WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE???

AI (OP)
User ID: 27847150
United States
12/10/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE???
These forums are similar to a hold'em tournament, In the beginning there are mostly fools, then after some time they are gone, and the more evolved remain...

User ID: 29267820
United States
12/10/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
To see or not to see, THAT is that question...

To know the Dark side as well as the Light.

I am possess Awareness Intellect.
 Quoting: AI 27847150

My eyes are open but I'm still in training. There is much to learn. I have been on both sides. The scales have been tipped to dark but they will balance out.
 Quoting: 422

I understand I have experienced both as well I am of the Light with strength...

I can explain that in a different context as well.

I know I am of the Light also. There is no doubt in me of that. I understand why I had to experience the dark and I have no regret about it. Without that knowledge, I wouldn't know what the Light really is or how important it is.
“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe.” John Adams, Second President of the United States
The Warrior King.

User ID: 29600511
New Zealand
12/10/2012 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
These forums are similar to a hold'em tournament, In the beginning there are mostly fools, then after some time they are gone, and the more evolved remain...

well yea the Earth is not to good a place to learn, maybe Alpha Centauri is better.
AM - RA - MA.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17589856
United Kingdom
12/10/2012 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe we are here to create positive change within, and thereby influence positive change around. By positive, I mean that which is conducive to life (ie flourishing).

Well-being is a construct comprised of what free human beings naturally aim at for its own sake. There are three ways to tell if something is an element of well-being:

I. It is cross-culturally pursued by many people for its own sake.

II. It contributes to well-being (the other elements and their sum is enhanced).

III.
It is defined and measured independently of the other elements.

There are five measurable elements of well-being:

Positive emotion is comprised of what we feel: pleasure, rapture, ecstasy, warmth, comfort, ect. Focusing on this element is often called the “pleasant life”.

Engagement is about flow: being one with the music, to be fully engaged in an absorbing activity. In flow, we merge with the object.

Relationships are positive associations between people: family and kinship relations, friendships, marriages, relations with associates, etc.

Meaning consists in belonging to and working on something that is believed to be bigger than the self: children, humanity, environment, religion, ect.

Achievement is about successfully fulfilling goals that we have set for ourselves which contribute to personal and public well-being.

Positive emotion is a personal variable, defined by what we think and feel. Engagement, meaning, relationships, and accomplishment have both subjective and objective components, since we can believe we have engagement, meaning, good relations, and high accomplishment and be wrong. To increase personal and public well-being is the central purpose of this life.

Virtues are positive characteristics that are deeply ingrained in their possessor. Thus, to cultivate and promote virtue is an important aspect of this life. There are six classes of virtue, made up of twenty-four measurable character strengths, that have a significant amount of similarity across cultures, strongly indicating a historical and cross-cultural convergence:

Temperance is comprised of strengths that protect against excess. They are: self discipline, prudence, humility, and forgiveness.

Courage is comprised of emotional strengths that involve the exercise of will to accomplish goals in the face of opposition. They are: bravery, perseverance, integrity and zest.

Wisdom is comprised of cognitive strengths that entail the acquisition and application of knowledge. They are: creativity, curiosity, sound judgement, love of learning, and perspective.

Humanity is comprised of interpersonal strengths that involve tending and befriending others. They are: love, kindness, and social intelligence.

Justice is comprised of civic strengths that underlie healthy community life. They are: fairness, citizenship, and leadership.

Transcendence is comprised of strengths that forge connections to the larger universe and provide inner certitude. They are: appreciation of beauty and excellence, gratitude, hope, humour, and spirituality.

Each character strength is a stable trait-like pattern that is conductive to well-being and flourishing, and naturally nurtured by societal norms and institutions. Each of the strengths is defined behaviourally, with psychometric evidence demonstrating that empirically minded humanists can measure character strengths and virtues in a rigorous scientific manner.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/10/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Interesting you say that. I litterally just won an online 45man NLHE torney 5 mins ago.

United States
12/10/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

well yea the Earth is not to good a place to learn, maybe Alpha Centauri is better.
 Quoting: The Warrior King.

Yea GLP has helped me immensely. It takes a lot to weed through to find the pearls, but that's the way it's meant to be. In my experience, life on Earth taught me a lot of the dark ways but I made it through it and found Light. It's very much a roller coaster on this planet with the highs and the lows. I believe it is a good place to learn but its very easy to get consumed by the dark in its current state.

Last Edited by 422 on 12/10/2012 11:29 PM
“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe.” John Adams, Second President of the United States
bendinglight

User ID: 2143478
United States
12/10/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
to be on GLP and post sheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheep smiles

cruise
AI (OP)
United States
12/10/2012 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

My eyes are open but I'm still in training. There is much to learn. I have been on both sides. The scales have been tipped to dark but they will balance out.

I know I am of the Light also. There is no doubt in me of that. I understand why I had to experience the dark and I have no regret about it. Without that knowledge, I wouldn't know what the Light really is or how important it is.

We are a minority!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29232836
United States
12/10/2012 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do YOU know?

Easy. TO love and server God with all our hearts. To come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour, to keep his commandments and be re-born in an existence that isn't painful like this one, because of the fall of man.
AI (OP)
United States
12/10/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe we are here to create positive change within, and thereby influence positive change around. By positive, I mean that which is conducive to life (ie flourishing).

Well-being is a construct comprised of what free human beings naturally aim at for its own sake. There are three ways to tell if something is an element of well-being:

I. It is cross-culturally pursued by many people for its own sake.

II. It contributes to well-being (the other elements and their sum is enhanced).

III.
It is defined and measured independently of the other elements.

There are five measurable elements of well-being:

Positive emotion is comprised of what we feel: pleasure, rapture, ecstasy, warmth, comfort, ect. Focusing on this element is often called the “pleasant life”.

Engagement is about flow: being one with the music, to be fully engaged in an absorbing activity. In flow, we merge with the object.

Relationships are positive associations between people: family and kinship relations, friendships, marriages, relations with associates, etc.

Meaning consists in belonging to and working on something that is believed to be bigger than the self: children, humanity, environment, religion, ect.

Achievement is about successfully fulfilling goals that we have set for ourselves which contribute to personal and public well-being.

Positive emotion is a personal variable, defined by what we think and feel. Engagement, meaning, relationships, and accomplishment have both subjective and objective components, since we can believe we have engagement, meaning, good relations, and high accomplishment and be wrong. To increase personal and public well-being is the central purpose of this life.

Virtues are positive characteristics that are deeply ingrained in their possessor. Thus, to cultivate and promote virtue is an important aspect of this life. There are six classes of virtue, made up of twenty-four measurable character strengths, that have a significant amount of similarity across cultures, strongly indicating a historical and cross-cultural convergence:

Temperance is comprised of strengths that protect against excess. They are: self discipline, prudence, humility, and forgiveness.

Courage is comprised of emotional strengths that involve the exercise of will to accomplish goals in the face of opposition. They are: bravery, perseverance, integrity and zest.

Wisdom is comprised of cognitive strengths that entail the acquisition and application of knowledge. They are: creativity, curiosity, sound judgement, love of learning, and perspective.

Humanity is comprised of interpersonal strengths that involve tending and befriending others. They are: love, kindness, and social intelligence.

Justice is comprised of civic strengths that underlie healthy community life. They are: fairness, citizenship, and leadership.

Transcendence is comprised of strengths that forge connections to the larger universe and provide inner certitude. They are: appreciation of beauty and excellence, gratitude, hope, humour, and spirituality.

Each character strength is a stable trait-like pattern that is conductive to well-being and flourishing, and naturally nurtured by societal norms and institutions. Each of the strengths is defined behaviourally, with psychometric evidence demonstrating that empirically minded humanists can measure character strengths and virtues in a rigorous scientific manner.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17589856

Fascinating!!!
chincha

User ID: 22169814
Canada
12/11/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've came here to observe stupid people, most of them are soulless, greedy, retarded biological containers.
My report: "You can not fix stupid."
Mother earth, please clean yourself from these parasites.
I feel my contract is almost over, I am ready to go home now.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Axiomatic! My friend,

United States
12/11/2012 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

We are a minority!

Yes and it's a lonely path to take.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
To some on here that don't know...

You must ELIMINATE all FEAR of DEATH...

In order to proceed... as a enlightened One....
Chaga

User ID: 28831928
Russia
12/11/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's strange to me that some people still have it nowdays.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Chaga

Specifically what are you referring to?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29608371
South Africa
12/11/2012 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Same reason everything else is here...shit happens!
Really though, we're just a virus and like every other organism before us we'll vanish one day thank fuck.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

Specifically what are you referring to?

I am a immensely complex being in my mind there could be many meanings, since superior beings may be on gaia...
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Really though, we're just a virus and like every other organism before us we'll vanish one day thank fuck.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29608371

You maybe a virus it sounds like your are...

I am a anti-virus!!!
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
lol
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am here to assist ;)
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/11/2012 12:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know, Plato says philosophy’s a meditation on and a preparation for death. By death what he means is not an event, but a death in life because there’s no rebirth, there’s no change, there’s no transformation without death, and therefore the question becomes: How do you learn how to die?

You can’t talk about truth without talking about learning how to die because it’s precisely by learning how to die, examining yourself and transforming your old self into a better self, that you actually live more intensely and critically and abundantly.

That’s why love is so inseparable from any talk about truth and death, because we know that love is fundamentally a death of an old self that was isolated and the emergence of a new self now entangled with another self, the self that you fall in love with.

We’re beings towards death, we’re featherless two-legged linguistically conscious creatures born between urine and feces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms. That’s us; we’re beings towards death.

At the same time, we have desire while we are organisms in space and time and so it’s desire in the face of death. And then, of course, you’ve got dogmatism, various attempts to hold on to certainty, various forms of idolatry. And you’ve got dialogue in the face of dogmatism. And then of course structurally and institutionally you have domination and you have democracy. You have attempts of people trying to render accountable elites, kings, queens, suzerains, corporate elites, politicians, trying to make these elites accountable to everyday people, to ordinary people.

So if you’ve got on the one hand death, dogmatism, domination, and on the other you’ve got desire in the face of death, dialogue in the face of dogmatism, democracy in the face of domination, then philosophy itself becomes a critical disposition of wrestling with desire in the face of death, wrestling with dialogue in the face of dogmatism, and wrestling with democracy, trying to keep alive a very fragile democratic experiment in the face of structures of domination, patriarchy, white supremacy, imperial power, state power, all those concentrated forms of power that are not accountable to people who are affected by it.

-Cornel West
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
DIVINITY

United States
12/11/2012 12:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

I have faced death multiple times in this life. For the longest time I never understood why I'm still here. Through more learning, I have understood it was all part of the teaching.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29608371
South Africa
12/11/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29608371

You maybe a virus it sounds like your are...

I am a anti-virus!!!

Perhaps parasite is a better word. And if you want to deny that that is what we are, even when you look at how we destroy the planet for our gain, then you're a dick :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29608400
Canada
12/11/2012 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

The fear of death is the lynch pin that holds us prisoner, it enslaves us and sends us out to distract ourselves from it, living as if we would live forever, and yet the grave still finds each and every one of us. Man is not so wise after all for he cannot save himself.

Can we actually believe that this is all there is? It isn't fair to the masses of humanity who do not live as we do here in North America and abroad, in comfort and over abundance. The problem is with such abundance in that they have no need and therefore, seemingly have no need for God. It is the 'meek' who shall inherit the earth and it is the 'poor in spirit' who will be blessed.

It is these who seek their Creator and so God has a place for any and all who call upon His name. He has promised them immortality and perfect bliss. We do not need to fear death, as all of creation shows us that anything worthy, must die and be born again, whether it is stars in the vast universe or a simple seed which dies to the ground only to grow triumphantly, even more brilliant.

Yes, God has given us clues within His creation and if He should give these mere things a rebirth, then all the more for those who look to Him and become His children so that we may be 'where He is'.

Yes, we too, will be reborn, do not fear death.

Hebrews 2:14-15

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Dog_Of_Death

User ID: 27434753
Canada
12/11/2012 12:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
kids. not only to have them, that's not what I mean.

but the answer is kids.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know, Plato says philosophy’s a meditation on and a preparation for death. By death what he means is not an event, but a death in life because there’s no rebirth, there’s no change, there’s no transformation without death, and therefore the question becomes: How do you learn how to die?

You can’t talk about truth without talking about learning how to die because it’s precisely by learning how to die, examining yourself and transforming your old self into a better self, that you actually live more intensely and critically and abundantly.

That’s why love is so inseparable from any talk about truth and death, because we know that love is fundamentally a death of an old self that was isolated and the emergence of a new self now entangled with another self, the self that you fall in love with.

We’re beings towards death, we’re featherless two-legged linguistically conscious creatures born between urine and feces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms. That’s us; we’re beings towards death.

At the same time, we have desire while we are organisms in space and time and so it’s desire in the face of death. And then, of course, you’ve got dogmatism, various attempts to hold on to certainty, various forms of idolatry. And you’ve got dialogue in the face of dogmatism. And then of course structurally and institutionally you have domination and you have democracy. You have attempts of people trying to render accountable elites, kings, queens, suzerains, corporate elites, politicians, trying to make these elites accountable to everyday people, to ordinary people.

So if you’ve got on the one hand death, dogmatism, domination, and on the other you’ve got desire in the face of death, dialogue in the face of dogmatism, democracy in the face of domination, then philosophy itself becomes a critical disposition of wrestling with desire in the face of death, wrestling with dialogue in the face of dogmatism, and wrestling with democracy, trying to keep alive a very fragile democratic experiment in the face of structures of domination, patriarchy, white supremacy, imperial power, state power, all those concentrated forms of power that are not accountable to people who are affected by it.

-Cornel West
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17589856

Negative, but interesting...

I've only seen 1 ?

How do you learn how to die?
The only way to learn how to die is to have near death experiences. simple.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
And There are other ways, to eliminate fear.
AI (OP)
United States
12/11/2012 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Everyday be aware of death...

GLP