Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,351 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 227,404
Pageviews Today: 378,848Threads Today: 153Posts Today: 2,919
07:16 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison...created by genetic research" contains NEW protein which works as an opiate!

Laura Bow
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1158661
United States
11/30/2012 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison...created by genetic research" contains NEW protein which works as an opiate!
(CBS News) Modern wheat is a "perfect, chronic poison," according to Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist who has published a book all about the world's most popular grain.

Davis said that the wheat we eat these days isn't the wheat your grandma had: "It's an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the '60s and '70s," he said on "CBS This Morning." "This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there's a new protein in this thing called gliadin. It's not gluten. I'm not addressing people with gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. I'm talking about everybody else because everybody else is susceptible to the gliadin protein that is an opiate. This thing binds into the opiate receptors in your brain and in most people stimulates appetite, such that we consume 440 more calories per day, 365 days per year."

More at [link to www.cbsnews.com]

Last Edited by Laura Bow on 11/30/2012 07:56 AM
HippyAwakened

User ID: 1667285
United States
11/30/2012 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison...created by genetic research" contains NEW protein which works as an opiate!
Thanks, interesting article and interview. I'm a gardener, and heirloom vegetables are my biggest love...now to research heirloom wheat :)
Tomato-tard
LisaDiane

User ID: 27999563
United States
11/30/2012 08:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison...created by genetic research" contains NEW protein which works as an opiate!
Per article, people who stop eating wheat are losing lots of weight and are shedding major health problems.
LisaDiane
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 28733038
United States
11/30/2012 08:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Yep I agree.

Last Edited by ~Spaze*Man~ on 12/01/2012 12:37 PM
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Per article, people who stop eating wheat are losing lots of weight and are shedding major health problems.
 Quoting: LisaDiane

Yes, basically he was talking about a low carb diet, and the options he highlighted were similar to what people eat on the Atkins diet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15534724
Canada
11/30/2012 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28107126
United States
11/30/2012 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for digging up this article. I was just telling a friend about this yesterday.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28774610
United States
11/30/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I read the book a month ago and since then have eliminated almost all wheat from my diet. I eat corn and rice and potatoes in small amounts still, but I have lost 5 pounds effortlessly.
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for digging up this article. I was just telling a friend about this yesterday.
 Quoting: N3m3s1s

Sure thing, I find it fascinating...I low carb but never knew that the wheat produced was genetically engineered and much different than wheat from a generation or two ago!! Unbelievable.
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 28733038
United States
11/30/2012 08:45 AM

Report Abusive Post

Sure thing, I find it fascinating...I low carb but never knew that the wheat produced was genetically engineered and much different than wheat from a generation or two ago!! Unbelievable.
 Quoting: Laura Bow

Yah I know...
I stay away from wheat now.
ehecatl

User ID: 28663720
Mexico
11/30/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
I sprout all wheat for 3 days before using it in food, and seem to be free with the negative side effects of wheat flour, which I am familiar with.

The chickens seem almost "addicted" to sprouted wheat though and prefer it over a lot of other things they eat.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1723249
United States
11/30/2012 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
My wife says that I have "wheat belly",
since she can't blame it on beer.
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I sprout all wheat for 3 days before using it in food, and seem to be free with the negative side effects of wheat flour, which I am familiar with.

The chickens seem almost "addicted" to sprouted wheat though and prefer it over a lot of other things they eat.
 Quoting: ehecatl

Have you made sprouted wheat bread? I have been thinking about trying it but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23794435
United States
11/30/2012 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for this article.

I have a wheat grinder, and in an effort to be healthy, have made my own bread in the past. I've not ever sprouted my wheat, but have experimented with soaking the grains, per Weston Price.

I have had health issues for a while now. In the past few years, I had developed belly fat. We recently cut out all grains and switched to Paleo and have lost the belly fat...both of us...without trying. My husband's sleep apnea and snoring is gone.

Whenever we cheat, and I make bread, my face puffs up and I start feeling bad.

I've found it hard to reconcile how it could be 'bad' to eat the 'staff of life'. This article explains it perfectly.

hf
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for this article.

I have a wheat grinder, and in an effort to be healthy, have made my own bread in the past. I've not ever sprouted my wheat, but have experimented with soaking the grains, per Weston Price.

I have had health issues for a while now. In the past few years, I had developed belly fat. We recently cut out all grains and switched to Paleo and have lost the belly fat...both of us...without trying. My husband's sleep apnea and snoring is gone.

Whenever we cheat, and I make bread, my face puffs up and I start feeling bad.

I've found it hard to reconcile how it could be 'bad' to eat the 'staff of life'. This article explains it perfectly.

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23794435

I know how you feel, when I low carb and go off plan, sometimes I'll swell up like a balloon! Not always, but it depends on what I eat and how much lol. It's really amazing. We have a wheat grinder as well, but I have not used it much...it's something to have in an emergency scenario though.
ehecatl

User ID: 28663720
Mexico
11/30/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Have you made sprouted wheat bread? I have been thinking about trying it but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

When wheat sprouts it turns starches into sugars and probably the proteins change too, although I am not sure how this affects the protein written about in this thread.

Anyhow, you can sprout wheat by first soaking overnight, and then rinsing with water twice a day for about three days to where it is just starting to sprout.

Put that through a wheat grinder and it makes a sticky paste, mix in a little salt and bake in a dutch oven (cast iron pot with lid) at a very low temperature for about 3 hours, and you will get a naturally sweet bread that is very delicious.

They sell this as Essene Bread at some health food stores in the US I think, although the Essenes baked their bread on rocks heated by the desert sun.

You can add some raisins or seeds to make the mix more interesting, but just plain sprouted wheat berries and a little salt is delicious as it is.
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

When wheat sprouts it turns starches into sugars and probably the proteins change too, although I am not sure how this affects the protein written about in this thread.

Anyhow, you can sprout wheat by first soaking overnight, and then rinsing with water twice a day for about three days to where it is just starting to sprout.

Put that through a wheat grinder and it makes a sticky paste, mix in a little salt and bake in a dutch oven (cast iron pot with lid) at a very low temperature for about 3 hours, and you will get a naturally sweet bread that is very delicious.

They sell this as Essene Bread at some health food stores in the US I think, although the Essenes baked their bread on rocks heated by the desert sun.

You can add some raisins or seeds to make the mix more interesting, but just plain sprouted wheat berries and a little salt is delicious as it is.

This sounds good, though wouldn't it make a mess in the wheat grinder? I'd probably use a food processor or blender.
MissionInvisible

User ID: 1800004
United States
11/30/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I read the book a month ago and since then have eliminated almost all wheat from my diet. I eat corn and rice and potatoes in small amounts still, but I have lost 5 pounds effortlessly.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28774610

Yep! Its called the wheat belly! I have cut out wheat over the last few weeks and noticed almost a detox effect at first, I felt horrible...but I stayed with it and REALLY have noticed some changes physically (my skin seems to be much better for one thing!) and I don't crave sugar anymore...I don't think people realize what food quality/consumption does to our physical health, its a complete disconnect that some people have! We are what we eat!
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28774610

Yep! Its called the wheat belly! I have cut out wheat over the last few weeks and noticed almost a detox effect at first, I felt horrible...but I stayed with it and REALLY have noticed some changes physically (my skin seems to be much better for one thing!) and I don't crave sugar anymore...I don't think people realize what food quality/consumption does to our physical health, its a complete disconnect that some people have! We are what we eat!
 Quoting: MissionInvisible

Agree with this definitely. The first few days are the hardest, but afterwards it's not so bad...
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
11/30/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Laura Bow  (OP)

United States
12/01/2012 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
pink cat

User ID: 28454161
United States
12/01/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
eikorn

if anyone knows of a supply to gets seeds let me know.
🦋
pink cat

United States
12/01/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
eikorn

Quoting: pink cat

also, i am pinning this because it would be great to see a discussion about how the media works with the food manufactures (cargill) and how they get you to stop buying one thing to buy another.

they always have a new "superfood"
and they always have a new "this is terrible for you" and "this is better" thing.

i say follow your instinct. your body will tell you what it wants.
for instance, i always instinctually knew that margarine was worse than butter.

and then there is the eggs are bad , eggs are good, no they are worse than cigarettes, no they are great thing.

personally, i think eggs are a "super food"

also RAW MILK is a "superfood" and that is the one they want you to know about the VERY least. which is why it is illegal to even sell any in most places. they do raids on the amish for selling pure whole fresh milk.

i think we should be able to decide what goes in our bodies.
and make choices about what to eat.

so the milk thing really gets me pissed.
i've never had the opportunity to buy fresh whole milk that has not been treated and i feel angry that i cannot get it if i want to.

people get really riled when you start talking about food. it's amazingly personal and political. a lot like talking about hair. hair is another weird thing that people are adamant about "how it should be"

and nothing will start an argument faster than talking about food. i've learned that since being on the internet since 1995. it's pretty crazy topic.

i am fascinated by the personal and political way we treat food.

but we should, because "you are what you eat" this is absolutely true.

the way they are controlling the food supply right now makes me so angry i cannot even express it.

i'm not completely sold on the idea that ALL genetically modified anything is bad for you, however.

crossbreeding things...fine....but going right in and changing the dna structure of things seems to be playing a blind god.

what we need to do is start LISTENING to our bodies.
our bodies will tell us what is good or bad for us.

and there is no "one size fits all" diet for everyone.

i wish people would get that.

everyone of us has different needs. so while a raw vegan diet might be awesome for someone, a paleo diet is equally awesome for a different body type.

look into aryvedic medicine.
it's the most sensible one i have come across.

in it we all have 3 "doshas" vata, pitta, kapha. and balancing these 3 things is absolute key.

i know there is an eat for your blood type diet. i looked at that and it did not ring true for me.

but the aryvedic one did make complete and total sense.

some foods that are bad for some people are really good for others and vice versa.

there is really no "bad food", there really, in the end, is not eating in a balanced or sensible way.

the most IMPORTANT lesson tho on eating, imo, is to give thanks for what you have.
the mindset you have AS you are eating is complete and utter key to how your body processes food.

for instance, do not eat when you are angry.

and give thanks for whatever it is you have.

because everything is ENERGY , in the end. all is one, and a person who eats a twinkie with gratefulness and mindfullness will live a longer happier healthier life than a person who is constantly worried about poison and becoming obsessed with juicing and fasting and purging.

in the end, "there is no spoon" is what i am saying.

so, eat with gratefulness and without anger and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. it knows exactly what it needs.

ok, that's my "rant" :)
🦋
Half Past Midnight

User ID: 781996
United States
12/01/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've read that there are also lectins in wheat which cause leaky gut which in turn leads to hormonal problems (hot flashes, belly fat etc), auto immune disorders (rheumatoid arthritis...) and I suppose just about every other dis ease out there.

Eating a raw food diet pretty much cuts out the wheat. But I think wheat is also used in 'natural' flavorings.
Second Best

User ID: 28115524
Canada
12/01/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yay opiates!! 5a
Nine's
User ID: 23438707
United States
12/01/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
eikorn

[link to www.wheatmontana.com]
samanthasunflower

User ID: 14930415
United States
12/01/2012 11:45 AM

Report Abusive Post

This sounds good, though wouldn't it make a mess in the wheat grinder? I'd probably use a food processor or blender.

I've read that you are supposed to sprout it, and then dehydrate it in a food dryer or oven set on low. When it's dry, then you grind it.

Good luck.
Carshy McCarsh

User ID: 1531528
12/01/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
5stars
Tell me what this tastes like...
pink cat

United States
12/01/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
eikorn

[link to www.wheatmontana.com]
 Quoting: Nine's 23438707

i do not see anywhere where they sell seeds. they have flour and such.
🦋
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28840841
United States
12/01/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

You didn't know that wheat was being genetically modified?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7570540
United States
12/01/2012 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: LisaDiane

Very true. I accidentally discovered this summer that I was allergic when I didn't eat wheat for a few days and all the sudden realized I had more energy. I tracked my diet and discovered it was the wheat. I did some research and realized it was slowly killing me. My son was blood-tested for allergies as a kid and was allergic to wheat, barley, rye (the gluten grains). It is genetic but nobody bothered to tell me. Actually, 30% of European descent people have the gene to be negatively affected to some degree by wheat.

In the early days with the older varieties it wasn't so bad but this new hybrid is some poisonous stuff.

I lost 40 lbs just by cutting out the wheat and adding more fresh fruits/vegetables. I wasn't dieting - still eating meats, fats, lots of nuts and things. I probably ate more calories but still lost the weight. Early days I lost a lot and then it really slowed down to just a trickle - like a pound or 1/2 lb a week. This has been since the end of June (5 months). I have slipped and eaten wheat this fall some and my weight started to go back on - very interesting. The holidays really suck for that. I have to go back to cutting it out.

The thing is, if you crave sweets, you are probably affected. If you are near-sighted you are probably affected. If you suffer night-blindness you are probably affected. If you have a fatty liver, type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome you are probably affected. If you have asthma you might be affected. You might be affected if you are either very thin or overweight.

GLP