Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,076 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 386,712
Pageviews Today: 641,811Threads Today: 216Posts Today: 3,963
08:43 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

You're an ASSHOLE if you're not considering homeschooling at this point.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29859286
United States
12/14/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
You're an ASSHOLE if you're not considering homeschooling at this point.
What the fuck is wrong with people who willingly put their kids in public school?

I would eat fucking DIRT in a cardboard box before my son sets one foot in a public school system.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24473407
United States
12/14/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: You're an ASSHOLE if you're not considering homeschooling at this point.
Your an a-hole if you believe the media.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your an a-hole if you believe the media.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24473407

And you're just an asshole.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29558518
United States
12/14/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're an ASSHOLE if you bring children into this world.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree.

It amazes me parents let their kids walk to school, sometimes a few hundred yards, alone, around traffic... or walk to a bus stop.

I would never let my kid leave my sight.
 Quoting: Super Bowl Dave

Unbelievable that schools aren't completely abandoned.

I don't get it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 723599
United States
12/14/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree.

It amazes me parents let their kids walk to school, sometimes a few hundred yards, alone, around traffic... or walk to a bus stop.

While I do send my kids to public school, I live in an all-white community, so I feel it's pretty safe. Even still, I don't let my kids walk or even ride the bus. I or my wife drop them off and pick them up every single day. And we don't let them play outside out of our sight either. They don't have the run of the neighborhood the way some kids we see do. I can't imagine letting them just ride off in the sunset to report back in a few hours. Even though that's how it was when I was a kid.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29816479
Canada
12/14/2012 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
...So, because I don't have any kids, I'm an asshole?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29150242
United States
12/14/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Although I agree as to your reasoning, is anybody thinking of long term implications? If you think about it, we're going to have a generation who will be so socially fucked up that that alone might breed killing machines.

We are losing our social skills ever since electronic communications crept into our lives.
We're teaching children not even to touch another (germs). There's hardly anymore eye contact because they're too busy fussin' with their iPhones while walking, jogging, shopping, sunbathing, driving or waiting for a bus.

So what will happen if we restrict this generation from interacting with one another during their formative years by keeping them home? We're going to have a generation of human robots.

I don't profess to know the answer but I can see the future ramifications and the future is looking more and more frightening with each passing day though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29795501
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Half the parents of chilren are too stupid to school their own kids. No child left behinders are preggos now.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Half the parents of chilren are too stupid to school their own kids. No child left behinders are preggos now.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29795501

Even uneducated morons teaching their kids at home is better than letting the state raise them for the first 13 years of their lives.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Every one of those 1 star votes is a parent.

Mirrors suck.

Yes, you're an asshole.
notgonna

User ID: 17476059
United States
12/14/2012 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Although I agree as to your reasoning, is anybody thinking of long term implications? If you think about it, we're going to have a generation who will be so socially fucked up that that alone might breed killing machines.

We are losing our social skills ever since electronic communications crept into our lives.
We're teaching children not even to touch another (germs). There's hardly anymore eye contact because they're too busy fussin' with their iPhones while walking, jogging, shopping, sunbathing, driving or waiting for a bus.

So what will happen if we restrict this generation from interacting with one another during their formative years by keeping them home? We're going to have a generation of human robots.

I don't profess to know the answer but I can see the future ramifications and the future is looking more and more frightening with each passing day though.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29150242

False BS... The impression society has that homeschoolers are socially awkward, loner, weirdos is driven by media and government hell bent on getting their hands on your kids and indoctrinating them to the new agenda.

I know LOTS of homeschooled kids...

I would take 10 homeschooled kids for every 1 from public or 5 from private. They are often self-secure, polite, controlled, well mannered kind, smart, engaging, mature etc... I would take those characteristics any day over the clones the public schools spit out...

Stop spreading non sense...

Last Edited by julesvm on 12/14/2012 04:56 PM
Mad Pole

User ID: 20676524
United States
12/14/2012 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree.

While I do send my kids to public school, I live in an all-white community, so I feel it's pretty safe. Even still, I don't let my kids walk or even ride the bus. I or my wife drop them off and pick them up every single day. And we don't let them play outside out of our sight either. They don't have the run of the neighborhood the way some kids we see do. I can't imagine letting them just ride off in the sunset to report back in a few hour. Even though that's how it was when I was a kid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 723599

Aren't most child abductions by white people. Black low lifes are known to group in gangs and do petty crimes but its the whites that harm the childern.

I am confused how you feel safe.
Mommas youngest getting paper like the oldest one.. We living better guess God felt he owed us one.

-------------------

i was born a sweet lil babi but them staven streets raized me up crazy

--------------------

I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday 22% Tuesday 26% Wednesday 35% Thursday 4% Friday
Mad Pole

User ID: 20676524
United States
12/14/2012 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Even uneducated morons teaching their kids at home is better than letting the state raise them for the first 13 years of their lives.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29859286

My sister homeshcooled her children. They are insanely smart and well educated. They had no problems scoring high enough to get into the best colleges.

One is attending Duke for a law degree.

Go figure.
Mommas youngest getting paper like the oldest one.. We living better guess God felt he owed us one.

-------------------

i was born a sweet lil babi but them staven streets raized me up crazy

--------------------

I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday 22% Tuesday 26% Wednesday 35% Thursday 4% Friday
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29134382
United States
12/14/2012 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're an ASSHOLE if you bring children into this world.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29558518
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29134382
United States
12/14/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

My sister homeshcooled her children. They are insanely smart and well educated. They had no problems scoring high enough to get into the best colleges.

One is attending Duke for a law degree.

Go figure.
 Quoting: Mad Pole

This is because they had an actual education and could concentrate and not interrupted by
sex
drugs

and that horrid stuff they call music

No bullies to contend with either
notgonna

User ID: 17476059
United States
12/14/2012 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree.

While I do send my kids to public school, I live in an all-white community, so I feel it's pretty safe. Even still, I don't let my kids walk or even ride the bus. I or my wife drop them off and pick them up every single day. And we don't let them play outside out of our sight either. They don't have the run of the neighborhood the way some kids we see do. I can't imagine letting them just ride off in the sunset to report back in a few hours. Even though that's how it was when I was a kid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 723599

Racist much? Your thought process doesn't really link up so I am thinking you're a troll trying to steer the opinion... Go troll elsewhere...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7570540
United States
12/14/2012 05:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
You have good public schools and bad ones, good private schools and bad ones, good home schools and bad ones. If you get right down to it, most parents aren't really equipped to teach upper-level classes to their children. Heck, I know a lot who couldn't even teach them elementary math. The type of schooling your children get is decided based on a family's lifestyle and resources. It doesn't mean one way is necessarily better or worse than the other. It certainly doesn't mean a parent is an asshole.

Parents cannot always keep an eye on their kids 100% of the time - if you try, you will cripple them. They will put themselves in dangerous situations - not realizing they are in danger. Even when not put in a dangerous situation, freak accidents can happen.

BTW, I sent my kids to elite public schools (i.e. white upper middle class). Both now attend upper level colleges majoring in engineering fields. That was the right decision for them - especially because they were always at the top of their class and in gifted programs. If I had a child who was a slow learner or just a little "different" or sickly, I would have home-schooled. It all just depends on the situation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21202252
United States
12/14/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
What the fuck is wrong with people who willingly put their kids in public school?

I would eat fucking DIRT in a cardboard box before my son sets one foot in a public school system.

You are right. Children should be home schooled and all schools banned as dangerous to children's health (done only partly with tongue in cheek).

hf
Anonymous Coward
12/14/2012 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude I know...

I was homeschooled also, the entirety of my school years.

I would ABSOLUTELY NEVER let my child out of my sight in today's world.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

False BS... The impression society has that homeschoolers are socially awkward, loner, weirdos is driven by media and government hell bent on getting their hands on your kids and indoctrinating them to the new agenda.

I would take 10 homeschooled kids for every 1 from public or 5 from private. They are often self-secure, polite, controlled, well mannered kind, smart, engaging, mature etc... I would take those characteristics any day over the clones the public schools spit out...

Quoting: notgonna

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7570540
United States
12/14/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude I know...

Quoting: Mister Obvious

I disagree. The best way to keeps kids safe is to teach them to take care of themselves and to know about danger and to be aware of such situations. If you smother your child, you will cripple his development.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29902002
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude I know...

Thats OK, TV, Video games, religous institutions and you can brainwash them the true zionist way. Doesn't make a god damned difference, eh?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28100246
United States
12/14/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1 mom and her 4 homeschooled kids, who watched it unfold from the safety of our own, armed home
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20648471
Australia
12/14/2012 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

you must be one of those useless fat fuck parent who can't be bothered getting out of bed to take your kids to school?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20648471
Australia
12/14/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude I know...

cruise

and you're a classless slag with no life.
homeschool FTW
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21963969
United States
12/14/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I send my child to private school and I can't afford to.

I do not believe guns should be taken away from law abiding citizens.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28100246
United States
12/14/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: notgonna

Which is why I will give up teaching my Sunday School class in August, when my majority home-schooled class graduates and the incoming class is all public schoolers. My public school SS students can't be quiet or sit still for 45 minutes once a week while I try to teach them anything, and if I try to use more 'animated' teaching methods they get worked up into such a frenzy they can't calm down again to switch activities.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dude I know...

cruise

and you're a classless slag with no life.
homeschool FTW
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20648471

resist

dick
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 825890
Canada
12/14/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree.

The world has changed. When I was a kid we went everywhere, Our parents didn't see us unless we showed up for food. Gone all day riding bicycles everywhere.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/14/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1 mom and her 4 homeschooled kids, who watched it unfold from the safety of our own, armed home
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28100246

I like it. ohyeah

GLP