Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,806 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 52,672
Pageviews Today: 102,210Threads Today: 46Posts Today: 766
01:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What is wrong in the US that school shooting are common ??

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 27827860
France
12/14/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What is wrong in the US that school shooting are common ??
Where is God the people say - how could He allow those things to happen at Columbine, Santee, and Alabama??

Here's a letter to God by a student who wonders about these recent events too...

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children in Littleton, Colorado and Santee, California?

Sincerely,

Signed,

Concerned Student

Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2849260

whaa, whaa, whaa. so what you are saying is, that if god were allowed in schools, lets go as far as to say that morning prayers were held every day, that these events wouldn't have happened? Bah.
 Quoting: NawtyBits

Definitely! The shooter was at one time a student in a school. Years ago, the 10 Commandments were posted and children were taught to abide by them.

Nowadays, children are taught there is no God and are encouraged to do what feels good to them. There are NO absolute wrongs anymore, at least not being taught to the kids.

So what do you do when you get upset with a schoolmate or a teacher? What makes you feel good? If you feel like blowing them away, well, why not? There's no God. There's no hell. The worst thing that could happen would be getting caught.

And I don't have to remind you how messed up our criminal system is. In many states, there's no death penalty. Oftentimes, murderers even get released a few years down the road when the professionals feel they have been reformed.

[link to articles.nydailynews.com]

And then there's this story

A man who stole a piece of pizza last summer has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison

Read more: [link to www.sfgate.com]

At least God's laws are just!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2849260

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28606251
United States
Report Abusive Post
steaming pile of crap!!!

have you all lost all critical thinking skills?

school shootings are NOT common!

this thread is a PSY OP!

12 examples since 1966 ... that's 46 years

50,000 schools having ~ 200 class days per year = ~ 1,000,000 days of school since 1966 = 0.000012%

cupofjoe
 Quoting: Ima Pseudonym

If there is a school shooting, in the west, it is in the US.

There is school violance here, but no massacres.

School massacers are a phenomenom of the US, in its frequency and toll.
 Quoting: ^àTOn^

that does not make them common
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25880986
Canada
Report Abusive Post
So, there is no violence in France?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26818870

Thats a different question.

Enlighten us .riot starters.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28671337
United States
12/14/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
... shooters' family life is usually in SHAMBLES ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25880986
Canada
12/14/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
what about the case in China today ,what about the guy who killed all them schoolkids in the UK..it goes on everywhere not just the states.do some research...the u.s has a bigger news network worldwide then any other country..the world is fascinated by the west media..look into your own countries atrocities before codemning one nation..sure they got guns..take it up with one of them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
12/14/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Imprisoned students. No guns for protection. A baited field.

And if you want to get anything nefarious passed in this country you have to do it for "The CHILDREN". Then bait and switch it.,

User ID: 28805159
United States
12/14/2012 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
First August 1966: A deranged sniper kills at the University of Texas at Austin 16 people before being shot dead by police.

He had a Baseball sized tumor in his brain found at his autopy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21202252
United States
12/14/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
The courts took the bible out of the public schools in the 60's. It's been all down hill ever since.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14093935

applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Well said! That is when the disrespect for parents, teachers, authorities and other people's property all started. It opened the floodgate for changing everything including taking the Pledge of Allegiance out of school! Over the decades TPTB have been "socially engineering" the behavior of our children. Now you see the ultimate payoff for them ... kids who do not care for their own lives or the lives of others.

verysad

The only hope is that 12/21/12 is real and puts an end to all the evil in this country.

verysadohno
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 29656734
United States
12/14/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Easy pickings for cowards.
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 27827860
France
12/14/2012 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lots of questions and grammar correction (thanks I always learn), but two question remain:

Why does it happen, that people shoot in schools on people ?
Why do those kids do that ?

I proposed some answers, they are not perfect, but it is a question your society needs to ask and discuss.

No more and no less.
Good nite. *
^àTOn^
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29854800
Australia
12/14/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shootings are very common everyone. US is not special.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Not here...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17444403
United States
12/14/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
First August 1966: A deranged sniper kills at the University of Texas at Austin 16 people before being shot dead by police.

18th July 1984: In a McDonald's restaurant in San Ysidro, an unemployed security guard opens fire. 21 people die.

16th October 1991: A man resting with his pick-up truck through the front window of a restaurant in Killeen, Texas. Then he fires there over and kills 22 people. The perpetrator directed himself shot in the head.

20th April 1999: At Columbine in Littleton, Colorado shoot two black-clad and masked youths twelve classmates and a teacher. Then they commit suicide.

29th July 1999: A 44-year-old punter kills in Atlanta, Georgia, his two children and his wife. He then opened fire in two brokerage offices, killing nine people before he judges himself.

21st March 2005: In Red Lake, Minnesota, a teenager in a school based on a massacre and then commits suicide. Nine people died, including five students and a teacher. Previously, the students had killed his grandfather and his partner.

Second October 2006: A gunman enters the village school in Nickle Mines in Pennsylvania and killed five girls there, the religious community of the Amish. After the fact, does the 32-year life.

16th April 2007: In the far bloodiest rampage at a U.S. university die at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg at least 33 people, including the perpetrator.

24th December 2008: A gunman in Santa suit kills on a Christmas fire in Covina, on the outskirts of Los Angeles, nine guests and commits suicide.

10th March 2009: In the U.S. southern state of Alabama a gunman shoots at several different crime scenes at least ten people before killing himself.

Third April 2009: In the city of Binghamton, New York, a man from Vietnam shoots in a center for immigrants 13 people.

5th November 2009: A military psychiatrist opens in a U.S. military base in Texas, the fire and solves the biggest gunfight in on U.S. Army property. The man of Palestinian origin killed 13 people and injured 42 more before he can be overpowered.

Columbine
Blacksburg
Aurora
Newtown

Whats wrong ??

Dipshit...this is happening all over the world
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22621726
Australia
12/14/2012 08:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shootings are very common everyone. US is not special.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21160675

Not here...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29854800

We have had tight gun controls here. Gun amnesties have had good success. Of course we have had mass shootings, a terrible massacre in Tasmania, the most recent in memory. I have never heard of a school shooting in Australia.

I am sure it has happened in other countries besides the US but all the ones I recall have been in America. Everytime a US school shooting is reported here I just cringe because it's so detailed that I worry about copycat shootings. We follow the US on so many things.

If I wanted a gun (which I do not) I would not know where to go to get one. The majority of Australians don't carry guns and we have not been taken over or murdered.
My prayers go to the families of these innocent kids, massive tradgedy. I have turned off my radio because it's being reported here constantly, my 7 yr old does not need to hear about small kids being killed at school.

I can't shake the feeling that there is an agenda in place though. I find it challenging to believe that anyone could do this to push through a political agenda, it's so inhumane.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29895794
United States
12/14/2012 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
main reason usa does not ban assault weapon since 1960 30 states have had mass shootings all those states do not have an assault rifle ban. sad thing is all three guns were registered to the shooters mother

GLP