seventh day adventists are a satanic cult

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7254491
United States
12/03/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
seventh day adventists are a satanic cult
they worship the heretical doctrines of masonic witch ellen white (who is buried
under a giant masonic obelisk (i.e. satan's weiner) - [link to www.spirituallysmart.com]
including heretical teachings such as water baptism being necessary for
salvation, the denial of the existence of a literal hell, and salvation based
on works - [link to www.jesus-is-savior.com]

seventh day adventists are the most deceptive of the evil satanic cults
masquerading as 'Christians,' more than mormons or jehova's witnesses,
because they falsely claim to look to the Word of God alone, when in fact
their cult follows the heretical teachings of satanic witch ellen white...they
won't tell you this upfront

the seventh day adventist satanic cult is also yoked with satan's united
nations which is game over right there - [link to libertytothecaptives.net]

Once anyone recognizes in their heart that they are a sinner against God, the
Lord Jesus Christ, and asks God to forgive their sin and save them in Jesus
name, according to God they are saved (Rom. 10:13).

From there, begin reading God's Word in the King James Bible to learn the
Holy Commandments of Christ, your creator and saviour, and abide in Him.

Do not support this satanic, liberal new age love gospel cult that is preparing
it's lost flock to receive the coming cosmic antichrist.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath
righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with
darkness? (2 Cor. 6:14)

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and
touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you (2 Cor. 6;17)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 706857
United States
12/03/2012 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: seventh day adventists are a satanic cult
they've got a sneaky trick they use that's very effective. first they will promote the very excellent writings of the church reformers of the 16th century and the puritans of the 17th century, and then once you become part of their church they switch it for occult propaganda.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
they've got a sneaky trick they use that's very effective. first they will promote the very excellent writings of the church reformers of the 16th century and the puritans of the 17th century, and then once you become part of their church they switch it for occult propaganda.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 706857

yep, they are the sneakiest because they waive the flag of biblical Christianity,
and then pull a bait and switch on you once you're in
Zerubbabel

User ID: 28990084
United States
12/03/2012 03:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are very refreshing. I had thought that we had lost our cult status when certain members of our church decided that we should join the mainstream of other religions by repudiating doctrines that the religious world had a hard time accepting. Since that time, our church has lost its "distinctive flavor" and is looking more and more like the rest of the religious world.

I find it rather ironic that the very church we try to warn the rest of the world about (Roman Catholic), laughs at most of the Protestant world as following the doctrines of the Roman Catholic church (knowingly and unknowingly) and points out that ONLY the SDA church truly is Sola Scriptura (Bible Alone). The rest of the Protestant world keeps Sunday (a creation of the RC), believes in the Trinity (another Catholic creation with Mary recently being mentioned as one of the Trinity), and a multitude of other things including ceremonies. If we are really a cult, then we have lots of company.

We have been teaching for over a hundred and fifty years that the entire Protestant world will unite with Catholicism (and many other offshoot "cults") and become indistinct from one another. This is currently going on now like I have NEVER seen it in my 67 years. It is as common to see a priest, along with other "charismatic" religionists, speak in "unknown tongues", do faith healing, have communion together (god wafer), and a bunch of other ungodly things. Even the OP calls the Law of God as Holy, but is rejecting the fourth Commandment of keeping the Sabbath holy. He nor anyone can show the Sabbath being done away with, yet feels perfectly comfortable disregarding the commandment altogether. It is only one step away from doing the same that The RC has done--namely, removing the commandment about worshipping idols. I grew up in the RC church and I know the kind of pressure put upon us to do as others are doing--namely, genuflecting whenever faced with a statue of a "holy" person or icon or any representation of things in heaven.

I am proudly a Seventh Day Adventist and I know that my church has its shortcomings. I have tried every way possible to disprove the teachings because they did not agree with the garbage I was taught growing up. In every single case, I have found myself proven wrong--joyfully. As an evangelist, I have found BEAUTIFUL people in all walks of life in every religion--including, of course, RC's. Even among non-believers and downright rude and crude people (including people who have killed other people), I have found precious souls. Many times, I have led people to attend other churches than the SDA. Some are simply not ready to receive the in-your-face truth. Some still need milk and cannot commit to a complete change in the life that true Christianity demands: "Be ye perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." "Faith without works is dead." "Not one jot or tittle" shall change or be taken away from the Law. I believe what God says implicitly. Man's customs and traditions just do not cut it for me. For me it is "thus sayeth the Lord" or nothing. I have tried to disprove Ellen White just as I did the Bible. Again, in every single instance I was proven wrong. She CONSTANTLY points to the Bible and the Bible alone as the foundation. She has consistenly shown that HER WRITINGS are NEVER to be used in any Biblical debate. The FINAL authority is always the Scriptures and any SDA who tries to use HER as the authority without understanding the Scriptures are, in a word, a cult. This can be said of any church or body of believers or of any individual. Blanket statements by anyone on anyone are just simply ignorant. Our battle is "not with flesh and blood, but with principalities and powers and wickedness in high places..." If just one person was persecuted unfairly by these blanket statements, then the person making those statements (even ignorantly) can be held responsible for that person's blood. That's scriptural.

Last Edited by Zerubbabel on 12/03/2012 03:30 PM
The TRUTH is stranger than FICTION.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1667343
United States
12/03/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Church is just another layer of government I don't need in my life.
sabatical
User ID: 6988499
Australia
12/03/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Our battle is "not with flesh and blood, but with principalities and powers and wickedness in high places..."
 Quoting: Zerubbabel

...and there you have it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are very refreshing. I had thought that we had lost our cult status when certain members of our church decided that we should join the mainstream of other religions by repudiating doctrines that the religious world had a hard time accepting. Since that time, our church has lost its "distinctive flavor" and is looking more and more like the rest of the religious world.

I find it rather ironic that the very church we try to warn the rest of the world about (Roman Catholic), laughs at most of the Protestant world as following the doctrines of the Roman Catholic church (knowingly and unknowingly) and points out that ONLY the SDA church truly is Sola Scriptura (Bible Alone). The rest of the Protestant world keeps Sunday (a creation of the RC), believes in the Trinity (another Catholic creation with Mary recently being mentioned as one of the Trinity), and a multitude of other things including ceremonies. If we are really a cult, then we have lots of company.

We have been teaching for over a hundred and fifty years that the entire Protestant world will unite with Catholicism (and many other offshoot "cults") and become indistinct from one another. This is currently going on now like I have NEVER seen it in my 67 years. It is as common to see a priest, along with other "charismatic" religionists, speak in "unknown tongues", do faith healing, have communion together (god wafer), and a bunch of other ungodly things. Even the OP calls the Law of God as Holy, but is rejecting the fourth Commandment of keeping the Sabbath holy. He nor anyone can show the Sabbath being done away with, yet feels perfectly comfortable disregarding the commandment altogether. It is only one step away from doing the same that The RC has done--namely, removing the commandment about worshipping idols. I grew up in the RC church and I know the kind of pressure put upon us to do as others are doing--namely, genuflecting whenever faced with a statue of a "holy" person or icon or any representation of things in heaven.

I am proudly a Seventh Day Adventist and I know that my church has its shortcomings. I have tried every way possible to disprove the teachings because they did not agree with the garbage I was taught growing up. In every single case, I have found myself proven wrong--joyfully. As an evangelist, I have found BEAUTIFUL people in all walks of life in every religion--including, of course, RC's. Even among non-believers and downright rude and crude people (including people who have killed other people), I have found precious souls. Many times, I have led people to attend other churches than the SDA. Some are simply not ready to receive the in-your-face truth. Some still need milk and cannot commit to a complete change in the life that true Christianity demands: "Be ye perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." "Faith without works is dead." "Not one jot or tittle" shall change or be taken away from the Law. I believe what God says implicitly. Man's customs and traditions just do not cut it for me. For me it is "thus sayeth the Lord" or nothing. I have tried to disprove Ellen White just as I did the Bible. Again, in every single instance I was proven wrong. She CONSTANTLY points to the Bible and the Bible alone as the foundation. She has consistenly shown that HER WRITINGS are NEVER to be used in any Biblical debate. The FINAL authority is always the Scriptures and any SDA who tries to use HER as the authority without understanding the Scriptures are, in a word, a cult. This can be said of any church or body of believers or of any individual. Blanket statements by anyone on anyone are just simply ignorant. Our battle is "not with flesh and blood, but with principalities and powers and wickedness in high places..." If just one person was persecuted unfairly by these blanket statements, then the person making those statements (even ignorantly) can be held responsible for that person's blood. That's scriptural.

ellen white's writings are littered with satanic doctrine and language - [link to libertytothecaptives.net]

she was a satanic witch who falsely predicted an exact date for the return of Christ which is blasphemy

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven,
but my Father only. (Matt. 24:36)

Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of
dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord
your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the
Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his
voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. And that prophet, or that
dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death (Deut. 13:3-5)

you simply lie in saying that I reject the Lord's sabbath

Saturday is indeed the Lord's sabbath, and the commandment is to keep it
holy, not to gather under a corrupt spiritual headship yoked with satan's
United Nations and World Council of Churches - [link to www.oikoumene.org]
who install false teachers and women (blasphemy, 1 Tim.. 2:12) to preach in
their pulpits

and as a woman yourself trying to teach, and falsely, one can see how being
under a corrupt spiritual headship can lead one away from Christ, the living
Word (John 1:1, 14)

a follower of Christ is called to reprove evil

God reproves ellen white as a witch, and sda as a satanic cult

if you're a Chrisitan, come out of it, stop supporting it, you've been had

and get into Christ (John 1:1, 14)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29010664
Netherlands
12/03/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh the ijselmeer up right with chaos waves ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26304270
New Zealand
12/03/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP why go on and on about Ellen White when 99% of SDA's simply don't care about her?

I was brought up and SDA and I can tell you for a fact I actually never heard her name even mentioned in the church. Ever.

I heard about her for the first time when I was about 16 from a show on tv! I had to ask my parents and they said she was a woman who said she heard from God etc and they were not really sure about her - that most SDA's obey the Bible and only the Bible.

I really don't get the whole 'Ellen White is satan!' deal. Even if she was....well..she meant nothing to me in the first place anyway! so...

Relax ;)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP why go on and on about Ellen White when 99% of SDA's simply don't care about her?

I was brought up and SDA and I can tell you for a fact I actually never heard her name even mentioned in the church. Ever.

I heard about her for the first time when I was about 16 from a show on tv! I had to ask my parents and they said she was a woman who said she heard from God etc and they were not really sure about her - that most SDA's obey the Bible and only the Bible.

I really don't get the whole 'Ellen White is satan!' deal. Even if she was....well..she meant nothing to me in the first place anyway! so...

Relax ;)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26304270

even without the involvement of that witch, God reproves sda's teachings as
heretical and their spiritual headship as corrupt

it's painful to realize one has been had by the evil one and yoked with something
evil they spent a lifetime believing was good

but I'm not aware of the scripture wherein God calls his followers to be apathetic
and his watchmen to 'relax'
-
User ID: 29002615
United States
12/03/2012 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
ANY denomination that has an international ministry & missions will be 501c3 and UN affiliated. This only means you work with the state laws no different than when Jesus paid taxes and took the census. Jesus also preached in synagogues registered with the Romans who were ruling then.

Water baptism? Really? It is biblical.

While SDA may have some problems around Ellen White, the critics often have even more problems i.e. Christian-Zionists. They attack SDA because of the SDA lack of support for modern state of Israel. (such are 'spirituallysmart' & 'jesus-is-savior')

Ellen and James are buried under markers like any others. There is an obelisk in the graveyard. So get your story straight. And the obelisk is a SUN RAY. But you have no interest in exposing the biggest sun cult in the world in Rome and her daughter churches.

SDA are a denomination that has error like all other denominations. Christian Zionism is a Jesuit creation from the beast in Rome. Still I wouldnt call the many Christians deceived by this 'satanic'.
-
United States
12/03/2012 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
even without the involvement of that witch, God reproves sda's teachings as heretical and their spiritual headship as corrupt

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7254491

You will need to prove that with the Bible. Such as, name one?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
even without the involvement of that witch, God reproves sda's teachings as heretical and their spiritual headship as corrupt

Quoting: - 29002615

Many are reproved above. Read the thread.

Having women preach in the pulpits is blasphemy.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be
in silence. (1 Tim. 2:12)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them
to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a
shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Cor. 14:34-35)

God's Word could not be clearer on the matter. (2 Pet. 1:20, Prov. 30:5-6)

This evil world is always tyring to creatively circumvent the Word to subject God
to this evil world (Gal. 1:4) instead of subjecting this evil world to God.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
ANY denomination that has an international ministry & missions will be 501c3 and UN affiliated. This only means you work with the state laws no different than when Jesus paid taxes and took the census. Jesus also preached in synagogues registered with the Romans who were ruling then.

While SDA may have some problems around Ellen White, the critics often have even more problems i.e. Christian-Zionists. They attack SDA because of the SDA lack of support for modern state of Israel. (such are 'spirituallysmart' & 'jesus-is-savior')

Ellen and James are buried under markers like any others. There is an obelisk in the graveyard. So get your story straight. And the obelisk is a SUN RAY. But you have no interest in exposing the biggest sun cult in the world in Rome and her daughter churches.

SDA are a denomination that has error like all other denominations. Christian Zionism is a Jesuit creation from the beast in Rome. Still I wouldnt call the many Christians deceived by this 'satanic'.

Who cares what the 'critics' say. The Word is all that matters.

True, there are tons of satanic cults, but this thread is about the SDA satanic
cult. SDA is the most deceitful though, because most others can be smelled
a mile away. SDA is sneaky.

If a person wants to get water baptized, fine.

SDA satanic doctrine teaches that water baptism is required for salvation.

That is blasphemy. (Eph. 2:8)

Again, I'm not calling anyone anything. The Word is the only judge.
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Many are reproved above. Read the thread.

Having women preach in the pulpits is blasphemy.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (1 Tim. 2:12)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Cor. 14:34-35)

God's Word could not be clearer on the matter. (2 Pet. 1:20, Prov. 30:5-6)

This evil world is always tyring to creatively circumvent the Word to subject God to this evil world (Gal. 1:4) instead of subjecting this evil world to God.

Im not defending Ellen White, only the doctrines of the SDAs, most I find biblical.

SDA dont use female pastors at this point. Ellen was said to be a prophet, not a pastor. There are examples of OT female prophets God used. Although Ellen White and other SDA founder were wrong about a couple of doctrines (Earth Beast & Sunday Laws) most of what are in her books was just common Christian well understood theology of the day, since lost by most of Christianity.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28988802
Australia
12/03/2012 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Go to your local Orthodox Church. They aren't Roman Catholic. The Orthodox Church is the first, original church. They hold services on sunday, and the Trinity is accepted there. So maybe you can't just blame all your differences on the Roman Catholic Church?
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Who cares what the 'critics' say. The Word is all that matters.

True, there are tons of satanic cults, but this thread is about the SDA satanic cult. SDA is the most deceitful though, because most others can be smelled a mile away. SDA is sneaky.

If a person wants to get water baptized, fine.

SDA satanic doctrine teaches that water baptism is required for salvation.

That is blasphemy. (Eph. 2:8)

Again, I'm not calling anyone anything. The Word is the only judge.

There are a lot of Christian denominations in error about many doctrines, that does not make them 'satanic'. They may have been founded by agents of satan but the Christians within are just misled like most others.

You say:

Eph 2:8 "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

-

Understand "the wages of sin is death" but by grace we are saved. Grace is forgiveness of sin. This doesnt mean we do not need baptism. The verse doesnt say that and no doctrine is built upon any one verse.

Jesus set the example for his new followers with baptism that symbolizes the coming resurrection.
-
"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5

"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned." Mark 16:16.

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. ... knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:4-6
-
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Understand "the wages of sin is death" but by grace we are saved. Grace is forgiveness of sin or that we may continue in sin such as observing the wrong day of worship. The only way to get grace is by repenting, and repenting means to sin no more. No repenting, no grace.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/03/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Understand "the wages of sin is death" but by grace we are saved. Grace is forgiveness of sin or that we may continue in sin such as observing the wrong day of worship. The only way to get grace is by repenting, and repenting means to sin no more. No repenting, no grace.

where does the bible say, 'It is wrong to worship on this day'?

it is quite okay to worship on any day.
Ra
User ID: 18672192
New Zealand
12/03/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Relax ;)

hay there, eye also was brought up SDA, heard her name a couple of times, every religion has there prophet teachings, Ellen G White is just one of many.

Now i go to no church, could never find what i was looking for there, i found it within, the holy church/sacred place is within us

hf

The true temples of the Great God are not structures of stone and brick. They are places of quietude in your heart and home where you listen to the awakening of your soul as it responds to the conscious contact with Him. His worship is your labour among his people. His praise is the song in your heart. His adoration is your joy of living.

Kolbrin

[link to www.bibliotecapleyades.net]
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28988802

God sanctified the 7th-day. It is God's Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath.

Dont complicate the issue as if we are not Christian every day.
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kolbrin

kolbrin.htm#contents
 Quoting: Ra 18672192

Kolbrin would be a gnostic text without any Christian support. We have all the Christian books in the Bible.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/03/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

God never said, "Christians must worship on the sabbath". Also He never said "Christians must not worship on sunday". Those are just made up rules that people try to impose on others.

You said "observing the wrong day of worship", so go ahead and quote where the bible says that woshipping on sunday is wrong. Or if you can't find that in tbe bible, maybe you need to re-think your position?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21098952
Canada
12/03/2012 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
One Bible Thumper bashing another Bible Thumper. LOL

And a very angry one at that. One Witch does not make a Religion Honey.

Each group or Chapter in all Religions has its own special way of looking at things. Your pushing the extremes. Not all of it is like that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1321115
United States
12/03/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Relax ;)

even without the involvement of that witch, God reproves sda's teachings as
heretical and their spiritual headship as corrupt

it's painful to realize one has been had by the evil one and yoked with something
evil they spent a lifetime believing was good

but I'm not aware of the scripture wherein God calls his followers to be apathetic
and his watchmen to 'relax'

That's fine that you feel that way, but simply saying it does not make it true. As we are always counseled to look at a person's "fruit", tell me, what SDA teachings are "satanic" and "heretic"?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26191271
United States
12/03/2012 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Christians are a fucking Satanic cult. They avoid any real critical thinking and deny god's blessings in the form of psychoactive plants. You cannot know christ unless you die and are saved. . . Through the ego death that psychedelics provide.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1321115
United States
12/03/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

God never said, "Christians must worship on the sabbath". Also He never said "Christians must not worship on sunday". Those are just made up rules that people try to impose on others.

You said "observing the wrong day of worship", so go ahead and quote where the bible says that woshipping on sunday is wrong. Or if you can't find that in tbe bible, maybe you need to re-think your position?

Let's quote it as written, shall we? The verse says to "Honor the Seventh Day" and counsels us to refrain from work on that day.

It is well understood that the Seventh Day is Saturday. Look up Saturday in any dictionary and it will tell you "the seventh day of the week". Our calendar even starts on a Sunday and ends on Saturday.

There is no verse anywhere in the Bible that tells us to worship on Sunday, correct. However, we are going against God's will when we fail to observe Saturday.
-
United States
12/03/2012 05:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Like Christmas, Sunday is a doctrine of men - it comes from the Roman Church who changed the day long ago. This would break God's 4th commandment about his Sabbath and god's 1st command about following other gods. Sunday comes from the sun worshiping religion of Rome.

more here with that history

[link to www.sabbathtosundaychange.com]

"Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

And yes we are commanded to 'rest' on the Sabbath (Saturday) that is to commemorate creation and the Creator as it says in the fourth commandment (see: God's 10C Law, Ex 20)

How God expects us to observe the day is also well understood by his people who read his word:

Is 58:13 If you turn away your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

Ez 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Ez 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.

Hebrews 4:4-8 For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest ... For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest to the people of God.
Zerubbabel

User ID: 28990084
United States
12/03/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pretty good dialogue going on here. I am thankful for most of the comments and make no judgements at all on either the charges made against the SDA church or its founder Ellen White and her husband James white. As a very real matter of fact, Ellen White correctly foretold the state of the church today as it stands. As one poster stated, there are many churches which call themselves SDA, but have never heard or discuss the writings of Ellen White. I try my best to understand what even the staunchest of critics say and why they feel the way they do. Quite frankly, I have looked over the material posted and checked the links to see if there was anything there that I have not seen before. Again, quite frankly, I was disappointed at the scholarship involved. I just found mostly grasping at straws.

Unless nobody has really noticed, the entire world is falling into apostasy. A whole bunch of "reformed" SDA's are calling for the same thing as the OP--"come out of her my people". They think themselves enlightened and make judgement upon them, and I can fully understand why. Most simply do not want to be looked upon as "fringe" or cultic and they certainly do not want to experience tribulation. For many, their 'gods' have become their health message, the Sabbath question, doctrinal differences, vegetarianism, and a number of other things. I still love them dearly just as I do many of other denominations, and I fully expect many of them to respond to the "straight and true testimony" called forth by the True Witness to the Laodiceans which represents lukewarmness in ALL the churches on earth in these last days of earth's history.

The enemy of souls has had a field day with the SDA church. There are champions of God there just as there are everywhere. God has His agents throughout the world and in the palaces and courts and political institutions, holding back the tide of evil untill all things are in place. There are many "sighing and crying for all the abominations in the earth--not the least being our own beloved church. Who do you think Satan will FIRST send his agents to? To those churches who are already under his control. No, he will try to subjugate God's people who are SEEKING to do God's will and have not fallen to Satan's delusions and deceptions. As the Lord said to Elijah in his darkest hour, He still has His 7000 who have not bowed to Baal. He was not alone and neither are we. As the OP stated, all of Ellen White's writings are there for anyone to read at their leisure for free. I have read ALL of it over the last 40 years, and I am the most critical reader of anything. She has done nothing but open the scriptures to me in wonderful beauty. Mock on you soldiers of the cross if that is what is called from you. I have studied every religion on earth over these last 40 years, and I have come away wanting until I found a book completely by "accident" which filled every yearning in my soul for truth. Did the church fill my need? Absolutely not. We cannot trust in the "arm of man"--however enlightened he may appear to be. We cannot make blanket statements about New Age thinking any more than we can about anything else. Just because similar language is used does not make us New Agers. Most of what Ellen White wrote was in the 1800's. Because someone picks it up and uses the same words such as "Mother Earth", it does not make the original writer New Age. The "proof" of her "witchcraft" is very poor at best, and outright lies at worst. In all that I have read and seen, she was just a very humble woman who had several children and only one man in her entire life. She dressed VERY conservatively, and donated untold millions from her writings to hospitals, sanitariums, churches (many of which she raised herself), and untold amounts of money to needy people throughout the world--often right out of the blue and at exactly the moment it was needed. This was all at a time when there were no "writeoffs" or tax deductions for charity. No amount of mockery can change that. She was the most prolific writer in history (either male or female), traveled the entire world and established churches all over the world that still stand today--often facing adversity which would wilt most of us. This is my story and I will gladly stand with the people of God when the enemy comes to destroy us.
The TRUTH is stranger than FICTION.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/03/2012 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Let's quote it as written, shall we? The verse says to "Honor the Seventh Day" and counsels us to refrain from work on that day.

It is well understood that the Seventh Day is Saturday. Look up Saturday in any dictionary and it will tell you "the seventh day of the week". Our calendar even starts on a Sunday and ends on Saturday.

There is no verse anywhere in the Bible that tells us to worship on Sunday, correct. However, we are going against God's will when we fail to observe Saturday.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1321115

Why didn't you quote the verse you are referring to? You can't just pull a few words out of somewhere and say "SEE!! TOLD YOU SO!!!".

There is nowhere in the bible where it says "Christians must observe Saturday." If you think there is, please quote it.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/03/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Like Christmas, Sunday is a doctrine of men - it comes from the Roman Church who changed the day long ago. This would break God's 4th commandment about his Sabbath and god's 1st command about following other gods. Sunday comes from the sun worshiping religion of Rome.

more here with that history

[link to www.sabbathtosundaychange.com]

"Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

And yes we are commanded to 'rest' on the Sabbath (Saturday) that is to commemorate creation and the Creator as it says in the fourth commandment (see: God's 10C Law, Ex 20)

Here is some of what God commanded the Israelites about the sabbath:

12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.

13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
(Deuteronomy 5:12-15)

Please note these important details:

* God commanded the Israelites to keep the sabbath, because He rescued them from slavery in Egypt. Nowhere in that passage did God say anything about what Christians should do.

* Nowhere in that passage did God say "Christians must go to church on the sabbath". God said Israelites must stay home and not work on the sabbath. Not the same thing at all.

* Nowhere in that passage did God say "Christians must not go to church on sunday". There is nothing about sunday at all in that passage.

God commanded the Israelites to stay home and not work on the sabbath. God did not command the Christians to go to church on saturday and refrain from going to church on sunday.

God commanded the Israelites to do a lot of other things regarding the sabbath, such as executing people who break the sabbath, for example. Do you execute sabbath-breakers? Or do you think "Go to church on saturday" is a good enougn approximation to what God commanded the Israelites to do?

You can't focus on one detail "what day is the sabbath" and ignore all the other details, such as "who did God command to keep the sabbath", "why did He command them to keep the sabbath", "what did He command them to do on the sabbath".

Nowhere in the ten commandments or anywhere else in the bible did God command "Christians must go to church on saturday".

GLP