Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,150 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 898,164
Pageviews Today: 1,624,368Threads Today: 537Posts Today: 11,585
04:03 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22301087
United States
12/11/2012 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!
 Quoting: Nanna-Ree

Where in the UK?

What was the bearing that you read the sunrise at?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29130142
Finland
12/11/2012 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
Really?

So although people are telling you it's because it is WINTER you still want to believe something 'weird' is going on?

lolsign
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18725862

LOLs to yourself, pal.

Now do you really think people opening up here about experiences like this are idiots?

I'm 40 years old with IQ of 144 and I've been familiar with more than just the basics of astronomy since childhood. You think I would't be aware of sun's position changing during the time of the year? Come on, I live in a country where it's basically pitch dark half of the year because of this.

Don't know about others posting here, but the impression I'm getting from how they express themselves, they're not tards either.

So, we should all just believe what "people are telling us" instead of trusting what we see with our own eyes and can reflect upon years of experiences of how things have been before? Not going to happen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29328782
United Kingdom
12/11/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
I noticed yesterday how far east-south the sun rose. The earth tilts on its axis and this gives us winter as earth is further away be a few degrees, but in my opinion the earth has tilted more and this is why we are getting severe weather.
Hydra

User ID: 29593209
Germany
12/11/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I noticed yesterday how far east-south the sun rose.
The earth tilts on its axis and this gives us winter as earth is further away be a few degrees,
but in my opinion the earth has tilted more and this is why we are getting severe weather.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29328782

wall wall wall wall wall

Degree is a angular measuring unit - not a measuring unit for distance.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Nanna-Ree  (OP)

User ID: 29631347
United Kingdom
12/11/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
i do not mean to question the knowledge of others...

i can understand that ppl say go google this and go google that and it will exp[lain things to you and tell you everything is fine....but isn`t the internet just a tool...can the information put on it not be changed to suit those posting it...if the sky turned purple with pink spots and they wrote that the sky was ment to be purple with pink spots and its normal - does that make it true just because the internet says so?...

...dont many of you say not to watch tv cos it feeding you lies and msm is full of sh** and not to believe it...how do we know that google and the internet is not infact the same??

still open minded
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29296706
United Kingdom
12/11/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just been outside,the sun has gone,THE SUN HAS GONE PEOPLE!!!!
Nanna-Ree  (OP)

United Kingdom
12/11/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29296706

scared
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1562146
Netherlands
12/11/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29296706

applause2
INK3

User ID: 25650162
United States
12/11/2012 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!

Why would you want someone to poopoo it. Watch what you wish for they will show up in force in seconds.

So how far south was it. More south than east or inbetween.
 Quoting: TrinityMountain

i would say between SE and SSE if that makes scense...

iv bn on here for about 2 yr now...take most things with a pinch of salt...but an open mind for the most part...but iv started to notice afew things that have got he looking at the sky abit more the last 3 days....but this is def a new one for me!!

I live on the East Coast US, and the Sun always rose directly over the ocean, from my view. Now it is rising pretty much Southeast, and has been for a while. Also, looking from my kitchen, in late afternoon, (best place for real science for me), the Sun used to be due West. Now I don't know where the hell it is, more Northwest? No idea, but it used to be blinding in my West facing window, now....not so much.
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12008030
Israel
12/11/2012 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Would this not affect the time of sunrise, sunset and nightfall?

If there are any changes in these, the first to notice would be the Orthodox Jews who live their lives to the minute with their prayer services and Sabbath observances dependant on these astronomical events which they have drawn up to the second years in advance!
Anonymous Coward
Finland
12/11/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
if the sky turned purple with pink spots and they wrote that the sky was ment to be purple with pink spots and its normal - does that make it true just because the internet says so?...

Exactly. =D
Anonymous Coward
Finland
12/11/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

If there are any changes in these, the first to notice would be the Orthodox Jews who live their lives to the minute with their prayer services and Sabbath observances dependant on these astronomical events which they have drawn up to the second years in advance!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12008030

If I would have to guess, I'd say that the change isn't constant - it's as if Earth's axis was waning back and forth, away from the previously "normal" position and back. Also, if the change isn't really significant, it may not be noted that easily.

There were news (even in MSM) that the sun rose a day too early somewhere north of the arctic circle a year ago or so already. Now that's a huge thing, and the native people of the North did notice that. Then the news just got buried as if nothing had happened - just as we've seen happening so many times with many other news that don't fit the old paradigm.
Nanna-Ree  (OP)

United Kingdom
12/11/2012 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
if the sky turned purple with pink spots and they wrote that the sky was ment to be purple with pink spots and its normal - does that make it true just because the internet says so?...

Exactly. =D
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29130142

i just dont understand how you are ment to trust one but not the other...if there is a dis-info thing going on wouldnt it effect all forms of infomation sources not just one or the other...?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29296706
United Kingdom
12/11/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Every bloody winter sombody's saying the sun has moved.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17989851
United States
12/11/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12008030

If I would have to guess, I'd say that the change isn't constant - it's as if Earth's axis was waning back and forth, away from the previously "normal" position and back. Also, if the change isn't really significant, it may not be noted that easily.

If the Earth's axis was "waning" back and forth, a sure fire way of documenting that would be a time-lapse photo of the night sky centered on the North Celestial Pole. Any "waning" would be quite apparent in the recorded star trails. ANd yet, no one has done that (or produced a photo which shows such an effect).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29074728
United States
12/11/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: ...and it made me wonder....
Menow
User ID: 18943200
United States
12/11/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's called "the seasons". Get a clue.
Menow
United States
12/11/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

I was telling that to my dad who lives quite a ways from me. He told my my sister was walking her dog and told him the same thing. The sun is not in the right spot.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20551265

Is your sister an astronomer? No? Then ask somebody who really knows about this stuff, hmm?
Dashadow

User ID: 19303634
Sweden
12/11/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's called midvintersolstice. During the short winter days the Sun does not rise exactly in the east, but instead rises just south of east and it sets south of west.

[link to solar.physics.montana.edu]
Menow
United States
12/11/2012 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's called midvintersolstice. During the short winter days the Sun does not rise exactly in the east, but instead rises just south of east and it sets south of west.

[link to solar.physics.montana.edu]
 Quoting: Dashadow

Actually, depending on your latitude, it can set WELL south of west, not just a little.
Menow
United States
12/13/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Now do you really think people opening up here about experiences like this are idiots?

No, just mistaken.

I'm 40 years old with IQ of 144 and I've been familiar with more than just the basics of astronomy since childhood. You think I would't be aware of sun's position changing during the time of the year?

No, just the extent of it and how "unusual" it looks at the extreme ends of travel.

Come on, I live in a country where it's basically pitch dark half of the year because of this.

Have any pics of previous years showing the sun setting in a different place on the same date in previous years?

Don't know about others posting here, but the impression I'm getting from how they express themselves, they're not tards either.

No, just mistaken, but it is their insistence that they can't be wrong in spite of the world's astronomers not noticing that makes them "tards".

So, we should all just believe what "people are telling us"

What people? Astronomers? I daresay none of these "sun out of place" folks have even spoken to an astronomer. If they had, they might understand why they are wrong.

instead of trusting what we see with our own eyes and can reflect upon years of experiences of how things have been before? Not going to happen.

As always, it is NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU SEE WITH YOUR EYES! It is about WHAT YOU THINK YOU REMEMBER! And... none of you EVER have any photos from previous years to support WHAT YOU THINK YOU REMEMBER!
Menow
United States
12/13/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
i do not mean to question the knowledge of others...

i can understand that ppl say go google this and go google that and it will exp[lain things to you and tell you everything is fine....but isn`t the internet just a tool...can the information put on it not be changed to suit those posting it...if the sky turned purple with pink spots and they wrote that the sky was ment to be purple with pink spots and its normal - does that make it true just because the internet says so?...

...dont many of you say not to watch tv cos it feeding you lies and msm is full of sh** and not to believe it...how do we know that google and the internet is not infact the same??

still open minded

It ALWAYS comes down to a vast conspiracy... ALWAYS. The only way this could be true is an air-tight conspiracy between thousands upon thousands of astronomers, all around the planet. The very idea is absurd.
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
12/13/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Tell us more about how they don't know what they know..
Menow
United States
12/13/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Quoting: Waterbug

You mean they think they remember where the sun was in previous years. Funny how NONE of them EVER has and pictures to prove what they think they remember. Funny how no real astronomers agree with them. I wonder... who is right...? I'll take the astronomers.
Menow
United States
12/13/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Oh... and you... do YOU have ANY physical evidence to show that the sun is not where it should be?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29815633
United States
12/13/2012 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Its people like you that make me so sad.

There are a wealth of surise and sun set tables out there on the web which were tabulated years ago.

Just check your facts before engaging mouth you idiot.....

[link to www.timeanddate.com]"

What a fucking stupid asshole the poster who wrote this is.. they are not even human
Menow
United States
12/13/2012 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just so it's clear now... the mistake you made was in thinking that the sun shouldn't be rising in the Southeast. It should be- that is normal for this time of year.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12774950
Canada
12/13/2012 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

how can the sun bee in the wrong place,,
It's alway there?? right in the middle.
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
12/13/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Oh... and you... do YOU have ANY physical evidence to show that the sun is not where it should be?
 Quoting: Menow 18943200

Maybe I do; maybe I don't.
Why would anyone feel obliged to provide any
information to an anonymous poster who offers
so little in return?
I think it's better that you continue your ignorance regarding any knowledge
I may or may not possess.

Now, I'll let you get back to brow-beating the posters.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Quoting: Menow 18943200

Maybe I do; maybe I don't.

My money is on "don't".

Why would anyone feel obliged to provide any
information to an anonymous poster who offers
so little in return?

Heh. Don't do it for ME... do it for all those who believe it's true. They NEED your help!

I think it's better that you continue your ignorance regarding any knowledge
I may or may not possess.

Ohh.... PLEASE... I NEED to be enlightened! I CRAVE your knowledge! I can't LIVE without it!

Now, I'll let you get back to brow-beating the posters.

Wot a maroon!

GLP