Geological storm wrecking the north west

Indego  (OP)

User ID: 26952081
United States
11/30/2012 02:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Geological storm wrecking the north west
I'm writing this from Wichita KS and -although here in SC KS we should be relatively safe from even a significant New Medrid event, Yellowstone is a very genuine concern.

All of the map projections I've seen of the extent of a YS caldera eruption indicate that even in NW KS we'd get about 18" of ashfall - here in Wichita we'd get perhaps a foot. Doesn't sound like much... but certainly enough to destroy air intakes of all machinery and cause unreinforced roofs to collapse.

Of course: all of this would be rendered moot within the following several weeks as the resultant acid rains would begin and the Earth's atmosphere starts to deteriorate to the point on uninhabitation.

So: in the longterm, A new mountain range rising from a New Madrid upheaval doesn't conern me too much.
 Quoting: Watching, Waiting... 28761715

Excuse me you mis understood one thing ... The new Madrid fault ... Think more like the American sea , the geological restructuring is the yellow stone region ... If and more so when ok faithful start spitting up debris ... Youd have very little time to contiplate the reality of a situation ...
Look at a map ... Add a sea where you know the new Madrid plate is and then diagonally down ( gravity) in a south easy manner add a mountain range ( similar to the hawiaiian islands in yellowstone park down the drought ridden south west... Or something relative to that effect

resist
VLR!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28606251
United States
11/30/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Theres smoke being blown by something around here thats for sure.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19710156

allow me .... bsflag

ok now OP, care to explain how you get a small 1.6 quake that's miles and miles away from the mountain and start telling people to bug out?

irresponsible fear monger!

that quakes was miles away to the NW of Seattle ya douche bag
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry guys- got off topic! Your all too serious n making me think that I might need to bug out but I don't feel like it because its rainy and windy cold!
 Quoting: DaiSeeDay

Right , cause it's going to be bright sunny gum drops and lollipops day when you actually do ... Jus sayin this that are aware make it ... The unaware could enough supplies hoarded away to sustain years but never use it because it was to "rainy" out to bug out ... So be aware or end up a well prepared corpse .

resist
VLR!!
Innards_outward

User ID: 24051435
United States
11/30/2012 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just got back from Rainy (Mt Rainer), its spewing out some sort of horrible gaslike music smell. I can actually hear the smell of alien anus butter. Hope it doesnt blow, that would be a shit storm and a partridge in a pear fucking tree let me tell ya what. Its ok, i have a titanium, double dipper, mach 2 umbrella that will shield me from the volcano butter.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26244868

Olaf?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 140450

My friends call me Oleo. You can call me Olaf if you want but that doesnt excuse the pursuant alchemy of dischordant tetonics likely to exsubirate a vile butter of the alien fundament precluded by a duplicitous generosity foreseen as a fervant display of belching paradox. Give or take.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28759181

Smashing observations of the current intestinal mixing of the grand multifunction gestational period of the situations underlying the homogeneous theory of gonzo lucidity of the current quote.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28606251
United States
11/30/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry guys- got off topic! Your all too serious n making me think that I might need to bug out but I don't feel like it because its rainy and windy cold!

OP is just yanking chains, relax ... as much as you can living near that volcano

pdx here btw
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bullshit, I'm in lakewood, wa right now as I post thos amd not one fucking thing is happening and its just barely raining
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1170019

Really and you can see the top of Rainer ...
Come on now it's never barely raining there it sealers wet out the fact is the size of the storm hitting that region is bringing low very low temps and snow (possibly mixed with ash) high winds and severe wind chills ...
They quakes are going to be nesecarily felt at a surface level but in the the core . The quakes will cause possible volcanic activity ... So take a look and see for yourself TWC should be showing coverage right now
VLR!!
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Theres smoke being blown by something around here thats for sure.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19710156

allow me .... bsflag

ok now OP, care to explain how you get a small 1.6 quake that's miles and miles away from the mountain and start telling people to bug out?

irresponsible fear monger!

that quakes was miles away to the NW of Seattle ya douche bag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28606251

Are up so naive to think that " oh I
Miles away from the quake(and mean like 20-50) don't you realize this quake ripple started something like 3000 km or 2200 miles away ... What's 20 miles in comparison .... The vibrations from the shock of the magma ripples hitting the bases and walls of the under ground portions of this mountainous region (actually volcanic) penetrating it's shell and sending debris into the air .... ( an eruption) the point is not that all that just happened omg ... But it's is plausible that it very well could happen ... With all the activity that's has been happening in the past weeks around the Madrid faults ( giant sinkholes forming in region) and then the depths of range of the Fiji or new Zealand quakes don't be a dumb ass ... Shits gettin real ... And it's not a fuckin movie you canturn off

resist

Last Edited by Indego on 11/30/2012 02:57 AM
VLR!!
Morpheus

User ID: 729560
Canada
11/30/2012 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sure your not talking about something else that blows?

The corithian paradigm exists as it does fortuitiously unfathomed regarding the systemic albatross that coexists with asymmetry squared in half the time it takes for light too inundate mass impermeable to itself as you will. So too speak.

When you say corithian.......do you mean corinthian? As in fine corinthian leather that Ricardo Montoban talked about when he did the commercial for the Chrysler Cordoba ?
Morpheus

User ID: 729560
Canada
11/30/2012 02:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nice post OP.

I think we are in for a suprise of some sort.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9258462
United States
11/30/2012 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

The corithian paradigm exists as it does fortuitiously unfathomed regarding the systemic albatross that coexists with asymmetry squared in half the time it takes for light too inundate mass impermeable to itself as you will. So too speak.

When you say corithian.......do you mean corinthian? As in fine corinthian leather that Ricardo Montoban talked about when he did the commercial for the Chrysler Cordoba ?
 Quoting: Morpheus

Jess, jesss 'twas so luxurious this Corinthian leather.
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nice post OP.

I think we are in for a suprise of some sort.
 Quoting: Morpheus

Possible very ... Possible
resist
VLR!!
Esoteric Morgan
...in awe of many things

User ID: 26943919
United States
11/30/2012 03:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
With all that we are going through on the East Coast in the aftermath of Sandy, I would not wish any storm on even one other person, anywhere.

So much is lost, so much has changed, and, now sinkholes are appearing all over.

Infrastructure has been compromised so badly, I can't imagine how long it will take to fix, replace and upgrade essential services.

Meanwhile, so many people are no where near getting their life back. Insurance companies are balking, and many construction companies and contractors are screwing people over. I hear this over and over again every day at my job, from people calling in need of tree repair and removal. In the face of turmoil, in come the vermin. It's heartbreaking.

=============================================

I wish all of you in this new system's path a safe experience, without damage. hf
-- TRUST THE PLAN --
.......WWG1WGA......
United States
11/30/2012 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
With all that we are going through on the East Coast in the aftermath of Sandy, I would not wish any storm on even one other person, anywhere.

So much is lost, so much has changed, and, now sinkholes are appearing all over.

Infrastructure has been compromised so badly, I can't imagine how long it will take to fix, replace and upgrade essential services.

Meanwhile, so many people are no where near getting their life back. Insurance companies are balking, and many construction companies and contractors are screwing people over. I hear this over and over again every day at my job, from people calling in need of tree repair and removal. In the face of turmoil, in come the vermin. It's heartbreaking.

I wish all of you in this new system's path a safe experience, without damage. hf
 Quoting: Esoteric Morgan

Seriousness aside... corvo will be along to clear the weepers. Stay away from the rat hoards though >.>
DaiSeeDay

User ID: 1157713
United States
11/30/2012 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Right , cause it's going to be bright sunny gum drops and lollipops day when you actually do ... Jus sayin this that are aware make it ... The unaware could enough supplies hoarded away to sustain years but never use it because it was to "rainy" out to bug out ... So be aware or end up a well prepared corpse .

resist
 Quoting: Indego

OP I getcha! Why else am I on this site but to be aware duh!!! and I am prepared but if you can't have a laugh even in the midst of horror - why live!!!
~~Love Is The Root Of True Happiness~~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17399035
United States
11/30/2012 03:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Check this out: Upswing in Earthquakes in Long Valley Caldera region in California

[link to www.theweatherspace.com]

shocked
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Esoteric Morgan

Sweet, but not realistic. It has to break completely to fix it correctly ... A natural disaster is a way out with out claiming economic failure but more a re- alignment of the states and establishment of new territories ... The fact is , as America stand there is no foreseeable repair just slowing the decent down the drain ... Sure they could print every body a million dollars but that just means it'll cost you a million dollars to buy a loaf of bread.
So realisticlly thinking a complete collapse or governmental pause would allow the establishment of a better global economy . And what better way than an act of God foretold in every recognized holy scripture ... It makes so much sense it's amazing and accepting the reality of it all ... Enlightening
resist
VLR!!
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/30/2012 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

OP is just yanking chains, relax ... as much as you can living near that volcano

pdx here btw

OP is just a little to serious and your closer to that volcano than I am. I'm south of you closer to Mt. Shasta that might get 18 feet of snow by this weekend! :)
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

resist

OP I getcha! Why else am I on this site but to be aware duh!!! and I am prepared but if you can't have a laugh even in the midst of horror - why live!!!

One of my preps is a bag of afghan kush and a proper bowl ... So of course lighten up relax but be ready ...
resist
VLR!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20053617
United States
11/30/2012 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

pdx here btw

OP is just a little to serious and your closer to that volcano than I am. I'm south of you closer to Mt. Shasta that might get 18 feet of snow by this weekend! :)

I think you meant "too" as it is meant as an inclusive word.

Here you go: [link to www.grammar-monster.com]

Grammar crisis averted :)
Indego  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

pdx here btw

Yes I kno ., if it drops below the 4km ... It's going to be disastrous .... We're talking mud slide floods and avalanches ... Not to mention the structural damage to any building or home in it's wake ... So keep it posted ... That's all tied into the same region and storm that's being discussed ... No bs they said sandy was three storms in one this one is five storms in one in one of the mostseismiclly active areas in the world ... Think about this the waves crashing from sandy were registering on the rictor scale ... What do you thinks going to happen when those waves start crashing on the shores of an already seismically active coastline ... Do I need to draw you a picture or do you get the point
resist
VLR!!
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/30/2012 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

resist

One of my preps is a bag of afghan kush and a proper bowl ... So of course lighten up relax but be ready ...
resist

I prefer sativas but a good kush helps me sleep! proper bowl? :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10783814
United States
11/30/2012 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just got back from Rainy (Mt Rainer), its spewing out some sort of horrible gaslike music smell. I can actually hear the smell of alien anus butter. Hope it doesnt blow, that would be a shit storm and a partridge in a pear fucking tree let me tell ya what. Its ok, i have a titanium, double dipper, mach 2 umbrella that will shield me from the volcano butter.

So your saying you can see activity (smoke) rising from the top of mt rainer ?

resist

LMAO
Possum

User ID: 28752383
Australia
11/30/2012 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read this here: [link to www.examiner.com]
The action starts December 12 2012!!

"Mr. Kane describes the “Council of Twelve” as stating that during the nine days from December 12, 2012 (12/12/12) to December 21, 2012, the planet Earth will split dimensionally into two separate Earths, each of which has different dimensional frequencies. Mr. Kane describes this as a process analogous to the way that a single cell can split into two cells.

According to the “Council of Twelve,” humans with a consciousness anchored in fear will remain in the third dimensional Earth. Individuals who are experiencing a “conscious awakening” and putting an effort into being conscious of the shift will migrate into the new dimension of the fifth dimensional Earth. "

There may be huge earthquakes(Mag 8-10) starting from December 12 2012 due to Earth ascending to the 5th dimension!!!! gaspgaspshockedshockedalonescaredahhh
 Quoting: Solar Guardian

Thanks for this article - some interesting shit going on which seems to resonate with all the other stuff relating to this time period. It seems to coincidental for all these different stories to all seem to be pointing in the same direction. WOW!hf
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
Albert Einstein
The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there.
Stigmata
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2230505
United States
11/30/2012 03:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

pdx here btw

Yes I kno ., if it drops below the 4km ... It's going to be disastrous .... We're talking mud slide floods and avalanches ... Not to mention the structural damage to any building or home in it's wake ... So keep it posted ... That's all tied into the same region and storm that's being discussed ... No bs they said sandy was three storms in one this one is five storms in one in one of the mostseismiclly active areas in the world ... Think about this the waves crashing from sandy were registering on the rictor scale ... What do you thinks going to happen when those waves start crashing on the shores of an already seismically active coastline ... Do I need to draw you a picture or do you get the point
resist

I had a thought that the rain would lube up the fault or something, but this makes more sense. san andreas fault line is in for some stress
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28436836
Canada
11/30/2012 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
11pmest
Aprox 77 minutes ago a quake in new Zealand started a chain reaction of quakes that has woken the dormant volcanoes that are Washington state with a notable jolt ... Waking the giant ... With the current state that this continent is In ( with the sink hole plus seismic activity ) and the storm front. In fact this monster storm could be a geological storm with lava landslide floods avalanches and what could end up ripping the country in twain ... The quake that started this ironiclly struck Washington state 69 minutes after the new Zealand quake ... That in theory mean the current of the molten material is traveling at a speed of more than a thousand miles an hour ( 3500mph) ten times the speed of yesterday's quake that hit the new Madrid . The difference is the depth ... Yesterdays were a combined depth of 960 km where as today's were a combine depth of 360km. The depth determines the direction of the current the magma flows ... Yesterdays slid under the Nevada faults .. But today it hit right above the 500km line ... Sending the current north and into the volcanic mountains of Washington .
If any body can even see the top of mt Rainer ... ( weather out there right now is historic) check and see is there smoke rising from the top . If there is ..... Get out of there .

[link to quakes.globalincidentmap.com]

[link to www.weather.com]

we didn't have a quake today
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 664728

Premise of this hilarious thread was an imaginary earthquake in New Zealand. I love GLP so much sometimes...
Enjoying it with my first cup of coffee for the day! Merry Christmas to all!
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/30/2012 03:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

pdx here btw

I think you meant "too" as it is meant as an inclusive word.

Here you go: [link to www.grammar-monster.com]

Grammar crisis averted :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20053617

So sorry but I don't have the best grammer! My mother was German and couldn't help me with my schooling and my dad was never home to help. I try my best.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2116087
United States
11/30/2012 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

"to," not "too."
"so-to-speak," not "so too speak."
DaiSeeDay

United States
11/30/2012 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

pdx here btw

resist

OP I'm listening but why don't they even have a name for this storm and why are there not very many posts here on GLP about it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
11/30/2012 03:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
11pmest
Aprox 77 minutes ago a quake in new Zealand started a chain reaction of quakes that has woken the dormant volcanoes that are Washington state with a notable jolt ... Waking the giant ... With the current state that this continent is In ( with the sink hole plus seismic activity ) and the storm front. In fact this monster storm could be a geological storm with lava landslide floods avalanches and what could end up ripping the country in twain ... The quake that started this ironiclly struck Washington state 69 minutes after the new Zealand quake ... That in theory mean the current of the molten material is traveling at a speed of more than a thousand miles an hour ( 3500mph) ten times the speed of yesterday's quake that hit the new Madrid . The difference is the depth ... Yesterdays were a combined depth of 960 km where as today's were a combine depth of 360km. The depth determines the direction of the current the magma flows ... Yesterdays slid under the Nevada faults .. But today it hit right above the 500km line ... Sending the current north and into the volcanic mountains of Washington .
If any body can even see the top of mt Rainer ... ( weather out there right now is historic) check and see is there smoke rising from the top . If there is ..... Get out of there .

[link to quakes.globalincidentmap.com]

[link to www.weather.com]

we didn't have a quake today
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 664728

we have lots of very small unfelt quakes all the time

but we did not have any sort of newsworthy quake --not today and not recently at all

your link may be under NZ jurisdiction but it isn't on the north or south island

I think only some birds live there

have a look at your link
Huh?

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov]
 Quoting: Isis One
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 27906589
United States
11/30/2012 04:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

Somebody went psilocybin mushroom picking today. ;)
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.

GLP