Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,331 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 930,823
Pageviews Today: 1,659,488Threads Today: 705Posts Today: 12,530
06:51 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk

Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
12/14/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
Only 5 posts, menow..?

They know.

Tell us more about how they don't know what they know..
 Quoting: Waterbug

Oh... and you... do YOU have ANY physical evidence to show that the sun is not where it should be?
 Quoting: Menow 18943200

Maybe I do; maybe I don't.

My money is on "don't".

Why would anyone feel obliged to provide any
information to an anonymous poster who offers
so little in return?

Heh. Don't do it for ME... do it for all those who believe it's true. They NEED your help!

I think it's better that you continue your ignorance regarding any knowledge
I may or may not possess.

Ohh.... PLEASE... I NEED to be enlightened! I CRAVE your knowledge! I can't LIVE without it!

Now, I'll let you get back to brow-beating the posters.

Wot a maroon!

Fun with formatting...?

There are new threads concerning these phenoms..
Shouldn't you be off ridiculing the posters on them
instead of wasting your time trying to bait me..?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29735994
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!
 Quoting: Nanna-Ree

If you get your hands on a globe it should be relatively obvious that in winter due to the earths inclination the sun appearing in the south east is entirely to be expected.
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!

If you get your hands on a globe it should be relatively obvious that in winter due to the earths inclination the sun appearing in the south east is entirely to be expected.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29735994

That is quite true...

The issue, however, is inconsistency and variability...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29857611
Canada
12/14/2012 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Inuit people have noticed

[youtube] [link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29594478
United States
12/14/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
My 13yr old saw 2 suns when we were driving over the Summer. Freaked the life out of me when she shouted out as I was driving but freaked me before because Ive never bought into 2 sun phenomenon
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29537055

If there were 2 suns in the sky..we'd all be dead by now...kid is prolly just imagining things.
Do people even realize what the effects on earth would be if there was a second sun?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4914062

I remember reading on the BBC website that there might be 2 suns visible in 2012. They've pulled it now, but I distinctly remember reading it several times.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Last Summer I Noticed The Sun Was Setting 30 to 40 Degrees Off From It's Usual Place
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1591347
Netherlands
12/14/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Depends on the reference you use. In winter time it rises in the SE, in summer in the E. I would not call the SE the wrong place, it's only different from summer.

Besides that, nothing wrong with the sun here in the NL.
muse_1111

User ID: 26558348
United States
12/14/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

^ this is correct. I found this info on Wikipedia this week doing some research. [link to en.wikipedia.org]

"The winter solstice is the solstice that occurs in winter. It is the time at which the Sun is appearing at noon at its lowest altitude above the horizon. In the Northern Hemisphere this is the Southern solstice, the time at which the Sun is at its southernmost point in the sky, which usually occurs on December 21 to 22 each year."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1591347
Netherlands
12/14/2012 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
My 13yr old saw 2 suns when we were driving over the Summer. Freaked the life out of me when she shouted out as I was driving but freaked me before because Ive never bought into 2 sun phenomenon

If there were 2 suns in the sky..we'd all be dead by now...kid is prolly just imagining things.
Do people even realize what the effects on earth would be if there was a second sun?

I remember reading on the BBC website that there might be 2 suns visible in 2012. They've pulled it now, but I distinctly remember reading it several times.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29594478

A kid put it on their website...

Come on, you can't be serious! This thread needs to be closed. Too much suntards already
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1862659
United States
12/14/2012 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: TrinityMountain

...another thing iv always poohooed

noticed it about 2 wks ago when we had all the floods where i am....and yesterday i started looking again cos it realy stood out and i noticed it...and this morning iv bn taking photos...

need to read up on it more to develope an opinion as it just seems "too much" to believe but if im going to go in that direction im more inclind to believe its weather control/related than poisoning us...

but like i said, iv not taken too much notice til now so need to read up on the "theories" to decide what i believe it or not....

Chemtrails are not "a theory", they are real & a good place to look for information(you need to use discernment & verify sources) are threads here. Look up Geo Engineering, that's the "Official" term & no, you're not crazy, Earth's "woble" has changed/accelerated.
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

To varying degrees... all celestial objects can have an effect on the others. Mass, distance are variables.

Doesn't have to be visible to us on Earth.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

A kid put it on their website...

Come on, you can't be serious! This thread needs to be closed. Too much suntards already
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1591347

No. It was a valid article.
Mwalk
Low Earth Orbit

User ID: 1067150
United States
12/14/2012 10:28 AM

Report Abusive Post

During winter/fall the sun is always more South than straight East to West.
 Quoting: #Geomagnetic_Storm#

No shit! This year it is WAY far south, more so than ever.
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1862659
United States
12/14/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
You said you noticed other things that have you looking at the sky alot more. What have you been noticing...?

also going to look into the whole pole shifting thing...(is north still @ where i knew north to be....)

Either avoid the poleshift ning site in your search for answers or use a 100 pound bag of salt. Some facts given, sure, but most are twisted & manipulated to support nutty Nancy & her delusions.
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
You said you noticed other things that have you looking at the sky alot more. What have you been noticing...?

also going to look into the whole pole shifting thing...(is north still @ where i knew north to be....)

Either avoid the poleshift ning site in your search for answers or use a 100 pound bag of salt. Some facts given, sure, but most are twisted & manipulated to support nutty Nancy & her delusions.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1862659

Which gives the shills a perpetual excuse to accuse any free-thinker of being
a zeta-tard... whether he is or not..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17036978
United States
12/14/2012 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Depending on where you live the sun will set at different places on the horizon. The earth rotates on it axis with a wobble. This creates a change in the sunlight's "angle of incidence." December in the southern US the sun will be rising more to the southeast and setting more to in the southwest. In the summer it will be the opposite rising more to the northeast and setting more to the north east. I think the degrees of difference is around 12 degrees.
IwasKidding

User ID: 27554728
United States
12/14/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

NOT THIS FAR
IwasKidding

User ID: 27554728
United States
12/14/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
you are not alone here is another thread: Thread: Last Summer I Noticed The Sun Was Setting 30 to 40 Degrees Off From It's Usual Place
Menow
User ID: 18943200
United States
12/14/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh... and you... do YOU have ANY physical evidence to show that the sun is not where it should be?

Maybe I do; maybe I don't.

My money is on "don't".

Why would anyone feel obliged to provide any
information to an anonymous poster who offers
so little in return?

Heh. Don't do it for ME... do it for all those who believe it's true. They NEED your help!

I think it's better that you continue your ignorance regarding any knowledge
I may or may not possess.

Ohh.... PLEASE... I NEED to be enlightened! I CRAVE your knowledge! I can't LIVE without it!

Now, I'll let you get back to brow-beating the posters.

Wot a maroon!

Fun with formatting...?

There are new threads concerning these phenoms..
Shouldn't you be off ridiculing the posters on them
instead of wasting your time trying to bait me..?

Here's some bait for you: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Either you can prove that Earth is abnormally tilted with something SOLID, or you can't. Like I said: My money is on "can't".

PS: Maybe you should look up the definition of "solid", because anecdotal reports from random people on the internet is not "solid" evidence.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Inuit people have noticed

[youtube] [link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29857611

"The Inuit people"? As if they ALL agree on it? Hardly. Even the film maker has stated that atmospheric refraction has made those couple of "elders" THINK the sun is in the wrong place. Get something REAL!
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

That is quite true...

The issue, however, is inconsistency and variability...

Bullshit. That is just your way of dodging the truth when people see things where they should be.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

That was a story about a super-nova, and it hasn't been "pulled". It took me all of 20 secs to google up the story. Get a grip.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Shall I waste my time looking for any concrete evidence on that thread? Nah... why bother?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

...another thing iv always poohooed

noticed it about 2 wks ago when we had all the floods where i am....and yesterday i started looking again cos it realy stood out and i noticed it...and this morning iv bn taking photos...

need to read up on it more to develope an opinion as it just seems "too much" to believe but if im going to go in that direction im more inclind to believe its weather control/related than poisoning us...

but like i said, iv not taken too much notice til now so need to read up on the "theories" to decide what i believe it or not....

Chemtrails are not "a theory", they are real & a good place to look for information(you need to use discernment & verify sources) are threads here. Look up Geo Engineering, that's the "Official" term & no, you're not crazy, Earth's "woble" has changed/accelerated.

You're welcome to post any SOLID evidence that Earth is *wobbling* to a visible degree. I won't hold my breath.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Depending on where you live the sun will set at different places on the horizon. The earth rotates on it axis with a wobble. This creates a change in the sunlight's "angle of incidence."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17036978

NO, IT DOES NOT! Not to any visible degree! What ever happened to middle-school science??

This creates a change in the sunlight's "angle of incidence." December in the southern US the sun will be rising more to the southeast and setting more to in the southwest. In the summer it will be the opposite rising more to the northeast and setting more to the north east. I think the degrees of difference is around 12 degrees.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17036978

NO! Earth's tilt to the ecliptic is some 23 degrees and the seasons are caused by which side of the sun it's on in orbit!
Omniscient1

User ID: 25801142
United States
12/14/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ya and on the frozen tits thing...

pics or it didn't happen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22022484
United States
12/14/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
and STILL people on this thread saying the sun has 'moved'... for the love of God you can't really be THAT ignorant?
You have a computer.. Google for "Sunrise direction seasons" or variants of such.

Here is a good image for those who seem to have problem with the written word.

[link to apod.nasa.gov]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18725862

gaah there's 3 suns in the p0tato
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which gives the shills a perpetual excuse to accuse any free-thinker of being
a zeta-tard... whether he is or not..

People parrot stuff from Nancy Lieder and Zetatalk without having the slightest idea where it originated! Where do you think this whole idea about the sun being out of place in the sky came from?! NANCY LIEDER!! Get a clue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4565532
United States
12/14/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Im going to have to make a form letter for all these sun in wrong place threads.....

Look glp for real....the whole point of being here is free thinking and to pass around ideas, that comes with the basic responsibility of verifying your information on your own.

There are countless resources in your library or online that will tell you where the sun should be.

Any basic compass can tell you thing are where they are supposed to be. The sun varies it position of due west by 30-35 degrees north or south during the year.

Go out and look for yourself.....

The pyramids and Stonehenge have been around for a long time, the sun is rising and setting along the causeways just as it has for thousands of years. The Aztec city of tulum is still aligned properly. As we approach December 21 the sun will set farther and farther south in the northern hemi

If you REALLY are so surprised take the few minutes to verify with an actual tool yourself. All you have to do is look at any star watching guide for your area to see things are not going crazy.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

NOT THIS FAR
 Quoting: IwasKidding

How far, then? State the general area where you live and where you THINK the sun SHOULD be rising or setting now. Don't say: "Over my neighbor's driveway" either. Give it in some form of measurement which can be understood by other people! After you say where it SHOULD be, then you can say where you claim it *IS* setting now.

You have the floor.

GLP