Lay off the Facebook, Dumbass!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28993055
Brazil
12/03/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Lay off the Facebook, Dumbass!
I dont like social media too, is a manufacturer of a pseudo important people, and only feeds the ego.
I prefer the foruns because i dialogue with pure information, separated from the person behind the avatar.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22903086
United States
12/03/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Facebook is for people who feel unimportant. They are trying to bring attention and meaning to their dreary lives
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28863250

This it is so obvious, I left facebook, becuase I thought I was back in high school again...

"look at me, look at me"

I have many nice things, do many things everyday,new things are happening, but I never posted on facebook telling all my friends that i went to hawaii, building a new house or my kid ate an avocado for breakfast....

watch, they all seek attention to themselves for approval...AND FOR WHY AND WHAT, lord only knows...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25601325
United States
12/03/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nearly one-third (32%) of the heaviest adopters of social networks — those ages 18 to 24— connect with sites such as Facebook and Twitter in the bathroom. The new data, from NM Incite, offer a glimpse into the growing devotion that Americans have to social networks.

[link to www.usatoday.com]
 Quoting: 2342

During my recent sojourn into higher education (I'm old), I observed many, many, young "ladies" making and receiving phone calls while "occupied" in the restrooms. Ewwww!
 Quoting: INK3

Just a big pile of shit.

That's all.

Stay away from major population centers.
BossPickupTrucks
User ID: 2530630
United States
12/03/2012 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
AtsuiPanda

User ID: 16510251
United States
12/03/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is it bad i connect to GLP on the toilet?
:/sdfhasdfshasd/:
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28593250
Canada
12/03/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
People without a facebook account are a pain in the ass to manage when it's time to organise events.

In fact, most of the times they get forgotten.
Ballin on Your Tax Dollars

User ID: 25173233
United States
12/03/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yea while i shit, so im shitting on facebook in my mind
Don't blame the puppet in the white house, blame the system he came up in.

:gtable:
BossPickupTrucks
User ID: 2530630
United States
12/03/2012 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
People without a facebook account are a pain in the ass to manage when it's time to organise events.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28593250

you're funny

Outlook can do that but you are probably too lazy.

Some people don't like facebook.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10910044
United States
12/03/2012 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
actually I read GLP while im on the toilet lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15788170
United States
12/03/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't avoid it. I have a nice mix of friends I was always friends with and people from around the world I can discuss conspiracy and politics with intelligently. It's like any tool, it's in how you use it. The Borg-peeps who take pictures of their food and expect people to give a damn? Naw. The ones who use it much as they do GLP? I have no issue with that bunch because I am that bunch. Like today? Discussing the fallacy of the state on there. But I don't take it the bathroom or even out on the town. I think people who are boring will do boring things with tools when given tools. Smart people who want to exchange actual ideas build something very different. Plus, they see my crazy posts... so maybe it's a little like subtle mental infiltration?
Philligan
in rainbows

User ID: 2530194
United States
12/03/2012 01:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
I dont have a fadebook page nor will I ever

Btw its a good short right now on the market, its had quite a run lately but will pull back here
Pray for Us Sinners Now and at the Hour of our Death
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15788170
United States
12/03/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I dont have a fadebook page nor will I ever

Btw its a good short right now on the market, its had quite a run lately but will pull back here
 Quoting: Philligan

And that's healthy, too :) But I've been seeing a lot of anti-FB propaganda lately, like there's a concentrated attempt to keep idea sharers off the service. Like it's being made into something "uncool," so that those who would influence others with their unconventional thinking will GTFO. I'll always find the reverse conspiracy, lmao.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24210762
United States
12/03/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Facebook proves evolution does not exist.
ItSeesThroughEyes

User ID: 1409886
United States
12/03/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
What I have always found interesting, is that people who do use Facebook are the ones that would click 'no, I don't have a facebook' in a poll like this. Facebook is the true definition of what it means to be a mindless sheep, while at the same time the user wants to blend and be a chameleon for whatever is going to make them feel accepted. Hating facebook is the GLP vibe, you get your votes, then go back to Facebook.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29005946
Germany
12/03/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Facebook is what you make of it. If you add yourself to groups about tv shows and gossip and have narcissistic friends all you'll see is a bunch of shallow BS everytime you open it. If you have cool friends with good minds you'll get great music, great info, great photos and overall content everytime you open it. Also if you join groups of interest you will get lots of cool updates. If you join silly groups you'll obviously get silliness.

Facebook is a reflection of what you and your friends are, if you're a moron your facebook will be a moronic experience, don't blame anyone else for it though.
 Quoting: Manu-Koelbren

^ Truth.
Thread can be closed. There is nothing more to add.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 969484
United States
12/03/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a FB and I check it while on the toilet sometime...so? I bet this same article came out when magazines and newspapers became big. Same thing.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/03/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Facebook is what you make of it. If you add yourself to groups about tv shows and gossip and have narcissistic friends all you'll see is a bunch of shallow BS everytime you open it. If you have cool friends with good minds you'll get great music, great info, great photos and overall content everytime you open it. Also if you join groups of interest you will get lots of cool updates. If you join silly groups you'll obviously get silliness.

Facebook is a reflection of what you and your friends are, if you're a moron your facebook will be a moronic experience, don't blame anyone else for it though.
 Quoting: Manu-Koelbren

^ Truth.
Thread can be closed. There is nothing more to add.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29005946

Exactly!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23238011
Netherlands
12/03/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
What I have always found interesting, is that people who do use Facebook are the ones that would click 'no, I don't have a facebook' in a poll like this. Facebook is the true definition of what it means to be a mindless sheep, while at the same time the user wants to blend and be a chameleon for whatever is going to make them feel accepted. Hating facebook is the GLP vibe, you get your votes, then go back to Facebook.
 Quoting: ItSeesThroughEyes

Exactly what I was thinking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22418777
United Kingdom
12/03/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't have a Facebook account, but I use my wifes (otherwise little used) account to keep an eye on what my daughter is posting and who her "friends" are.

I loathe the banality of most Facebook posts but it's a necessary evil for me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28954327
Germany
12/03/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wish I had super programming powers to wipe out facecrap from the planet including all backup data. Ok, for the latter I'd need some Yoda force powers as well. chuckle
yoda
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 28993937
Spain
12/03/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't have a Facebook account, but I use my wifes (otherwise little used) account to keep an eye on what my daughter is posting and who her "friends" are.

I loathe the banality of most Facebook posts but it's a necessary evil for me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22418777

It's funny that people think facebook is so annoying yet the content is user generated, so basically what you people are saying is that most people are annoying, and I'd agree. That's why I make sure to have on my list only people who I find interesting and have something to offer.
ON facebook many times you post on a thread which is seen by thousands of people and some folks think it's ok to add you for no reason other than that they liked your post, or something. I don't accept anyone anymore. I used to accept random people and they would end up being liberals who would make tantrums when I posted something politically incorrect. Now I keep my friend's list very small and well selected.
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27310787
United States
12/03/2012 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Facebook is for people who feel unimportant. They are trying to bring attention and meaning to their dreary lives

Not so. The people who use facebook are very active socially. Friends, relatives and aquaintances of mine who are not on facebook are quiet, stay-at-home, not very sociable individuals.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29007490
United States
12/03/2012 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I thought that was what GLP was for!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23660254
United States
12/03/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

-isn't that the reason NOT to have a FB account?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28696415
United States
12/03/2012 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think Facebook is dying.

I never did Facebook, but I am doing Twitter now to promote myself and I also like the instantaneous mssgs sent by high profile people that I Follow.

Originally I liked following the political and talk radio folks - then a few people started following me, then I had to kindly Follow them back, now it is just a mess like everyone talking at the same time and I am finding it tiring after about two months. Then if someone Unfollows me, I'm like WTH? Then I'm like "Why do I CARE?" Ugh.

I used to read encyclopedias in the bathroom for many years. I suppose if I had some sort of Wi-fi to take in the bathroom, good heavens, I might actually do it.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/03/2012 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: exiled1

If you want to isolate yourself from the rest of the world, yes, not having a facebook account is a good way.

I keep mine open to have a "social life". Can't really tolerate most people in real life, but on facebook, it's okay.
Much better than the phone, also.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/03/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes.

I tried to join at least two groups in my area, but was constantly left out of things because I wasn't on Facebook. Finally I said "screw you."
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/03/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

you sound proud of that.

Maybe the people w/out Facebook accounts are the people you really need at your events, not the sheeple.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/03/2012 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you want to isolate yourself from the rest of the world, yes, not having a facebook account is a good way.

I keep mine open to have a "social life". Can't really tolerate most people in real life, but on facebook, it's okay.
Much better than the phone, also.

bsflag
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/03/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ItSeesThroughEyes

What????

Man that is really called mental illness I think if people do that. Never even thought about that. I think everyone's lost their minds.

GLP