Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,234 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 519,166
Pageviews Today: 856,822Threads Today: 289Posts Today: 4,889
10:11 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

For all you who want to ban guns because Americans are so violent..

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29869072
United States
12/14/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: For all you who want to ban guns because Americans are so violent..
Imagine how many of those 22 injured kids would have been dead if it had been a gun.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29769646

Oh, then swords and knifes are OK now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1478709
United States
12/14/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Stop distracting from the real issue. Americans cannot be trusted with guns. Now definitively proven. Gun owners are a different breed. I've met them. They have an evil lust in their eyes when discussing guns.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29868747

Then we can't be trusted with our vehicles either..More people die from drunk drivers then guns..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21134811
United States
Report Abusive Post
Stop distracting from the real issue. Americans cannot be trusted with guns. Now definitively proven. Gun owners are a different breed. I've met them. They have an evil lust in their eyes when discussing guns.

Number of gun owners in the U.S.: 70-80 million (2010, [link to www.justfacts.com]

Is the number of Americans committing these crimes anywhere near that number? wtf

Piss off about our Rights!

Just keep making that wonderful dark brew that you do, please. cheers
C3r371c

User ID: 28838155
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
I'm so tired of this. If I go into a busy supermarket on a Saturday and start slashing at people with a knife, what for you reckon my kill count would me before I got taken down? Compare that to me walking in with two guns. I mean c'mon, ITS FUCKING SIMPLE! Two guys get into a fight. In the US there's a huge chance of guns being drawn, bystanders being hurt or killed. Here, its just two guys hitting eàch other til their freinds split it up.

I totally understand you want the right to defend yourselves, but when you start spouting shit about "guns don't kill people" you are talking absolute shit.
 Quoting: ming

How many people do you think would die if a psycho went into a class room with a chainsaw or 2 and 2 machetes locked the door and started cutting away. Your argument doesnt hold water.
 Quoting: Captaininyourface 29885874

It's quite hard to conceal a chainsaw though...
Molech
User ID: 27002649
United States
12/14/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's all a plot to have a reason to ban firearms. They are scaring people by staging shootings in places that people frequent...schools, malls, and theaters. Strange coincidence that none of these shooters have any kind of criminal history. By doing it this way, they can blame firearms instead of the usual socioeconomic bullshit they tend to spew. Funny how all these shootings and fiscal bullshit coincide with a certain date popularized by a Mayan calender that was in possession and deciphered almost 200 years ago...I wonder what their grand finally will be...probably some huge sports event.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've often said this, unless you're going to ban knives, kitch knives, axes, saws, swords, fire, certain chemicals, fireworks, teaching people martial arts, or teaching people how to fight.

We should all just be wrapped in bubble wrap in round rooms.

Hell you can even lock people in prison with access to nothing, and they still come up with weapons, drugs, etc.

Banning guns will ensure one thing, and that is that no one will be able to fight back and the only people left with the guns and total power will be Government, who now look like military.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29706176

why have a ban on anything then? Why stop at guns? Why not cars with turret mounted machine guns? Or why not allow open carry grenade launchers? Or how about Ninja swords?

Your argument and pro gun arguments are so stupid. You take a position as if that is the correct position and then work your logic from there.

If you're silly constitution which is NOW, just a goddamned piece of paper, was written earlier you would make the same argument about bows and arrows and open carrying your bow. If it was done later, you would scream that it was your right to have napalm and grenades for your own safety.

The problem with all you gun tards is that you take a position that happened by chance and argue as if it is the be all and end all, and then you IGNORE the facts of the world that prove time and again, that carrying does not make a safer country.

Keep your straw men at home, and use them for target practice.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21427624

Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot send their love. putinkim
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1478709
United States
12/14/2012 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama just said there will be gun control now. He mentioned all the shootings lately.

Said "Gun Control" without the politics!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1113183

Obama can try all he wants..Taking peoples guns is one war he will not win..
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's quite hard to conceal a chainsaw though...

Where there's a will, there's a body cavity.butt
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
12/14/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Number of gun owners in the U.S.: 70-80 million (2010, [link to www.justfacts.com]

Is the number of Americans committing these crimes anywhere near that number? wtf

Piss off about our Rights!

Just keep making that wonderful dark brew that you do, please. cheers
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21134811

i can't stand these self-righteous bustards who come running here with the damn lectures. their own countries are being swallowed with violence and yet all they see is the speck in our eye while ignoring the plank in their own.

the british are the worst, closely followed by the canadians and the australians. bash
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
12/14/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
a friend of mine was murdered. her assailant hit her from behind with his car as she was out running. then he dragged her into the woods and rape and strangled her. what should we do outlaw, cars, hands or penises?
Christian Fighter

User ID: 29781357
Brazil
12/14/2012 04:13 PM

Report Abusive Post
A person who supports gun control is a complete idiot!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29769646
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Imagine how many of those 22 injured kids would have been dead if it had been a gun.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29769646

Oh, then swords and knifes are OK now.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29869072

Hey look if you can't understand reason then you seriously shouldn't be around firearms.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29037935
United States
12/14/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obviously, they need to ban knives. I bet if the gubmint just lobotomized everyone the world would be a safer place to live.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 961432

Exactly. It will never be prevented until we're all exterminated or we're all 100% mind controlled.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29769646
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
A person who supports gun control is a complete idiot!
 Quoting: Christian Fighter

So is one who tries to gloss over the murder of children as a bump in the road.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
12/14/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^ The Ultimate Moran ^^^
C3r371c

United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rather swords than guns... takes skill to use a sword properly... would make these gang fights a lot more interesting. Lots of buckles getting swashed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29868834
Finland
12/14/2012 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29868432
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

[link to www.courant.com]
 Quoting: mathetes

...and NONE of them was killed...because he didn't have a gun!!!

Point nicely proved!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7658851
United States
12/14/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
i imagine all weapons are abolished on planet earth...

soak in that vision...

feels so good:)
 Quoting: Sundara

Impossible...
get rid of explosives & guns they will just use knives, forks & spoons. not to mention cars bikes.. anything can be used as a weapon. even your own body. Banning weapons in not an answer but would only increase crimes because criminals will always have access to guns. think about if states had open carry laws. most everyone would be armed and criminals would think twice. concealed carry is also a deterrent.
But regardless of opinions about guns there will always be violent crimes.
What needs to happen is government bodies need to pass legislation to severely punish criminals with a take no bull attitude. get away from being so PC. start executing violent offenders as they are convicted and proven guilty.
InfiniteTopHat

User ID: 1723760
United States
12/14/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

I have firearms, and thankfully I've never been forced to fire upon someone. Just because I own firearms doesn't mean I want to go out and mow people down at the mall. Even if it meant saving my life I still don't agree with killing others. Yes I would kill to save my life or the lives of friends and family, yet that does not mean that I would enjoy doing so.
Sneetch

User ID: 14967850
United States
12/14/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

[link to www.courant.com]
 Quoting: mathetes

...and NONE of them was killed...because he didn't have a gun!!!

Point nicely proved!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29868432

And yet 22 people were wounded because they didn't defend themselves.
We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?
Dervish

User ID: 3461132
Hong Kong
12/14/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
a friend of mine was murdered. her assailant hit her from behind with his car as she was out running. then he dragged her into the woods and rape and strangled her. what should we do outlaw, cars, hands or penises?
 Quoting: davvi

That one is next on the LIST.
J/K but it wouldnt surprise me.

The goal of the entire gun control lobby is to make you ineffectual,unable to respond or react,complacent and helpless
with regards to bad brother and big brother.
here are a few cases that the gun saved a victim..
[link to www.cato.org]

from this link:
[link to civilliberty.about.com]

we get this quote..
Kleck released a study in 1993 showing that guns are used in defense of crime 2.5 million times each year, an average of once every 13 seconds. Kleck’s survey concluded that guns are used in defense of crime three-to-four times more often than they’re used in the commission of a crime....

Now I feel very bad for the victims of violent crime.
Those who want gun control must really be monsters to want to create so many more victims.

My sincere sympathies to the victims and families of violent crime,and the school shooting today. We Must Never Allow Our Ability To Defend Ourselves Or Our Loved Ones To Be Taken Away.If that happens,we truly become sheep in a world of wolves.
I know enough to know that I know nothing
Libra II
User ID: 1001450
Denmark
12/14/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think they should ban guns, I just think they should only make ones that backfire and blow peoples fucking hands off.
 Quoting: Libra II 1001450

I hope you get ass raped by some criminal and nobody hears your crys for help, bitch!
 Quoting: Captaininyourface 29885874

Is that why you walk around with a gun?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29862513
United States
12/14/2012 04:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Murderers of the innocent........your destiny: billions and billions and trillions of years of torment in hell........and then some.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
12/14/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are very few problems from licensed concealed carry holders. 99% of the problems are from people who don't have the license.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
12/14/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many people were killed in car wrecks today? 50? 100? My god! Confiscate cars!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21993077
United States
12/14/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

retarded,,,,,
Nyarlathotep

User ID: 20053617
United States
12/14/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll just leave this right here:

or maybe this:

Nyarlathotep

User ID: 20053617
United States
12/14/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

retarded,,,,,
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21993077

I know quite a few as well and they are very upstanding individuals. Instead of evil lust, how about a passion for guns? They are still tools like anything else. They are used to hunt wild game, scare off would be attackers, protect ones self and maybe save someone elses life one day.

We can sit here all day and debate whether disarming the world would or wouldn't make it a better place but the pure and simple fact is... You can't take weapons from people that don't give a flying fuck about the law anyways.

Here is a scenario... let us pretend that the pretend state of Antiguntopia is gun controlled. No citizens are allowed to own a firearm outside of designated hunting grounds. Now Joe the 80 year old gunsmith and now factory worker decides to start gathering materials to make a weapon under the nose of the people. The police force has dwindled because of the lack of need to protrol a gun free state.

Now that Joe finally has the materials and has started production hidden away in a small basement, he decides to get even with his factory and the town he lives in. He goes in armed to the teeth and kills 30 workers as well as two of the police that arrive on the scene. This town hardly has a police force as it is due to budget cuts and, again, gun control. Now this force of destruction is free to do his bidding.

That is just one man. Think of an entire CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION. It happens all the time in other countries.

Please people... gun control is as bad as communism... great in theory but horrifically bad in practice. Humans just aren't that trustworthy a lot.
C3r371c

United Kingdom
12/14/2012 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many people were killed in car wrecks today? 50? 100? My god! Confiscate cars!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28870983

Intent.

GLP