Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,109 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 236,374
Pageviews Today: 389,768Threads Today: 117Posts Today: 1,930
04:13 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1306067
United States
12/07/2012 09:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?
TSHTF won't happen, that is unless a meteor or something hits Earth, and the odds of that are slim to none. Despite what you retards might think, our world is in a much better standing then it has ever been. We've gone over 50 years without a major war, regional conflicts are minimal, and economic worries are nothing more then fantasies to make people spend more money. The chances for a major war are FAR away. We're not even at 10% of the tension as we were in the Cold War and we still didn't go to war.

Living your life around something that will most likely never happen is a fucking train wreck of a way to live. Ignore the bull shit or use it for entertainment, but don't live by it. These people on here are pure idiots, it's like taking advice from people in a retard asylum if you really buy into 99% of the junk on here.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22151483

Is that you Rachel Maddow?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29285172
United States
Report Abusive Post
The worse state to be in is "Outside of Jesus's Saving Graice".

Seek you first the Kingdom of Heaven, then no need to worry about anything else.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29305086
Germany
Report Abusive Post
You will be protected by the country people if you can convince them you are bringing their subsidy checks. They not accept outsiders otherwise even though they don't remember how they got there.

Denounce your U.S. citizenship and you can live on the pine ridge reservation with Russell Means and A.I.M.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27815245

Subsidy checks? Country people?

You must have a twisted sense of humor, or you're just plain ignorant. Less than 1 percent of 'country' people receive gov't subsidies. Only the big wheat farmers and such get those checks.

Me and Billy Bob collect cans on the highway, right??

We'ums just be simple folk 'n such.

Stay the fuck out of Eastern Washington son.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1306067

chuckle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29307010
United States
12/07/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
TSHTF won't happen, that is unless a meteor or something hits Earth, and the odds of that are slim to none. Despite what you retards might think, our world is in a much better standing then it has ever been. We've gone over 50 years without a major war, regional conflicts are minimal, and economic worries are nothing more then fantasies to make people spend more money. The chances for a major war are FAR away. We're not even at 10% of the tension as we were in the Cold War and we still didn't go to war.

Living your life around something that will most likely never happen is a fucking train wreck of a way to live. Ignore the bull shit or use it for entertainment, but don't live by it. These people on here are pure idiots, it's like taking advice from people in a retard asylum if you really buy into 99% of the junk on here.

lmaolmaolmaolmaolmao
Resister

User ID: 1461638
United States

Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Then again, being in Tennessee is SH1T anytime, anyway.

Incredibly, at the age of 52, I have never, ever, encountered a person from Tennessee who is not an uneducated, aggressive primadonna punk.

And the idea of being there when civilization collapses is truly, truly scary.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29278610

You obviously don't surround yourself with the proper folks. Maybe, just maybe, you're not quite as smart as you think.

Tennessee will be one of the best states in the country if you are a patriot that believes in freedom. If not, you may want to move now.
 Quoting: SaveUSa

I think AC8610 lives in the wrong areas of said State.
 Quoting: IRQ_1

... or they are just another bigotted yankee who came here to escape the economic disaster of their home state without ever realizing what insulting assholes they are outside of their self destructive condescendingly rude culture.
"God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed... If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty... Let them take arms... What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. " - Thomas Jefferson in 1787
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
Report Abusive Post
Wyoming is the earthly equivalent of Mars.Good luck with the wind and snow.

I once knew a neighbor who moved to Wyoming with her husband and 3 kids. They were back in Oregon within a year. She said that it was all deep snow and mud in the winter, and in the summer (which was incredibly hot) the mud turned to dust and covered EVERYTHING. This woman was so talented with her gardening I believe she could get a plant to sprout out of a rock. She had absolutely ZERO luck trying to get ANYTHING to grow while they were there.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Uke  (OP)

User ID: 28017433
United States
12/07/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
The state of new jack city aka Gotham which includes the boswash corridor.

why .... if you have to ask you won't live more than an hour when the power goes out.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

I want to know what everyone thinks are the worst ststes to be in. In my opinion, they are New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Texas, California.
Texas is probably onwe of the worst because of it's proximity to Mexico, when it goes down, there will be thousands of Mexicans coming up here and scavenging, not to mention all the illegals currently here, that and there's 22 million people here.
 Quoting: Uke

You left out Massachusetts, Floriduh, Arizona (imagine no air conditioning), etc...

The safest place to live would be Alaska, because of the remoteness. Coastal Alaska during the winter. Interior during the summer.

But it obviously presents it's OWN set of problems. You better have PLENTY of wood for heat, and other critical supplies.

In the lower 48, I have m opinion on the safest places to live, but I live in one of them, and don't want pinheads flooding in here, so I'll leave it at that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29307010

Actually, I did mention Florida earlier in the thread. That place, I think, hands down will be the worst place of all. I think any pstate bordering Mexico will be horrible, except for maybe the mountains of far northern New Mexico along the CO border. SE Alaska will be a haven during a shtf scenario. Plenty of food, water, and refrigeration (glacier ice)
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

As hard as it is to believe, even Rachel is smarter than that! LOL...
Citizenperth

User ID: 28986234
Australia
12/07/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
depression
It's life as we know it, but only just.
[link to citizenperth.wordpress.com]
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1135376
United States
12/07/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
don't get caught on the tip of Americas dong AKA florida
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27815245
United States
12/07/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
You will be protected by the country people if you can convince them you are bringing their subsidy checks. They not accept outsiders otherwise even though they don't remember how they got there.

Denounce your U.S. citizenship and you can live on the pine ridge reservation with Russell Means and A.I.M.

Subsidy checks? Country people?

You must have a twisted sense of humor, or you're just plain ignorant. Less than 1 percent of 'country' people receive gov't subsidies. Only the big wheat farmers and such get those checks.

Me and Billy Bob collect cans on the highway, right??

We'ums just be simple folk 'n such.

Stay the fuck out of Eastern Washington son.

Threaten me all you want I might already be there, or have been there and laughed. If the interstate or military bases shut down rural america is screwed.

My main point is that nowhere is safe. And rural america is not a network of friendly communities like most people think. For every one who claims intruders will be shot, there are ten that will bend over for a few bucks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The state of new jack city aka Gotham which includes the boswash corridor.

why .... if you have to ask you won't live more than an hour when the power goes out.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

I want to know what everyone thinks are the worst ststes to be in. In my opinion, they are New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Texas, California.
Texas is probably onwe of the worst because of it's proximity to Mexico, when it goes down, there will be thousands of Mexicans coming up here and scavenging, not to mention all the illegals currently here, that and there's 22 million people here.

You left out Massachusetts, Floriduh, Arizona (imagine no air conditioning), etc...

The safest place to live would be Alaska, because of the remoteness. Coastal Alaska during the winter. Interior during the summer.

But it obviously presents it's OWN set of problems. You better have PLENTY of wood for heat, and other critical supplies.

In the lower 48, I have m opinion on the safest places to live, but I live in one of them, and don't want pinheads flooding in here, so I'll leave it at that.

Actually, I did mention Florida earlier in the thread. That place, I think, hands down will be the worst place of all. I think any pstate bordering Mexico will be horrible, except for maybe the mountains of far northern New Mexico along the CO border. SE Alaska will be a haven during a shtf scenario. Plenty of food, water, and refrigeration (glacier ice)

Sorry about that, OP. I didn't see the post where you mentioned Floriduh.

And yes, the spelling is intentional... lol.
IRQ_1

User ID: 24600584
United States
12/07/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Incredibly, at the age of 52, I have never, ever, encountered a person from Tennessee who is not an uneducated, aggressive primadonna punk.

You obviously don't surround yourself with the proper folks. Maybe, just maybe, you're not quite as smart as you think.

Tennessee will be one of the best states in the country if you are a patriot that believes in freedom. If not, you may want to move now.
 Quoting: SaveUSa

I think AC8610 lives in the wrong areas of said State.
 Quoting: IRQ_1

... or they are just another bigotted yankee who came here to escape the economic disaster of their home state without ever realizing what insulting assholes they are outside of their self destructive condescendingly rude culture.
 Quoting: Resister

goodnews
Jack of all trades master of none
"shall not be infringed."
BLUE RIBBON AWARNESS FOR MENS' HEALTH
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. --ISAAC ASIMOV
I never 'Ad hominem' I don't need to.
The Constitution means everything or nothing. You can't have both.
Alexander

User ID: 15635858
United States

Report Abusive Post
Florida is the worst you can only travel north. Hawaii for obvious reasons
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10310459

Hey, hey, hey... In Hawaii you don't need AC or a heater depending on elevation and there are always fish in the sea. Because of the climate food grows all year round. However, Honolulu has way too many people. Best to be where there is low population density.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

Daily Updates
Thread: ASS IS IN THE WRINGER - Rolling Updates from 11/16/20 to present (Page 235)
~JustMe~

User ID: 18606339
United States
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Tennessee is a great state, so fuck off you Canadian twat
pink cat

User ID: 28454161
United States
12/07/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
mississippi or louisiana for sure
🦋
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Wyoming is the earthly equivalent of Mars.Good luck with the wind and snow.

I once knew a neighbor who moved to Wyoming with her husband and 3 kids. They were back in Oregon within a year. She said that it was all deep snow and mud in the winter, and in the summer (which was incredibly hot) the mud turned to dust and covered EVERYTHING. This woman was so talented with her gardening I believe she could get a plant to sprout out of a rock. She had absolutely ZERO luck trying to get ANYTHING to grow while they were there.
 Quoting: Eggcellent

Exactly. Now they all went to work for the coal mines which they believe will operate forever. Just like their parents thought the gold mines in the black hills would run forever. Now if only they could get hired in the No Dak oil fields, I'm sure that will last forever too. LOL
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Florida is the worst you can only travel north. Hawaii for obvious reasons
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10310459

Hey, hey, hey... In Hawaii you don't need AC or a heater depending on elevation and there are always fish in the sea. Because of the climate food grows all year round. However, Honolulu has way too many people. Best to be where there is low population density.
 Quoting: Alexander

Agreed.

If you have a sizable piece of land and a means to protect and farm it, you could do well.
SaveUSa

User ID: 20797003
United States

Report Abusive Post

Yes, of course!

I can relax because I know that Oblabla is monitoring the situation.

Thanks!
Within the surreal depths of "reality" lies the truth.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Quoting: ~JustMe~

You are doomed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
12/07/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
In general u want to be away from all coastlines and urban areas, especially anything that is integrated.

Worst states? New Jersey, Florida, New York, CA
~JustMe~

User ID: 18606339
United States
12/07/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Quoting: ~JustMe~

You are doomed.

nope.. Just ready..
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
12/07/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Didn't he pass away recently?
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Uke  (OP)

User ID: 28017433
United States
12/07/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Dude, this statement is a dis-service to the human race. GO pedal that over at the foxnews website
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just remember this, Ted Turner wants to turn most of the west into a territory for the bison.

His last goal was to become the largest land holder in the u.s.

He is now the largest private land holder in North America.

I wouldn't bet against his ability to achieve a goal.

And NO, he and Jane were never thrown out of a Wyoming restaurant by the proud owner.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Didn't he pass away recently?
 Quoting: Eggcellent

His spirit lives on.
Burt Gummer

User ID: 7702124
United States
12/07/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just remember this, Ted Turner wants to turn most of the west into a territory for the bison.

And NO, he and Jane were never thrown out of a Wyoming restaurant by the proud owner.

Would you rather Ted Turner owns it....or the government if SHTF?

Think about it.

Last Edited by Useless Cookie Eater on 12/07/2012 09:23 PM
Etta

User ID: 28242221
United States
12/07/2012 09:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
In Washington, I know the basic things. Which berries to pick, which mushrooms, how to catch trout, where there's good hiding places and fresh water. I would be willing to guess that everyone knows their own state the best, so it may be the safest place to be.
“Expectations are the root of all heartache”

"I like all of the races, even the bad ones."
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Would you rather Ted Turner owns it....or the government if SHTF?

Think about it.
 Quoting: Burt Gummer

I'm saying you might want to stay out of his way.

But I don't know which wouldbe better. The gov is pretty inept without all their compartments in a row.
Nikola Tesla

User ID: 18230284
United States
12/07/2012 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
"What state or states do folks deem the worst to be in and why..."?

In my humble opinion, the worst state to be in when TSHTF is the "State of Denial". You have got to know when fold them and bug out. Denial can cause you to meet an untimely demise.

"One person with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

"You’ve heard that we are what we eat. But we also are what we think".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
-William F. Buckley Jr.

GLP