Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,169 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 501,676
Pageviews Today: 823,754Threads Today: 276Posts Today: 4,600
09:52 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14519339
Canada
11/29/2012 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language
Great news! Two people in love are two people in a treatise. This will increase the likelihood of people thinking twice before getting married! Commitment and life-long companionship is the REAL deal in a marriage, not "husband/wife" dynamics.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14519339
Canada
11/29/2012 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Washington State says bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language
grouphug
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22470569
United States
11/29/2012 08:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why can't they both be brides and both be grooms?

Regardless, don't get your alarmist panties up in a bunch. Since when is marriage defined by a bunch of legal terms?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1011895

Maybe you need to read some history how the terms evolved as Bride and Groom, it never ever described a homosexual anything..

Nothing has ever described a Homosexual Union other than immoral sexual perversion that is it....

Quoting: christian

Do you just sit around your house and decide what to be afraid of or outraged by for the day? Have you ever spent any time around gay people? Or minorities?

Probably not, but I'm sure you'll just make up some shit and lie.

Try to enjoy what's left of your life. The world will be fine without you someday, and me too.

Trust me.
Washington transplant
User ID: 1610510
United States
11/29/2012 08:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
A life-long Washingtonian explained to me that the state isn't progressive by any means (legalizing weed, gay unions, etc etc)... it's just that no one really cares what happens here and the state is so poor, they're trying to increase revenue any way they can.

Personally, if I had the gas money, I'd be back in Virginia by next week.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 905336
United States
11/29/2012 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am not a braindead christian like yourself but i do believe that homesexuality is not a good thing for society and should not be allowed to corrupt the idea of marriage.

Marriage is a religious act. Homosexuality is a forbidden act in all religions. I personally think all religions are bullshit but hey what do i know.

I live in washington and i can tell you that i am not happy that these poop eaters are allowed to get married.

Homosexuality doesnt even make sense to me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27890106
RIGHT ON...BUT AMERICA LAYS DOWN TO DIE,WITHOUT EVEN A WHIMPER...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 905336
United States
11/29/2012 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why can't they both be brides and both be grooms?

Regardless, don't get your alarmist panties up in a bunch. Since when is marriage defined by a bunch of legal terms?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1011895

Maybe you need to read some history how the terms evolved as Bride and Groom, it never ever described a homosexual anything..

Nothing has ever described a Homosexual Union other than immoral sexual perversion that is it....

Do you just sit around your house and decide what to be afraid of or outraged by for the day? Have you ever spent any time around gay people? Or minorities?

Probably not, but I'm sure you'll just make up some shit and lie.

Try to enjoy what's left of your life. The world will be fine without you someday, and me too.

Trust me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22470569
A PERFECT STORM IS BREWING,ANOTHER HITLER WILL SURFACE..AND THE LOVING,FEELING LIBERALS WILL HAVE CAUSED THIS...THINK ON THIS..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28167778
United States
11/29/2012 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Archaic like:

Personal responsibility
Family values
The right to life
Mother and father in the same home
Privacy
etc, etc, etc....

Days of Noah
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

Wonderful comment. We know how the days of Noah ended.

and add mixing of animals and humans, as in the days of Noah.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28167778
United States
11/29/2012 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its so funny. I've never seen so many people on GLP defend the government restricting freedom and citizen's rights.

I also find it funny all you so called Christians define marriage by legal terms. Whats the fuck is sacred about legal mumbo-jumbo? Marriage is what you make of it. Not what the fuck the government tells you it is. Not what your pedophile church pastor tells you it is. You and your spouse define it.

Unbelievable that this is considered a HOT TOPIC issue in this country. Fucking people are starving to death in the world. Get angry over something legitimate.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28618319

Marriage is a sacrament from God.

When we redefine it, we are making ourselves equal to God.

Most people understand that we are not as wise as God.

It is a sign of how low things already are that the loss of

the God-ordained roles of husband and wife is APPLAUDED by

spiritually blind people.

Even pastors and rabbis can be spiritually blind.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5359980
United States
11/29/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
A life-long Washingtonian explained to me that the state isn't progressive by any means (legalizing weed, gay unions, etc etc)... it's just that no one really cares what happens here and the state is so poor, they're trying to increase revenue any way they can.

Personally, if I had the gas money, I'd be back in Virginia by next week.
 Quoting: Washington transplant 1610510

I wish i had some gas money to give you so you could go back to Virginia. I`m a life long resident of both Oregon and Washington and i assure you gay marriage and weed have`nt been legalized for revenue.That`s the dumbest thing I ever heard.Washington is a lot better off than many states are including probably Virginia.This is the real reason this stuff was voted in.Seattle metro.(Tacoma,Bellevue,etc)is a progressive liberal area.This area accounts for 5% of the land area of Washington and over 50% of the population.The same with Oregon, the Portland metro area is very liberal and is just 2-3% of the land area of Oregon but accounts for 60% of the pop.Rural Washington and Oregon is a lot like Idaho,very conservative. So basically most statewide elections are won by liberals usually by less than 2% of the vote.Both states have democratic governors who won by less than 2000 votes out of hundreds of thousands votes cast.It`s sort of a weird dynamic when you see such liberal cities like Portland and Seattle completely surrounded by conservative leaning states.But the big cities have the votes and we live in a democracy so....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28692874
Belgium
11/30/2012 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
The words “bride” and “groom” – along with “husband” and “wife” are about to become archaic language in Washington state as officials prepare to remove the terms from marriage and divorce certificates.

Tim Church, a spokesman for the Wash. state Health Department, told Fox News they will likely be removing those words in favor of more gender neutral terms.
He said the changes are necessary in response to the same-sex marriage law that takes effect Dec. 6.

“We’ve been quickly moving ahead to change our marriage certificate to make sure it fits for everyone who is going to be using it,” he told Fox News.

The words “bride” and “groom” could be replaced with “Spouse A” and “Spouse B” or “Person A” and “Person B,” Church said.
The department has been taking public input but the state’s secretary of health will ultimately decide which terms are used.

[link to radio.foxnews.com]

Exactly as predicted in "Brave New World", by Aldof Huxley, 1938.

Also the descriptions Mother and Father will disappear.

GLP