Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,267 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 685,463
Pageviews Today: 1,201,390Threads Today: 513Posts Today: 8,590
02:19 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

150 employees FIRED for REFUSING FLU VACCINATION!

Person445
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 11438968
Canada
12/01/2012 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
150 employees FIRED for REFUSING FLU VACCINATION!
Health freedom is under attack in Ohio, where a major Cincinnati-based healthcare conglomerate is forcing all of its 10,800 employees to take a "free" flu shot or else face termination. According to WLWT News 5 in Cincinnati, the 150 objectors who have thus far refused the shot have until December 3 to either comply with the company's demands, provide a valid reason why they cannot take the vaccine, or else get fired.

The non-profit group TriHealth reportedly sent out letters to all of its employees several months ago notifying them that vaccination for the flu was mandatory this year, and that all healthcare workers would have to get jabbed by November 16 in order to be in compliance with company policy. And on November 27, WLWT reported that 150 TriHealth employees had refused the shot, and that they were being immediately terminated from their positions.

Learn more: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
Follow me on Twitter: @RussellScott202
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 801546
United States
12/01/2012 07:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 150 employees FIRED for REFUSING FLU VACCINATION!
That is terrible. Things keep getting worse and worse :(

It just makes me sick to my stomach.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1450879
United States
12/01/2012 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
I truly believe this is wrong, and they shouldnt have to lie to keep their job, but they could have if it was either this or not pay the bills.

Couple ways out
1. Got it at walgreens already.
2. Scan and fake a doctors note.
3. Allergy to eggs, cant get the shot.
4. Surviving cancer patient, cant take immuno shots.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1212477
United States
12/01/2012 08:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
They did this in my town too. The company even managed to get someone from the local newspaper on board to badmouth the healthcare employees who resisted vaccination. Think how offensive it must have been to be fired from your job and THEN be told you are the scum of society in the newspaper. It was a real low point in my town.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 831183
United Kingdom
12/01/2012 08:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
sooner or later people will have to become renegades if they want to distance themselves from the "herd"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27162552
United States
12/01/2012 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I do not know too much about this, but to me it seems like the "free" aspect of this is a way for them to get around the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27162552
United States
12/01/2012 08:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I do not know too much about this, but to me it seems like the "free" aspect of this is a way for them to get around the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27162552

If someone could educate me if I am thinking wrong about this, I would appreciate that. It is pretty confusing.
I also wonder if a healthcare conglomerate is deciding the health care decisions of their employees, are the employees then patients?
Asafar Punjabi Mohmat
User ID: 16674316
United States
12/01/2012 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
They should be fired. They are health care workers and as such can not be in a position where they can pass illnesses on to the public. You can have the virus and be expelling in all over the place for a day or two before you finally realize that you are sick. A health care industry that treats a lot of people who are sick already can not afford to have their employees killing off the already weak patients.

The patients who contracted the illness from the health care workers can sue the health care company.

Legal decisions have proven that the person or company that is responsible for spreading an illness can be sued for damages.

Case in point: If you are the parent of a child and you refuse to get that child immunized against Measles, Mumps and Rubella and lie and claim that you did; and your child comes down with measles and spreads it to his or her kindergarten class and four kids who were also un-immunized come down with measles (Yes, lot of parents lie about it and fake documentation), you can be sued it the other kids die or have complications such as meningitis from the virus. In the United States the death rate for measles is one out of every thousand. The death rate in a backward country like Nigeria is 28 percent. Measles does kill.
Meggarea

User ID: 1585244
United States
12/01/2012 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
They work in healthcare. Needs of the many, and all that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28170048
United States
12/01/2012 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Health freedom is under attack in Ohio, where a major Cincinnati-based healthcare conglomerate is forcing all of its 10,800 employees to take a "free" flu shot or else face termination. According to WLWT News 5 in Cincinnati, the 150 objectors who have thus far refused the shot have until December 3 to either comply with the company's demands, provide a valid reason why they cannot take the vaccine, or else get fired.

The non-profit group TriHealth reportedly sent out letters to all of its employees several months ago notifying them that vaccination for the flu was mandatory this year, and that all healthcare workers would have to get jabbed by November 16 in order to be in compliance with company policy. And on November 27, WLWT reported that 150 TriHealth employees had refused the shot, and that they were being immediately terminated from their positions.

Learn more: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
 Quoting: Person445

Christus health system based in Texas with hospitals in Louisiana, New Mexico, Arkansas and Oklahoma is also firing employees that refuse the shot and don't submit a religious or medical exemption.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
They should be fired. They are health care workers and as such can not be in a position where they can pass illnesses on to the public. You can have the virus and be expelling in all over the place for a day or two before you finally realize that you are sick. A health care industry that treats a lot of people who are sick already can not afford to have their employees killing off the already weak patients.

The patients who contracted the illness from the health care workers can sue the health care company.

Legal decisions have proven that the person or company that is responsible for spreading an illness can be sued for damages.

Case in point: If you are the parent of a child and you refuse to get that child immunized against Measles, Mumps and Rubella and lie and claim that you did; and your child comes down with measles and spreads it to his or her kindergarten class and four kids who were also un-immunized come down with measles (Yes, lot of parents lie about it and fake documentation), you can be sued it the other kids die or have complications such as meningitis from the virus. In the United States the death rate for measles is one out of every thousand. The death rate in a backward country like Nigeria is 28 percent. Measles does kill.
 Quoting: Asafar Punjabi Mohmat 16674316

calling bullshit on this... i work in healthcare and they tried this where i work as well....

just cause you work in healthcare doesnt mean we see patients. We are document and payment, we are 35 miles away from the actual healthcare facility, we see no patients and nothing is transmitted other than electronically, there are 4 of us in this office... and still we fell under the umbrella of mandatory vaccinations. We never go there, it isnt needed. Just because youre healthcare doesnt make it needed.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah Right! Since when does an organization do anything that isn't in its own best interest? 2 Things, yes you MAY be preventing caregiver to patient transmission, but more importantly to the financial operations is your employees will be back on the job sooner so less overtime! That is probably the true rationale. If they really cared about the patients they'd insure a higher nurse to patient ratio.
sunshine4mealwayz

User ID: 2698905
United States
12/01/2012 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

The only time I have ever caught the flu was when a bf came home after getting the flu shot.
People who get the flu shots may not get the flu but they carry it.So, that doesn't make working with patients any safer.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

calling bullshit on this... i work in healthcare and they tried this where i work as well....

just cause you work in healthcare doesnt mean we see patients. We are document and payment, we are 35 miles away from the actual healthcare facility, we see no patients and nothing is transmitted other than electronically, there are 4 of us in this office... and still we fell under the umbrella of mandatory vaccinations. We never go there, it isnt needed. Just because youre healthcare doesnt make it needed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1450879

I agree I'm in a similar situation but it all comes down to lower overtime if they have to get coverage for you when you're out. The organization probably gets a lower insurance fee too, but I don't know about that one for sure.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1450879

I agree I'm in a similar situation but it all comes down to lower overtime if they have to get coverage for you when you're out. The organization probably gets a lower insurance fee too, but I don't know about that one for sure.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28170048

calling bullshit again ... we are salaried, we dont bring on temps, we do billing which is late anyway all the time, and we catch up when we do miss work. It costs no more and our financial dept even agrees with this... so no.

the non bullshit here where oyu are right is the insurance fee, but they dont have a right to inject me with something for a lower fee .... neverermind i dont get my insurance through my employer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5505436
United Kingdom
12/01/2012 09:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
where's the PROOF that the vaccine actually protects you against the flu?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21166979
United States
12/01/2012 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
where's the PROOF that the vaccine actually protects you against the flu?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5505436

Good point.
It doesn't. There is no Proof. In fact it is more likely that the vaccine actually spreads the virus. A non significant portion of vaccine recipients actually experience "flu like symptoms" after receiving these miraculous vaccines..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14010048
United States
12/01/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

When I read your post I was saddened. As a nurse (RN), I encourage you to investigate the facts about vaccines. Not only do they not prevent disease, they cause many children & adults more harm than good. Ask yourself,"Should anyone really trust any big Pharmaceutical company to tell the truth about a drug or vaccine they have spent billions to develop?" One should not trust the FDA either, they are owned by big pharma. Who should you trust? Your own gut feeling. My gut tells me that anytime they "Force" on anyone, can't be good. I respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5849394
United States
12/01/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

The only time I have ever caught the flu was when a bf came home after getting the flu shot.
People who get the flu shots may not get the flu but they carry it.So, that doesn't make working with patients any safer.
 Quoting: sunshine4mealwayz

What really happened is that you were both exposed by someone and he didn't get it becaushe had already had immunity.
You do know the vaccine is dead cells,right?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28630333
Canada
12/01/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

Fuck off slave!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26269723
United States
12/01/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hmmmm!!!! Isn't the vaccine supposed to prevent the vaccinated person from contracting the disease???? If it does not prevent it then is it not a contradiction????
hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25451199
United States
12/01/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

You didn't read the article, did you?
Epic Beard Guy

User ID: 26240425
United States
12/01/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Constitution doesn't mean shit any more. If my employer did that, I would have to find a doctor that would sign off on it. My wife had to do that a couple of years ago. There are doctors that will help people that know what vaccines really are. I hope there is a huge law suit so this all gets out in the open.

5*
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27394300
United States
12/01/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
My sister used to work for this company before she moved to the Cleveland Clinic. They are the worst.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9014106
Australia
12/01/2012 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I thought that's why health care workers should NOT get vaccines, as they shed the virus given them and become sick from the vaccines, making themselves dangerous for others to be around.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19396116
United States
12/01/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't blame those for refusing. Adjuvants that they add to the vaccine could be anything. This could be the reason for autoimmune diseases.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
aliensbro

User ID: 27403091
United States
12/01/2012 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Having never had a single flu shot, i'm proud to say i've never had the flu.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 05:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
They add aluminum salts to vaccines which is called an adjuvant.

"Aluminium salts are common adjuvants in vaccines sold in the United States and have been used in vaccines for over 70 years." <---- [link to en.wikipedia.org]

"Research has shown that high doses of the aluminium salts used in antiperspirants have detrimental effects to a number of species such as non-human primates,[30] mice,[31] and dogs"

Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2012 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
They add aluminum salts to vaccines which is called an adjuvant.

"Aluminium salts are common adjuvants in vaccines sold in the United States and have been used in vaccines for over 70 years." <---- [link to en.wikipedia.org]

"Research has shown that high doses of the aluminium salts used in antiperspirants have detrimental effects to a number of species such as non-human primates,[30] mice,[31] and dogs"

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19396116

Here is another link to the aluminium salts.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28786416
United States
12/01/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

How can an unvaccinated person give disease to a vaccinated person? ummm if the vaccine works.
aliensbro

User ID: 27403091
United States
12/01/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
A vaccine does not completely make you immune to a disease.

GLP