Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29275497
South Africa
12/07/2012 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
IT just VANISHED!
Any ideas welcome, as I'm absolutely baffled. And here is my story:

I'm alone at home, working at computer. Feel hungry, go to the kitchen next room, get some chicken - leftover from yesterday's dinner, in a microwave-friendly plastic bowl. I put it into the microwave, set 3 min., go back to computer. Three minutes pass, the MW beeps (that's normal). I go back to the kitchen, and here the abnormality starts.
I open the MW - and it's totally empty! No meal, no bowl, nothing. Like a child, I close the door and open it again - hoping it reappears... I know, stupid. Still, the MW is empty. Just the distinctive flavour of my food in the oven, and some humidity in the air. Seems, the dish definitely was here and vanished perhaps on the very last moment.
I searched the kitchen, then other rooms. This happened two days ago. The meal or the bowl did not resurface this far. I don't know what else to say, I was alone at home, doors locked, bars on all windows (we are in South Africa). I don't smoke nor abuse any substances, no brain damages, no sunstrokes, never had a hallucination... everything else was very normal. I had to cook myself another food, luckily it did not disappear... :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29294137
United States
12/07/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: IT just VANISHED!

I'm alone at home, working at computer. Feel hungry, go to the kitchen next room, get some chicken - leftover from yesterday's dinner, in a microwave-friendly plastic bowl. I put it into the microwave, set 3 min., go back to computer. Three minutes pass, the MW beeps (that's normal). I go back to the kitchen, and here the abnormality starts.
I open the MW - and it's totally empty! No meal, no bowl, nothing. Like a child, I close the door and open it again - hoping it reappears... I know, stupid. Still, the MW is empty. Just the distinctive flavour of my food in the oven, and some humidity in the air. Seems, the dish definitely was here and vanished perhaps on the very last moment.
I searched the kitchen, then other rooms. This happened two days ago. The meal or the bowl did not resurface this far. I don't know what else to say, I was alone at home, doors locked, bars on all windows (we are in South Africa). I don't smoke nor abuse any substances, no brain damages, no sunstrokes, never had a hallucination... everything else was very normal. I had to cook myself another food, luckily it did not disappear... :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29275497

Very very weird.. I have a feeling stuff like that might start happening more and more soon..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29294730
Netherlands
12/07/2012 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Defencive ..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22788475
Canada
12/07/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Similar events have happened to me as well...makes you think
doesn't it?

A glitch in the matrix?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29232005
United Kingdom
12/07/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh just think of all those waves with nowhere to go and nothing to absorb them until you opend that door.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19505114
Australia
12/07/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

are you wi fi connection
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28319754
United States
12/07/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
All I know is I went to bed night before last and when I awoke I was EXHAUSTED! Legs were sore like I had been running a treadmill all night, I limped to walk! Very odd indeed since the only activity I done the few days prior was regular housework ... Nothing extra!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29077765
United States
12/07/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interdimensional leftovers are a bitch
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21160675
United States
12/07/2012 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Your mind wipes out memory of the routine. You ate it and forgot about it. Like driving home, it becomes automatic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29077765
United States
12/07/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Your mind wipes out memory of the routine. You ate it and forgot about it. Like driving home, it becomes automatic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Bowl and all?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29292403
Australia
12/07/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
quite a few years ago, something similar happened with a jar of peanut butter, i put it on the bench with the butter to make sandwiches, turned around got the bread out , turned back around, butter still there peanut butter GONE.
home alone and all in the space of about 3 seconds.
i searched for days cleaned out the fridge freezer cupboards, looked in the bins, nothing.gone.Never even found the container, even when i moved house the next year i thought it may have shown up..nothing.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 29275497
South Africa
12/07/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm a small woman, weighting about 50 kg. My stomach could hardly fit in a meal, forget it and immediately ask for more. And the bowl is gone, too. Maybe you folks should check your MWs for teleported chicken, and bon appétit if you find it, I actually cook well :)
Mordier L'eft

User ID: 28308154
Canada
12/07/2012 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
you passed through a quantum nexus point into a parallel dimension where you had already fetched and eaten the food.

it's like when you can't find your key, can't find your keys and can't find your keys and then you find them where you've just looked five times....it's because you've passed through one of those nexus points into a dimension where you hadn't put those keys there yet.
--"In this era of great big brains anything that can happen will. So hunker down." -- Kurt Vonnegut, JR. -- Galapagos.
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
12/07/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yogi Bear has been to visit..
bobs your uncle

User ID: 4585889
United States
12/07/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thats a cool story. Most times i scoff at the stuff on here..

koolaid
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14093935
United States
12/07/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Op, you think that's wierd, you should here my story.

So i'm in my kitchen and I am trying to set the timer on my microwave for 3 minutes, and I hit cook instead by mistake...but theres nothing in the microwave...until I open there door...

Out of no where, in a microwave safe bowl that I don't own, is fully reheated chicken.

I mean, WTF???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19612400
United States
12/07/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cool story...and I have been there before but the item always comes back within at least 20 minutes...right to the first spot I looked for it (in your case that would be in the microwave). I think it may have something to do with switching realities...for me, I always switch back to the one I am on now - for you, you got on a different reality and are staying there (here). Too much has changed between realities for you to go back and be with your micromeal again. Another you in your previous reality enjoyed it and never wrote this thread. In that reality, we might all have died in a meteor impact or something in the time since your lunch.... so you made the right choice.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19535695
United States
12/07/2012 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19548421
United Kingdom
12/07/2012 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
A few years ago my sister and I were both smokers and we were sitting on her balcony having a ciggy and a chat using a large Greek pottery ashtray that was on the table. I turned to stub out my cig and the ashtray had vanished! neither of us had moved and it had been there seconds before.

About a week later we came back from shopping and there, sitting smack in the middle of her polished wood floor was this ashtray, complete with stubbed out cigs and ash!!

I've had a few things go since then and now don't bother to look for them. They do often turn up again and almost always in the middle of a floor.
Ozicell

User ID: 28824185
Australia
12/07/2012 06:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Weird but what's weirder is that so many are now reporting these things. Seems dimensional slips are becoming more frequent the closer to 12/21/12 we get.
That which is - has already been, And what is to be - has already been. Quote: King Solomon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29252892
Australia
12/07/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: >~* Flutterby Fringe*~<

I've seen this before.

The tattoo on his "older self" looks awfully new to me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29298475
Brazil
12/07/2012 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
This thread is a PSY-OP

OP is a paid shill

whatever
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1406851
Netherlands
12/07/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
2 days ago?!
Meow...
User ID: 3650237
United States
12/07/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
quite a few years ago, something similar happened with a jar of peanut butter, i put it on the bench with the butter to make sandwiches, turned around got the bread out , turned back around, butter still there peanut butter GONE.
home alone and all in the space of about 3 seconds.
i searched for days cleaned out the fridge freezer cupboards, looked in the bins, nothing.gone.Never even found the container, even when i moved house the next year i thought it may have shown up..nothing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29292403

Happened to me with a coffee cup. Just 'poof!'.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17552394
United States
12/07/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Similar story.. Couple weeks ago, had a few friends over for drinks.. Drank a few beers, few shots and just were shootin the breeze.. There was an unwanted shot of whiskey Id thrown in the fridge for a later night cap.. Well, all was well until last night.. The shot was on the top shelf along side a half empty cube of canned beer, upside down??? Simple right? Someone drank the shot and replaced the shot glass upside down.. So, I grab it to throw in the wash.. This is where it gets weird.. The shot glass, upside down, is stuck to the shelf.. As I free it, the whiskey contents, a whole shot, dumps all about the fridge...
Now, riddle me this? How, in a locked empty house, does a full shot glass get upside down with out spilling the contents??? Perplexed..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29296338
United States
12/07/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is crazy weird! I have had stuff disappear like that only to resurface days later in the exact same place I left it. I wouldn't be surprised if your chicken shows up back in the microwave. very very strange things indeed. strange times we live in.
Meow...
User ID: 3650237
United States
12/07/2012 07:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Weird but what's weirder is that so many are now reporting these things. Seems dimensional slips are becoming more frequent the closer to 12/21/12 we get.
 Quoting: Ozicell

This,I believe.
Artaius

User ID: 29302387
Germany
12/07/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Had something similar, but it didn´´t vanish.
I have a vase, that is standing on my wall-shelf.
Some days ago, I sat on my couch, my elbow bumped against my vase... I was looking behind me and it stood right behind me on the backrest of my couch. So either I´m sleepwalking (what I actually do sometimes) and put it there or... don´t know..

Just remember, I red about similar experiences the last time here.
There will come a time when you believe everything ends.
This will be the beginning
[Louis L'Amour]

~ A r c t u r u s
natasha77

User ID: 28641059
United States
12/07/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm a small woman, weighting about 50 kg. My stomach could hardly fit in a meal, forget it and immediately ask for more. And the bowl is gone, too. Maybe you folks should check your MWs for teleported chicken, and bon appétit if you find it, I actually cook well :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

I believe you! LOL, i'm sorry, i think its funny and its the kind of thing that would happen to me, although it hasn't.
I'm the one whose been seeing the same random person in two places at the same time.
For real, so i believe you!
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Artaius

User ID: 29302460
Germany
12/07/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I do think so²

Quoting: Ozicell

This,I believe.
 Quoting: Meow... 3650237

There will come a time when you believe everything ends.
This will be the beginning
[Louis L'Amour]

~ A r c t u r u s
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29281258
United States
12/07/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was the hungry man living in your walls or crawl space.

GLP