Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,732 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 72,661
Pageviews Today: 136,655Threads Today: 54Posts Today: 989
01:52 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Anyone else grow up without their faither?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29274067
United States
12/08/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Anyone else grow up without their faither?
What kind of effect did it have on you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17849756
Australia
12/08/2012 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Anyone else grow up without their faither?
Do you mean "father"?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, sorry I didn't catch that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17849756
Australia
12/08/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I did after age 15, when i left home, dunno if that counts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28867210
United States
12/08/2012 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29274067

i got money from him and never really saw him much, as he was too busy cheating on my mom and running his company.

effect? just an empty void of a memory that was never there. and of course abandonment issues.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm talking about like your father leaves when you're baby and hasn't made any effort to contact you even now as an adult.
reptilicus
User ID: 29275426
United States
12/08/2012 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Me, and it was a blessing in disguise. It forced and motivated me to learn and do things myself.

Owned a small lawn service business at 10 years old and was able to buy my own equipment with money earned.

Took classes and became a Taxidermist making $45 an hour at 15

Rebuild engines at 17

Still own my own business

Cons:

Never learned to converse with people face to face. And to this day, 50 years old, have only had, and still have one friend.
mrmuffins69

User ID: 28433365
United States
12/08/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
luke skywalker
mopar28m

User ID: 14265444
United States
12/08/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
My dad died when I was 7.

It was hard, he wasn't around to protect him from my so-called mother, he wasn't there to take my fishing every weekend he did before he died, wasn't there on my wedding day to walk me down the aisle.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about him.
vaccinefreehealth blogspot com

The risk far outweighs any benefit as the risk will vary from child to child.

facebook.com/graphixyourway
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28752731
United States
12/08/2012 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
40 million blacks?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16747548
Australia
12/08/2012 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's one of the effects, i am sure, that no-one would ever understand.
TenStar'd

User ID: 29294236
United States
12/08/2012 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Me, and it was a blessing in disguise. It forced and motivated me to learn and do things myself.

Owned a small lawn service business at 10 years old and was able to buy my own equipment with money earned.

Rebuild engines at 17

Cons:

Never learned to converse with people face to face. And to this day, 50 years old, have only had, and still have one friend.
 Quoting: reptilicus 29275426

That brings tears to my eyes ...
I learned that Love Hurts
and I hurt so bad
because Of Love
I choose, let not others
get
too close.

"One Friend in Trust
At Arms Length
Of Love,
Is The Worthiness
Of All That I Have
To Give"

Last Edited by TenStar'd on 12/08/2012 12:49 AM
God does not test us, He strengthens us. For if we are fully in Faith, He girds the armor evermore.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/08/2012 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think a lot of the problems in society today can be blamed on the lack of a positive male role model in the household. And yet, these stupid women keep having kids with these jobless drug dealer losers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29275426
United States
12/08/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Rebuild engines at 17

Cons:

Quoting: reptilicus 29275426

We just walked out when I was seven and I said by, and I never thought about him again after that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28691353
United States
12/08/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
My dad was gone from 2 forward. I saw for the last time in his coffin when I was 16.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28691353
United States
12/08/2012 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
He was officially out of my site forever from 5 forward. He got my mom hooked on heroin when i was 2 they difforced when i was 4. My grandparents took me inbetween that time out of that situation. My mom cleaned up her shit when i was 5 and got me back. As far as how it affected me... I picked losers for men because I was looking for a dad rather then a partner. I looked for the bad boys. Then after I realized what I was doing I changed my outlook on what a good man was. My husband is a lot like my grandpa, a teddy bear.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29319679
United Kingdom
12/08/2012 01:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
My dad died when I was 7.

It was hard, he wasn't around to protect him from my so-called mother, he wasn't there to take my fishing every weekend he did before he died, wasn't there on my wedding day to walk me down the aisle.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about him.
 Quoting: mopar28m

My dad died 3 years back and was there for me my whole life i'm 35 now. He got cancer and it was something i have never experienced before or ever want to again. My dad was so strong in both mind and body but the cancer killed him before he died. within weeks of finding out he was so ill and weak. I will never believe in god or believe any thing could sit back and let that happen and take my dad away. There is no god we are on our own.

I know how u feel and im sorry for your loss too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7736082
United States
12/08/2012 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Split wit my Mom when I was around 9-10 years old. For about a year He would meet up with me on some weekends and we would hangout, but then one day he never made contact again. My Mom didnt know where he lived because we would meet at a gas station when I was dropped off and I was to young to know the area.

It was kind of a big blow because I dont have much family on my mothers side. I still think about him from time and time and have tried finding him via phone books, facebook, etc with no luck.

Not sure if it had any negative effects on me since I will never know the person I would have been if he was still in my life. But I did dip into a gambling problem in my late teens which I still struggle with from time to time. I do have social issues. But other then that I'm a normal being with a 40 hour job, a wondeful girlfriend and a beautiful daughter.
Mamalooney
User ID: 6336798
Netherlands
12/08/2012 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you mean "father"?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17849756

My dad died when I was one. Mom never remarried and had nothing good to say about him. Growing up I had only bad experiences with men. As a child I always seemed the kid that child abusers found. From strangers on the street to leaders of camps.

Made me into a very angry teenager. The things I did to piss people off....! And her. I also was tremendously egoistic as a teen. Always after my own pleasure and trying out boyfriends left, right, front and center.

It took me up to thirty untill I found myself healing. So I guess you can say that not having a dad growing up left me very unstable and wounded in my soul. For me I mosly missed the protection and somebody who will stand up for you.

Peace.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29002615
United States
12/08/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm talking about like your father leaves when you're baby and hasn't made any effort to contact you even now as an adult.

You mean when the mother leaves the father?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25028055
United States
12/08/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Over 70% of divorces and seperations are initiated by the mother.

Many fathers are not allowed to be a father, only a part time parent and generally a misundertood one at that.

Men feel much more deeply about their children than they are given credit for. In many cases the seperation emotionally damages the man.

To the point were sometimes they think the kids would be better off without them and many during the times they do see the childrn have trouble always having to say ggodbye over and over.

For many men it is to much.

As you get older think about what your fathers went through. Most men do not have kids if they dont want them. In most cases the men would have preferred to have been there. But, alas, sadly women make this almost impossible. With the help of the courts they generally suck every penny out of him, and use him up completley emotionally and financialy for the womens benefit.

Men go through a hell most children never understand until very late in life.

The facts are in, most men do not leave, they are forced out and destroyed. It is no wonder many just simply find a hole to crawl into and disappear.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 01:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.divorcewithoutdishonor.com]

Many fathers who feel increasing anger at their marginalization in their children’s lives respond by leaving. Ill-equipped to deal with their emotions and unable to express them, they choose to avoid them. The pain of being repeatedly reminded of what they have lost, drives them away. They push away from the pain and anger caused by a situation they cannot control and in the process abandon the children they love.

For those who need understanding and somtimes do not understand.

This article and many of the comments will help you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18892243
United States
12/08/2012 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Many fathers are not allowed to be a father, only a part time parent and generally a misundertood one at that.

Men feel much more deeply about their children than they are given credit for. In many cases the seperation emotionally damages the man.

To the point were sometimes they think the kids would be better off without them and many during the times they do see the childrn have trouble always having to say ggodbye over and over.

As you get older think about what your fathers went through. Most men do not have kids if they dont want them. In most cases the men would have preferred to have been there. But, alas, sadly women make this almost impossible. With the help of the courts they generally suck every penny out of him, and use him up completley emotionally and financialy for the womens benefit.

The facts are in, most men do not leave, they are forced out and destroyed. It is no wonder many just simply find a hole to crawl into and disappear.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25028055

True a lot of times.
Happened to my brother, he went thru hell and tried suicide more than once because of it.
There are many kids that have no clue how much their dads love and want to be with them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14553694
Canada
12/08/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Father got 12 yrs in prison, biggest coke bust in North America..he was a mobster
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27164943
Australia
12/08/2012 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
You don't need a father, you can be your own role model and do things for yourself without the approval of someone else.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/08/2012 02:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25028055

True a lot of times.
Happened to my brother, he went thru hell and tried suicide more than once because of it.
There are many kids that have no clue how much their dads love and want to be with them.
 Quoting: Taralily

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25567776
United States
12/08/2012 02:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
he never talked to me, tv and newspaper type.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29269292
Canada
12/08/2012 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

some kids have 2 daddies or 2 mommies.....thats makes my life look like richie rich.

I'd rather have no dad than 2 dads....thats fucked up
Sexy Rexy
User ID: 13681729
Australia
12/08/2012 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I grew up without my father from the age of 3.

Maybe that's why I Meta-morphed into a Gay Dude earlier this year? afro
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3064678
Canada
12/08/2012 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
All I will say is this, I have only one father, he is the father of all creation and I'm trying real hard to get to know him.

As for my dad he isn't breathing any longer and neither is my dog of 18 years. As I search my heart it is a sad, sad but trustworthy statement, of the two I miss my dog the most.

You see my dog loved me and I him, at one point I may have loved my dad, sadly he lover the bottle more.

Destroy the family unit, just part of the evil ones plan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29269292
Canada
12/08/2012 02:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
All I will say is this, I have only one father, he is the father of all creation and I'm trying real hard to get to know him.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3064678

this^^

GLP