An honest confession

Pulltab
User ID: 1450879
United States
12/01/2012 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
An honest confession
I normally sign in as pulltab, but for some reason the interface wont let me today... no matter.

I will try to summarize quickly
Im the first in my family to go to college, blue collar hillbilly background. Irish mainly. Only two of my grandparents finished high school. I got BS, got a Masters. Got myself a crappy job at a hospital out of college for 28k, which is what most do while theyre looking for another job. Went through a few jobs. Got into some credit card debt(not so smart).

Now after 14 years, Ive jumped a few jobs to my latest one. Been here 6 years. In that 6 years I went from around 45k to just over 6 figures recently. closer to 120k if you add the bonus i just got. With all that, Im still having a hard time making ends meet but thats because i spent most of this money on preps.

My eyes have been opened in the ways of how a publicly traded company works, and let me just say im afraid to type what i know. I do know this, ive learned to blend in well enough to get along with the VP types making upwards of 250 - 400k, but i think im their worst nightmare. Im a hillbilly with an education essentially.

I dont trust them, in the past year ive spent the bulk of my increase, about 30k on bugout gear, supplies, two courses in the woods on woodland survival (i must say i could already skin rabbits and squirrels etc from my background, and can). But i have to tel you, all the other people at my level, the VPs, Directors, managers... theyre gonners. Theyre ignorant in the ways of skills in survival, and also whats going on in the world. All they think about is the next product. Something bad is coming, all the finance people know it. Nation wide. I suspect it will be more economic than FEMA camp stuff. But the masses are stupid.
Ostria1

User ID: 27119727
Greece
12/01/2012 08:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: An honest confession
Nice confession, I do believe that the doom will be economic ....> social doom. I believe it has already started and none knows how it will evolve.
But anyway do you believe that any of these people worth to survive?
Ostria
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 08:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nice confession, I do believe that the doom will be economic ....> social doom. I believe it has already started and none knows how it will evolve.
But anyway do you believe that any of these people worth to survive?
 Quoting: Ostria1

Not really
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1212477
United States
12/01/2012 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for posting OP. Your location has been traced back via your IP and (using other undisclosed sources) your exact location has been triangulated. You have been targeted for termination! Have a nice day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25000137
Canada
12/01/2012 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Most middle-high class are completely brainwashed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25000137

thats what im finding, they say lower class is paranoid, yet theyre ignorant of everything but their own little bubble
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/01/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

thats what im finding, they say lower class is paranoid, yet theyre ignorant of everything but their own little bubble
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1450879

Some of the smartest people Ive meet where bus drivers, cabbies, dishwashers, cooks etc.

They are capable of very deep conversations.

Ex. This cabbie I know takes us on joy rides and pulls 360s in the ice drives us to our destination then charges a flat fee.

If she drove a upper class socialite she would charge them through the roof.

People look out for their own kind, and unfortunately the upper class is shrinking meaning no one will look out for them when the SHTF.

The lower class isn't paranoid, they are calm and enjoy all their free time to think and do what they want.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/01/2012 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ive dated many upperclass girls, the kind that fly bi weekly.

Have hot tub's. etc.

Their so dumb, its not that they get low grades their just unable to see outside their own box objectively.

I asked my GF what the purpose of life was and she said "I dunno... to have fun!"

And she had 90% in all her subjects. Just lacked a sense of humanism/spirituality.
Ostria1

User ID: 27119727
Greece
12/01/2012 08:50 AM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1450879

i think there is no excuse for anyone to be called "brainwashed" any more. There are just people who care to face the truth around them and those who dont.
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20574169
United States
12/01/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
thats because i spent most of this money on preps.

about 30k on bugout gear, supplies, two courses in the woods on woodland survival (i must say i could already skin rabbits and squirrels etc from my background, and can).
 Quoting: Pulltab 1450879

all that wont matter when they put you in a firing line and let your body drop into a mass grave.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ive dated many upperclass girls, the kind that fly bi weekly.

Have hot tub's. etc.

Their so dumb, its not that they get low grades their just unable to see outside their own box objectively.

I asked my GF what the purpose of life was and she said "I dunno... to have fun!"

And she had 90% in all her subjects. Just lacked a sense of humanism/spirituality.

thi is right
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
thats because i spent most of this money on preps.

about 30k on bugout gear, supplies, two courses in the woods on woodland survival (i must say i could already skin rabbits and squirrels etc from my background, and can).
 Quoting: Pulltab 1450879

all that wont matter when they put you in a firing line and let your body drop into a mass grave.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20574169

and this
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/01/2012 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm a firm believer people will be judged on the same measure they judge others. If not now. Eventually.

So. W.E people can do what they want. I don't care.

Just be careful who who you talk to about this stuff even your parent's.

This is a new world. So try to blend until you can no longer blend.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
yep, i feel a bit like the neighbors are paid to watch any more given all the "see something say something" crap. Like pre war Germany. Theyve turned us on each other, even moreso.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/01/2012 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I feel very uncomfortable around the upper class. I can feel their paranoid vibes.

But when I'm down in city center with the crack heads and prostitutes I feel really calm and at ease.

Its weird.

Ive meet drug dealers who sell shitty coke to rich people and teenagers, but when I go over to their place (Rich people have to meet a meeting point) they bag the good shit in front of me and give me more then I paid for.

It's like money puts this invisible cage around you and paints a target on your back. And the upper class doesn't even know it.

And it doesn't stop their, mechanics take advantage of rich people, doctors lawyers. Its like living in hell. And your constantly stealing from another while being stolen from.

I like being underclass, my needs are met, I have friends I can trust with my life, smoke some weed laugh joke have a beer play some card games.

Trust. Its an amazing feeling most upperclass have never felt.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28817438
United States
12/01/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Funny how the more money one makes, the more debt they accumulate. Lemme ask you something-

If we all know that being a debt slave is detrimental, and if the head of the FED (stated around three weeks ago) that people who save their money will be hit with devaluation....then... what does one do?

I am completely debt free, yet have no savings. Any thoughts?
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/01/2012 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Funny how the more money one makes, the more debt they accumulate. Lemme ask you something-

If we all know that being a debt slave is detrimental, and if the head of the FED (stated around three weeks ago) that people who save their money will be hit with devaluation....then... what does one do?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28817438

Your a freeman in the truest sense.

Your like the virgin in economics. Highly prized even for your lack of "experience".

Stay a virgin, because to take a long shot and fail will make you far worse off then you are now.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28817438

Friend, you are exactly right.

I started at 28k ... got into hock with Discover.

Moved up to 35k , enter Mastercard and Visa

then 50k, enter a GMAC loan for a car better than what i needed.
then 70k, got more house than i needed, the whole time carrying the other det ... along with a jewelry store account carrying 3k and a banana republic account unneeded carrying 1200

now at 110k ... i woke up about a year ago

paid off the car
paid off the jewelry one with the highest %
paid off banana and dont shop there any more
paid off the VISA
paying off the MC, then going to attack the discover
simultaneously spent 30k on water refinement in my home, other preps, etc

Im not debt free, but i feel so much better heading in that direction with my eyes open
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28817438
United States
12/01/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Such sage advice. What really.... and I mean REALLY irks me is that our future generations will be expected to pay off our faults, our shortsightedness. Were as just 200 years ago it was the exact opposite.

The Mayans, had this neat ceremony every 500+ days, where regardless of how much debt was owed to an individual or social program, it was forcibly lifted from your name. This was symbolized by extinguishing every single flame for an entire 24 hour period, across all of Guatemala.

I have a hard time believing that Americans would do the same with electricity. Yet the Maya lasted 5000 years.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Our society isnt ready for this type of shift, and even if they were the bankers and governments wouldnt allow it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 62986661
Israel
11/17/2015 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
nice

GLP