Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,969 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 38,754
Pageviews Today: 72,389Threads Today: 33Posts Today: 502
12:39 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Having lunch in Texas is very interesting these days...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14648809
United States
11/29/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Having lunch in Texas is very interesting these days...
Video Reference for today's overheard conversation during my lunch.

EDIT: A Video a commenter on here showed me. Seemed very on the spot.

I love going out to eat here in Texas. We have a ridiculously high selection of restaurants to choose from so I have the luxury of most time being able to eat at a place I've never eaten before.

That being said I must say the chatter I've picked up through the last month or so have been in one word... INSANE!

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is talking about how they can't stand what our government has become. Yes Obama is a big part of it but it's more than that now. They say it's the entire system practically!

Today I overheard a big group of people talking about the newly signed UN treaty banning guns. They were talking about what they would do if someone ever came to take theirs away and it wasn't pretty...

I just want to say this now... NO one is going to accept that here...

This leads me to wonder... Is this planned?... I can't imagine our government wouldn't know the reaction of the people if they were to try and do a gun ban...

This makes me curious that what if they are trying on purpose to piss the country off into a violent confrontation? I honestly don't know what the benefit of that would be but they can't surely be so stupid to think that half the country would rather die than lose their defensive tools?

I don't really know a solution to either side but I'm telling this chatter is not just small talk. These people are dead serious about this and everyone is getting grouped up on the same idea. I heard many heres heres in response to this groups conversation. Remember I usually go to a new restaurant everytime so it's not the same people I'm hearing this from it seems to be everyone around here.

Has anyone else heard from the general population talk like this?
 Quoting: XSlyOneX

Must just be places like texas. In california, all you'll hear is deballed men squirm in fear around their manly women in their company.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11013029
United States
11/29/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Everyone here is asking for a TRUE DEMOCRACY. Not a system that needs a congress/house/senate to vote on decision but a state democracy voted on by the people of THE STATE for decisions. Different places different styles different needs. They say the Feds need to step away and give people back the power they were supposed to have at the start of this country. The technology for this exists today. We are all so networked now that it would be so easy to convert to this style.

Let the people decide whats best and if we go down then we know who's fault it is.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 1531528
11/29/2012 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
43% of our population voted for Obama so I really wish you people would just stop painting Texas with such a broad stroke, 25 million people with diverse ideas and interest, we don't fit into your fucking pigeon hole so just shut up about my state already.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27515407

Shut up, libtard.
Those 43% are a combination of imported Yankees, retarded minorities, and guilty city libtard whites. They aren't real Texans.
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

I'm from Texas. I'd say a lot of them are also not even American citizens.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

There is that.
Tell me what this tastes like...
Carshy McCarsh

11/29/2012 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, everything about the United States was and is supposed to be entirely voluntary. For example, that's why there were no income taxes. States could secede peacefully at any time. And you were supposed to actually be allowed to OWN property. That's why there were no property taxes.

It has all been usurped by criminals now. The Republic is dead.

Correct.

yes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1531425
United States
11/29/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
If u hand over your guns there is no way in hell your going to survive the collapse.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27515407
United States
11/29/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
43% of our population voted for Obama so I really wish you people would just stop painting Texas with such a broad stroke, 25 million people with diverse ideas and interest, we don't fit into your fucking pigeon hole so just shut up about my state already.

Shut up, libtard.
Those 43% are a combination of imported Yankees, retarded minorities, and guilty city libtard whites. They aren't real Texans.

There is that.

this is still the state of Sam Rayburn , Jim Wright, Ann Richards, Lloyd Bentsen and some dude name Lyndon Baines Johnson, I guess it were them there imported Yankees who put those folks in power to huh? derrrr..when I was a kid this was a firm democratic state so you little closet fag Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity fan boys can suck my "libtard" dick, I don't take shit from you little redneck punks, never have, never will, that just ain't the way I was raised by my parents who cried the day JFK died while you fascist fucks would have been celebrating.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10885887
France
11/29/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
If u hand over your guns there is no way in hell your going to survive the collapse.....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1531425

don't die for nothing. what you going to do when 15 trained guys in battle gear show up at your front door demanding your weapons? what about the children? want them to get the randy weaver or waco treatment? better to live to fight another day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15600364
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 07:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, everything about the United States was and is supposed to be entirely voluntary. For example, that's why there were no income taxes. States could secede peacefully at any time. And you were supposed to actually be allowed to OWN property. That's why there were no property taxes.

It has all been usurped by criminals now. The Republic is dead.

Correct.

:yes:

that's a no shitter. work all your live to pay off your home only to have it taken from you at gunpoint in a bad economy. it's immoral.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1059373
United States
11/29/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in Texas. The girl who cut my hair today...her and I had a discussion about all that is going on. Everything from GMO foods, fluoride in the water, big pharma....

people are pissed.

even the ladies that cut hair are pissed.

hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28723561
United States
11/29/2012 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

More people have guns in Texas that what shows up their registry
Stoned Prophet

User ID: 28688606
Thailand
11/29/2012 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like Obama gave me 1 Star... Go away!

Must be a COMMIE out there..
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

Bottom line is this..This is being discussed over every table in the USA..Both sides..
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

See that's what I was wondering!!! Hence why I made this post!

So does anyone else concur with my theory that they are doing this on purpose? Idk I just can't believe that this is some kind of plan to better the country at all... It just doesn't make sense...

What does make sense though for whatever reason is that they want us to riot... Maybe they want an excuse to shoot us to incite THE FEAR CONTROL factor...

A kingdom divided shall not stand.

The USA has been judged and now it is being divided and torn apart to weaken it and prepare it for destruction in the fall of 2015. This will fulfill the 4th seal of Revelation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/29/2012 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Shut up, libtard.

There is that.

this is still the state of Sam Rayburn , Jim Wright, Ann Richards, Lloyd Bentsen and some dude name Lyndon Baines Johnson, I guess it were them there imported Yankees who put those folks in power to huh? derrrr..when I was a kid this was a firm democratic state so you little closet fag Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity fan boys can suck my "libtard" dick, I don't take shit from you little redneck punks, never have, never will, that just ain't the way I was raised by my parents who cried the day JFK died while you fascist fucks would have been celebrating.

Look up liberal fascism. That's you. You're not that bright as you think you are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5248308
United States
11/29/2012 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
yup.. FL as well...

the commies are pushing for their demise.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28544505

When ya'll secede, let me know... I'll be your Johnny Reb.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5248308
United States
11/29/2012 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

I see you were raised in Dallas, you shit stain on Texas.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27590487
United States
11/29/2012 08:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

I love going out to eat here in Texas. We have a ridiculously high selection of restaurants to choose from so I have the luxury of most time being able to eat at a place I've never eaten before.

That being said I must say the chatter I've picked up through the last month or so have been in one word... INSANE!

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is talking about how they can't stand what our government has become. Yes Obama is a big part of it but it's more than that now. They say it's the entire system practically!

Today I overheard a big group of people talking about the newly signed UN treaty banning guns. They were talking about what they would do if someone ever came to take theirs away and it wasn't pretty...

This leads me to wonder... Is this planned?... I can't imagine our government wouldn't know the reaction of the people if they were to try and do a gun ban...

This makes me curious that what if they are trying on purpose to piss the country off into a violent confrontation? I honestly don't know what the benefit of that would be but they can't surely be so stupid to think that half the country would rather die than lose their defensive tools?

I don't really know a solution to either side but I'm telling this chatter is not just small talk. These people are dead serious about this and everyone is getting grouped up on the same idea. I heard many heres heres in response to this groups conversation. Remember I usually go to a new restaurant everytime so it's not the same people I'm hearing this from it seems to be everyone around here.

seriously, nobody cares about Texas but Texas
let them secede

people are paranoid and intolerant
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25221044
United States
11/29/2012 08:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I work at the Police dept in KY. I can tell you this, they won't take them without a fight. I don't know a single soul including myself that don't have stockpiles hidden thruoghout the city. I am part of the local NRA and the members are dead serious about anything that involves banning of arms. So if you come to KY UN prepare for a fight.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25221044
United States
11/29/2012 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

let them secede

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27590487

Texas will be the new Capitol of the newly formed United States of America. I wil stand by my brothers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17238890
United States
11/29/2012 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
So any others States having chatter like this? I would expect it from the South but anyone from Northern States that have noticed this topic brought up constantly?

Up here in the Mitten I haven't heard anything quite so blunt or obvious as what's been talked about thus far in this thread, however I hear milder things along the same line almost daily.
The other day at Meijer I saw an elderly couple with two shopping carts filled ALL the way up with canned foods, discussing how long it would last, where they would keep it all, whether they should continue getting more while they can, etc.
I also live in a somewhat wealthy, suburban area, so I'm sure talk is much more subdued here. If I went to some hole-in-the-wall bars or restaurants about 30 miles in any direction from here, I'm sure I would find the conversation a bit more..."aggressive"...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28614102
United States
11/29/2012 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Shut up, libtard.

There is that.

Wear your Ofucker shirt on the street so I know who to bitch slap!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20063594
United States
11/29/2012 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
TEXAS BORN TEXAS RAISED
TEXAS FOREVER UNTILL I DIE
Hellena Handbasket

User ID: 1439176
United States
11/29/2012 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

don't die for nothing. what you going to do when 15 trained guys in battle gear show up at your front door demanding your weapons? what about the children? want them to get the randy weaver or waco treatment? better to live to fight another day.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10885887

You think its better to live?
In a nazi-like America?

I'd rather take a bullet than live like a scared bunny rabbit.

I'm old enough to remember when most people would die for their country because it was worth dying for.

Lets just say that I'd take that bullit for Jesus.
He's REALLY worth dying for.

The U.S.A? TODAY???
Worth dying for?
Anybody?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16715550
United States
11/29/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live just east of Rockwall Tx. I decided to check in with the local gun store and see how the steel targets worked out for them.(I built a target tree for them a few months back) There were about 20 people in the store and this was about 11:00 AM Monday morning. I talked with the owners son and he said they were selling guns as fast as they were getting them in.
last one
I just don't give a fuck

User ID: 28412200
United States
11/29/2012 08:39 PM

Report Abusive Post
We have formed teams of 5 men fire squads and started buying supplies since 04'.

This will not end well for the "powers that were".
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18346365

scared
If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.---Grandpa

Rednecks, hillbillies, and cowboys will save the nation---me

I dreamed I was drinkin', woke up and I was

"we put our faith in maniacs"- Lemmy Kilmister
Carshy McCarsh

11/29/2012 08:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in Texas. The girl who cut my hair today...her and I had a discussion about all that is going on. Everything from GMO foods, fluoride in the water, big pharma....

people are pissed.

even the ladies that cut hair are pissed.

hiding
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1059373

You're damned fucking right we're pissed.

1 thing.

1 trigger.

1 hair.

And we begin to cleanse the fucking parasites.

1 thing.
Carshy McCarsh

11/29/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
let them secede

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27590487

You will die alone, afraid, and incontinent.
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28625676
United States
11/29/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I work at the Police dept in KY. I can tell you this, they won't take them without a fight. I don't know a single soul including myself that don't have stockpiles hidden thruoghout the city. I am part of the local NRA and the members are dead serious about anything that involves banning of arms. So if you come to KY UN prepare for a fight.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25221044

I'm hearing the same thing from Police also. Personally I think any restrictions will be grandfathered in. Ban any new weapons from being produced and limit the magazine capacity just like in 1994.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26542121
United States
11/29/2012 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the south people need their guns because there is a lot of distance between houses and towns. You have to shoot at wild dogs and wolves, snakes, yard trespassers, burglars, zombie crackheads, runaway tractors... the list goes on and on. No gun, no control. Police aren't going to arrive with a weapon in time. And there is no hunting without guns.

I overheard some guys talking about how the illegal immigrants sure know how to clean out a pecan grove.

If there are going to be unmanned drones with laser tracking and guns above our heads, we need guns below. Or DEWs. Otherwise we will have to resort to slingshots and develop biohazardous snot and blood -- hicks have chew and hepatitis -- to survive.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25221044

I'm hearing the same thing from Police also. Personally I think any restrictions will be grandfathered in. Ban any new weapons from being produced and limit the magazine capacity just like in 1994.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28625676

Won't be accepted this time everyone knows it is a gateway to confiscation. Just like Ofucker likes to say, " My way or the highway!" so listen up all you libtards, we are not gonna take your crap anymore! It stops here, it stops now, and if you don't like it bring your ass on down to the street. We are done feeding you! We are done listening to you! And we are taking OUR country back! So just sit back and use your pen because it won't stop what's comming! Sleep tight and good night!
Captain Spaulding
User ID: 28677753
United States
Report Abusive Post
Don't mexas with texas
 Quoting: Leslie Zevo

I honestly hope it's more than just Texas... We will not win without others joining the cause of upholding our Constitution!

Arizona will be a bloodbath. Sheriff Joe just got approved for his sheriff's to carry full auto. I LOVE my guns and always have and will. from when I was a kid I slept with loaded rifles and shotguns under my bed. And I mean from when I was a baby.

But sheriff's carrying full auto in an urban area does not sit well with me at all. My Viet Nam vet friends all told about how they changed to only the A men on the A teams carrying fully automatic. I think AR-14's, not sure, and all the other soldiers (was that when they went to AR-15's?) could only use three round bursts and single fire. Unless they were using 30 and 50 cal subs.

The guys would lose it and spray everywhere, waste all their ammo and lose a lot of allies and other US soldiers with friendly fire.

Maybe the Sheriff's dept. here is a part of the plan? I know there's a lot of "Joe" supporters here, but he's done a lot of questionable things (costing the county more than 60 million in court costs and law suits so far, more to come)

Is there any other EO's out there using full auto, NOT SWAT, I mean just on patrol?
 Quoting: Captain Spaulding 28677753

You are ignoring the fact Arizona is a war zone.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

You know, it might well be. It's definitely not where I'm at (temporarily), in the NW burbs of Phoenix.

I grew up in Chicago in the 60's and 70's, and lived in east Los Angeles, Silverlake/Echo Park, then across the tracks from Compton, then two blocks from Electric Ave on the west side and those WERE WAR ZONES. And I never really had a problem. In E LA the crips on my side of the street were at war with the crips across the street. But they left us completely alone for some reason.

I heard a lot of drive by's in those days. And I still like the west side of LA more than here. A LOT more. Venice, Santa Monica, fun all the time. Here, boring, but police with full auto? It just feels weird.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

I honestly hope it's more than just Texas... We will not win without others joining the cause of upholding our Constitution!

Arizona will be a bloodbath. Sheriff Joe just got approved for his sheriff's to carry full auto. I LOVE my guns and always have and will. from when I was a kid I slept with loaded rifles and shotguns under my bed. And I mean from when I was a baby.

But sheriff's carrying full auto in an urban area does not sit well with me at all. My Viet Nam vet friends all told about how they changed to only the A men on the A teams carrying fully automatic. I think AR-14's, not sure, and all the other soldiers (was that when they went to AR-15's?) could only use three round bursts and single fire. Unless they were using 30 and 50 cal subs.

The guys would lose it and spray everywhere, waste all their ammo and lose a lot of allies and other US soldiers with friendly fire.

Maybe the Sheriff's dept. here is a part of the plan? I know there's a lot of "Joe" supporters here, but he's done a lot of questionable things (costing the county more than 60 million in court costs and law suits so far, more to come)

Is there any other EO's out there using full auto, NOT SWAT, I mean just on patrol?

You are ignoring the fact Arizona is a war zone.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

You know, it might well be. It's definitely not where I'm at (temporarily), in the NW burbs of Phoenix.

I grew up in Chicago in the 60's and 70's, and lived in east Los Angeles, Silverlake/Echo Park, then across the tracks from Compton, then two blocks from Electric Ave on the west side and those WERE WAR ZONES. And I never really had a problem. In E LA the crips on my side of the street were at war with the crips across the street. But they left us completely alone for some reason.

I heard a lot of drive by's in those days. And I still like the west side of LA more than here. A LOT more. Venice, Santa Monica, fun all the time. Here, boring, but police with full auto? It just feels weird.

Full auto in the hands of cops and leg soldiers is a joke. It is not a threat and actually causes them to deplete thier ammo post haste. Simply put they don't have the training or environment for automatic fire to be effective.

GLP