Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,081 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 205,284
Pageviews Today: 343,220Threads Today: 107Posts Today: 1,697
03:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Sooo..NYC Fast Food Workers Went On Strike. Want a Union.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24760791
Thailand
11/30/2012 05:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Sooo..NYC Fast Food Workers Went On Strike. Want a Union.
It's classic divide and conquer...one guy gets $9 and hour at a different shop (same work) a union guy get $15 dollars an hour...both shops owned by the same people....very, very rich...
but to hear them tell it.....barely scrapping by....
Now the guy making $9 dollars an hour starts to think about what his daddy told him...Son we don't need no stinking union...I get a turkey every year at Christmas, and we have the nicest trailer in the park....and they call it a " Right to work state" Thats got to be good! YEEE HAAAA!!!! Beside I watch Fox news and Bill O'Reilly says unions are bad...just like the Boss man told us..It MUST BE TRUE....
Its that bad ole unions fault why everything is so expensive!!!
But what Jethro doesn't know is the union shop is making money hand over fist too....So instead of trying to improve his standard of living...He falls for Billy Os and the Boss mans Gospel...And tries to Destroy the only entity out there ( even with its faults) that will ever help him....in so doing...He only pulls the Union guy Down...now they are both shit house poor and with all the saving the boss man makes... Do you think he shares it with his workers? Hell NO !! He lobbies Congress to let him move his operation to Bangladesh.... And they give it a spiffy name like " FREE TRADE " hell that must be good too!!!!

I've worked union jobs and non union jobs...Union is better
I've been Flush and I've been broke...Flush is better
and bar non....The Cheapest..most Greedy people I have ever dealt with were ALWAYS rich...
 Quoting: Douche tester #69 2683444

Of course union jobs are better. You work less and get paid more.

It's fine if these people want to try and organize and get more money from private businesses. If these workers are really so special and in demand and can't be easily replaced, then maybe they can get what they ask for, according to market demands.

But when they try this shit with public money for government jobs, where the TAXPAYER has no say or recourse in the negotiations, and the unions end up putting their own people in political office to negotiate with, THAT'S WHERE YOU SHOULD DRAW THE LINE. Because then it is just a blatant attempt to steal money from the public purse, especially when they just end up negotiating with their own politicians for how much money they should steal from the taxpayer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22207590
United States
11/30/2012 05:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think arrogance is running rampant in our society. It requires no higher education to get such a job, nor skills of any advanced nature. If you want a wage that high, consider acquiring a skill of some kind besides burger flipping and bathroom mopping. I could not even get a secretarial job that paid $8.50, nor one that paid $12 with my English degree, an achievement which is looking more and more useless and actually detrimental to my getting hired, I'm starting to believe.

Something tells me several companies are going to go the way of Hostess if this shit continues.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2012 05:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
good luck with that, each restaurant is basically a franchise not own by the corporation-self. owner of each place is required to buy product from the corporation in order to use their ''name'' brand...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12064276

As that franchise owner....if ANY of those union protesting freaks were from my store....I'd make sure they had no job when they walked back in.
 Quoting: Burt Gummer

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1051099
Belgium
11/30/2012 05:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think arrogance is running rampant in our society.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22207590

Yeah, the arrogance of corporations dictating you and your government how to behave.
Telling you that you have no rights, only duties.
Telling you that you don't deserve dignity if you don't have a university degree.
Telling that if you can't accept to be a slave, you deserve to starve.

And you call yourself a democracy rofl
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
11/30/2012 05:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, the arrogance of corporations dictating you and your government how to behave.
Telling you that you don't deserve dignity if you don't have a university degree.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1051099

Yes it is a democracy. Everything you just mentioned what everyone is voting for.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1051099
Belgium
11/30/2012 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes it is a democracy. Everything you just mentioned what everyone is voting for.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

I know right, they all voted for the corporate asslickers republicans.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7570540
United States
11/30/2012 05:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you don't want to work for a company, you start your own business. The grunt hourly worker shouldn't be dictating how a business owner runs his company. Unions shouldn't move in and dictate how a business owner runs his company. There are enough government rules/laws now to follow - we don't need more.

I do agree that our lobbying system needs a little work. But it's not just businesses doing the lobbying and placing pressure on our lawmakers, either. The entire thing needs to be revisited.

That stuff? That's just BS.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
11/30/2012 05:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

I know right, they all voted for the corporate asslickers republicans.

The Democrats too. You're going to have to stop believing everything you hear from the media in Europe.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2012 06:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you agree to give up your God-given rights to adhere to a private company's policy, that is your decision.
Ironically, the people without degrees who chose a trade instead are extremely well off as they possess no college debt and some are even making 6-figure salaries.
Slavery is having an owner who pays you nothing for your labor. Having a job is optional, and you are given money in exchange. You have a choice as to what type of job you apply for, and therefore the income level you seek. The jobs are disappearing because we no longer have true Capitalism. As far as starving Americans, have you noticed how fat most of us are? The poorest ones being the biggest. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but starvation is just not accurate.

And no, we do't call ourselves a democracy. We're a constitutional republic that has forgotten its founding principles.
Burt Gummer

User ID: 7702124
United States
11/30/2012 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
good luck with that, each restaurant is basically a franchise not own by the corporation-self. owner of each place is required to buy product from the corporation in order to use their ''name'' brand...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12064276

As that franchise owner....if ANY of those union protesting freaks were from my store....I'd make sure they had no job when they walked back in.
 Quoting: Burt Gummer

She was nicer to the Union asshat than I would have been.

beat_brick
chobee

User ID: 4975925
United States
11/30/2012 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
How dare the slaves ask for a living wage!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8829929

Drop out of school, can not speak proper English and can't write or articulate a proper sentence, but wants to make as much as someone with a degree.
Makes sense to me.
So, go to Micky Dee's, order your Big Mac value meal for $17 and enjoy!
chobee
amywood71605

User ID: 28724744
United States
11/30/2012 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guess the Commie pawns never got the memo that fast food jobs are typically layovers for high school, college, or between-job employees. McDonald's is NOT a career path! At least, not in the country I grew up in.
 Quoting: Requiemdream

This is why things are so shitty - sadly, people have that mentality of "a job is better than nothing", and work 40 (or more) hours a week for shit wages, just to get by. I think EVERYONE should make a livable wage, period. Right now, even with college you'd be lucky to make that.
"Live each day like it's your last, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."

GO PATS!!
:Go Patriots!:
Kazz

User ID: 2145349
United States
11/30/2012 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would like to say that all union members are not blood sucking pigs like some of you make them. I'm in a union myself (Engineering) and working for a outsourced company in Detroit is very hard work. Some companies treat employees very shitty and a good union protects them. I've seen countless times a union save good people from mistreatment.

I know it will be near impossible for these guys to get a union being part of numerous franchises...but some people are dealt a shitty hand..or maybe they are working towards something. I commend them for trying, tis their right after-all.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22872667
United States
11/30/2012 07:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
They should get company cars also. Can you just imagine trying to get a big mac from a lazy union fuck.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28749409

So quick on the Union Trash Talk. But I sure didn't see a thread on the CEO's of Twinkies who are wanting million dollar bonuses or this:

[link to americablog.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27421594

That's the difference between a CEO and a plant worker. People have risen to the ranks from jobs like twinkie filler to CEO. Now the twinkie fillers want to by-pass the hard work that comes in between and make the big bucks immediately. It doesn't work like that. Everybody has to pay their dues.
geminilion

User ID: 12895036
United States
11/30/2012 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
fire them all and replace them. TONS of people would be there to take their place in an instant.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

Boss from my last job did that. Employees wanted to unionize the shop and made all the moves. He fired every last one of them and replaced them easily.

This all happened right before I was hired. He was a great boss and wasn't stingy with the raises and benefits.
..."The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."
Heraclitus
Burt Gummer

United States
11/30/2012 07:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
fire them all and replace them. TONS of people would be there to take their place in an instant.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

Boss from my last job did that. Employees wanted to unionize the shop and made all the moves. He fired every last one of them and replaced them easily.

This all happened right before I was hired. He was a great boss and wasn't stingy with the raises and benefits.
 Quoting: geminilion

That is the proper way to deal with the SHEEP and USEFUL IDIOTS who try to screw with your business and livelyhood. thumbs

Your boss deserves business from everyone who believes in what America USED to stand for.....FREEDOM and OPPORTUNITY for ALL.

Kudos to him. cheers

Last Edited by Useless Cookie Eater on 11/30/2012 07:50 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1145727
United States
11/30/2012 07:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
What skill do they bring to the table that deserves $15?
stella stevens

User ID: 1490898
Canada
11/30/2012 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think Michelle Obama is behind this.

first hostess
than fast food
next sugary drinks

she's the food czar, isn't she?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4428411
United States
11/30/2012 08:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
How dare the slaves ask for a living wage!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8829929

Drop out of school, can not speak proper English and can't write or articulate a proper sentence, but wants to make as much as someone with a degree.
Makes sense to me.
So, go to Micky Dee's, order your Big Mac value meal for $17 and enjoy!
 Quoting: chobee

I think you'd find that a lot of the people working at Mcdonalds are not drop outs, but are now people with bachelors degrees along with other qualifications.

Yes, they deserve a living wage if McDonalds is going to hire them for the position. As a matter of fact, anybody who WORKS deserves a LIVING wage, that is their right as a human being. If you work you should be paid enough to at least have a small apartment and feed yourself.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2012 08:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1145727

What skill do the executives bring to the table that deserves hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars per year? The skill that they just happened to get lucky?

Do you really think that those jobs are difficult? Those are the kind of jobs that you fall into because of networking, not because you are the smartest cookie.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/30/2012 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Honestly, I think that with the way the American people are being treated I wouldn't be surprised if there is a resurgence of unions. Corporate executives are taking advantage of people simply because they know we have no other choice.

I love it when the mouthpieces of the elite and rich come into threads like these and say "you think that these people should make a livable wage? They have no skills!" Do they work? Are they serving people, including yourself? Would you want to do the job?

I can understand people who say that Unions are a bad thing, because when they become corrupted they ARE. When they are a force for the workers and not for the Mafia or other organized crime I'd say that they are a force for good. Unions need to also be able to accept that certain things, such as pensions, are no longer viable. Living wages, though, certainly should be on the table!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27851254
United States
11/30/2012 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
i hope they get a raise, $9 an hour is horseshit, i wouldnt..couldnt work for that amount.

especially when we're talking about multi-billion dollar multi-national corporations..like mcd & kfc

their greed is stunning.

clearly why jesus said its easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to get into heaven.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19025462
United States
11/30/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't understand people on this site. First there's bitching about how all these people are on welfare eating up your tax dollars and how they are so worthless and how they need to get jobs etc. Then, when the people do get jobs but are still living on welfare, and they try to better their lives, people STILL bitch about them. This site makes me hate the human race.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1328514
United States
11/30/2012 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I recall a guy from the truckers' union on the radio complaining about the Mexican trucks on the roads. "The safety is bad! You're all gonna die!"

When they opened up the phone lines, person after person called in and handed him his ass. It was funny.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28256524

Whats funny is you belong to a Union and pay union dues. The "united" states. Time to bust this union too.
Burt Gummer

United States
11/30/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
i hope they get a raise, $9 an hour is horseshit, i wouldnt..couldnt work for that amount.

especially when we're talking about multi-billion dollar multi-national corporations..like mcd & kfc

their greed is stunning.

clearly why jesus said its easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to get into heaven.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27851254

Then you SHOULD go find other work.
McDonalds is not supposed to be a CAREER PATH you buffoon.
95% of them are TRANSIENT JOBS.

clues

Last Edited by Useless Cookie Eater on 11/30/2012 08:35 AM
Chris12138

User ID: 24350462
United States
11/30/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Prepare to pay $3 for your McDouble now New Yorkers.

cruise
INK3

User ID: 27337849
United States
11/30/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
15.00 dollars per hour? They are clearly insane.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Chris12138

User ID: 24350462
United States
11/30/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

their greed is stunning.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27851254

$9 an hour is pretty good for people that are typically 16 yrs old, ex-cons and have ZERO skills.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27851254
United States
11/30/2012 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1145727

What skill do the executives bring to the table that deserves hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars per year? The skill that they just happened to get lucky?

Do you really think that those jobs are difficult? Those are the kind of jobs that you fall into because of networking, not because you are the smartest cookie.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4428411

for real.

i've watched the show "undercover boss" a few times..the executives are always worthless & weak...and stupid to boot- they always act surprised when their greedy policies are wrecking the employees lifes and they claim "oh, i had no idea cutting staff to the bone would overwork people and cause shitty service"
pathetic lot they are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1328514
United States
11/30/2012 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Honestly, I think that with the way the American people are being treated I wouldn't be surprised if there is a resurgence of unions. Corporate executives are taking advantage of people simply because they know we have no other choice.

I love it when the mouthpieces of the elite and rich come into threads like these and say "you think that these people should make a livable wage? They have no skills!" Do they work? Are they serving people, including yourself? Would you want to do the job?

I can understand people who say that Unions are a bad thing, because when they become corrupted they ARE. When they are a force for the workers and not for the Mafia or other organized crime I'd say that they are a force for good. Unions need to also be able to accept that certain things, such as pensions, are no longer viable. Living wages, though, certainly should be on the table!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4428411

Yep, just like corrupt government. When they're not corrupt, they're good. It looks like both have passed the point of no return. Union Busting means the "UNITED" states too.

GLP