Bought some natural soap, skin feels really tight after use

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28334654
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Bought some natural soap, skin feels really tight after use
I'm sure there's a few of you here who have decided not to use shower gels and tried the natural approach. I bought some Neem soap, which uses Seeds from the Neem tree which is very good for your skin. It also contains coconut oil, palm oil etc. Thing is, unlike shower gel, the skin feels extremely tight after use.

From what I've read it's because it strips the moisture from your skin so it's best to rush and put on some moisturizer (I use coconut oil). Is this normal though? Is it the same for everyone who uses soap.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Bought some natural soap, skin feels really tight after use
"Tight like a tiger"

-Goldmember
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28683032
United States
11/29/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hm. Maybe I should use that on my love handles.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/29/2012 03:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm sure there's a few of you here who have decided not to use shower gels and tried the natural approach. I bought some Neem soap, which uses Seeds from the Neem tree which is very good for your skin. It also contains coconut oil, palm oil etc. Thing is, unlike shower gel, the skin feels extremely tight after use.

From what I've read it's because it strips the moisture from your skin so it's best to rush and put on some moisturizer (I use coconut oil). Is this normal though? Is it the same for everyone who uses soap.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28334654

Soap is lard and lye, all that other hippie crap is useless...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28728391
United States
11/29/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Should I tell my gf to use it in her vag then?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 28334654
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: BRIEF

You're bald and fat, if you'd actually dig through the information on this site alone you'd learn to take care of yourself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28715691
United States
11/29/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
No,just her butthole...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28385893
United States
11/29/2012 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, what kind of soap is it, so I can tell my wife to wash her cunt with it. I mean, talk about loose, if I didn't strap a 2X4 to my ass when we screw, I'd fall in.
MartyWrites

User ID: 28704613
Ireland
11/29/2012 03:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
IF you want a really nice soap, try South of France Shea Butter soap. That soap is the best I've ever used, and my skin has never felt better, even my elbows. Their website is here: [link to www.goodhealthnaturalproducts.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 554016
United States
11/29/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
im guessing it doesnt have an lotions in it. Your skin is just drier than normal.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
11/29/2012 03:49 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: BRIEF

You're bald and fat, if you'd actually dig through the information on this site alone you'd learn to take care of yourself.

LOL, fail.

:Briefandyoungest:
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4520570
United States
11/29/2012 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
For the record, I ordered a sample pack from the 5 star Cal Ben soap company. We all heard of them before - but I ordered because it was supposed to be pure, and I just had a bad experience recently...

I had the Dove mens bodywash with moisturizers. Shit is supposed to be like the best stuff there is. Next thing I know, my weiner looks like it was fried on a sauce pan, and someone forgot to flip it over!!

Straight out chemical burns and hives, which went away after 2 or 3 days.

Now on to the cal ben 5 star soap. The bars of soap look like nothing special, like wino soap. It has a slight smell, but I think it is natural as there is no fragrances. It only has 2 ingredients in it. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth, and it does not leave chemical burns. A little lather goes a long way.

They also included laundry powder detergent in the sample pack. This stuff works better then oxyclean. My karate uniform came out white like I bleached it. Generally we use oxyclean or Gain.

The sample pack also came with dish soap, but we haven't tried it yet.

Sample pack was only $20 so good deal to check it out. I will say that we will be reordering the soaps from them as soon as our samples run out, as a sample is about a month or 2 worth as it is. (for 2 people that is)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28728636
Canada
11/29/2012 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good natural soap should not dry your skin,it all depends on the oils used. Coconut oil makes soap hard and gives it lather but too much is very drying.A well balanced soap will leave your skin soft and you will not need to moisturize.Look for soaps with shea butter,mango and cocoa butter.The lye is totally neutralized after aging for a few weeks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31420638
Germany
01/05/2013 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Nostalgic Rain

User ID: 30222881
United States
01/05/2013 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, what kind of soap is it, so I can tell my wife to wash her cunt with it. I mean, talk about loose, if I didn't strap a 2X4 to my ass when we screw, I'd fall in.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28385893

ohno

GLP