Hello Christians and believers in the Truth

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4490820
United States
11/30/2012 06:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Hello Christians and believers in the Truth
I was just wondering if any of you knew of any good videos on youtube or some other website that explains more about Jesus, the Bible and how to walk with God. Maybe even a book I could read, but I was looking for more of a series of videos so I could just watch and learn. I want to become closer with God, but since I don't go to church, I'm horrible at praying :/ and don't have any christian friends it's hard. Reading the Bible alone is hard because it not easy to understand and I am fairly new at this. I wish I had someone that could explain things to me better. I want to live for Jesus every single day, and I have confessed to the Lord that I want this, but I still feel alone and somewhat empty. I must not be doing something right. Thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21656968
United States
11/30/2012 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Hello Christians and believers in the Truth
URANTIA
Life and Love

User ID: 5086039
United States
11/30/2012 06:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was just wondering if any of you knew of any good videos on youtube or some other website that explains more about Jesus, the Bible and how to walk with God. Maybe even a book I could read, but I was looking for more of a series of videos so I could just watch and learn. I want to become closer with God, but since I don't go to church, I'm horrible at praying :/ and don't have any christian friends it's hard. Reading the Bible alone is hard because it not easy to understand and I am fairly new at this. I wish I had someone that could explain things to me better. I want to live for Jesus every single day, and I have confessed to the Lord that I want this, but I still feel alone and somewhat empty. I must not be doing something right. Thanks
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4490820

Try here: [link to www.lifestream.org]

If you are new to faith, you will hear some unfamiliar terms and thoughts. Just listen through the series. I think you'll find it helpful.
We become like that to which we are devoted. - Choose wisely.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22146748
United States
11/30/2012 06:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
angel3This website has been around for some time, opie, and I've RARELY seen it send someone in the right direction.

You will get a lot of self-absorbed rubbish about following yourself, and how God (and Christ) are 'fairy tales'.

If you are in fact genuine...I have good news for you.

You don't need any videos; the Truth will literally come to you, if you pray for it.

It can be a long and frustrating road, but patience is key.

Pray daily-even a few times-for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to enter you. Pray for God to show you the path, and to show you what you can do to better serve Him.

Pray, and ask. You will be blown AWAY by the results, if you try hard to believe and focus on it. I'm not kidding; prayer has done AMAZING things in my life, that were undoubtedly a result of praying. Reach up to Him in your mind and heart and just talk to Him.

Scripture will slowly become more clear, and you will just..understand.

If you turn to random people-like this website-or random videos, you will be at a constant risk of being led astray...chasing after fantasies, as opposed to the True path.

It really is an enigma, and difficult to line yourself up with God. This is why so many people give up and turn to the easier-to-do anti-God philosophies (science, void, etc.....by the way, science is fine...as long as you realize that it IS God behind it). Don't give up, and keep buried within you that secret little FACT that you know God is there, and that you TRUST Him to lead you to Him.

Pray in the name of Jesus Christ. You will come to understand Him in time...I certainly didn't for YEARS, but when I really started to try...it...it just happened.

I could go on for hours, but I've certainly left enough here for the common atheist to pick apart....You'll find that the more resistance, doubting and arguing you hear from them, that the closer you are to the Truth.

Many will try to divert and confuse you. This is where you step back, and rely on the simple fact that God is ALL, and comprised of LOVE. He won't leave you hanging. In times it will appear that way, and your faith is likely being tested....but this life is SoooooOOOOo short compared to the True life beyond these human bodies.

Pray. Talk to Him. Ask Him to show you the Way. Then, work to believing and understanding that He CAN hear you, and will respond. Maybe not right away, and the more inclined you are to giving up or saying 'fuck it', the longer it might take, to make that leap in Faith all the sweeter. You'll see.

Finally, understand that there's a REASON so few are actually right, and in tune with God through His son. This is because it's one hell of a rough road to get right. You'll know you're right when it's not a 'church', or 'video' that tells you how it is, but that wonderful, subtle inner-voice of God Himself within you showing you the Way.

If you listen, and still your mind, you can probably begin hearing Him now. It's a voice we as humans rarely WANT to follow, because our nature has devolved over time. We really are a selfish, gold hungry race. When He enters us, and rearranges things to allow the Holy Spirit to fit, that's when our transformations begin. Small at first, and next thing you know you'll be honestly seeking good things.

Don't be afraid to read the bible. There's a TON of controversy over what was taken out, re-written, etc., but the simple fact remains that the testament of Jesus Christ is there, and what you need to find Him is still there.

I know i said finally awhile ago, but these are things to certainly consider if you want eternal life.

Some of glp's wackiness is spot on-namely parts about this being a simulation of sorts, and a test. It is. Your life is very, very brief compared to what's REALLY going on behind the curtain. Get it right while you're here, that's why you came in the first place.

I'd love more than anything to stick around and answer questions, but I'm already 5 hours overdue for sleep, and have quite a lot to deal with tomorrow.

I'll peek tomorrow at this thread when I get a chance to see if you were in fact genuine. I'd like to think so.

Finally-for real this time-, be careful what you take to heart here at glp. Despite how this SOUNDS, there aren't many around here who will lead you in the right direction, but if you're praying, and inwardly seeking God, He will help you to see who they are. Once you've started, as it appears you have, be prepared for anything to try and divert or trick you. Consider that part of the test, and keep seeking God, through His Son, Jesus Christ.

I'll add you to my prayers.

angel3
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22146748
United States
11/30/2012 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh, and one more thing: watch out for the Catholic church. The people are really devout, and usually decent, but the leaders are self absorbed and evil.

The New Testament (especially the Revelation of John) is full of little riddles talking about evil forces, and to date have all been fufilled to a 'T' by the catholic church. They've altered the original 10 commandments, and changed the day of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Openly. They worship idols. Pretty much the MAIN things the bible warns you to avoid are within the Catholic church, and the vatican.

Money and power are their aims, not God. I would sternly recommend you avoid joining any Catholic churches. Again...you can/will find Him through praying, and reading a little scripture here and there. Start with the 4 Gospels, or the stories of the life of Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry if any Catholics here are offended by me saying this, but honestly, with everything you've learned, you should know better about the Vatican. When He said, "Come out of her my people", I'm still torn between wether it means the Catholic church, or America itself. Well, one is certainly a little easier to escape, and a little quicker to show it's true colours if you look for them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27523436
United States
11/30/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 536850
United States
11/30/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pray to the heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Talk to him as the loving Father that he is. Tell him your worst secrets, repent and ask Jesus to lead you, to literally come into your heart. Be thankful(verbally) all through each day, praise Jesus for every blessing you have. Notice your blessings and declare them as God given. Hold Jesus in your mind as your leader, redeemer, savior, from whence all you need comes. Tell him you love him. Think about this...we all want and desperately need to be loved and understood...so does he. Don't approach him only when you need something...honor him each day, many times, as often as you feel the thirst. Give him all the Glory. After all it's not about us...it's all about HIM. Once you get comfortable with a personal relationship, you will notice that you are constantly being led to the right book, tape, Bible or people. The more you follow Jesus, the more you will want to, need to, and finally realize that he has made you whole. Listen to Christian music. I have been blessed over and over by the lyrics of Christian music, it is a ministry in itself. I have witnessed miracles through prayer and not just believing, but knowing that Jesus will answer, always. He doesn't always answer in just the way you imagined...but in the way that is his will, and later you see that he was right...he always is. You will also be given tests, like an idea comes into your mind and you sort of ignore it, or don't feel comfortable, but he will not let up til you listen...this is him trying to teach you obediance(very hard for me) but everytime I have done his will, I have seen miracles. He always finds a way. Don't give up, keep seeking, praying and READ the Bible. Some of it you won't understand, put your hand over that passage and ask Jesus to help you understand...sooner or later a lightbulb will come on in the last place you expected. Listen to Jesus...Peace will come to you. Love, in Christ, Penny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27748702
United States
11/30/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
See above two posts....very good advice.

Pray for wisdom (James Chp 1). The indwelling Holy Spirit will help you understand the Scriptures. This is also something King Solomon asked for......and it was pleasing to God.

Each day God give us the choice.......to either walk in the Spirit......or in the flesh.

You day will go smoother if you pray to God each day that He would fill you with the Holy Spirit......and that the Spirit wouuld take control of your thoughts, actions, feelings, etc.

When a person gives their life to Christ......they are immediately baptized in the Spirit......indwelt by the Spirit forever.

However.....there is evil in our flesh......and a constant battle between the Spirit and the flesh.

When you get involved in sin.......you quench the Spirit.

"Do not quench the Spirit." (1 Thess. 5:19)

Even a bad thought is a sin.....and the flesh can bring these on. We cannot in our own human strength control our thoughts......but the Spirit can. Therefore ask God each day to be filled with His Spirit......to walk in the Spirit.

See Romans Chp 7 about the evil in the flesh. Our physical bodies are in fact dead because of it.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5: 16)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
11/30/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hi OP, go to youtube and type in Mike Hoggard and start watching his videos. He's the best teacher I've found online.

Here is the link to his website, [link to visitbethelchurch.com] and you can watch and listen to all of his sermons there for free.

He also has a huge list of books and DVD's that they will send to you for free. Here is the list [link to visitbethelchurch.com]

He is a true man of God, I hope this helps.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26667528
United States
11/30/2012 07:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Jesus is Lord
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/02/2012 08:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
angel3This website has been around for some time, opie, and I've RARELY seen it send someone in the right direction.

You will get a lot of self-absorbed rubbish about following yourself, and how God (and Christ) are 'fairy tales'.

If you are in fact genuine...I have good news for you.

You don't need any videos; the Truth will literally come to you, if you pray for it.

It can be a long and frustrating road, but patience is key.

Pray daily-even a few times-for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to enter you. Pray for God to show you the path, and to show you what you can do to better serve Him.

Pray, and ask. You will be blown AWAY by the results, if you try hard to believe and focus on it. I'm not kidding; prayer has done AMAZING things in my life, that were undoubtedly a result of praying. Reach up to Him in your mind and heart and just talk to Him.

Scripture will slowly become more clear, and you will just..understand.

If you turn to random people-like this website-or random videos, you will be at a constant risk of being led astray...chasing after fantasies, as opposed to the True path.

It really is an enigma, and difficult to line yourself up with God. This is why so many people give up and turn to the easier-to-do anti-God philosophies (science, void, etc.....by the way, science is fine...as long as you realize that it IS God behind it). Don't give up, and keep buried within you that secret little FACT that you know God is there, and that you TRUST Him to lead you to Him.

Pray in the name of Jesus Christ. You will come to understand Him in time...I certainly didn't for YEARS, but when I really started to try...it...it just happened.

I could go on for hours, but I've certainly left enough here for the common atheist to pick apart....You'll find that the more resistance, doubting and arguing you hear from them, that the closer you are to the Truth.

Many will try to divert and confuse you. This is where you step back, and rely on the simple fact that God is ALL, and comprised of LOVE. He won't leave you hanging. In times it will appear that way, and your faith is likely being tested....but this life is SoooooOOOOo short compared to the True life beyond these human bodies.

Pray. Talk to Him. Ask Him to show you the Way. Then, work to believing and understanding that He CAN hear you, and will respond. Maybe not right away, and the more inclined you are to giving up or saying 'fuck it', the longer it might take, to make that leap in Faith all the sweeter. You'll see.

Finally, understand that there's a REASON so few are actually right, and in tune with God through His son. This is because it's one hell of a rough road to get right. You'll know you're right when it's not a 'church', or 'video' that tells you how it is, but that wonderful, subtle inner-voice of God Himself within you showing you the Way.

If you listen, and still your mind, you can probably begin hearing Him now. It's a voice we as humans rarely WANT to follow, because our nature has devolved over time. We really are a selfish, gold hungry race. When He enters us, and rearranges things to allow the Holy Spirit to fit, that's when our transformations begin. Small at first, and next thing you know you'll be honestly seeking good things.

Don't be afraid to read the bible. There's a TON of controversy over what was taken out, re-written, etc., but the simple fact remains that the testament of Jesus Christ is there, and what you need to find Him is still there.

I know i said finally awhile ago, but these are things to certainly consider if you want eternal life.

Some of glp's wackiness is spot on-namely parts about this being a simulation of sorts, and a test. It is. Your life is very, very brief compared to what's REALLY going on behind the curtain. Get it right while you're here, that's why you came in the first place.

I'd love more than anything to stick around and answer questions, but I'm already 5 hours overdue for sleep, and have quite a lot to deal with tomorrow.

I'll peek tomorrow at this thread when I get a chance to see if you were in fact genuine. I'd like to think so.

Finally-for real this time-, be careful what you take to heart here at glp. Despite how this SOUNDS, there aren't many around here who will lead you in the right direction, but if you're praying, and inwardly seeking God, He will help you to see who they are. Once you've started, as it appears you have, be prepared for anything to try and divert or trick you. Consider that part of the test, and keep seeking God, through His Son, Jesus Christ.

I'll add you to my prayers.

angel3
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22146748

Thanks so much for your post. I'm copying it into word and saving it. It's great encouragement and advice
WalkerTalker2

User ID: 28731015
United States
12/02/2012 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Greetings in Jesus name,OP! My advice--this is the Lords day- find a good bible teaching church and go there today! Most have morning services around 10 am - if you get there early- visit with someone on staff- an usher or Pastor. My favorite pick if I was new would be Foursquare or Calvary chapel- these are in most cities. I wont be long and have you read a drawl here--God- so many are loooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg winded--keep it simple OP! Get a good bible-- do you have a christian music station in your area? Google K Love and Air 1, and WAY FM.....all these are good listening-- you can listen online too.....Jesus is coming soon!! He loves us so much- here is my favorite website for testamonies!!
[link to www.spiritlessons.com]

dont be a stranger- get out there and meet people, study and you'll be fine!
WalkerTalker2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28771035
Spain
12/02/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Try this, and discard most of the posts above.

Thread: Ron Wyatt discussesJESUS's blood sample.
Dried Up Hag

User ID: 1443836
United States
12/02/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.hallvworthington.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/02/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks everyone for helping me. :)
Voice In The Wilderness

User ID: 21288231
United States
12/02/2012 08:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would encourage you to watch some presentations from Pastor Doug Bachelor. He is specifically great for new babes in Christ. His messages are very clear, easy to understand, and straight from the Bible.

Here is his ministry's website, though you can find tons of his presentations on youtube. [link to www.amazingfacts.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28909890
Australia
12/02/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh, and one more thing: watch out for the Catholic church. The people are really devout, and usually decent, but the leaders are self absorbed and evil.

The New Testament (especially the Revelation of John) is full of little riddles talking about evil forces, and to date have all been fufilled to a 'T' by the catholic church. They've altered the original 10 commandments, and changed the day of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Openly. They worship idols. Pretty much the MAIN things the bible warns you to avoid are within the Catholic church, and the vatican.

Money and power are their aims, not God. I would sternly recommend you avoid joining any Catholic churches. Again...you can/will find Him through praying, and reading a little scripture here and there. Start with the 4 Gospels, or the stories of the life of Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry if any Catholics here are offended by me saying this, but honestly, with everything you've learned, you should know better about the Vatican. When He said, "Come out of her my people", I'm still torn between wether it means the Catholic church, or America itself. Well, one is certainly a little easier to escape, and a little quicker to show it's true colours if you look for them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22146748

2 Peter 2:[1] But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there shall be among you lying teachers, who shall bring in sects of perdition, and deny the Lord who bought them: bringing upon themselves swift destruction.[2] And many shall follow their riotousnesses, through whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. [3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you. Whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their perdition slumbereth not.

Matthew 16: [18] And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.[19] And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven. [20] Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

who founded your church?

[link to www.youtube.com]

The Catholic church has not changed the Sabbath day.
The seventh day sabbath has always been Sunday (the seventh day of the week, Sat 6pm/sunset-Sun 6pm/sunset.)
Just as the Bible tells us.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2113472
United States
12/02/2012 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
www.rbc.org

They publish a wonderful little booklet called

"Our Daily Bread"

It is an invaluable resource to me for meaning and

understanding God's word, The Bible!
Understudy
User ID: 28910813
United Kingdom
12/02/2012 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

You will only need the kjv Bible, start your reading at Romans the first four chapters will give you the salvation, then you must become established in the faith, and you shall accomplish that by your study, matthew,mark,luke and john are essential for your knowledge.
Pappion
User ID: 1880435
United States
12/02/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you were saved by grace/Spirit you need to walk in that and avoid organized religion. Jesus, said the Spirit will teach you and evil men say a profession clergyman will teach you, you decide.
Nothing
User ID: 9906991
United States
12/02/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Find a Bible and open to the chapter of John in the new testament.

There are far too many wolves in sheep's clothing here.
Understudy
United Kingdom
12/02/2012 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Find a Bible and open to the chapter of John in the new testament.

There are far too many wolves in sheep's clothing here.
 Quoting: Nothing 9906991

i presume you dont know that peter, john and james are under the law, and gentiles are not. we are saved by faith and not of works, asking is a work and so is water baptism.
Son of Man

User ID: 28909890
Australia
12/02/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you were saved by grace/Spirit you need to walk in that and avoid organized religion. Jesus, said the Spirit will teach you and evil men say a profession clergyman will teach you, you decide.
 Quoting: Pappion 1880435

Oh Lord My Redeemer

[link to www.youtube.com]

Acts Of Apostles 20:[26] Wherefore I take you to witness this day, that I am clear from the blood of all men; [27] For I have not spared to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

[28] Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

[29] I know that, after my departure, ravening wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock. [30] And of your own selves shall arise men speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Luke 13:[23] And a certain man said to him: Lord, are they few that are saved? But he said to them: [24] Strive to enter by the narrow gate; for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter, and shall not be able.

[25] But when the master of the house shall be gone in, and shall shut the door, you shall begin to stand without, and knock at the door, saying: Lord, open to us. And he answering, shall say to you: I know you not, whence you are.

[26] Then you shall begin to say: We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. [27] And he shall say to you: I know you not, whence you are: depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. [28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth,

popepopepope
1 Chronicles 16:22 Touch not my anointed: and do no evil to my prophets.
Colossians 2:[21] Touch not, taste not, handle not:

Thread: Thus saith the LORD: Behold I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.

Thread: Jesus began to preach, and to say: Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

Thread: Hell is real and most people are just a breath away from it. Ignorance is no excuse.

3 Kings (1 Kings) 18: [15] And Elias said: As the Lord of hosts liveth, before whose face I stand, this day.

Amos 3:7 For the Lord God doth nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

BEHOLD! THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND!

Matthew 10: [34] Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

Jeremias (Jeremiah) 25: [27] And thou shalt say to them: Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel: Drink ye, and be drunken, and vomit: and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword, which I shall send among you.
[28] And if they refuse to take the cup at thy hand to drink, thou shalt say to them: Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Drinking you shall drink:

Jeremias (Jeremiah) 22:[29] O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord.

Ezechiel (Ezeckiel) 39: [8] Behold it cometh, and it is done, saith the Lord God: this is the day whereof I have spoken.

2 Corinthians 11:31
The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed for ever, knoweth that I lie not.

Matthew 26:[46] Rise, let us go: behold he is at hand that will betray me.[47] As he yet spoke, behold Judas, one of
the twelve, came.

Aggeus (Haggai) 2: [7] For thus saith the Lord of hosts: Yet one little while, and I will move the heaven and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land.

(Isaiah) 24:[3] With desolation shall the earth be laid waste, and it shall be utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

Zacharias (Zachariah) 13:7
Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that cleaveth to me, saith the Lord of hosts: strike the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered:

Ezechiel (Ezeckiel) 18:32
For I desire not the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God, return ye and live.
V.R.S. N.S.M.V. S.M.Q.L. I.V.B. N.D.S.M.D. C.S.S.M.L. C.S.P.B.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28917277
South Africa
12/02/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.davidjeremiah.org]

Matthew 21:21-22 (Bible KJV)

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Understudy
United Kingdom
12/02/2012 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28917277

From the death on the cross its faith in the blood. you can ask the father for understanding but its no part in your salvation, we are saved by GODS GRACE and FAITH in JESUS and his BLOOD, and not of WORKS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28922911
South Africa
12/02/2012 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28917277

From the death on the cross its faith in the blood. you can ask the father for understanding but its no part in your salvation, we are saved by GODS GRACE and FAITH in JESUS and his BLOOD, and not of WORKS.
 Quoting: Understudy 28910813
I agree

We are justified by having faith in Jesus Christ, thereby having access to the grace of God.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7254491
United States
12/02/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21689021
United Kingdom
12/02/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Heart2410

User ID: 1917743
United States
12/02/2012 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you have a smart phone there are lots of free bible apps. I use The Bible App that is based off the online Bible at www.youversion.com. I like it because it is easy to use and offers many versions and languages.
Walk the footsteps of a stranger and you will learn things you never knew you never knew. -Pocahontas
Zerubbabel

User ID: 28707496
United States
12/02/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have to laugh at all the "advice" you are getting and where to go to find "truth". I am a Seventh Day Adventist and have been for over 40 years. Although we are perhaps one of the very few denominations who really ARE "Sola Scriptura" (Bible alone for doctrinal truth), our church is in deep crisis right now--as are most other churches. Just remember one very important thing. The walk with the Lord is a progressive one. There is no ONE magic bullet to cure everybody's needs. I have gone to many churches to seek what it is that makes them what they are. Without exception, ALL of today's churches are under Satanic attack. Most would deny this, but when they put aside the plain teachings of Scripture for a "religious feeling", "fellowship", "gifts", etc; then they are placing themselves on Satan's ground and ripening themselves for deception and delusion.

The Scriptures are very personal. You may read it one day and get something specific to your needs. You may read the exact same passage at a later time, and you will receive what your need is for that particular time. This is the advice I give to many who are seeking to "speak" with God:

Go to a safe and secure place that you are comfortable with and pray to the FATHER in Jesus's name. Lay out to Him what is in your heart. Ask questions that you need answers to and ask Him what is preventing you from having a complete experience in Christ. This is what is referred to as "a prayer closet". Pray to the Lord in secret, and He will answer you "openly". After this sincere prayer, open up the Scriptures ANYWHERE and expect the Lord to speak to you (via His word) CLEARLY as to what you are and where you are at in your walk. What is needed on your part is to be open to what He is saying--even if it is reaming you a new.... THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO SEE AND HEAR. Once you have admitted that this is, indeed, "who you are", this is what is called true repentence. Only the Lord can bring you to repentence. Only the Lord can bring you to prayer. Only the Lord can forgive your sin. Only the Lord can show you that HE truly IS.

Once your "doubts" are behind you (doubts about self as well as about God), then you will begin to "grow" in Christ. Few people can hide this new light that they are receiving. They 'HAVE TO' share it. Be prepared to see that many (if not most) do not have this experience. Those who find it, not one thing in life is worth losing it. Non angels, nor powers, nor principalities will be able to separate you from your God. You really DO become a new creature. The "old man" that you were will constantly seek to reestablish its old position in the heart, but you must greet it with a "this sayeth the Lord."

Once you have established this relationship with God, you will see Him and hear Him everywhere. The Scriptures tell us that His VOICE will follow us everywhere and tell us which way to turn. This is an AUDIBLE voice, but it is a "still small voice" that you must be trying hard to hear. This is not a "litmus test" such as having to "speak in tongues" in order to be considered "saved". This is life and death. Only HE can lead you to life. All other ways lead only to death. There really is only ONE WAY. It's up to you to find it. There are many blessings promised to those who seek it and find it "with every power on the stretch". Benchwarmers who think that they have "made it" will find that He will say to them: "Depart frm Me, I never knew you."
The TRUTH is stranger than FICTION.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1547099
United States
12/02/2012 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Video Bible: New Beginnings

[link to archive.org]

GLP