Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
11/29/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ...
Clicked on this thread hoping to see a video of a raccoon picking a lock.

charlie
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21973618
United States
11/29/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Off topic:

Does Russell Scott acknowledge the existence of aliens? Or something like that?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15740069
United States
11/29/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ive heard of traps that catch racoons because they stick their hands inside and wont let go then they get hung up on hooks.

[link to www.youtube.com]

[link to www.youtube.com]
Accidental Stoner
User ID: 27692959
Finland
11/29/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hehhehheh.
Impossibly cute kritters,
but I'm still kinda glad
we don't have'em around here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2913820
Australia
11/29/2012 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once while camping near our home in California, we were awoken by noises outside the tent. We went out and found three raccoons shredding the pads off of the roll bars on our jeep.

Another time, camping at the same place, we were again awoken from our tent. I saw several raccoons run out the door of our camper, they had somehow opened the door (latch was up high), gone inside and opened the fridge, smashed eggs all over the floor, spilled milk and stolen a loaf of bread.

Another time, I heard a noise on my back patio, I went out to find a large raccoon with it's head inside our dog's food bin. It had punched a hole through the "unbreakable" Rubbermaid bin to get at the food. I tried to chase it away, but it stood up like a bear and hissed at me violently. I grabbed a broom and he ran off when I raised it.

They are cute little critters, but can be a real pain in the ass.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27786776

Then why don't you set out some poison and kill them ? : )
 Quoting: MrNiceGuy 18131262

when my neighbors piss me off i don't go out and poison them

ironic for a guy with a screen name of mr nice guy.

we have no right to kill the raccoon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/29/2012 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
My mom's next door neighborhood feeds raccoon and apparently they don't want to go back to their old home so they found a way to get into my mom's attic from the eves/ Literally ripped screening apart. They fucking made a huge mess in the attic. My brother in law who is a pest control had hard time dealing with the raccoon mother because her baby got caught earlier and released in the wild.

I made the mistake one night during college years by giving a piece of candy to this raccoon on the balcony from the apartment. Next night, a family of raccoon showed up...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9170468
United States
11/29/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Disease caring vermin is all they are.

Which is why Davy Crockett wore a coon skin hat.

Most fun time with a coon, moonlit night, sitting on patio roof, coon goes for a climb up 10 foot bird feeder. Coon gets half way up, sites line up coon hey it's a male, sites on coons family jewels, "crack" goes 22 cb, coon instantly lifts off reaches top of birdfeeder and launches itself 20 more feet into the air, what a racket that one made heading off to the woods.
MrNiceGuy
User ID: 18131262
United States
11/29/2012 07:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once while camping near our home in California, we were awoken by noises outside the tent. We went out and found three raccoons shredding the pads off of the roll bars on our jeep.

Another time, camping at the same place, we were again awoken from our tent. I saw several raccoons run out the door of our camper, they had somehow opened the door (latch was up high), gone inside and opened the fridge, smashed eggs all over the floor, spilled milk and stolen a loaf of bread.

Another time, I heard a noise on my back patio, I went out to find a large raccoon with it's head inside our dog's food bin. It had punched a hole through the "unbreakable" Rubbermaid bin to get at the food. I tried to chase it away, but it stood up like a bear and hissed at me violently. I grabbed a broom and he ran off when I raised it.

They are cute little critters, but can be a real pain in the ass.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27786776

Then why don't you set out some poison and kill them ? : )
 Quoting: MrNiceGuy 18131262

when my neighbors piss me off i don't go out and poison them

ironic for a guy with a screen name of mr nice guy.

we have no right to kill the raccoon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2913820

I was being sarcastic. : )
MrNiceGuy
User ID: 18131262
United States
11/29/2012 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Disease caring vermin is all they are.

Which is why Davy Crockett wore a coon skin hat.

Most fun time with a coon, moonlit night, sitting on patio roof, coon goes for a climb up 10 foot bird feeder. Coon gets half way up, sites line up coon hey it's a male, sites on coons family jewels, "crack" goes 22 cb, coon instantly lifts off reaches top of birdfeeder and launches itself 20 more feet into the air, what a racket that one made heading off to the woods.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9170468

He was a known animal hater.
Ozark

User ID: 28743466
United States
11/29/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Love the coons'

we feed the ones here cat food.
it's walmart, so we pray we don't get more poisoned food...
Favorite quote or Haiku,
Nikos Kazantzakis

" I said to the Almond tree, "Sister, speak to me of God..."
And the Almond tree blossomed...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8829929
Canada
11/29/2012 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you find rats and pigeons cute too?
yahwehs princess
User ID: 23672607
United States
11/29/2012 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
ALLOW ME TO BE THE FIRST ONCE AGAIN COON-TARDSwtfcruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15215384
United States
11/29/2012 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah guys please dont kill the raccoons.
If you cant handle them yourself, hire a professional to help remove them for you. Raccoons are special and created by God. It's not like they know that they are wrecking your lifestyle with their antics!
Most of the time they are just curious and are looking for food.
Person445  (OP)

User ID: 11438968
Canada
11/29/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Off topic:

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21973618

I don't believe in "aliens". I think life exists everywhere in the universe. When people think of aliens they either picture a humanoid-like creature or an xenomorph and usually in a spacecraft of some sort.

To me these are still very human concepts and quite within the realm of human imagination.

But humans adapted to Earth. The gravity, the Moon, the atmosphere, the rotation, the minerals, the distance of the Earth to the Sun, the size of the Sun, the orbit, etc.

Change any of these variables and the result will be a life form that isn't human. Change several of these variables and you have something we cannot imagine or understand. I find it doubtful that aliens would appear humanoid in any way.

So I acknowledge life throughout the cosmos, but not the existence of greys, dracos, etc.

That's just my opinion.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ~ Carl Sagan

Last Edited by Person445 on 11/29/2012 09:12 PM
Follow me on Twitter: @RussellScott202
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28147705
United States
11/29/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
natures legendary locksmith is my pal's chihuahua "Paco". when my pal was working 15 hour days, Paco got in the habit of destroying crap around his home. so, my pal took to crating him when he left. within a few days, Paco would be free when he returned. no matter what scheme he used to bar that cage door, Paco would escape. after a week of failure to keep him imprisoned, my pal relented, and tossed the cage. we dubbed Paco "Pacodini" from that day forward.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Off topic:

I don't believe in "aliens". I think life exists everywhere in the universe. When people think of aliens they either picture a humanoid-like creature or an xenomorph and usually in a spacecraft of some sort.

To me these are still very human concepts and quite within the realm of human imagination.

But humans adapted to Earth. The gravity, the Moon, the atmosphere, the rotation, the minerals, the distance of the Earth to the Sun, the size of the Sun, the orbit, etc.

Change any of these variables and the result will be a life form that isn't human. Change several of these variables and you have something we cannot imagine or understand. I find it doubtful that aliens would appear humanoid in any way.

So I acknowledge life throughout the cosmos, but not the existence of greys, dracos, etc.

That's just my opinion.

Quoting: Person445

But considering that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the Universe, couldn't one make a case for humanoid-like E.T.'s? I mean, do you think that physics allows THAT much diversity among living beings that humans can see with the human eye? With the amount of elements in the universe, there are only several states of matter that these elements fit under that we have discovered so far in our solar system.

So not including the ideas such as physical to non-physical transformations and such in regards with E.T., the only evidence we have are flying saucers and little grey people. And because we are probably of lower cognitive activity then most space-faring lifeforms, they exist in "our universe" we don't exist in theirs.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
^meaning that they certainly can exist physically in the form we "imagine" them to be in
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's just my opinion.

And you're totally Russell Scott aren't you...
Person445  (OP)

Canada
11/29/2012 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Off topic:

That's just my opinion.

Quoting: Person445

But considering that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the Universe, couldn't one make a case for humanoid-like E.T.'s? I mean, do you think that physics allows THAT much diversity among living beings that humans can see with the human eye? With the amount of elements in the universe, there are only several states of matter that these elements fit under that we have discovered so far in our solar system.

So not including the ideas such as physical to non-physical transformations and such in regards with E.T., the only evidence we have are flying saucers and little grey people. And because we are probably of lower cognitive activity then most space-faring lifeforms, they exist in "our universe" we don't exist in theirs.

The combinations are endless though. Yes the physics are the same throughout the universe, but these are simply the rules of the game. Look at life in the ocean, some of things they find down there are completely unbelievable and it's because their environment is very different.

A good book on the subject is Rare Earth.

How many planets are EXACTLY like Earth in the universe? With the VERY SAME solar system? With a Moon as large as ours? Not many. So perhaps humanoids exist outside of Earth, but if it's on the other end of the universe.. who cares?

I'm not sure it's all that important anyway. Seems more like a cure for loneliness, perchance to dream of beings far away.

Yes, I'm Russell, that's no secret and no big deal, lol.
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 1248699
United States
11/29/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Raccoons are great! The other night I went outside and watched one eat the remnants of the cat food my neighbor left outside for their cat. It was on its haunches, and picking up and eating the cat food with its front paws. It saw me, but continued eating. I was a non-threatening enough distance away -- about 20 yards. Then it waddled off. Nice little guy. Godspeed, Raccoon....Godspeed. :)
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The combinations are endless though. Yes the physics are the same throughout the universe, but these are simply the rules of the game. Look at life in the ocean, some of things they find down there are completely unbelievable and it's because their environment is very different." Person445

Bu how many combinations are suitable for intelligent life? If you follow the path of evolution from micro-organisms to more complex lifeforms - you can look at the thousands of different species on Earth - at a certain point, the most "intelligent" organisms have almost come to this singularity of development. i.e., humans. We are the most generic physical bodies on earth, so simple, so fit for intelligence. No needless appendages, etc. Unlike the lamp-fish at the bottom of the ocean who still doesn't cook it's food.

So if the Universe is composed of many many planets, and we assume that bacteria are the most common form of life, then species we define as intelligent would most likely be like us, given the laws of physics and the strong probability factors for planet-based micro-organsims ruling the galaxies.

I will give you this though... Life probably(definitely) exists in ways we can not imagine. But we can't comprehend their existence, so the are not in our spacial dimension. So everything is relative.

But racoons are awesome!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can't say that. The lamp fish can't create fire. Well... Can it contemplate it's own existence?

Oceans are mal-adaptive in many ways
Person445  (OP)

Canada
11/30/2012 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for enjoying the article everyone, here is another by the same author:

Thread: ...
Anonymous Coward