Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,188 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 79,324
Pageviews Today: 139,271Threads Today: 57Posts Today: 705
01:20 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18225135
United States
12/07/2012 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?
California, New York, and Florida or any of their surrounding states..... no bueno

Texas is good; Central to West Texas is better. Stay in the Plains states - most Western portions of the Midwest, Southwestern states or the Mountains; Ozarks probably the exception in the dirty South.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18225135

Now if Yellowstone goes, then everyone is screwed. But it ain't gonna happen. We many other things to worry about first.
Uke  (OP)

User ID: 28017433
United States
12/07/2012 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Denial.

It's not just a river in Egypt.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29307010

That's the BEST you've got? Honey you need to get a new repetoire'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29311374

Another day... Another degenerate Oztard.

Boddy hell, why are so many Americans so fucking stupid?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29316580

We're not all like that. When the carton gets dropped, you're always gonna have a few cracked eggs...
Ralph--a house dog

User ID: 25802009
United States
12/07/2012 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
My point was that every place has some sort of bad reason to be there, both natural and big gov related.

No place is better than others. have faith in yourself and not a location. Whatever hits the fan be ready to run, help out or enjoy the last act.

If you did manage to pick a safe place, you'll never escape the refugees. If the gov survives, there will be displacements, and the golden horde won't necessarily need to be on foot. Remember, all the fema camps are supposedely set up near rail lines.

Maybe the best way out is to stay mobile?

{quoting AC 27815245}
---------------------------------------------------

That's possible for some; of course being on the move most of the time would have its advantages and drawbacks.

On a related note, having a hidden retreat location as a fallback from where you have set up your home base would be a good idea especially if you are alone or with only a few others.

Even if it is just a cave or a hut surrounded by thick brush, if it is stocked with some basic items it could save you if are in danger of being overrun by the hungry hordes.

Last Edited by Ralph--a house dog on 12/08/2012 12:03 AM
"Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night.....Rage, rage against the dying of the light"-----Dylan Thomas

HIS NAME IS SETH RICH

[link to biblicalselfdefense.com]

[link to forum.1111ers.blog]

Always remember that "for the greater good" will not include YOU.

"Who decides?"
---Robert A. Heinlein

-'Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.'—Benjamin Franklin

[link to www.westcoasttruth.com]

The only thing worth paying full retail for is pantyhose.

You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27815245
United States
12/08/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
People must not travel much anymore. This picture of the US that's being painted is what's delusional. How many armchair commandos were disarmed during katrina? If it gets as bad as everybody is making it out to be then no one is safe, or better off. This whole locals versus intruders makes me laugh. WE this and we that. Give me a break. There is no we, there are no protective small towns looking after their own, rural people act just like city people and vice versa.

I've heard many people across the country talk just like this and the truth is when the shit hits the fan most people go running to govdaddy.

Provide an example of any time in recent history when a disaster happened and people made it without the gov.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27815245

Actually true.

Small town people can be some of the worst in terms of self-serving and unenlightened behaviors. It is a myth that in the event of some devastating SHTF scenario everyone in rural areas will be safe and protected and living in some warm & fuzzy communal-type setting.
 Quoting: itsamadmadworld

On a similar note, it's also a myth that you can just go up to the mountains and hunt & fish and live off the land and make the rest of your life into one big fun camping trip....
 Quoting: Uke

EXACTLY!!! Try doing it right now with no threats or disaster and see how hard it is! There is no wilderness left in this country that desperate people will not overrun. I've seen it happen in some of the most remote locations you can find.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20514729
United States
12/08/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
are you stupid ? the republic of Texas is the place be commie!battleflag
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/08/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
are you stupid ? the republic of Texas is the place be commie!battleflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20514729

25 million people in a desperate search for water that doesn't exist... That's gonna be a whole lotta fun...blackeye
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
My point was that every place has some sort of bad reason to be there, both natural and big gov related.

No place is better than others. have faith in yourself and not a location. Whatever hits the fan be ready to run, help out or enjoy the last act.

If you did manage to pick a safe place, you'll never escape the refugees. If the gov survives, there will be displacements, and the golden horde won't necessarily need to be on foot. Remember, all the fema camps are supposedely set up near rail lines.

Maybe the best way out is to stay mobile?
 Quoting: Ralph--a house dog

quoting AC 27815245
------------

That's possible for some; of course being on the move most of the time would have its advantages and drawbacks.

On a related note, having a hidden retreat location as a fallback from where you have set up your home base would be a good idea especially if you are alone or with only a few others.

Even if it is just a cave or a hut surrounded by thick brush, if it is stocked with some basic items it could save you if are in danger of being overrun by the hungry hordes.

Yes it has drawbacks, I'm certainly glad I'm practicing while times are good. It's been a reality check for sure. I've realized that no amount of preps will prepare you for what you really run into.

Prepping is good but it only goes so far. Being able to keep a clear head and make good decisions is the only thing that saves you. And how do you prep for that???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28032678
Puerto Rico
12/08/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in Texas right now (not where I wanted to be at this particular moment in history) -fortunately far enough outside a major metro area where I would be relatively safe for a little while anyway. I think Texas is probably one of the worst places to be when the dollar collapse happens. I'm hoping it holds off until I can get back to my home state of Washington in the spring.

What state or states do folks deem the worst to be in and why...?

Puerto Rico...island full of animals.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
12/08/2012 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
stay far, far away from all coastlines
stay far, far away from all urban areas
stay far, far away from any integrated area

carry on.....
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
12/08/2012 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Florida is the worst you can only travel north. Hawaii for obvious reasons
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10310459

Hey, hey, hey... In Hawaii you don't need AC or a heater depending on elevation and there are always fish in the sea. Because of the climate food grows all year round. However, Honolulu has way too many people. Best to be where there is low population density.
 Quoting: Alexander

Hey Alex! I read the other day that Hawaii was one of the states where the "takers" outnumber the "workers". Couldn't that be a problem? And what about that thousand-foot tsunami wave?
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28870983

What do you mean by integrated?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29298981
United States
Report Abusive Post
Perth.
itsamadmadworld

User ID: 29299969
United States
Report Abusive Post
People must not travel much anymore. This picture of the US that's being painted is what's delusional. How many armchair commandos were disarmed during katrina? If it gets as bad as everybody is making it out to be then no one is safe, or better off. This whole locals versus intruders makes me laugh. WE this and we that. Give me a break. There is no we, there are no protective small towns looking after their own, rural people act just like city people and vice versa.

I've heard many people across the country talk just like this and the truth is when the shit hits the fan most people go running to govdaddy.

Provide an example of any time in recent history when a disaster happened and people made it without the gov.

Actually true.

Small town people can be some of the worst in terms of self-serving and unenlightened behaviors. It is a myth that in the event of some devastating SHTF scenario everyone in rural areas will be safe and protected and living in some warm & fuzzy communal-type setting.

On a similar note, it's also a myth that you can just go up to the mountains and hunt & fish and live off the land and make the rest of your life into one big fun camping trip....

That is so true, too . . . plus I cannot believe how many times posters here have said that everyone in cities should just pick up and get out and go to the country.

I've found the pomposity of many "rural folks" to be . . . well, pompous. cool2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29307010
United States
12/08/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's the BEST you've got? Honey you need to get a new repetoire'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29311374

Another day... Another degenerate Oztard.

Boddy hell, why are so many Americans so fucking stupid?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29316580

We're not all like that. When the carton gets dropped, you're always gonna have a few cracked eggs...

Not all of Aussies are degenerate scum either. Just the vast majority on this forum. Including the nitwit Oztard above. ^^^
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/08/2012 12:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Actually true.

That is so true, too . . . plus I cannot believe how many times posters here have said that everyone in cities should just pick up and get out and go to the country.

I've found the pomposity of many "rural folks" to be . . . well, pompous. cool2

If they think they want to be in the country for shtf, they need need to be out there well before said event...
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

I'm white so I chose an area that's 99% white and amish. So we're not integrated with minorities.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

I'd like to know what he means by "stay away from all coastlines".

What is with all of these tards who think that a gigantic tsunami is "imminent"? And how far inland do they think that an average Tsunami travels? lol...

I put these people in the same league as the "California is going to break off and sink" crowd.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

I'm white so I chose an area that's 99% white and amish. So we're not integrated with minorities.

In other words, as close to paradise as one could ever hope for.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

What is with all of these tards who think that a gigantic tsunami is "imminent"? And how far inland do they think that an average Tsunami travels? lol...

I put these people in the same league as the "California is going to break off and sink" crowd.

Look at NJ and Ft Lauderdale. Wiped out as in gone. No thanks.....
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
12/08/2012 12:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just remember this, Ted Turner wants to turn most of the west into a territory for the bison.

His last goal was to become the largest land holder in the u.s.

He is now the largest private land holder in North America.

I wouldn't bet against his ability to achieve a goal.

And NO, he and Jane were never thrown out of a Wyoming restaurant by the proud owner.

Would you rather Ted Turner owns it....or the government if SHTF?

Think about it.
 Quoting: Burt Gummer

LOL!! Ted Turner IS the government,or the illuminati. Along with Bill Gates, who wants to vaccinate everyone with poisoned vaccines to achieve major population reduction. I imagine Obama feels totally at ease with them, and their agendas fit right in with HIS plans for the nation.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

I would have thought that any amish community would't be far enough away from the city of "brotherly" love.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29318848
United States
12/08/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
The state of sleep. I have always feared that I would wake up someday with the utilities cut and the military already moved in to my town. Or zombies at my door. Or riots at the supermarket.

This site has given me snoozaphobia. So I stay awake and sleep as little as possible.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

Wrong coast, dude.

Don't have to worry about hurricanes if you are on the right (or in this case left) coast. You couldn't pay me ANY amount of money to live on the East coast, or Gulf coast.

But I do agree that I wouldn't want to live anywhere south of Oregon on this coast. However, I'm not worried about any Tsunamis. Not unless I'm in the tsunami flood zone, which I'm not.
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/08/2012 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

La Cumbre Vieja.... Google it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16792270
United States
12/08/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
SO IS THAT COMET REAL IN THE OTHER THREAD? ARE WE REALLY GONNA SEE DOOM ON DECEMBER 21, 2012? ABOUT TIME. I ALWAYS FIGURED DECEMBER 21 WOULD BE THE END ALL FOR EITHER DOOMER PREDICTIONS OR THE ACTUAL WORLD (OR AT LEAST A REAL PREDICTED POTENTIAL DOOM SCENERIO WHICH DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE WILL DIE BUT SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENS)
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

Here's where the error was (Check the bold lettering).
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

My MIL used to say cali is dangerous because of earthquakes, meanwhile her hometown in N.Dakota has a devastating flood every five years or so. People turn a blind eye and always believe they are in the best place and everywhere else is BAD BAD BAD!
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/08/2012 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
SO IS THAT COMET REAL IN THE OTHER THREAD? ARE WE REALLY GONNA SEE DOOM ON DECEMBER 21, 2012? ABOUT TIME. I ALWAYS FIGURED DECEMBER 21 WOULD BE THE END ALL FOR EITHER DOOMER PREDICTIONS OR THE ACTUAL WORLD (OR AT LEAST A REAL PREDICTED POTENTIAL DOOM SCENERIO WHICH DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE WILL DIE BUT SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENS)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16792270

I guarantee 100% that will not happen. Your biggest enemy right now is a potential dollar collapse or a false flag to justify our govt. launching dead first into WW3...
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

carry on.....

La Cumbre Vieja.... Google it.

Not sure where "Cumbre Vieja" is, and not really concerned.

I live in the PNW near the coast, and have had family here long before I ever came here (18 years ago). Not a single one of them has been taken out by a Tsunami yet.
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/08/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16792270

I guarantee 100% that will not happen. Your biggest enemy right now is a potential dollar collapse or a false flag to justify our govt. launching dead first into WW3...

er, head first I mean.

GLP