Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,830 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 950,830
Pageviews Today: 1,643,578Threads Today: 649Posts Today: 12,413
06:05 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language

christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
11/29/2012 02:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language
The words “bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language in Washington state as officials prepare to remove the terms from marriage and divorce certificates.

Tim Church, a spokesman for the Wash. state Health Department, told Fox News they will likely be removing those words in favor of more gender neutral terms.
He said the changes are necessary in response to the same-sex marriage law that takes effect Dec. 6.

“We’ve been quickly moving ahead to change our marriage certificate to make sure it fits for everyone who is going to be using it,” he told Fox News.

The words “bride” and “groom” could be replaced with “Spouse A” and “Spouse B” or “Person A” and “Person B,” Church said.
The department has been taking public input but the state’s secretary of health will ultimately decide which terms are used.

[link to radio.foxnews.com]

Last Edited by Account Deleted by User on 11/29/2012 02:09 PM
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
11/29/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language
Once again Susie:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language
I wonder when Mom and Dad will be eliminated??

Kids will proably be saying next.
Parent A Can I go out and play? Parent A says go ask Parent *B*

No wonder sinkholes are opening up all over the planet, we are as a nation a sinking ship...
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
Once again Susie:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Sorry..I thought I had done that..I will be more careful going forward....
Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:16 PM

Report Abusive Post
Looks like France already has..

France to Eliminate Words ‘Mother,’ ‘Father’ From Documents

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com [link to www.newsmax.com]
Susie

*Evan*

User ID: 28152425
United States
11/29/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Spouse A and Spouse B?

putin

Parent A and Parent B...

Sounds like a robotic civilization...we are going to lose our humanity trying to "not offend" anyone.

putin
Atossa
User ID: 18850150
United States
11/29/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

How's that 'Juan de Fuca plate' and 'Cascadia subduction zone' doing today ?

christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Spouse A and Spouse B?

putin

Parent A and Parent B...

Sounds like a robotic civilization...we are going to lose our humanity trying to "not offend" anyone.

putin
 Quoting: *Evan*

That is *Satan's stranglehold on society make them feel offended constantly and they will grow in un-forgiveness and lack love...
Susie

*Evan*

United States
11/29/2012 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Spouse A and Spouse B?

putin

Parent A and Parent B...

putin
 Quoting: *Evan*

That is *Satan's stranglehold on society make them feel offended constantly and they will grow in un-forgiveness and lack love...
 Quoting: christian

It's working.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1011895
United States
11/29/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why can't they both be brides and both be grooms?

Regardless, don't get your alarmist panties up in a bunch. Since when is marriage defined by a bunch of legal terms?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20581494
Canada
11/29/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
5a
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:22 PM

Report Abusive Post

Regardless, don't get your alarmist panties up in a bunch. Since when is marriage defined by a bunch of legal terms?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1011895

Because a Bride is Female

a Groom is Male..

How can you be a Bride if no groom is involved????
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28705815
Belarus
11/29/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
everyone have to bend for ghey agenda?

i think the majority must be offended.

or are gheys the majority ???

if so

overpopulation will be no problem in 100 years.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 28721263
United States
Report Abusive Post
"Pitcher" and "Catcher"?
Tell me what this tastes like...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28683032
United States
Report Abusive Post
Cheaper to get married in Idaho. Also, most WA counties require a waiting period (between the license being issued and having a ceremony) so you can't exactly elope there, though you can in Idaho.
*Evan*

United States
11/29/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Pitcher" and "Catcher"?
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

chuckle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28531621
United States
11/29/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
why can't they just say GROOM & GROOM or BRIDE & BRIDE?

I'm gay and I don't like how SPOUSE 1 & SPOUSE 2 sound either...
christian  (OP)

United States

Report Abusive Post

if so

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28705815

The World Bends for

Liars
Homosexuality
Entitlement takers
Atheists
Anyone who hates Israel

Welcome to Godless Planet Earth...
Susie

bvndy

User ID: 24070168
United States
Report Abusive Post
Tab A and slot B
You can ignore the consequences of
your actions, but you cannot ignore
the RESULTS of the consequences of your actions

Ayn Rand
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
why can't they just say GROOM & GROOM or BRIDE & BRIDE?

I'm gay and I don't like how SPOUSE 1 & SPOUSE 2 sound either...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28531621

Because a Bride cannot marry without a groom....

Those are what those terms mean in Marriage.
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28683032
United States
11/29/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't understand why they have to consolidate the two. Obviously, two men getting married (or two women) is diffrent than a man and woman. Can't they just have two piles of paperwork, 1 being the "normal" husband and wife license pile and the 2nd being the gay licence pile?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28725724
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
so what they are really saying is you are no longer getting married.
ScaReMoNgeRinG
User ID: 1343360
United States
11/29/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
The words “bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language in Washington state as officials prepare to remove the terms from marriage and divorce certificates.

Tim Church, a spokesman for the Wash. state Health Department, told Fox News they will likely be removing those words in favor of more gender neutral terms.
He said the changes are necessary in response to the same-sex marriage law that takes effect Dec. 6.

“We’ve been quickly moving ahead to change our marriage certificate to make sure it fits for everyone who is going to be using it,” he told Fox News.

The words “bride” and “groom” could be replaced with “Spouse A” and “Spouse B” or “Person A” and “Person B,” Church said.
The department has been taking public input but the state’s secretary of health will ultimately decide which terms are used.

LMAO Christians who watch Fox will belief anything............

5awhateverstfusheeplebah
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
I don't understand why they have to consolidate the two. Obviously, two men getting married (or two women) is diffrent than a man and woman. Can't they just have two piles of paperwork, 1 being the "normal" husband and wife license pile and the 2nd being the gay licence pile?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28683032

They want to LUMP homosexuality as = with heterosexuality..

They have forced a round peg into a square hole and does not care if it doesn't fit...
Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:30 PM

Report Abusive Post

LMAO Christians who watch Fox will belief anything............

5awhateverstfusheeplebah
 Quoting: ScaReMoNgeRinG 1343360

There are multiple articles on this sparky.....

Susie

ScaReMoNgeRinG
User ID: 1343360
United States
11/29/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

if so

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28705815

The World Bends for

Liars
Homosexuality
Entitlement takers
Atheists
Anyone who hates Israel

Welcome to Godless Planet Earth...

FYI I welcome this also see ya in Hell since according to gods book only 11k will enter heaven i doubt there is room left for you after the crusades considering how many rapist and murderers who were promised a spot by the pope (that i add was never mentioned in the book)
christian  (OP)

United States
11/29/2012 02:32 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1011895

Maybe you need to read some history how the terms evolved as Bride and Groom, it never ever described a homosexual anything..

Nothing has ever described a Homosexual Union other than immoral sexual perversion that is it....

Susie

Sleeping Giant

User ID: 543618
United States
11/29/2012 02:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Archaic like:

Personal responsibility
Family values
The right to life
Mother and father in the same home
Privacy
etc, etc, etc....

Days of Noah
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
DontBeFooled2012

User ID: 13415179
United States
Report Abusive Post
good ol washington state, they gotta do whatever they can so they don't offend the gays. ridiculous.
It's a big club and you ain't in it
Carlin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27890106
United States
Report Abusive Post
I am not a braindead christian like yourself but i do believe that homesexuality is not a good thing for society and should not be allowed to corrupt the idea of marriage.

Marriage is a religious act. Homosexuality is a forbidden act in all religions. I personally think all religions are bullshit but hey what do i know.

I live in washington and i can tell you that i am not happy that these poop eaters are allowed to get married.

Homosexuality doesnt even make sense to me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
11/29/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28683032

but that would mean the gay pile isn't the same as the "normal"

and you aren't allowed to infer that

here in NZ, the gays can do a civil union and have had this right for years--gives all the same rights as marriage

most straight people do the civil union too

but now, they are trying to force gay marriage here too

GLP