Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,365 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 9,221
Pageviews Today: 16,881Threads Today: 10Posts Today: 138
12:13 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

2005 Insider: Is anybody here free of all Attachments?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16994972
United States
12/07/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
2005 Insider: Is anybody here free of all Attachments?
Is anybody here unattached to most everything, if not everything, in this life?

I'm not just talking about material things or even the opposite sex. I'm also including emotions, idols (scientists, figures, authors, friends, family, etc), etc.

This relates to what 2005 Insider has talked about.

Personally, I am possibly attached to living healthy and developing my higher brain centers/etheric bodies. But I'm following a program of eating a certain way, taking very particular supplements, and other things requiring that big guy "money".

But Insider says we only need to work 2 hours a day which is enough for food/shelter/clothing and that the rest of the time should be devoted to exploring ourselves and being free of all attachments. I resonate with this, however, I also have an attachment of fear of what if he's wrong and I lose my job making all the money I spend on developing myself with supplements and detoxification procedures, etc.

Maybe I'm thinking too mechanically as Insider states he thinks abstractly.

Any experience from anyone here with this?
Life and Love

User ID: 26735250
United States
12/07/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 2005 Insider: Is anybody here free of all Attachments?
The "Art of Ungrasping" is a difficult thing to master, but well worth it.
We become like that to which we are devoted. - Choose wisely.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/07/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Life and Love

Have you mastered it?
Life and Love

User ID: 26735250
United States
12/07/2012 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Life and Love

Have you mastered it?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16994972

Day by day. Little things first, major things later in life. I have a ways to go, but I am much more comfortable with the concept.
We become like that to which we are devoted. - Choose wisely.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/07/2012 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22139092
United States
12/08/2012 12:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
I had lost a good teaching job, and had a small photography business as well a couple years ago. There is a fair amount of gear, equipment, and stuff that I needed for decent sized production commercial shoots. I can safely say I was very attached to it all. Not to mention the attachment to my studio loft, the location, the money, the exposure, and the experiences. When it was gone, I was devastated. It took the past three years of constant mourning having to sell piece, by piece, by pice to realize a great deal: the one thing I am most attached to I can't get rid of: my love of experiences.

I sold 80% of the gear, strobes, computers, printers etc etc. I moved across the country to a cheaper area, but is still a very self sustaining mixed metro and rural area, and live on very litte "stuff". I am actually happier, as I am enjoying the things I experience more, the people I meet more, and the photography I make I think is the best I have ever done.

Now, I am still attached to my camera: but I learned I can use a very cheap camera just as effectively. I am still attached to my FJ cruiser, but I am also very healthy and have a great city to explore by bike. Oh, and I am pretty attached to my iPad and iPhone...and they help me stay connected to you all!!

It's a new way of thinking and even believing In a way of living for most of us raised in the 80s, but recessions are great for resetting everyone into reality. I like that, and even feel proud sometimes.

This was all for my own edification, and my way of saying " I learned, and thanks for supporting me, even when times were pretty freaking desperate".

Thanks for the reminder of that by posting the "bump".

Happy Holidays
andreidita

User ID: 4637432
Romania
12/08/2012 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
overcome fear of death and you'll get rid of all attachments :)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: andreidita

you mean dying painfully? or just dying and there being nothing but black space forever?
andreidita

Romania
12/08/2012 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

you mean dying painfully? or just dying and there being nothing but black space forever?

no, your ego/personality must subjectively die so that your soul can get in the drivers seat, and resurrect the ego, which from then on becomes only a tool for fulfilling spirit's plan.
the moment the ego accepts death you get rid of all attachments.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

no, your ego/personality must subjectively die so that your soul can get in the drivers seat, and resurrect the ego, which from then on becomes only a tool for fulfilling spirit's plan.

are you familiar with the double-slit experiment? my friend says i'm attached to my job because it affords me things like a healthy diet/supplements that i'm "attached to" because my ego says it will help me ascend. she says i should quit my job and rely on the "force" to take care of my "needs". she says it relates to kind of what you're saying and that many are doing this now, quitting their jobs not knowing where the money will come from. she also mentions gregg braden...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 03:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 300884
Sweden
12/08/2012 03:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Am I free of all attachments?

No.

A huge chunk of them?

Yes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
my friend says the Universe/God vibrates at a certain frequency and that if we just LET GO and let that frequency flow through us, all things will be taken care of.

so, she quit her job, when she finally KNEW this "FACT", and has been taken care of ever since. already receiving money when she needs it.

care to explain this?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29294594
United Kingdom
12/08/2012 04:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

are you familiar with the double-slit experiment? my friend says i'm attached to my job because it affords me things like a healthy diet/supplements that i'm "attached to" because my ego says it will help me ascend. she says i should quit my job and rely on the "force" to take care of my "needs". she says it relates to kind of what you're saying and that many are doing this now, quitting their jobs not knowing where the money will come from. she also mentions gregg braden...

personally
i disagree

Q-what does one do to reach enlightenment
A- chop wood , carry water

Q what does one do once enlightened?
A - chop wood , carry water

it isn't your job or reliance on money for sustainance which 'holds you back '
it is the belief that they hold you back which does that

you are responsible for your 'needs'
you are accountable for how you provide for yourself
if you are screwing others to get your pay , to pay for the supplements which you believe will help you ascend - then you have got it wrong

if you work honestly , fairly and decently and your encounters with society reflect this attitude - in all your dealings
whatever you do with your income - you will be helping yourself ascend

it isn't about what you put into your body
it's about the mindset you havecultivated while doing ANYTHING

eg chopping wood , carrying water

that's how i see it
andreidita

Romania
12/09/2012 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
my friend says the Universe/God vibrates at a certain frequency and that if we just LET GO and let that frequency flow through us, all things will be taken care of.

so, she quit her job, when she finally KNEW this "FACT", and has been taken care of ever since. already receiving money when she needs it.

care to explain this?

your friend is wise because wisdom springs from the heart and she functions on the heart frequency.

which is precisely that frequency that she speaks of. the frequency of universal love which puts you in resonance with gaia and the universe.

for example if you read what jesus says when he refers to himself as being place-holders for that state you will see very clearly:

"There is still one thing you haven't done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

'me' is not a person but refers to that universal frequency, which can be coined also as 'the voice of the heart'
Anonymous
User ID: 6668199
United States
12/09/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
All except one...my mind and memories. But once I'm dead I guess i won't have anything to worry about.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26372742
Canada
12/09/2012 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25567776
United States
12/09/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf

GLP