Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,191 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 143,151
Pageviews Today: 241,957Threads Today: 84Posts Today: 1,166
02:27 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Psychiatry goes insane! Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5

ajk

User ID: 29024587
United States
12/13/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Psychiatry goes insane! Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5
I agree with them being a mental disorder
Think about this...
The mind when is calm and in peace is able to create a certain situation or an approach to one in a more logic way which leads to a good result
now
add emotions, this calm and peaceful mind becomes clouded, a dense fog that feeds a thought and/or reaction.
then you're fucked, gg, im high...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21565341

I'll say it again, do you REALLY want THEM telling you what a disorder is? Or do you want to be able to control that on your own? Simple question.
No one is perfect. A babe before walking will first stumble and fall many times but NEVER gives up until he succeeds.

Always remember, ultimately, to never follow any person's belief. Your relationship with God is between you and God.

If nothing else, remember this: religion = subservience, control and conformity, the same template as EVERY government

"Most believers would kill truth if truth threatened their religion." L. K. Washburn

"This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves." Robert Ingersoll

"If anyone wants to know how God feels, it's a warm light as if the sun is poking through dark clouds and lifting your spirits with pure joy."
Nika  (OP)

User ID: 29772491
United States
12/13/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Psychiatry goes insane! Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5
According to them I think I have ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), you can see it in my avatar. I wonder if I could get a medical marijuana prescription for that?!?!?
 Quoting: Saddletramp

Come to Oregon....they'll give you one.
:infnty:

:ihavgsbmp:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13326139
United Arab Emirates
12/13/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, they are right in a way, in that anything besides a calm mind totally clear of thoughts is an unstable state of mind which leads to suffering through want or lack of want, and thus is undesirable. However, medicine is not really the answer for everything.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13326139

Thoughts do not equal an unstable mind.
 Quoting: Nika

If you are not your true self, then is your mind truly stable?

Anyone who is not enlightened is not truly him/herself, and enlightenment is really a state of mind. Hence, if you are not enlightened, then your mind is not in its perfect state, and therefore can never really be absolutely stable.

Psychiatric medicine is not really the answer though (except in some cases), because they simply numb the symptom without curing the disease. Just my $0.02
acdr

User ID: 16060718
United States
12/13/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am embarrassed for my profession. I am a family doc.

I have seen some truly messed up people. Had a guy 2 weeks ago tell me he was hearing voices (but only in his right ear). He told me "last night, 2 demon angles came down and ripped my wings off....and it still hurts in my back". He is known to me as a bipolar person....I think he had a manic episode with psychotic features.

But this new DSM is just messed up. There are folks who truly do have mental health issues....and then there are folks who are just responding appropriately to their environment
Nika  (OP)

User ID: 29772491
United States
12/13/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, they are right in a way, in that anything besides a calm mind totally clear of thoughts is an unstable state of mind which leads to suffering through want or lack of want, and thus is undesirable. However, medicine is not really the answer for everything.

Thoughts do not equal an unstable mind.

If you are not your true self, then is your mind truly stable?

Anyone who is not enlightened is not truly him/herself, and enlightenment is really a state of mind. Hence, if you are not enlightened, then your mind is not in its perfect state, and therefore can never really be absolutely stable.

Psychiatric medicine is not really the answer though (except in some cases), because they simply numb the symptom without curing the disease. Just my $0.02

How would emotions hinder a human from spiritual awakening?
By your reasoning, only a robotic like mind can become enlightened.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11996066
Canada
12/13/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
A slippy slope down mandatory medication. This is not going to work but they would like it to. You check yourself in and given only two options when you leave.

Go to prison or take your Meds!
Gratia Plena

User ID: 1220977
United States
12/13/2012 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
When my mother died very unexpectedly, I was extremely grief-stricken. I wanted to be with her. I wasn't quite suicidal, but I wanted the world to end so I could be with her. I made the mistake of going to talk to my doctor and getting a referral to a grief therapist. Now, my permanent medical record says I suffer from depression. Because I was sad my mother died when I was 28 years old, I'm now clinically depressed according to them. God forbid I went to see a psychiatrist. They would have a field day with me. Sadness over a death, anxiety over finances... watch out! I'm a PSYCHO MESS!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27963234
United States
12/13/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
From the esteemed science which brought us drapetomania (a supposed mental illness described by American physician Samuel A. Cartwright in 1851 that caused black slaves to flee captivity.)

[link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29819668
United States
12/13/2012 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't listen to their psycho-babble. The majority of people can handle their own humanly emotions without the need for treatment & meds. Nature intended it that way. Emotions serve a purpose. Don't trust these psychopaths.

I've only gone to a psychologist/psychiatrist twice: once to get a job (part of the screening process) & several years later to go back to work after a 3 month leave involving a very difficult grieving period.

I really question the type of people that go into that field. It seems that many of the people that do have deep-seated problems themselves & are attracted to the field to solve their own problems.

In the screening to get the job the psychiatrist left the room & said he'd be right back. While he was gone his phone rang. When he came back in he said, "I heard my phone ringing. Why didn't you answer it?"

I was already irritated & fed up with him so I said, "Answer your own damn phone! I'm not your employee or slave!" He didn't answer & just wrote something in his notes. At another point in the interview he asked me a very bizarre question to which I responded, "That's a stupid question & I'm not even going to grace it with an answer."

I wrote off the job & was really surprised when I learned I had passed and did get the job! Go figure!

The second time I had to go to one to return to the job didn't go much better. His first question was, "Did you feel any sadness when he died?" WTH??? His next statement was, "No one is worth what you put yourself through." My answer: "You wouldn't be but he was!"

The people in this field are so out of reality themselves. They should not have the power over people that they do! I'm usually not such a rude person but both of these psychopaths had me raging!

Stay away from psychiatrists/psychologists! They are crazy! I'll never go again even if it means my job.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550926
United States
12/13/2012 10:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is all about money.

If psychiatrists can classify you are officially in need of treatment, they can get reimbursed for treating you, it's a big medicare and social security scam. All old people go mentally bonkers, it's called 'senility', they all get depressed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29819668
United States
12/13/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is all about money.

If psychiatrists can classify you are officially in need of treatment, they can get reimbursed for treating you, it's a big medicare and social security scam. All old people go mentally bonkers, it's called 'senility', they all get depressed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550926

Yes, and what's sad is that so many old folks are in homes instead of being taken in by their families. They are like sitting ducks.

Many are just depressed because they feel purposeless & not needed. That & all the drugs that their M.D.s have them on already and they fact they are less active..

It seemed when old people were cared for by their families instead of being shipped off to a home they remained more active helping around the house & felt more purpose. They weathered growing old better.
essence428

User ID: 22916852
United States
12/13/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
and all this medication is making us an obese society too! Then they go and get after us for that! Yet, they prescribed the medication that made us fat!! Can't win.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22054163
United States
12/13/2012 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
It gets worse and worse every day...especially when every political section you fall in to is a mental illness.

That means what ever you register under Dem or what ever you have been tagged labeled one effected brain or another.

And we do so deliciously love to target what we tagged.

The nobody is the best for anybody in this day and time.

even your states are color coded this mentality or that mentality.

Might as well take a branding iron and sear their foreheads.

Or wring the mind out of them and refill it the preferred one.

Wringing can be excruciating when it is applied in a non physical way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18644011
Croatia
12/13/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just realized what this really leads too, if normal emotion get's labelled as "unnormal" we'll be soon living in equilibrium
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29822124
United States
12/14/2012 04:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25738192
Canada
12/14/2012 04:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Emotion is beautiful. Even depression.

Its quite a ride.

But euphoric mania is just as good :O
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2731277
United States
12/14/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
According to them I think I have ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), you can see it in my avatar. I wonder if I could get a medical marijuana prescription for that?!?!?
 Quoting: Saddletramp

Come to Oregon....they'll give you one.

Ha! I'm orignally from Oregon! Miss it!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder how many of these disorders will now be eligible for Social Security Disability?
It is amazing the list of things they say make you disabled. Meanwhile my husband, who was recently diagnosed with a fatal, debilitating disease has been waiting since August to hear from Social Security and I am pretty sure was denied.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26483554

Check out that link and see if his disabilty falls under one of those definitions. I work with applications a lot and the ones that get denied is when the SSA figures the person is still able to work. I can't quote or say exactly how they figure it out because the decsion is made by their panel. Goiod luck.

[link to www.ssa.gov]

- Also appeal their descion and state why he is not able to work, don't give up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29865683
Netherlands
12/14/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fruit also has weird jokes inbetween and i think its sand spreading but its so dumb that nobody may join there take off stealing with someone elses there idea + getting rid of those also ?

Mlmlh and fuck you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29795501
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is all about zionist social engineering. If you are not acting like a zionist sheep they jew psychiatrists will fix it.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to allpsych.com]

Example from DSM online :

Psychiatric Disorders

-------------------------------------------------------------​-------------------

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

Category

-------------------------------------------------------------​-------------------

Anxiety Disorders

Etiology

Often anxiety gets generalized to other situations, and can then become overwhelming or associated with life in general. Typically GAD develops over a period of time and may not be noticed until it is significant enough to cause problems with functioning.

Symptoms

As its name implies, GAD is evidenced by general feelings of anxiety such as mild heart palpitations, dizziness, and excessive worry. The symptoms are difficult to control for the individual and are not related to a specific event (such as in PTSD) and are not as severe as those found with Panic Disorder.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29311787
Canada
12/14/2012 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just realized what this really leads too, if normal emotion get's labelled as "unnormal" we'll be soon living in equilibrium
 Quoting: Itchy Who?

What do you mean? Like through pressuring to become emotionally vacant/neutral we will collectively become more uniform, with less extremes/variability in emotional expression/experience? If so, a loss of variability=decreased adaptability of the population?
Anonymous Coward
Croatia
12/14/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

What do you mean? Like through pressuring to become emotionally vacant/neutral we will collectively become more uniform, with less extremes/variability in emotional expression/experience? If so, a loss of variability=decreased adaptability of the population?
 Quoting: Parabola

Well, I wouldn't describe it that "complicated". If we sacrifice our emotions and our individual identities for the sake of the "hive", we are already dead. If I had to choose whether humanity should choose that way or simply go distinct, I would choose distinction. Why live in peace if we have lost the ability to enjoy the peace?
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/14/2012 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, I wouldn't describe it that "complicated". If we sacrifice our emotions and our individual identities for the sake of the "hive", we are already dead. If I had to choose whether humanity should choose that way or simply go distinct, I would choose distinction. Why live in peace if we have lost the ability to enjoy the peace?

ah..'equilibrium' within the individual (due to pressures that promote conformity). Emotions and passion facilitate the expression and enrichment of our unique perspectives. I agree that there is so much more to be gained (within and between individuals) when we embrace our differences, emotions, the uniqueness of our perspectives, and choose to embrace the authentic beauty of ourselves (and others).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29905576
United States
12/14/2012 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! This really is insane!

Sad? Not normal.
Happy? Not normal.
Excited? Not normal.
Something has you worried or scared? Not normal.
Stressful times? Not normal.
A little leary of your government? Then you definately are mental and should seek psychiatric help asap!

In their eyes, Feelings = mental disorder......you are not normal and need medication!
Like the article from Natural News says....
According to psychiatry, the only way to be normal is to be an emotionless zombie!

The only thing that is normal is zombie shopping.....SHOP TIL YOU DROP...bitches.
Anonymous Coward
Croatia
12/14/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

ah..'equilibrium' within the individual (due to pressures that promote conformity). Emotions and passion facilitate the expression and enrichment of our unique perspectives. I agree that there is so much more to be gained (within and between individuals) when we embrace our differences, emotions, the uniqueness of our perspectives, and choose to embrace the authentic beauty of ourselves (and others).

I love your way of explaining, I was talking about the movie "equilibrium" but, I think, you brought it to the point very well hf
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/14/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I love your way of explaining, I was talking about the movie "equilibrium" but, I think, you brought it to the point very well hf

Ha! I hadn't heard of that movie, but just checked out the synopsis and trailer, and am going to watch it tonight.
Thanks for the great reference! hf

[link to www.imdb.com]
Nika  (OP)

User ID: 29978992
United States
12/15/2012 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fruit also has weird jokes inbetween and i think its sand spreading but its so dumb that nobody may join there take off stealing with someone elses there idea + getting rid of those also ?

Mlmlh and fuck you
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29865683

que?

GLP