Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,082 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 817,389
Pageviews Today: 1,445,661Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 10,646
04:41 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22916852
United States
12/07/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What is the Worst State(s) to be in When TSHTF?
The best states are the ones with the least amount of people. Look to wyoming or montana. Eastern washington/oregon might be good also.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1430199

The
problem
with
those
states
is
the
underground-gov't
infrastructure;
armed-manned
and
taking
no
prisoners.

The
BIG-BOYS
ain't
sharing,
bro.

The
last
safe
place
in
the
USA

is
probably
northern
New
England

and
Alaska.
And,
maybe
the
western
Canadian
border
states
abduct
[sorry
for
stupid
typeset.
Keyboard
refuses
to
space
.]
 Quoting: iStarbug 23993928

Maybe Santa will bring you a new keyboard for Christmas!! :-)
Uke  (OP)

User ID: 28017433
United States
12/07/2012 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Florida is the worst you can only travel north. Hawaii for obvious reasons
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10310459

You're right. Florida is definately worse than New York, California and New Jersey and Texas. The worst.
 Quoting: Uke

Florida is the worst you can only travel north. Hawaii for obvious reasons
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10310459

You're right. Florida is definately worse than New York, California and New Jersey and Texas. The worst.
 Quoting: Uke

I'm in Florida man..... And I'm a damn good swimmer. So north is not the only option......
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28284536

Maybe if you're on the east coast of Fla, you could make for the Bahamas, but if you're over by Ft. Myers, you're screwed...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29313915
United States
12/07/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Go to one of these...
[link to www.survivalrealty.com]
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
12/07/2012 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
The best states are the ones with the least amount of people. Look to wyoming or montana. Eastern washington/oregon might be good also.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1430199

Stay Away! We don't take kindly to intruders!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21436923

(read: inbreeders)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27815245

"Hey Bill! Do I hear......could that be....BANJO MUSIC???"
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11835165
United States
12/07/2012 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
When TSTHF, the worst state to be in will be to have spent years counting the days until TSTHF.

I think I'd rather wait for Jesus, and/or improve myself and my family.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24433009
United States
12/07/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
since we all live again, I don't really care about prepping until I have a family, even then I don't care about my life, I'd do it for them.

I'd say anywhere on the coasts would be the worst place. Flyover territory the best place... great plains.. western south dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, etc... get to know some farmers who own large swaths of land and become friends.

That or areas with good forests and fresh springs... northern WI, Michigan, etc.

I'd rather not live in a state of anarchy where my life is in danger and I have to think on my feet and watch my back and stay armed.. I'd rather have things as they are. Life is good.
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/07/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Go to one of these...
[link to www.survivalrealty.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29313915

applause2applause2applause2
tenngoat

User ID: 19211640
United States
12/07/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Then again, being in Tennessee is SH1T anytime, anyway.

Incredibly, at the age of 52, I have never, ever, encountered a person from Tennessee who is not an uneducated, aggressive primadonna punk.

And the idea of being there when civilization collapses is truly, truly scary.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29278610

Yep. We here in Tennessee don't know shit. In fact, this state sucks, so just keep on driving by. No need to stop. Nothing to see here. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Of course this comes from another Canuck who wouldn't know the difference between a apple butter and shit. The best things Canada has ever invented are Bryan Adams and Moosehead beer. And even then, both are a stretch.

Get a grip "Maple Leaf"...You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the South.

battleflagstfubattleflag
"Government is NOT reason; it is NOT eloquent; it is FORCE. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master". George Washington
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/07/2012 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
When TSTHF, the worst state to be in will be to have spent years counting the days until TSTHF.

I think I'd rather wait for Jesus, and/or improve myself and my family.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11835165

Well put. I concur with that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27491285
United States
12/07/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The state of new jack city aka Gotham which includes the boswash corridor.

why .... if you have to ask you won't live more than an hour when the power goes out.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

You mean 'city'? New York is a state too dipshit. My parents live upstate NY about 4 hours from the city and they're 1400 feet above sea level close to the adirondacks. It is probably one of the safest places to be on the eastern half of the country.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28760789
New Zealand
12/07/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
A state of undress.
You're going to covered in the stuff..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27815245
United States
12/07/2012 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
People must not travel much anymore. This picture of the US that's being painted is what's delusional. How many armchair commandos were disarmed during katrina? If it gets as bad as everybody is making it out to be then no one is safe, or better off. This whole locals versus intruders makes me laugh. WE this and we that. Give me a break. There is no we, there are no protective small towns looking after their own, rural people act just like city people and vice versa.

I've heard many people across the country talk just like this and the truth is when the shit hits the fan most people go running to govdaddy.

Provide an example of any time in recent history when a disaster happened and people made it without the gov.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27491285
United States
12/07/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
People must not travel much anymore. This picture of the US that's being painted is what's delusional. How many armchair commandos were disarmed during katrina? If it gets as bad as everybody is making it out to be then no one is safe, or better off. This whole locals versus intruders makes me laugh. WE this and we that. Give me a break. There is no we, there are no protective small towns looking after their own, rural people act just like city people and vice versa.

I've heard many people across the country talk just like this and the truth is when the shit hits the fan most people go running to govdaddy.

Provide an example of any time in recent history when a disaster happened and people made it without the gov.

The tornadoes in missouri and alabama? Those people took care of each other with little to assistance from the government. The only people in this fucking country that have the heart to help others are southerners.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29303856
United States
12/07/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Liquid or vapor, maybe plasma, but definitely not solid. Too conspicuous.

lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

The tornadoes in missouri and alabama? Those people took care of each other with little to assistance from the government. The only people in this fucking country that have the heart to help others are southerners.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27491285

So those states never declared a federal state of emergency? I doubt it. And they weren't compensated by the federally regulated insurance companies? I doubt that too. I don't doubt that people helped eachother in those situations but I don't see it happening when everyone is in the same boat.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5023798
United States
12/07/2012 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
First it depends on the scenario....

If its a Tsunami then stay away from coastlines and try to be at least 1000 feet in altitude. Which is like Appalachian Mountains and out west.

If its a terrorist event either biological or nuclear, then stay away from big cities and nuclear plants. Also keep in mind wind direction. 40 - 60 miles away from a nuke plant should be sufficient. With biological stay indoors and away from people and block vents, windows, and doors.

WW3 event. Stay away from big cities, military bases, and nuclear silos and launch facilities. Typical 40Meg - 60Meg blasts have an oval type of fallout depending on wind direction. Staying 90 degrees from the wind direction and 60 miles out you should be safe, otherwise at least 250 miles from the epicenter for a 0 degree - 30 degree wind direction.
Look at existing weather patterns. Fallout in the form of rain will occur in many Northern states. Best to be in Southern states where wind direction is mainly from the South most of the year with just an occasional chance of a Northern cold front to bring in rain and fallout. Best to have well water and not rely on rain. Even pond water would be safe, since the fallout would sink to the bottom. Just don't eat the fish...lol.

Carrington Event or HEMP Event. Stay away from cities and live rural.

Yellowstone Eruption, stay 1000 miles away.

9.0+ Major Earthquakes, stay out of California and the New Madrid area.

So that narrows down the places not to be in....

I'm in Eastern Oklahoma in a rural setting and I think this area is fairly safe. Also the Tornado Shelters make excellent fallout shelters....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24532632
United States
12/07/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Love SHTF. It's about time nature corrected itself. dance
Mr. Toppit

User ID: 26466623
United States
12/07/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
The state of new jack city aka Gotham which includes the boswash corridor.

why .... if you have to ask you won't live more than an hour when the power goes out.
 Quoting: Mr. Toppit

You mean 'city'? New York is a state too dipshit. My parents live upstate NY about 4 hours from the city and they're 1400 feet above sea level close to the adirondacks. It is probably one of the safest places to be on the eastern half of the country.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27491285

... yes and no. Anything around the Albany to Syracuse corridor is a potential kill zone for miles on either side. You wanta dipshit your way outa that go right ahead. There are many places in the dacks that are much more inaccessable however. Lucky you if you have one of them.
itsamadmadworld

User ID: 29299969
United States
12/07/2012 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Actually true.

Small town people can be some of the worst in terms of self-serving and unenlightened behaviors. It is a myth that in the event of some devastating SHTF scenario everyone in rural areas will be safe and protected and living in some warm & fuzzy communal-type setting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1110734
United States
12/07/2012 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tennessee.

Then again, being in Tennessee is SH1T anytime, anyway.

Incredibly, at the age of 52, I have never, ever, encountered a person from Tennessee who is not an uneducated, aggressive primadonna punk.

And the idea of being there when civilization collapses is truly, truly scary.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29278610

Yep. We here in Tennessee don't know shit. In fact, this state sucks, so just keep on driving by. No need to stop. Nothing to see here. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Of course this comes from another Canuck who wouldn't know the difference between a apple butter and shit. The best things Canada has ever invented are Bryan Adams and Moosehead beer. And even then, both are a stretch.

Get a grip "Maple Leaf"...You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the South.

battleflagstfubattleflag
 Quoting: tenngoat

There are some exceptional people in Tennessee. Good hearted, honest, trustworthy, sincere. Of course, some foolish people may believe in stereotypes. What can you do?

Personally I think there's some great benefits to living in Tennessee. Parts of the state have been spared the Drought. Other than some densely populated areas, I think a lot of the rural places will be quite safe.

I sure feel sorry for refugees cutting through that neck of the woods. There's a very high ratio of gun ownership there in the volunteer state.

Parts of Northern Mississippi and Alabama should be fairly safe, unless the Horde from Atlanta comes calling. It's highly possible. Any of those states have decent growing seasons too. Lots of rural areas.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4959545
United States
12/07/2012 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Im not worried bout that, my hubby is very very strong, he grew up in polynesia and his family was poor, they ate meat only on sundays and the rest of the week if they were lucky, he knows how to hunt, fish, and farm, its instict to him, so we are fine no matter what happens.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 29227711
United States
12/07/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any state that gets freezing cold would be bad with no power or food, or the ablility to grow food year round.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18018740

Well, that eliminates 75% of the country! And scratch Florida and (at LEAST) Southern Calif.

When you think about it, the states which have the sunshine (for growing food) generally don't have the water, and those which have the water generally don't get enough sunshine for more than one crop, and that can be iffy. For instance, in Western Oregon the sun literally doesn't come out until July 3 or 4, and everything grows moss or mold if it gets damp or wet because it never dries. We also have snow and ice in the winter, along with hurricane-speed winds and even the occasional tornado! Eastern Oregon has more sunshine, but is really HOT in the summer, and the water is so deep (300 feet or more) that lots of places have to have their water trucked in. And they begin having freezing nights as early as the first week of September.

Oh, and all of those "wide open spaces"? Well, SOMEBODY owns them, and they've probably been in the same family for generations so HE will know every square inch of that land. And I doubt whether he'll be handing out invitations to come camp on his land.

So, no matter WHERE you are thinking of going, there are going to be "pros" and "cons" to deal with.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26075509
United States
12/07/2012 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think you can generalize most states. People say New York would be one of the worst. NYC yes, but that's a tiny fraction of the state. Most of ny is farms. Native Americans preferred areas in Hudson Valley region because of the wildlife, lakes, resources, lots of big and small rocks, etc.

Any place where there are plenty of woods for hunting, lakes for cleaning and purifying water to drink, woods to hideout, hunt, and make things out of the wood (shelter), and natural resources like rocks for making tools, would be the best. There are many different various throughout various states that fir that criteria.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/07/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's also very telling that no one will say that where they live is a bad place to be in an emergency.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29316580
Australia
12/07/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey Jackass, how about laying off that BS. I lurk here all the time and this site is both entertaining and informative, but it's try hards like you that are probably keeping any decent Aussies from posting.

Shall I throw another brain on the barbie for you?
 Quoting: Aussiebabe 29311374

Denial.

It's not just a river in Egypt.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29307010

That's the BEST you've got? Honey you need to get a new repetoire'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29311374

Another day... Another degenerate Oztard.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29307010

Boddy hell, why are so many Americans so fucking stupid?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27352798
United States
12/07/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
You will be protected by the country people if you can convince them you are bringing their subsidy checks. They not accept outsiders otherwise even though they don't remember how they got there.

Denounce your U.S. citizenship and you can live on the pine ridge reservation with Russell Means and A.I.M.

Well, Russell Means is walking the Spirit Road, so don't try to call him up on your iphone.

You don't need to renounce your citizenship to live on Pine Ridge, but you DO need to have your head examined. You would only be 'safe' there (and I use the term loosely) if you married in to one of the strong families. Hard place to live, really hard. I do love it, though.
Uke  (OP)

United States
12/07/2012 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Actually true.

Small town people can be some of the worst in terms of self-serving and unenlightened behaviors. It is a myth that in the event of some devastating SHTF scenario everyone in rural areas will be safe and protected and living in some warm & fuzzy communal-type setting.
 Quoting: itsamadmadworld

On a similar note, it's also a myth that you can just go up to the mountains and hunt & fish and live off the land and make the rest of your life into one big fun camping trip....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18225135
United States
12/07/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
California, New York, and Florida or any of their surrounding states..... no bueno

Texas is good; Central to West Texas is better. Stay in the Plains states - most Western portions of the Midwest, Southwestern states or the Mountains; Ozarks probably the exception in the dirty South.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16792270
United States
Report Abusive Post
Im in Wisconsin. I think this is one of the bests states to be in. I don't know why I think that its just an opinion and its geographical location. Am I wrong?
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Any state that gets freezing cold would be bad with no power or food, or the ablility to grow food year round.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18018740

Well, that eliminates 75% of the country! And scratch Florida and (at LEAST) Southern Calif.

When you think about it, the states which have the sunshine (for growing food) generally don't have the water, and those which have the water generally don't get enough sunshine for more than one crop, and that can be iffy. For instance, in Western Oregon the sun literally doesn't come out until July 3 or 4, and everything grows moss or mold if it gets damp or wet because it never dries. We also have snow and ice in the winter, along with hurricane-speed winds and even the occasional tornado! Eastern Oregon has more sunshine, but is really HOT in the summer, and the water is so deep (300 feet or more) that lots of places have to have their water trucked in. And they begin having freezing nights as early as the first week of September.

Oh, and all of those "wide open spaces"? Well, SOMEBODY owns them, and they've probably been in the same family for generations so HE will know every square inch of that land. And I doubt whether he'll be handing out invitations to come camp on his land.

So, no matter WHERE you are thinking of going, there are going to be "pros" and "cons" to deal with.
 Quoting: Eggcellent

This is the point I'm trying to make. We on this forum would probably be better off just wearing a GLP t-shirt, and hope to find other wierdos to compare notes with.

GLP