Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,472 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 365,723
Pageviews Today: 574,315Threads Today: 216Posts Today: 3,516
06:24 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Both Israel and Thailand allow teachers to carry guns to protect their students. Why not here?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29896550
Australia
12/14/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Both Israel and Thailand allow teachers to carry guns to protect their students. Why not here?
What do y'all think?
 Quoting: TXGal4Truth

This idea is not just bordering on idiotic, its wholly provincial of it. We're a supposedly first world country, not a fucking stone age civilization you idiot. More guns is not an answer for gun violence. If you had a drug problem, would a solution be to give all of your friends drugs?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6850261

clappa

clappa

clappa

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16238324
Australia
12/14/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Both Israel and Thailand allow teachers to carry guns to protect their students. Why not here?

The mere presence of armed people would do a lot to prevent this kind of activity.

People who are deranged, or want to make a statement, do not go into a place where the second they draw a gun they could be confronted and subdued.

They go somewhere where it can be a shooting gallery, like a school.

We don't need super soldiers, we just need ADULTS. Living, breathing, functioning adults. People that are responsible. Not children playing pretend adults being scared of inanimate objects.

------

So, let me get this right.

Classroom teacher(s) armed with a concealed handgun would subdue a "deranged", motivated, trained and gun obsessed nut who is likely to have (because it's everyones right to own this cool stuff, duh) military standard body armour, loads of tank piercing ammunition and enough high calibre weapons to supply a small army.

Oh yeah, that will work...

Maybe arm the kids too.

We need more guns, for everyone, that's the answer :(
TXGal4Truth  (OP)

User ID: 26537891
United States
12/14/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

I think you are insane. Where in Bible does it say that teachers should carry guns? I think you should stick to the good book. Thanks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29316775

Is a sword better for ya ac? I do recall Christ saying something about buying a sword.

SMH
So have I now become your enemy for telling you the TRUTH? Galatians 4:16
You call me paranoid. I call you uninformed.

:tgdmwt:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22721955
United States
12/14/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16238324

The mere presence of armed people would do a lot to prevent this kind of activity.

People who are deranged, or want to make a statement, do not go into a place where the second they draw a gun they could be confronted and subdued.

We don't need super soldiers, we just need ADULTS. Living, breathing, functioning adults. People that are responsible. Not children playing pretend adults being scared of inanimate objects.

------

Classroom teacher(s) armed with a concealed handgun would subdue a "deranged", motivated, trained and gun obsessed nut who is likely to have (because it's everyones right to own this cool stuff, duh) military standard body armour, loads of tank piercing ammunition and enough high calibre weapons to supply a small army.

Maybe arm the kids too.

You sir are a fucking retard. These guys are using 9mms and at worst AR's. Most of them have no shooting expierence at all. Put me up against them with my concealed weapon in a small building like that and I will win every time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6850261
United States
12/14/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16238324

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22721955

------

Maybe arm the kids too.

You sir are a fucking retard. These guys are using 9mms and at worst AR's. Most of them have no shooting expierence at all. Put me up against them with my concealed weapon in a small building like that and I will win every time.

This isn't a movie there champ. I don't care who you think you are or how experienced you think you are, lobbing more gunfire in a chaotic situation like that will almost certainly end in more harm/death for others. Sit the fuck down.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 419795
United States
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

I think you are insane. Where in Bible does it say that teachers should carry guns? I think you should stick to the good book. Thanks.

Speaking of the "good book", Oklahoma's putting the 10 Commandments back up on the school walls, soon. We've been in a state of moral decline ever since they were removed, back in the mid-60's. That one about, "Thou shalt not kill", is more correctly intrepreted, "Thou shalt not MURDER". Murder implies intent, born in the depths of a depraved soul. It doesn't matter if it's a gun, a knife, a rock, a stick, or your bare hands. If the intent is there, the depraved soul will find a way to achieve its desired end. We don't need gun control--we need soul reform. And in the meantime, I'd take those armed school guards, and even armed teachers. But, here in the U.S., teachers won't go for it--the them-being-armed part, that is. Too bad.
ANNONYMOUS
User ID: 8415236
United States
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

This idea is not just bordering on idiotic, its wholly provincial of it. We're a supposedly first world country, not a fucking stone age civilization you idiot. More guns is not an answer for gun violence. If you had a drug problem, would a solution be to give all of your friends drugs?

5a

You and I see the problem somewhat differently. I think we have a people problem. I have never heard of any gun lieing on a flat surface UNMOLESTED suddenly going off and killing someone have you? I'm afraid I can't buy the spoiled apple in a barrel routine on this issue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29896550
Australia
12/14/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22721955

this is the problem with Americans.
some of ya'll are delusional thinking you're some hot cock cowboy in a western...

crazy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29898248
Sweden
Report Abusive Post
Why not have armed security personnel, at least two at every school?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29890248
Australia
Report Abusive Post
I would never send my child to a school where teachers can carry guns. Our teachers can't carry guns here either but we also don't need them to. Toughen up your gun laws & you will find there is a huge drop in gun crime simply because less people in the general population will be allowed to have them.
Debauchery

User ID: 15455863
United States
12/14/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
TX!!!

I missed you! hf
And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree than perhaps I should, so that other giraffes may die.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

5a

You and I see the problem somewhat differently. I think we have a people problem. I have never heard of any gun lieing on a flat surface UNMOLESTED suddenly going off and killing someone have you? I'm afraid I can't buy the spoiled apple in a barrel routine on this issue.
 Quoting: ANNONYMOUS 8415236

Sell guns as show pieces then, if all you want them to do is just lay there. No need to use them. Short of that, we need a serious talk about gun control in this country. This is 2 tragedies in about 2 weeks, its insane to keep ignoring this.

More tests for gun ownership. Deep background checks. Those seeking ownership must pass psych exams. Those wishing to own one must take a long and rigorous safety course. Put locks on guns so they can't be used by those who haven't registered them. GPS tracking. For those just hunting, promote renting rather than owning. All simple solutions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
12/14/2012 05:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Every once in awhile you'll see a sign that says" Concealed carry holders welcome in this store" And that's the safest place u can be. The places that ban firearms are the shooting galleries.....
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29898248

There were armed personnel at my school-let me tell you they would have been of no use. All they did was sit in the office and hit on the secretary. Badge doesn't change the breed.

Need a serious talk about gun control, not these weak ass 'patches' that don't deal with the problem at its root.
TXGal4Truth  (OP)

User ID: 27743498
United States
12/14/2012 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yep. Or 3 like the person from Israel mentioned earlier.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29859286
United States
12/14/2012 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Having only one set of doors open throughout the day and everybody who comes in is checked would work too.

This isn't that difficult of a problem to tackle.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Having only one set of doors open throughout the day and everybody who comes in is checked would work too.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29859286

Yet you've still stumbled upon the wrong solution...
TXGal4Truth  (OP)

User ID: 27743498
United States
12/14/2012 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
TX!!!

I missed you! hf
 Quoting: Debauchery

Hey girlie! I missed all of y'all, even the trolls!

;-)

Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I've read your "solution".

You're a knee jerk reaction idiot just like the anti second amendment jackasses.

Being a slave to your emotions must suck.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17444403
United States
12/14/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

School superintendents in the US typically earn between $250,000 to 1,000,000 a year, yet they can't afford guards at schools.

They got their priorities screwed up bad.

Why not have fathers volunteer to be armed and guard the schools? I would gladly defend my child's school, but of course i don't wear a gov clown suit so I can't be trusted.

More people should carry weapons, then criminals will be too afraid to commit these acts as there would always be someone to stop them.

Apparently everyone is too stupid to recognize that "gun free zones" are the only places this shit happens
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11391214
United States
12/14/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are an estimated 85+ million gun owners in the U.S. with an estimated 270+ million guns.

While it isn't any consolation to the family/friends of murder victims a fraction of 1% of the 270+ million firearms are used in committing murder every year...In 2011 8,583 murders were committed by firearms out of 12,664 murders. Guns might be the weapon of choice but they are not the cause.

Trying to punish or blame 85+ million gun owners for the acts of deranged people who murder isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Total Murders by year;

2006-15,087

2007-14,916

2008-14,224

2009-13,752

2010-12,996

2011-12,664

Total Murders by firearms

2006-10,225

2007-10,129

2008-9,528

2009-9,199

2010-8,775

2011-8,583

Number of NICS checks per year

2006-10,000,000

2007-11,000,000

2008-12,000,000

2009-14,000,000

2010-14,560,000

2011-15,142,400

I hate to confuse liberals with facts.

I'd be willing to Bet any liberal 1000.00 dollars that the inverse of these facts is real.

Less guns = more crime.
 Quoting: FatalW1shes

I see you bet a libtard. Do you accept ebt? That's the only way they pay.
Libra II
User ID: 1001450
Denmark
12/14/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

Is a sword better for ya ac? I do recall Christ saying something about buying a sword.

SMH

Did he mean it literally?
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're a knee jerk reaction idiot just like the anti second amendment jackasses.

I never proposed an outright banning of guns, jackass. Try to aim for comprehension next time. Let me reiterate since it was obviously lost on you: stricter controls are a good thing. Some news outlets have indicated that these guns weren't even his--a nice mechanism that disarmed the gun if its being used by an outside party would have been nice in this case, yes? God you right wingers are pathetic.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17444403
United States
12/14/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do y'all think?

5a

Quoting: ANNONYMOUS 8415236

Sell guns as show pieces then, if all you want them to do is just lay there. No need to use them. Short of that, we need a serious talk about gun control in this country. This is 2 tragedies in about 2 weeks, its insane to keep ignoring this.

More tests for gun ownership. Deep background checks. Those seeking ownership must pass psych exams. Those wishing to own one must take a long and rigorous safety course. Put locks on guns so they can't be used by those who haven't registered them. GPS tracking. For those just hunting, promote renting rather than owning. All simple solutions.

tell that horseshit to mexico..gun control means only criminals will have guns and there will be an unlimited kill zone as no one would ever be able to defend themselves.. You gun morons are too stupid to see the truth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29852632
United States
12/14/2012 05:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
why was the young man so disturbed to take life like that. that is where the problem began. guns were all around me when i grew up but you never heard of these things. so what the fuck is going on?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11391214
United States
12/14/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
why was the young man so disturbed to take life like that. that is where the problem began. guns were all around me when i grew up but you never heard of these things. so what the fuck is going on?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29852632

I blame it on the hip hop
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

I never proposed an outright banning of guns, jackass. Try to aim for comprehension next time. Let me reiterate since it was obviously lost on you: stricter controls are a good thing. Some news outlets have indicated that these guns weren't even his--a nice mechanism that disarmed the gun if its being used by an outside party would have been nice in this case, yes? God you right wingers are pathetic.

I never said you did. I simply compared your knee jerk reaction to theirs.

See? There you go letting your emotions rule your comments and your life again.

It must suck.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29852632

School shootings have been a problem throughout history:
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Theres a common theme and you're right on one of them--deranged individuals, and the other one is guns. We can control both, this is not a one or the other situation. More mental health services for those in need and stricter gun controls to keep these weapons out of the hands of those that simply cannot be trusted.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

I never said you did. I simply compared your knee jerk reaction to theirs.

See? There you go letting your emotions rule your comments and your life again.

It must suck.

Don't try to play the semantics game, I'm smarter than you. You likened me to "the anti second amendment jackasses."
Little Miss Sunshine

User ID: 27414859
United States
12/14/2012 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
THANK YOU!!! Thats EXACTLY what I said earlier! The former FBI LT. on the news said quote " Many cities do have an officer thats assigned to the schools BUT THEY CANT STAY ALL DAY due to the fact that they inly have between 8-15 cops in the cities due to budget cuts!!!!
Israel has the safest airlines in the world... The US could take a few lessons from them!!! YOU HEAR THAT BARRY!!!???...

GLP