Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,214 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 817,977
Pageviews Today: 1,446,801Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 10,652
04:42 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why are people so shallow, materialistic and cruel to one another?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
12/02/2012 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why are people so shallow, materialistic and cruel to one another?
We are all born sinners. Including you OP. You now, are judging others, the same as what you are complaining about. Nobody is perfect, and yes we all could and should be better behaved. But we are human.
 Quoting: J-Honey

That's religious mind control at it's best... Break the spirit of the flock through the forced indoctrination of guilt. Take that bullshit elsewhere.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

See OP? Case in point ^ people just by nature can be mean or rude, negative blah blah...

The important thing to remember is some people are also loving, giving, caring, kind, funny, friendly, generous....human nature runs the gamut of emotion and feeling from birth, so there is somewhat of a balance.
 Quoting: J-Honey

Yes, it's my nature to speak out against harmful & self-destructive ideology that encourages individuals to feel guilt for the sole reason of being born and irregardless of their actions or intent.

You can label me 'mean' and 'rude' if it makes you feel better about your poor choice of words. I don't mind. At least I directed my criticism at your words and not at the nature of your character, too bad you didn't feel the need to demonstrate the decency to do the same.
WhiteShoePrincess  (OP)

User ID: 26571538
United States
12/02/2012 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, it's my nature to speak out against harmful & self-destructive ideology that encourages individuals to feel guilt for the sole reason of being born and irregardless of their actions or intent.

You can label me 'mean' and 'rude' if it makes you feel better about your poor choice of words. I don't mind. At least I directed my criticism at your words and not at the nature of your character, too bad you didn't feel the need to demonstrate the decency to do the same.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

There are good and bad things within all religions that we can point out. I don't particularly think of myself as being lumped in with any specific religion. There are several ideologies out there and I always try to keep an open mind. I will not simply believe someone simply because they say they are apart of a religious group. I watch what their actions tell since actions do speak louder than words.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1246336
United States
12/02/2012 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
we are being genocided OP, and this is your imput?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1246336

I kind of know several subjects about that matter. Want me to make a topic for it?
 Quoting: WhiteShoePrincess

I am sure you mean well. i apologize for being harsh.

people are lame is because of fake fluoride in the water and all the other poisons we are forced to consume, Rx, cell phone radiation, etc.

and TV and movies are so evil right now.

the idea that we are guilty of excessive materialism is a false notion promoted by the NWO.

But it's not the people's fault. people, especially younger, are victims. We must direct our attention to the NWO and their minnions. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. Not us. If we get rid of them, our problems all go away.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25686369
United States
12/02/2012 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey whiteshoeprincess wanna go on a date?
RoxykinsIII

User ID: 26226619
United States
12/03/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think this seems to be very common in the US. I have noticed a distinct difference in the way my US cousins act compared to my cousins in Italy. My son broke his leg and I posted a picture on facebook. Not one single person in my family that lives in the US called. Every cousin in Italy either called or emailed me within the next 24 hours, plus my Uncles & Aunts all called my father when they found out from their children.

Anyone else notice anything similar?
 Quoting: RoxykinsIII

Do you feel this has anything to do with the "Empire of the City?"
[link to shiftfrequency.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24011342

I feel it is more of a society thing here. People seem to love things and use people. The thing that I don't understand is hiw is it that I don't act that way when we were all raised the same way? What do I have that makes me see things differently. My Aunt broke her arm and the first thing I did was offer to go to help her out. My nature is to take care of my family.........so it breaks my heart when I don't get the same in return - but I will always be there for them even though I know they won't for me.
RoxykinsIII
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8449454
Australia
12/03/2012 05:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Because they are spiritually underdeveloped.

Also the reason why most people have "sex".
hf
WhiteShoePrincess  (OP)

United States
12/03/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I feel it is more of a society thing here. People seem to love things and use people. The thing that I don't understand is hiw is it that I don't act that way when we were all raised the same way? What do I have that makes me see things differently. My Aunt broke her arm and the first thing I did was offer to go to help her out. My nature is to take care of my family.........so it breaks my heart when I don't get the same in return - but I will always be there for them even though I know they won't for me.
 Quoting: RoxykinsIII

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but don't give up hope. Sometimes it takes other people longer to wake up to what is real than others. Your heart is in the right place.
WhiteShoePrincess  (OP)

United States
12/03/2012 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey whiteshoeprincess wanna go on a date?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25686369

I don't really know you.
SeeTruth
User ID: 55184989
South Africa
03/05/2014 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Laugh out extremely laugh, the one who asks the question is the one who makes shallow, materialistic and cruel comments. You are going to get so far with the bit of wisdom you have, try achieving spiritual conscious knowledge to see where you will be. My deepest condolences to the response that you were a terrible victim that could not cope been left handed, so why not try writing with your right hand, as I use both my hands equally well. Shame, such a traumatic childhood. I coped with death of family, family member sentenced to 15 years in prison & another family member in a mental institute when I was 16 years old, I survived 3 life threatening illnesses & two car write off's, this is only 1/10 of my life story, so get over it! I'm glad between the two of you, that you are so real godly people by doing what other materialistic shallow people do & then you feel the righteous way is to curse them. When you give up your work, lifestyle & who you are to be One with God, by refraining from all the false materialistic things & actually not commit all the sins you have, then you should ask these questions, have a look within your evil soul first & change. Good Luck. Blessings to you to find, see & talk the truth while walking in the light.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50606907
United States
03/05/2014 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
I live in an affluent area and my children go to a private school that costs about $10,000 a year. And I have 3 kids attending. You should see the cunt whore mothers at this school. In a collapsed scenario I could only pray they get raped to death. Worse than any breed of human.

My wife and I are hippied out a little bit. Not materialistic at all. We chose the school because public school is not an option and this is the only alternative except home school which we also do. Some of the moms at this place are horrible. Their kids are all screwed up in the head. One lady won't even let her 5 year old child touch her because it might screw up her wardrobe. Another left her child in the school office all day with bad pink eye because it was her "spa day". Bitchez should be shot. I told one of them she was fucked up in the head and she went off on a venemous spat at the top of her lungs. Keep in mind this is a religious school.

They look down at me and my wife because I wear surf gear and could give a fuck but little do they know my fam is worth more in a day than they'll make in a lifetime.

At the end of last year as a slap in all their faces I made a $100,000 donation to the school and i let it be known. This year all those bitches have seriously been trying to sleep with me and all started dressing down like us.

Moral of the story, people for the most part are broken. This world needs to be reset and idiots taught a serious lesson. I don't hope for world doom but we could really use it. I'd love to see those pieces of shit digging in a trash can. I'd probably clip them with my truck and send them flying.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21125755

blahblah5 :money: eyeroll2 norespect

yak
Matrix
User ID: 51011325
Australia
03/05/2014 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've got two words for you OP... psychological conditioning. The MSM and pop culture have done a number on our populace. They have created an idiocracy. Full retard... plain and simple. Absolutely no hope.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23766809

iamwith
sheeplebahsheepburnit<-Idiot box.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 54998071
United States
03/05/2014 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seriously, it's like they are so judgmental of one another. And most of them that are materialistic are greedy for completely stupid things. They place value in the wrong places and items even. They're so focused on being hip and trendy that they lose focus on what's really important. Things like spending time with loved ones and people who you care about. Things like taking the time to gain a little wisdom every once in a while. And most importantly taking the time and energy into caring! Tell me what you think. Am I right or wrong?
 Quoting: WhiteShoePrincess

Because our values create this mindset.

When more value is put on being aggressive, fitting in, making it to the top, making money, attaining material things etc etc, you can expect people to have a very dim view of the world around them

So much value is put on our individual and primal pursuits and pleasures, that we forget that there is another world around us and that our individual actions (Or lack of action) do have an affect on others around. And we wonder why each generation seems to get worse.

All the problems of Human civilization stem from our choices, nobody or nothing else.
We need to grow up and face that fact, because it's starting to become very childish and irresponsible to blame something outside of ourselves.
davId
User ID: 39253629
United States
03/05/2014 01:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
" if you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it" -Abe Lincoln-

that being said, i've met a few so nasty as to defy logic

GLP