Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,205 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 693,675
Pageviews Today: 1,216,799Threads Today: 520Posts Today: 8,720
02:27 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

World record snowfall! Next 4 days! On Mt. Shasta!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1610510
United States
11/29/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: World record snowfall! Next 4 days! On Mt. Shasta!
so is cali going to die or what?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1834146

It's not going to die but we should put our heads together and find out why mt Shasta is the target for this great amount of snow.....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1305118

LOL.

Jeeze.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1610510

Sorry for laughing at you.

Shasta's elevation is 14,180 feet (4322 meters) and it tends to snow a lot up there.

Because it snows there.
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 25558014
United States
11/29/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6704247

chuckle
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
DaiSeeDay

User ID: 1157713
United States
11/29/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
14 to 18 feet of snow their predicting in just 4 days!!! Wow!
~~Love Is The Root Of True Happiness~~
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like the streets of San Francisco are flooding already.

Probably needs a good rinse by now.
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 25496676
United States
11/29/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder how train service is between the Bay Area and up into Oregon. Amtrak's Coast Starlight (a GREAT route; my favorite) runs between Los Angeles and Seattle; including Sacramento, Chico, Redding, Dunsmuir, through Mount Shasta City, Klamath Falls, Chemult, across the Cascades, Eugene. That would be the segment of the route hardest hit by this weather.
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/29/2012 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can't wait to take some pics if it really does happen!!! Mt Shasta is totally covered with clouds right now with winds wipping around 30+ mph north of it about 45 miles.
 Quoting: DaiSeeDay

That'll be great. If you get up there and get some pics, post 'em. I'd love to check them out.
 Quoting: Thor's Hamster

I will try as long as the clouds cooperate by Sunday afternoon or Monday! K
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5359980
United States
11/29/2012 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in Washington st. which is home to the world record snowfall for a year,1140" (95 feet),and for a month,304"(25.3 feet).Both records set at Mt. Baker, a 11,000 ft volcano here in Washington.
Kimpy2 (OP)
User ID: 20290901
United States
11/29/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hope libtarded CA freezes to death.

:freeze:
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

Did you just write that your libtarded CA-CA gate is freezing to death?
A tu-tu might be warmer. (I'm a thpeed reader.)
ohyeah
Seizer

User ID: 10510900
United States
11/29/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gotta love global warming! On a serious note, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. Anybody know if these recent rain and snow storms have traces of radiation from Fukushima? I do hope the snow crushes whatever works/lives under the mountain tho...
Burt Gummer

User ID: 7702124
United States
11/29/2012 08:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6704247

chuckle

peace

Thor's Hamster

United States
11/29/2012 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in Washington st. which is home to the world record snowfall for a year,1140" (95 feet),and for a month,304"(25.3 feet).Both records set at Mt. Baker, a 11,000 ft volcano here in Washington.
 Quoting: objective viewer

I've only seen pictures of Mount Baker. I'd like to come up and check it out...in the summer. :) You guys still have a lot of rugged, remote, beautiful mountainous areas up there. Great part of the country.

I'd like to hike around Mount St. Helen's, too. And the Goat Rocks Wilderness, where a lot of "Bigfoot" sightings have been reported, including stories of said creature in the native American lore of the area. There's a famous "sighting" on Star Mountain. And there's a cave there somewhere called "Ape Cave". Strange name for a cave in an area where apes don't exist.... Or do they?

One of the greatest views I've seen in my life was out in the waters around the San Juan Islands orca watching, and looking back (east) toward the Washington State mainland, and seeing, a snow-capped Mount Ranier (I think; maybe Adams) rising up over 14,000 feet on a crystal clear day. Unbelievable!
Thor's Hamster

United States
11/29/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gotta love global warming! On a serious note, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. Anybody know if these recent rain and snow storms have traces of radiation from Fukushima? I do hope the snow crushes whatever works/lives under the mountain tho...
 Quoting: Seizer

Good question. Not sure.
United States
11/29/2012 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Snowing at Donner Pass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1487396
United States
11/29/2012 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it is a good thing to laugh at doom!
(Lowest arctic sea ice on record 2012; most abrupt expansion of Antarctic sea ice 2012; worst MidWestern US drought on record 2012; worst winter Eastern Europe and Russia 2012; record-time melt of Greenland's surface ice sheet 2012, etc.)
 Quoting: Kimpy 2 20290901

2012 bitches! This year has been record-breaking in the amount of records that have been broken! And to top that; many of the "worst," "most," "driest," "wettest" records that were broken this year, were set last year!

shocked
Cryin Wont Help Ya

User ID: 18833395
United States
11/29/2012 08:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Northren and Southern Calif is like two completely differents States. They should be in my opinion.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28089372

Ya, there has always been talk and rumblings of it. I wonder what the designated abbreviations would be for a North California and South California state, since "N.C." and "S.C." are taken by the Carolinas.

If they did separate the state into a northern and southern, I suspect the dividing line would be the northern border of San Luis Obispo county.

They would just call the southern half "Mexico".
The Guy

User ID: 5145260
United States
11/29/2012 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been to Father Junipero Serra's hometown. It was snowing there, too.
It's good to be open-minded, just don't let your brain fall out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19020261
United States
11/29/2012 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
If there any part of California worth caring about, this is it. From Redding north is ab-so-lute-ly beautiful. Mt. Shasta is a sight to behold. I'm sure I-5 will be a living hell, with certain traffic doom ahead for any travelers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28749577
United States
11/29/2012 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is forecasted in inches, total to reach around 18 feet.
 Quoting: RASJ01021970

Donner party for 2....your table is ready.

hiding
 Quoting: Burt Gummer

Heard they have good finger steaks up in that neck of the woods......in season of course.rofl
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/29/2012 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've only seen pictures of Mount Baker. I'd like to come up and check it out...in the summer. :) You guys still have a lot of rugged, remote, beautiful mountainous areas up there. Great part of the country.

I'd like to hike around Mount St. Helen's, too. And the Goat Rocks Wilderness, where a lot of "Bigfoot" sightings have been reported, including stories of said creature in the native American lore of the area. There's a famous "sighting" on Star Mountain. And there's a cave there somewhere called "Ape Cave". Strange name for a cave in an area where apes don't exist.... Or do they?

One of the greatest views I've seen in my life was out in the waters around the San Juan Islands orca watching, and looking back (east) toward the Washington State mainland, and seeing, a snow-capped Mount Ranier (I think; maybe Adams) rising up over 14,000 feet on a crystal clear day. Unbelievable!

Go to Burley(sp)Mt. Lookout just outside of Randle, WA on a clear day you can see Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood in Oregon!!! My favorite place to visit!!!
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/29/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it is a good thing to laugh at doom!
(Lowest arctic sea ice on record 2012; most abrupt expansion of Antarctic sea ice 2012; worst MidWestern US drought on record 2012; worst winter Eastern Europe and Russia 2012; record-time melt of Greenland's surface ice sheet 2012, etc.)
 Quoting: Kimpy 2 20290901

2012 bitches! This year has been record-breaking in the amount of records that have been broken! And to top that; many of the "worst," "most," "driest," "wettest" records that were broken this year, were set last year!

shocked
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1487396

OK guys I'll break it to him - NIBIRU!!!! LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1044117
United States
11/29/2012 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
A look at the NWS site for California shows a potential nightmare in progress, or about to happen.
Any rainfall that occurs in areas already with snow on the ground is only going to increase the problems.
High winds, "chaotic" seas, massive rainfall and record snow forecast for areas of Northern Cal and Oregon. Sandy got all the attention. Not much on this storm.

I can't believe that there isn't a bigger response to this storm, by people who live in the affected areas. This is the only thread that touches on the storm, and then only on the snow.
Burt Gummer

United States
11/29/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
so is cali going to die or what?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1834146

It's not going to die but we should put our heads together and find out why mt Shasta is the target for this great amount of snow.....

LOL.

Jeeze.

Shasta's elevation is 14,180 feet (4322 meters) and it tends to snow a lot up there.

Because it snows there.

Shhhhhh. naughty

Don't tell that to the man made GlobalWarmTards.

globewarm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28371022
United States
11/29/2012 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
They used to have Shasta soft drinks. I wonder what happened to those.

Off topic here, but...Anyone remember Aspen soft drink? Tasted like apple, and came in a green can with, I think, a red apple on it?

ohh my gawd, i have been asking people if they remember apple flavored aspen soda for YEARSSSSS- no one remembers- just you and me!! - awesome...
Redding California in the house!!!
kimpy2 (OP)
User ID: 20290901
United States
11/29/2012 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

LOL.

Jeeze.

Because it snows there.

Shhhhhh. naughty

:globewarm:

Sure "...it snows there." OVER A YEAR, heap big snow (I have Indian blood, so yeah I can say that!) It's the 18 FEET IN 4 DAYS, KeemoSaabie, that's riveting! That would be 1,642 FEET in one year. Now go dance with a wolf.
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/29/2012 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
A look at the NWS site for California shows a potential nightmare in progress, or about to happen.
Any rainfall that occurs in areas already with snow on the ground is only going to increase the problems.
High winds, "chaotic" seas, massive rainfall and record snow forecast for areas of Northern Cal and Oregon. Sandy got all the attention. Not much on this storm.

I can't believe that there isn't a bigger response to this storm, by people who live in the affected areas. This is the only thread that touches on the storm, and then only on the snow.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1044117

I was wondering the same thing!? All that talk about the AR coming to the west coast n all.
Burt Gummer

United States
11/29/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

LOL.

Jeeze.

Because it snows there.

Shhhhhh. naughty

globewarm

Sure "...it snows there." OVER A YEAR, heap big snow (I have Indian blood, so yeah I can say that!) It's the 18 FEET IN 4 DAYS, KeemoSaabie, that's riveting! That would be 1,642 FEET in one year. Now go dance with a wolf.
 Quoting: kimpy2 20290901

What a naive little sheep you are.
Enjoy your MAN MADE GLOBALLY WARMED grass.

sheepchew
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5359980
United States
11/29/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Go to Burley(sp)Mt. Lookout just outside of Randle, WA on a clear day you can see Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood in Oregon!!! My favorite place to visit!!!

If you`re ever back in the area i recommend checking out the Columbia river gorge.It`s where the Columbia river splits Oregon and Washington along the Cascade range.Both sides have rugged terrain and is completely forested with huge waterfalls (Multnomeh falls,530 feet high)and several falls you have to hike back into,but it`s very worth it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12840822
United States
11/29/2012 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hope libtarded CA freezes to death.

:freeze:
 Quoting: Carshy McCarsh

wow. I thought all you deutschebags loved San Fran...
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/29/2012 11:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1044117

I was wondering the same thing!? All that talk about the AR coming to the west coast n all.

Anyone have a name for this Storm yet!!! Come on GLPers name it before anyone else does :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28256524
United States
11/29/2012 11:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like the streets of San Francisco are flooding already.

Probably needs a good rinse by now.

It's called a "douching-out".

GLP