all my obligations in a few months so I am free to do what ever I want. Been liking what I see coming out of TX and AZ lately.

I could be there in a few months. I will bring my stash of weapons to add to the Texas collection as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28729443
Netherlands
Report Abusive Post
Who was your tailor
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22466248
United States
Report Abusive Post
Don't mexas with texas

I honestly hope it's more than just Texas... We will not win without others joining the cause of upholding our Constitution!

know this,when the hammer does fall..it won't be just a quick gov op or rebel against gov type of thing.the cess pool filth that has been allowed to fester in this country will be etch a sketched like no other time in history....bank on it!!!!.
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
11/29/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't mexas with texas

when mexico annexes texas from the secession the drug cartels will protect them from the fed govt. going to be one hell of a ride.

Don't kid yourself, Texas could annex Mexico if it wanted to. But who wants Mexico?

Rather have Mexico than New York or California.
 Quoting: Renegade (Me too)

That's so sad it's funny!
s. d. butler

United States
Report Abusive Post

Dictatorship- Which branches into many other forms of government but the general idea is the same.

True Democracy- You can call this MOB Rule or w/e but the point is the majority decision is king.

Current Democracy. A System designed to give people the illusion of power. When in reality the media and Feds generally control the outcome even if they don't rig the votes.

Only a fairly public school graduate could come up with this answer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28216119
United States
Report Abusive Post
Video Reference for today's overheard conversation during my lunch.

I love going out to eat here in Texas. We have a ridiculously high selection of restaurants to choose from so I have the luxury of most time being able to eat at a place I've never eaten before.

That being said I must say the chatter I've picked up through the last month or so have been in one word... INSANE!

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is talking about how they can't stand what our government has become. Yes Obama is a big part of it but it's more than that now. They say it's the entire system practically!

Today I overheard a big group of people talking about the newly signed UN treaty banning guns. They were talking about what they would do if someone ever came to take theirs away and it wasn't pretty...

I just want to say this now... NO one is going to accept that here...

This leads me to wonder... Is this planned?... I can't imagine our government wouldn't know the reaction of the people if they were to try and do a gun ban...

This makes me curious that what if they are trying on purpose to piss the country off into a violent confrontation? I honestly don't know what the benefit of that would be but they can't surely be so stupid to think that half the country would rather die than lose their defensive tools?

I don't really know a solution to either side but I'm telling this chatter is not just small talk. These people are dead serious about this and everyone is getting grouped up on the same idea. I heard many heres heres in response to this groups conversation. Remember I usually go to a new restaurant everytime so it's not the same people I'm hearing this from it seems to be everyone around here.

Has anyone else heard from the general population talk like this?

Is it planned? yes.
By our Government, maybe, certainly by certain elements of it.
The reason is probably 2 fold:
America leads the world: economically, politically and militarily.
Take us out and there is nothing to stop anyone, (Korea, Iran, etc) from doing anything or attacking anyone.

America is a symbol of Freedom, show how this freedom leads to Anarchy and War and you can get people to accept something else,(Islam, Communism, etc), instead.

The end result is a "need" for Global Governance,(UN style).
XSlyOneX  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Only a fairly public school graduate could come up with this answer.

I apologize if it was to layman for you... but please feel welcome to elaborate on your opinion. What would you say is the problem with mob rule? Feel free to use your PHD brain to elaborate I promise it won't give me a headache.
Ron Paul or Bust
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
11/29/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't mexas with texas

Ha ha, ha ha ha ha. With what Army? After a secession, Texas would be left near defenseless with only a militia to protect it. Granted, more people round here have guns than in other parts of the US, but still, it couldn't prevent Mexico from taking back their land if they wanted to do so.

The hypothetical idea is that Texas would retain all the US military assets it now has in place, to include megatonnage daisycutters.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

the trouble with true democracy is when the leaders put in place propaganda machines and then import cess pool filth to decay the good moral standing of the people.it only takes a few generations to complete it..pre mlk and post mlk america...it's not hard to understand what im saying here....look at america today....like it much?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27913656
United States
11/29/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
In central California: openly heard on the radio this sort of discussion.

At one point the host said, " Well there's no way I'm going for that. The answer is one in the head and one in the groin.". The caller replied , "OK. So they shoot you and move on to the next house." Open discussion followed about setting up notification on the Internet and forming responsive militia.

Heavy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27515407
United States
11/29/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
43% of our population voted for Obama so I really wish you people would just stop painting Texas with such a broad stroke, 25 million people with diverse ideas and interest, we don't fit into your fucking pigeon hole so just shut up about my state already.
MrNiceGuy
User ID: 18131262
United States
Report Abusive Post
Can't we all just hug each other and get along ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219974
United States
Report Abusive Post

The hypothetical idea is that Texas would retain all the US military assets it now has in place, to include megatonnage daisycutters.

Absolutely, whatever "federal" land would be null and void and would default back to Texas ownership. If people do not like that then oh well, possession is 9/10ths of the law, come and take, if you can.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28216119
United States
11/29/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

I could be there in a few months. I will bring my stash of weapons to add to the Texas collection as well.

Texas gun laws are not as friendly as Arizona's, so you might want to double check that, before you end up in jail and lose the right to have a gun!
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
11/29/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

But really, have you seen Mexico's military statistics?

Active Military: 259,770
Active Reserve: 300,000
Total Land Weapons: 4,286
Tanks: 0
Total Aircraft: 431
Helicopters: 163
Total Navy Ships: 189
Nukes: 0

[link to www.globalfirepower.com]

Mexico's military is a joke, really.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
43% of our population voted for Obama so I really wish you people would just stop painting Texas with such a broad stroke, 25 million people with diverse ideas and interest, we don't fit into your fucking pigeon hole so just shut up about my state already.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27515407

wrong,25 mil people that have been conditioned to think a certain way so when they prop up the vision they have planted in your brain you see a green light instead of a red one...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22411639
United States
11/29/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
No one is going to try to TAKE your guns. They may restrict new manufacturing or sales, but no one is going to go door to door to get your guns.

And why would they? Do you really think the federal gov't is afraid of its citizens with firearms?

Think again.

What could all those Texans do with their guns against the gov't? Oh, that's right--die. But the gov't isn't going to go after guns if they want to oppress people. They'll simply shut off the water, the electricity, put some drones over your property and wait you out.

Or just send in tanks to crush you.

Texans are so full of self importance. We're Texans!! Everybody LOOK!!! We have guns and we gonna fight the federal gubmin!

No. Get real. Perhaps in 1789 people armed with muskets could fight off other people with muskets, but in 2012 AR-15s won't stand a chance against F-16s, Predator Drones, and M1 Abrams tanks.

The only way gov't tyranny will be fought is by patriots on the inside and computer hackers and massive peaceful nonviolent resistance.

Forget about the guns, except maybe to fend off mutant mauraders.

GLP