Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,119 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 414,003
Pageviews Today: 689,723Threads Today: 255Posts Today: 4,336
09:13 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29551069
United States
12/14/2012 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!
 Quoting: Nanna-Ree

beloved, this is shit. It is rising not to bad at all, its supposed to rise south east in the winter before solstice. I last saw it yesterday at rise, we had clouds today. as to where it is at high noon, about right too for this time of year as measured in my south facing window, but where sun beam shows on the opposite wall.

We have had a small amount of axis shifting which may be putting buildings in front of rise or set and changing it slightly.
Menow
User ID: 18943200
United States
12/14/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: sun in wrong place...cant believe im even thinking it...tell me when i made the mistake....uk
ok so i was putting the rubbish out for recycling and looked up to see the sun rising over the horizon...beautiful, stood freezing my tits off for a min looking at it when i realised that it was not in the east...

dont all start shouting at once, im probably wrong put it was def south east not east....i know where north is as i had an app on my last phone but i also have an old fashion compas too so ran into look for it and couldnt believe it...even got 17 y/o son to check it as he would understand it better as hes done 3 yrs at cadets and agreed...

please explain the mistake i made to me as i have always been one to poohoo the whole sun moving pole shift stuff but got to say...im more than alittle shocked!!!
 Quoting: Nanna-Ree

beloved, this is shit. It is rising not to bad at all, its supposed to rise south east in the winter before solstice. I last saw it yesterday at rise, we had clouds today. as to where it is at high noon, about right too for this time of year as measured in my south facing window, but where sun beam shows on the opposite wall.

We have had a small amount of axis shifting which may be putting buildings in front of rise or set and changing it slightly.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29551069

WRONG! Please stop repeating this nonsense. Large earthquakes have been estimated to have shifted Earth's axis on the order of a few INCHES a the poles. This is nowhere NEAR enough to be seen by eye. It isn't even measurable with high-end equipment!
Waterbug

User ID: 1295673
United States
12/14/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
chuckle

Back with a vengeance, eh menow..?
Something ruffle your feathers...?
Must be some truth here... or you wouldn't be here obfuscating.

Everything is as it should be... because you say so.

So... what happens when mass migrates on a spinning, axial-tilted, globe-like object..?

Let's just postulate that this globe, with ice on the poles,
warms..
the ice becomes water...
then it migrates due to centrifugal force...

What do you suppose the effects would be on the orientation of said globe.. excluding all other factors..?

Is that what you are trying to bury..?
SevenThunders

User ID: 15851599
United States
12/14/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Uh really? You are at 54 degrees latitude in your cold wet northerly island. It is now winter. The sun should be in the southeast as far as I can tell.

The sun is in the south east for me as well in the morning and I'm way down at 42 degrees latitude.

In fact during the winter the sun would be slightly south even at the equator. Welcome to geography 101.
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29871220
United States
12/14/2012 05:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Debunkers, those of us who are reporting significant changes in the location of the sun are well aware that it moves position throughout the year – that is precisely the point we are making.

When a person has lived in the same house for a decade (or two in my case) watching sunrise and sunset, they know exactly where to look for it throughout the seasons. Many are seeing the sun now visible through new windows - or missing from a window entirely where it had previously been visible at a specific time of year, every year. Porches and decks that never got a ray of sunshine - ever - are now receiving direct sunlight. We are not experts in astronomy but we are certainly capable of critical observation.

The phenomenon being observed by so many is that houses and decks do not move but the position of the sun has. The charts and measurements debunkers reference are simply failing to explain this.

Scientific discoveries happen because brilliant minds want to know more about an observed phenomenon. They must question and think outside the box and experiment to find out why something is happening the way it is. This is how old scientific models are discarded for new ones.

Instead of using stale Geology and Astronomy 101 information to disparage the abundance of empirical evidence being reported, why don’t those of you who claim to be knowledgeable in the field seek to think outside the box and figure out what could be causing these sun changes?
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Uh really? You are at 54 degrees latitude in your cold wet northerly island. It is now winter. The sun should be in the southeast as far as I can tell.

The sun is in the south east for me as well in the morning and I'm way down at 42 degrees latitude.

In fact during the winter the sun would be slightly south even at the equator. Welcome to geography 101.
 Quoting: SevenThunders

That is not geography... It is orbital dynamics.
Welcome to reality.

Get with the program, cletus.
We are discussing the apparent variations and
anomalies noticed by various people, in various
locations, at various times.

You should probably find a less challenging subject...
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Scientific discoveries happen because brilliant minds want to know more about an observed phenomenon. They must question and think outside the box and experiment to find out why something is happening the way it is. This is how old scientific models are discarded for new ones.

Instead of using stale Geology and Astronomy 101 information to disparage the abundance of empirical evidence being reported, why don’t those of you who claim to be knowledgeable in the field seek to think outside the box and figure out what could be causing these sun changes?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29871220

Brilliant post..

'why don’t those of you who claim to be knowledgeable in the field seek to think outside the box and figure out what could be causing these sun changes'?

Why, indeed... Ulterior motives, perchance..?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
chuckle

Quoting: Waterbug

You are welcome to point out anything I have posted which is not factual.

"Everything"? When did I say anything about "everything"? I guess you can't respond to what I actually say, so you have to make stuff up.

So... what happens when mass migrates on a spinning, axial-tilted, globe-like object..?

Sorry? "axial-tilted"? What does that have to do with it? You are showing your ignorance.

warms..
the ice becomes water...

What do you suppose the effects would be on the orientation of said globe.. excluding all other factors..?

It is you who is trying to bury the fact that you are dodging my challenge for solid evidence. Pretty funny.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Debunkers, those of us who are reporting significant changes in the location of the sun are well aware that it moves position throughout the year – that is precisely the point we are making.

Then why do so many people simply say something like this: "The sun has ALWAYS set over that mountain!". I saw that posted just today.

When a person has lived in the same house for a decade (or two in my case) watching sunrise and sunset, they know exactly where to look for it throughout the seasons.

You might think that was true, but it's not.

Many are seeing the sun now visible through new windows - or missing from a window entirely where it had previously been visible at a specific time of year, every year. Porches and decks that never got a ray of sunshine - ever - are now receiving direct sunlight. We are not experts in astronomy but we are certainly capable of critical observation.

Apparently not, by sheer definition.

The phenomenon being observed by so many is that houses and decks do not move but the position of the sun has. The charts and measurements debunkers reference are simply failing to explain this.

Excuse me? Charts and measurements describe where the sun is SUPPOSED to rise and set. Funny how they are exactly right, regardless of what some people think they remember.

Heh... WHAT "sun changes"? You simply don't get that wild claim accepted as a 'given' without showing some documented evidence. Got any? No? Didn't think so.

How can NONE of these "observant people" have EVER taken ANY photos showing how the sunset USED TO BE as opposed to the "wrong" way it is now? No kids softball games at dusk... no sunsets over a lake... no pictures of BBQing in the backyard as the sun goes down.... NOTHING!

On the other hand... an entire archive of sunset pics from the same location. [link to www.katkam.ca] Knock yourself out!
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Brilliant post..

'why don’t those of you who claim to be knowledgeable in the field seek to think outside the box and figure out what could be causing these sun changes'?

You mean, just accept the 'word' of people about what would be a monumental event in the history of the planet without ANY solid evidence. Sure...
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to reality.

Gee... and people claim that it is only debunkers who are rude and insulting to other posters. Imagine that...
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to reality.

Gee... and people claim that it is only debunkers who are rude and insulting to other posters. Imagine that...
 Quoting: Menow 18943200

Tit for tat... His tone and intent was to insult.
Surely.. even you can see that...
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
chuckle

Upload a definition of obfuscation.

"Everything"? When did I say anything about "everything"? [I guess you can't respond to what I actually say, so you have to make stuff up.

Shall I do an advanced search to make sure..?

Sorry? "axial-tilted"? What does that have to do with it? You are showing your ignorance.

It means, 'tilted on its axis'...
Pertains to an accurate depiction of the parameters of the postulation.

warms..
the ice becomes water...

It is you who is trying to bury the fact that you are dodging my challenge for solid evidence. Pretty funny.

I'm asking you to give your opinion on my postulation...
Requires independent thought....

The evidence is nebulous and you know that...
Orbital mechanics is an inexact science...
You know that, as well... at least, you should.

So...?

'I guess you can't respond to what I actually say, so you have to make stuff up. '

Which of us is not responding..?
Waterbug

United States
12/14/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Brilliant post..

You mean, just accept the 'word' of people about what would be a monumental event in the history of the planet without ANY solid evidence. Sure...

Do you mean something like... the existence of a child born of a virgin...?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 07:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to reality.

Tit for tat... His tone and intent was to insult.
Surely.. even you can see that...

Well, let's see.... this claim is idiotic and has been going on for years now, in the face of all evidence to the contrary. I wonder why people are fed up with it? No... no, I don't.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
chuckle

Upload a definition of obfuscation.

In other words, you are unable to point out anything I have posted which is not factual. Thanks.

"Everything"? When did I say anything about "everything"? [I guess you can't respond to what I actually say, so you have to make stuff up.

Shall I do an advanced search to make sure..?

You can do whatever you like.

It means, 'tilted on its axis'...
Pertains to an accurate depiction of the parameters of the postulation.

Once again you dodge my specific point and question, which was: What does that have to do with it? Care to try again?

What does that have to do with it?
warms..
the ice becomes water...

I'm asking you to give your opinion on my postulation...
Requires independent thought....

I'm going to guess that you envision an out-of-balance situation. Why? Water seeks its level. there would be no imbalance under your scenario.

What does that have to do with it?
The evidence is nebulous and you know that...

Heh... That's one way of putting it. Another way would be nonexistent.

Orbital mechanics is an inexact science...

Bullshit. You just like to imagine magical scenarios under which your fantasy story can take place.

You know that, as well... at least, you should.

What does this innuendo have to do with the lack of evidence of a visible change in Earth's tilt?

So...?

'I guess you can't respond to what I actually say, so you have to make stuff up. '

Which of us is not responding..?

That would be you, on the question of why the world's astronomers don't notice any problem with the sun's location.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 07:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Brilliant post..

Do you mean something like... the existence of a child born of a virgin...?

Meaning that your "sun-out-of-place" claim requires a religious-type of belief? I already knew that.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, menow, four posts in a row focused not on investigation or discovery but on deconstructing empirical - or observed - evidence that doesn’t fit into your rigid construct based on current 'documentation'.

Like I said, “Scientific discoveries happen because brilliant minds want to know more about an observed phenomenon.”

Many of us are here because we do indeed want to know more - why are you on this thread?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28946474
Australia
12/14/2012 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
So... just clarify this for me

that if in winter in the norther hemisphere the sun rises further south east.. wouldnt that then mean that in the southern hemisphere the sun would be rising more to the north east??

Here in Australia its summer, and the sun is rising south east.. soooo.. is that right.. i always thought that in summer it rose from due east to north east..
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, menow, four posts in a row focused not on investigation or discovery but on deconstructing empirical - or observed - evidence that doesn’t fit into your rigid construct based on current 'documentation'.

Like I said, “Scientific discoveries happen because brilliant minds want to know more about an observed phenomenon.”

Many of us are here because we do indeed want to know more - why are you on this thread?

I think you mean you want to see more reinforcement of this foolish notion.

Nothing on investigation or discovery? What do you call this:
[link to www.katkam.ca]
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
deconstructing empirical - or observed - evidence that doesn’t fit into your rigid construct based on current 'documentation'.

By the way... what these people are reporting is not really about what they observe at all. It is about what they claim to REMEMBER. What don't you understand about that? If they really could go back and "see" what the sunset looked like on a given date in past years , I daresay they would be shocked to learn that it is in the same place as now. That is I why I keep asking for pics from previous years and WHY I PROVIDED SOME. Get it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
12/14/2012 08:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
You finally see. What took you so long?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
So... just clarify this for me

that if in winter in the norther hemisphere the sun rises further south east.. wouldnt that then mean that in the southern hemisphere the sun would be rising more to the north east??

Here in Australia its summer, and the sun is rising south east.. soooo.. is that right.. i always thought that in summer it rose from due east to north east..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28946474

Nope. In your summer the south pole is nearer the sun like the north pole is for us up here in our summer. The sun rise and set appears closer to the respective poles. North for us- south for you.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.katkam.ca]

What I meant is what I stated - no interpretation necessary, menow. And you didn't address the question.

Gave your link a shot...and could not find any 'investigation or discovery' about long-term sun position on the site. If perhaps I missed it, could you specify which time lapse camera link shows comparison photos of sun position spanning years as is being discussed on this thread?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.katkam.ca]

What I meant is what I stated - no interpretation necessary, menow. And you didn't address the question.

Why is it that people who come on a thread and provide correct information instead of reinforcing the falsehoods being posted are required to say why they are doing so?

Gave your link a shot...and could not find any 'investigation or discovery' about long-term sun position on the site. If perhaps I missed it, could you specify which time lapse camera link shows comparison photos of sun position spanning years as is being discussed on this thread?

You can search the archives there for specific dates in different years. When you find matching dates where you can see the disk of the sun at the horizon(no clouds), you will find that they match nicely.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd really appreciate an answer to this:

deconstructing empirical - or observed - evidence that doesn’t fit into your rigid construct based on current 'documentation'.

By the way... what these people are reporting is not really about what they observe at all. It is about what they claim to REMEMBER. What don't you understand about that?
Andre 11:11
User ID: 29911654
Mexico
12/14/2012 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fucking Menow! You are still there. I remember you when you debunked all Nancy's posts on GLP a few years ago.

Beware! Karma is real.
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

One more time, for clarity. If these people had truly observed AND RECORDED, in some way, the previous position of a sunset and are now observing a change, which they are also documenting, then they might have something. As it is, they are thinking back, in retrospect, and saying that they REMEMBER the sun being in a different place. See the difference?
Menow
United States
12/14/2012 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fucking Menow! You are still there. I remember you when you debunked all Nancy's posts on GLP a few years ago.

Beware! Karma is real.
 Quoting: Andre 11:11 29911654

Soo.... who turned out to be right about Nancy Lieder's predictions?
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

By the way... what these people are reporting is not really about what they observe at all. It is about what they claim to REMEMBER. What don't you understand about that? If they really could go back and "see" what the sunset looked like on a given date in past years , I daresay they would be shocked to learn that it is in the same place as now. That is I why I keep asking for pics from previous years and WHY I PROVIDED SOME. Get it?

People don't "claim to remember" whether or not a deck ever had sun - either a deck gets sun or it doesn't. Either the sun has been visible through a particular window at sunset before or it hasn't. Either the sun has hit a person's recliner every day for 10 years or it hasn't. Either a garden plot gets sun or it doesn't. This is not about memory.

It doesn't require a PhD to make valid observations about one's environment, especially when it is a home with which one is thoroughly familiar. And it is nonsensical to ask for photo documentation for this kind of observation...that would necessitate having had stringent criteria and controls on camera equipment set up for years to be valid, not random pix of backyard barbecues as you suggested.

GLP