Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,233 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 446,919
Pageviews Today: 721,034Threads Today: 246Posts Today: 3,793
08:50 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The Bible says "test the spirit". Well I tested Jesus and he failed BIG TIME.

Doom-Tard
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 26391530
United States
12/14/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The Bible says "test the spirit". Well I tested Jesus and he failed BIG TIME.
I have prayed lots of times and NOTHING ever came of it.
Jesus, you ain't doing your job.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29868287
Belgium
12/14/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The Bible says "test the spirit". Well I tested Jesus and he failed BIG TIME.
you haven't learnd shit about the bible
christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
12/14/2012 03:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: The Bible says "test the spirit". Well I tested Jesus and he failed BIG TIME.
Who's Will did you pray for?
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
you haven't learnd shit about the bible
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29868287

Spell check Bitch
notgonna

User ID: 17476059
United States
12/14/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Doom-Tard

Listen I've got bigger fish to fry today but I feel compassion for your situation...

Just know it sounds like from your post you don't understand about testing the Spirit or prayer (different things)...

Study, study some more, lean into faith, examine, love - then report back.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: christian

It never seems to matter. Ask any one that is suffering if they have ever prayed for help. Sometimes they get it some times they don't. Go ahead, try it. Then be brave enough to come back and tell what happened.
Life and Love

User ID: 26735250
United States
12/14/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

It never seems to matter. Ask any one that is suffering if they have ever prayed for help. Sometimes they get it some times they don't. Go ahead, try it. Then be brave enough to come back and tell what happened.

There have been two prayer threads for healing on GLP over the past week or two, and in both cases the requested healing occurred.

Having said that, we shouldn't be surprised when God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to. (That would be trying to 'control' God, as if that were possible.)

The question to ask isn't, "Why didn't God answer my prayer the way I wanted Him to?"

The question to ask is, "Will you follow a God who does not live up to your expectations?"
We become like that to which we are devoted. - Choose wisely.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21160675
United States
12/14/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
God will give you want you need, not what you want. That's why the Lord's Prayer is for "daily bread" and "thy will be done." You have the moment and nothing more.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just know it sounds like from your post you don't understand about testing the Spirit or prayer (different things)...

Quoting: notgonna

The problem is I do understand. Jesus has spoken "keep on suffering" enough said.
ParadigmShift

User ID: 29318346
United States
12/14/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Humility might help.
Life and Love

United States
12/14/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

The problem is I do understand. Jesus has spoken "keep on suffering" enough said.

Yes, that is a legitimate answer to prayer. You will find examples of it throughout scripture.

(If you want to know more, I'll post more.)

Last Edited by Life and Love on 12/14/2012 04:07 PM
Judethz

User ID: 20521597
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
God will give you want you need, not what you want. That's why the Lord's Prayer is for "daily bread" and "thy will be done." You have the moment and nothing more.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Luk 11:1 ¶ And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Luk 11:3 Give us day by day our daily bread.

Luk 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

There have been two prayer threads for healing on GLP over the past week or two, and in both cases the requested healing occurred.

Having said that, we shouldn't be surprised when God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to. (That would be trying to 'control' God, as if that were possible.)

The question to ask isn't, "Why didn't God answer my prayer the way I wanted Him to?"

The question to ask is, "Will you follow a God who does not live up to your expectations?"
 Quoting: Life and Love

You seem like a good person,so I will answer respectfully.
My question is "Will I follow a God when I have done what he has asked of me and still doesn't help"? My answer is "not anymore".
Life and Love

United States
12/14/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

My question is "Will I follow a God when I have done what he has asked of me and still doesn't help"? My answer is "not anymore".

That's a reasonable answer, OP. I've heard it many times.

But perhaps you will take 10 minutes to read this. It may broaden your perspective.

[link to www.gemacs.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13039567
United States
12/14/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh I'd bet he's praying for his own will.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post

Yes, that is a legitimate answer to prayer. You will find examples of it throughout scripture.

(If you want to know more, I'll post more.)

No thanks, you have answered my question.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17855319
Australia
Report Abusive Post

Thats what usually happens right before he was about to dump a lotto win on ya...but ya lost faith at the last second and told him to keep it..and..being a god who answers prayer..he says"Ok..I will"

Ya see..its all in the timing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26267702
United States
12/14/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh ye who have little faith.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh I'd bet he's praying for his own will.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13039567

Yes I was praying for my will.I was asking for help.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Crackerskill

I no longer have ANY faith.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19023838
United States
12/14/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
God moves and even though you can't see it immediately, he is helping you. All things work together for good.

Romans 8:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Life and Love

United States
12/14/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Crackerskill

I no longer have ANY faith.

OP, I would disagree. Sounds like you still have faith in yourself.
mathetes

User ID: 18119575
United States
12/14/2012 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well #1 you're taking this verse out of context

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1John 4

Nothing about getting what YOU want there OP
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Humility might help.
 Quoting: ParadigmShift

I'll take your advice, it seems that you are not going to use it.
Daniel of the Rose

User ID: 15114131
United States
12/14/2012 04:22 PM

Report Abusive Post

Listen I've got bigger fish to fry today but I feel compassion for your situation...

man thanks...i was thinking this....but didn't know how to express it without giving a big ole' sermon.

bookhugs
rainrosefaithtrue
Life and Love

United States
12/14/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Humility might help.

LOL applause
Doom-Tard  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well #1 you're taking this verse out of context

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1John 4

Nothing about getting what YOU want there OP
 Quoting: mathetes

How right you are! I wanted help, I didn't get it.
Daniel of the Rose

User ID: 15114131
United States
12/14/2012 04:25 PM

Report Abusive Post

Humility might help.

Then why ask man...when you're all anti- everything....
rainrosefaithtrue
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1139115
Canada
12/14/2012 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
will you forgive Him?
YourFatherInHeaven

User ID: 22982908
United States
12/14/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I never fail. Here I am on Earth.
In the beginning I created the Heavens and the Earth.
[link to www.photobucket.com]

The Lord, I am your God
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1457378
United States
12/14/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
FUGG AWF DAD!
s226

Jesus never said in the bible to ask him for spiritual favors, he said we are all sons and daughters of God and the kingdom is within you, pray harder.

GLP