Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,584 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 272,988
Pageviews Today: 434,568Threads Today: 136Posts Today: 2,219
05:32 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Protests Continue in Egypt after a Islamist-dominated panel rushed through a draft constitution

KoFFee_
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1373078
United States
11/30/2012 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Protests Continue in Egypt after a Islamist-dominated panel rushed through a draft constitution
Egyptian activists were to rally Friday after a Islamist-dominated panel rushed through a draft constitution, escalating the political stand-off between President Mohammed Morsi and his opposition.

A spokesman for former Arab League chief Amr Moussa said the opposition leader would later Friday head a march to Tahrir Square, where activists are staging a sit-in protest against a decree by Morsi granting himself broad powers that shield his decisions from judicial review.

Other protest groups are planning their own marches Friday ahead of a mass opposition rally called on Saturday to rival an Islamist protest in support of Morsi.

Read the rest here:

[link to www.naharnet.com]

Last Edited by KoFFee_ on 11/30/2012 08:25 AM
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

"This man really is the Savior of the world!" John 4:42

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Protests Continue in Egypt after a Islamist-dominated panel rushed through a draft constitution
Live stream links--Tahrir Square:

[link to rt.com]

[link to reuters.livestation.com]

[link to bambuser.com]

Please note live coverage will be intermittent and may show recorded videos
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Protests Continue in Egypt after a Islamist-dominated panel rushed through a draft constitution

Egypt Islamists approve new constitution despite opposition protest

Islamists approved a draft constitution for Egypt early Friday without the participation of liberal and Christian members, seeking to pre-empt a court ruling that could dissolve their panel with a rushed, marathon vote that further inflames the conflict between the opposition and President Mohammed Morsi.

The vote by the constituent assembly advanced a charter with an Islamist bent that rights experts say could give Muslim clerics oversight over legislation and bring restrictions on freedom of speech, women's rights and other liberties.

The draft, which the assembly plans to deliver to the president Saturday, must be put to a nationwide referendum within 30 days. Morsi said Thursday it will be held "soon."

The opposition has called for a major rally Friday in Cairo's Tahrir Square, where some demonstrators have camped out in tents since last week to protest decrees Morsi issued to grant himself sweeping powers. Hundreds gathered in the plaza for traditional Friday prayers, then broke into chants of "The people want to bring down the regime!" -- echoing the refrain of the Arab Spring revolts, but this time against a democratically elected leader. Other cities around Egypt braced for similar protests.

Read more:
[link to www.foxnews.com]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood to Move Planned Rally away from Tahrir Square

In a bid to show their support towards Morsi, the brotherhood had scheduled a demonstration near Cairo University on the same day when tens of thousands of the brotherhood's opponents flooded to Tahrir Square. But they cancelled it in advance to avoid possible bloodshed.

The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood on Thursday decided to hold their rally in favor of President Mohamed Morsi near Cairo University rather than the iconic Tahrir Square.

Read more:

[link to english.cri.cn]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Keep your Eye on Egypt

Did you know that Mr. Morsi made his first official trip outside the Middle East by visiting China? That would seem to signal that China plays a very important role in Morsi's foreign policy agenda, wouldn't it? Especially since the U.S. gives Egypt nearly $2 Billion each year in foreign aid. Couple this news with the fact that China enjoys a much more popular standing among the Egyptian people than the U.S., and the increased economic interconnectedness, and I think we have a problem.

You see, Egyptian/Chinese trade jumped 46% from 2008 to 2011, surpassing Egyptian trade with the U.S. If that's not enough to convince you that we need to keep our eye on Egypt, consider this: Egypt is following the course of other Muslim states -- including Pakistan, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Turkey -- which have returned China's embrace of their economies. That does not bode well for our foreign trade or our national security.

Read the whole article here:

[link to www.salvationandsurvival.com]

Last Edited by KoFFee_ on 11/30/2012 08:23 AM

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another live streaming link:

[link to www.livestream.com]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is Egypt about to become the new Iran?

Current and recent events in Egypt certainly seem to be fulfilling a prophecy penned long ago by the Prophet Isaiah. In his prophecy he foresaw a time during the last days, when Egypt would undergo a revolution with great civil strife, followed by the emergence of a powerful, and fierce leader.

Now we can't be sure that the current President of Egypt fits the bill as a cruel master, (thus far his demeanour and presence gives no indication of this), but under a new Islamic constitution based on Shariah law, one could easily see the future Egyptian leader of Isaiah 19, emerge at some later date as this cruel, fierce, Islamic radical leader of Egypt.

Read more here:

[link to signpostsofthetimes.blogspot.com]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
“I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom.

The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will bring their plans to nothing; they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead, the mediums and the spiritists.

I will hand the Egyptians over to the power of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them,” declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty.

Isaiah 19:2-4 NIV

Last Edited by KoFFee_ on 11/30/2012 08:45 AM

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
US President Barack Obama Behind Morsi’s Power Grab In Egypt

In politics there are no accidents or coincidences

If you think that the recent power grab of Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi is happening in a vacuum or by mere happenstance, you are greatly fooling yourself. The move by Morsi to make himself Egypt’s new Pharaoh is exactly what the plan has been all along since Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood started the Arab Spring.

Haven’t you wondered why Obama, so vocal during the Gaza-Israeli conflict, is now as quiet as a Mosque Mouse? Not one word has he spoken against Morsi’s coup. And he won’t until he is sure how it will all wind up.

We ask you to consider the following:

Back in the very beginning of the Ara Spring, Obama sided with the Muslim Brotherhood.
Obama put the muscle in place to assasinate Muammar Gaddhafi.
Obama did nothing to stop the Arab Spring as it spread across the Middle East.
Obama aided the Brotherhood in Yemen with airstirkes.
Obama convinces G8 to give Muslim Brotherhood $8 billion for Arab Spring.
The liberal media aided Obama by whole-heartedly embracing the Arab Spring.
After taking over Egypt, Obama then publicly declared the US-Muslim Brotherhood partnership.

Read more here:

[link to www.nowtheendbegins.com]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crowd continues to grow, I wonder if it will turn out as massive as it was Tuesday night.

Presently, in Egypt, the time is 4:13 Friday (EET)

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Live Updates: Friday protests against Egypt's draft constitution, Morsi's 'power grab'

[link to english.ahram.org.eg]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
11/30/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Prayed today for this this area, grouphug
KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Prayed today for this this area, grouphug
 Quoting: Goofy for God

:pry3:

For God's Will to be done.

hf

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
The sun is setting but the protestors are just settling in for the rest of the evening:

[link to reuters.livestation.com]

KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Remember this:

Egypt Islamist vows global caliphate in Jerusalem

“The capital of the United States of the Arabs will be Jerusalem," preacher tells thousands at Brotherhood rally.

“We can see how the dream of the Islamic caliphate is being realized, God willing, by Dr. Mohamed Mursi,” Safwat Higazi told thousands of Brotherhood supporters at a Cairo soccer stadium as Mursi – the movement’s presidential candidate – and other Brotherhood officials nodded in agreement.

[link to www.jpost.com]

GLP