User ID: 1550123
United States
12/14/2012 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ban video games first
Were training or brainwashing our youth
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25594339

The thought of first-person shooter games where youth can simulate shooting sprees does come to mind when you see these massacres.

But there is the argument: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

My riposte to that is "No gun, no shooting."
 Quoting: The Tauremini

we have always had violence. it may be that these games are making it worse since young kids are playing them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23290196
United States
Report Abusive Post

I agree with your comment. We are spiritual beings and whatever we feed into our souls will eventually manifest itself.
TheSeventhGate

User ID: 29823561
Ireland
Report Abusive Post
putin
The pawns are in place, the stage is set. The question is, are you ready?

Righteous anger and Zeal does not equate to hate,pride or arrogance and are fully justified.

Soon, all the slaves will be released, for the Jubilee approaches.

Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands. Isaiah 42:12

And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins. Genesis 35:11 America(Maneesah), Britain(Ephraim) and the Prophesied Common-Wealth(Company of nations)

Saul/Paul, the false Apostle.
[link to www.judaismvschristianity.com]
[link to www.jesuswordsonly.com]

The transplanted Throne of King David to Ireland,Scotland, and England fulfilling Ezekiel 21:25-27 Prophecy.
[link to www.henrymakow.com]
[link to www.giveshare.org]

The "Lost" Ten Tribes of Israel...Found!
[link to stevenmcollins.com]

Proof that the Law of Moses is still in effect.
[link to www.biblegateway.com]
[link to www.biblegateway.com] 777
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26125917
United States
Report Abusive Post
I posted it in another thread, but I'm going to re-post it here, because I see it as truth.

It's always typical to blame externals as being the cause of something. That's always been the case...people looking for some sort of scapegoat instead of laying blame directly at the feet of those responsible.

Music gets blamed.
Movies get blamed.
TV shows get blamed.
Guns get blamed.
Video games get blamed.

So on and so forth.
Jackie Howe
User ID: 29848411
Australia
12/14/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, the parents are doing that.

Kids are turning to drugs/video games etc, because no one gives a shit about them.

I see it at work when a teen comes out to help us. You talk to him/her for 2-3 mins and they light up and want to hang around you and talk more.
sunspotkiller

User ID: 1332188
United States
Report Abusive Post

Explain all the wars and killing before Video Games?
 Quoting: sunspotkiller

wars have nothing to do with this.

i think the OP and Trin are spot on with this.

a pattern is developing and it is obvious.
 Quoting: Oyster

Why don't you take away the media then. All it does is gives crazy people ideas. I think that has more of an effect than Video Games.
sunspotkiller

When you judge someone else, It doesn't define who they are, It defines who you are. Be love!

“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29556350
Russia
Report Abusive Post
90% of murders, rapes and violence comes from males, JUST CUT OFF THOSE DAMN BALLS AND PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!11
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20648471
Australia
12/14/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
you people wanting games to be banned are totally irresponsible and disconnected of reality,

Quoting: Zeff

cruise

seriously... the fucking post of the day award.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16550076
Australia
Report Abusive Post

Thats RIGHT!

They WANT their doom...they NEED to kill and KILL and KILL AGAIN.

Given the chance...all those who SAY they would not actually DO it in real life..well..when they see society going nuts..and they have a gun..SUDDENLY..every trick they learnt in those games will come flooding back..and the SAME cold unfeeling way they pulled of headshots in the game will be played out in real life..except...there are NO respawn points in real life..and no powerups..medkits..or upgrades.

They will kill and kill..like they do in the games.

And if they are good enough they might even get a "MONSTER KILL" before their turn to be gibbed comes up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16550076
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27504938
United States
Report Abusive Post
I always wondered why this generation of games is so heavily focused on war and killing and HD violence. How many Call of Duty clones are out there? I don't care for them at all and don't understand the appeal.
sunspotkiller

User ID: 1332188
United States
12/14/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I always wondered why this generation of games is so heavily focused on war and killing and HD violence. How many Call of Duty clones are out there? I don't care for them at all and don't understand the appeal.
 Quoting: black calx

I don't understand why people like to make scrapbooks and knit but you don't see me trying to get those things banned.
sunspotkiller

When you judge someone else, It doesn't define who they are, It defines who you are. Be love!

“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12066736
United States
12/14/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why don't you take away the media then. All it does is gives crazy people ideas. I think that has more of an effect than Video Games.

Also a great idea.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

I don't understand why people like to make scrapbooks and knit but you don't see me trying to get those things banned.

Did I say I wanted them banned?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17177488
United States
12/14/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

The market is now in the same state as Hollywood- it's headed and "led" by shareholders with no sense of creativity behind "Hire some guys to get the CoD audience", with the occasional independent area (e.g. Valve Software) that actually does good things amidst a sea of Mtn Dew ads, screaming 12 year olds, hipsters who think they're gamers because of Mineycrafta, and the latest in brown and bloom wubstep shooters.

It's amazing to think how varied things were six years ago.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29901013
United States
12/14/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

i wouldnt argue against that.

the sales tactics displayed today by the MSM are disgusting.

and to be clear...i am not saying ALL video games should be banned and i dont think the OP is either. but we should take a look at games who's sole purpose is realistic killing with no other goals or motives. i am not talking about wizards and sword play.

this is coming from a gamer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29412599
United States
12/14/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Article from 8AM this morning!

[link to www.wired.com]
10 Things Parents Should Know About Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

2. War games are supposed to be violent!

Yes, and I am not judging this one as being too violent. Just that it is really about as violent as it could get. Black Ops 2 picks up roughly a generation after the first one ends with a few familiar characters and a story that weaves itself between the 1980s and the 2020s. In the first couple missions we see soldiers burning alive in an armored vehicle, a person tortured, then executed, and a fair share of blood and gore.

3. How gory is it?

Let’s just say the game is approaching slasher movie levels. Knife attacks are rewarded with a bright crimson arc of blood spray. Well placed shots can explode a person’s head or sever limbs, almost to comical levels. At one point there was so much blood spraying around that I thought I’d stepped into a horror movie.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29125921
New Zealand
12/14/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
If its the games that are causing it , why does only America have this problem, we have the same games you guys do yet no school shootings.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29901013
United States
12/14/2012 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
If its the games that are causing it , why does only America have this problem, we have the same games you guys do yet no school shootings.
 Quoting: Doommincus Maximus

today in China a man stabbed 22 children at a school.

certain games arent necessarily the cause but could be a contributing factor
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11696497
United States
12/14/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP...

You can't place a single blame on video games first! It's the parents!

Parents are the gate keepers for their children's future. If they don't give a s**t about their kids, guess what, their kids won't give a s**t about their lives.

Give love to know love...

When parents let their children do whatever they want, watch whatever they want, without explaining and teaching them true right from wrong, you get what we see. Mindless, brain washed kids that don't give a s**t about anyone, or anything.

Kids are sponges. They can't be subjected at an early age, to nothing but violence (parents, movies, video games, music), without KNOWING right from wrong.

When a child isn't taught right from wrong, the true meaning of family and loving one another, but instead pure violence....what do you think will happen!?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12066736
United States
12/14/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I posted it in another thread, but I'm going to re-post it here, because I see it as truth.

It's always typical to blame externals as being the cause of something. That's always been the case...people looking for some sort of scapegoat instead of laying blame directly at the feet of those responsible.

Music gets blamed.
Movies get blamed.
TV shows get blamed.
Guns get blamed.
Video games get blamed.

So on and so forth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26125917

You know, everything you just listed, except for guns, can be proven...with facts mind you...to negatively effect your brain and thinking process. In other words, it IS BRAINWASHING YOU....verifiably.

Anyone who doesn't understand this...is brainwashed.

That's why it's all like a drug to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22093832
United States
12/14/2012 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ban violent TV...

oh, I forgot...

It's all violent...
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/14/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think we're just a totally sick society in general. It's not just the games it's the whole picture starting with lousy parenting and no responsibility.
Sundara

User ID: 29286215
United States
Report Abusive Post

that's true...

enough with the combat war games, i know many youngsters who have played that game and joined the military..

it's a stright up recruitment tool
i love you:)
ryunokami

User ID: 29235055
United States
Report Abusive Post
Indeed. Shitty parents raise shitty kids.

Also cancer killed my pappy. Ban cancer!
Wait...what?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27581229
United States
Report Abusive Post
Katamari Damacy would not lead to violence.Why don't we have more games that aren't killing things?

I thought that many of our current games are military recruiting tools? (not Skyrim obviously)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29642090
United States
12/14/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
First is was books, then is was comics, then it was TV, then it was Movies, and now you people want to blame videogames???

Did the Mongols play videogames? Because they slaughters millions, What about those who genocided Native Americans? or the Nazis?

You don't even know if this guy played videogames, and yet, you want to ban them. You people are no better than those who want to ban guns.
Zeff

User ID: 15574462
France
12/14/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ban violent TV...

oh, I forgot...

It's all violent...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22093832

i got a better idea, "ban this violent world" ... It's all violent... (it's not sarcasm)

Last Edited by Zeff on 12/14/2012 06:11 PM
roots of USA [link to www.legrandsoir.info]
Berlin vs Palestine wall [link to img15.hostingpics.net]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29125921
New Zealand
12/14/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

today in China a man stabbed 22 children at a school.

certain games arent necessarily the cause but could be a contributing factor

the main factor would be the kids looking up to a government that kill innocent people all around the world all the time, most of the time with the parents cherring when they see the stuff on TV.

All violent games in NZ are rated r18, is this not the case in america? or is that considers socilizim too
Jackie Howe
User ID: 29848411
Australia
12/14/2012 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, everything you just listed, except for guns, can be proven...with facts mind you...to negatively effect your brain and thinking process. In other words, it IS BRAINWASHING YOU....verifiably.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12066736

What facts?

We are receptive to what we hear, see, and feel.

Mostly we feel.

So if those around us are negative, and full of hate, no amount of good music/friends/tv etc, will allow us to rise above what we feel.

You are too stupid to post in this thread.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1542156
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ill give an overview of this thread here , and where it will go ;

People born post 1990 arguing games are fine nd have absolutely no connection to externalisation of violence

people born 1980s and before ,remember what a computer game actually is , and the variety thereof , who realise modern games are just killing simulations

it is beyond any linear or abstract logic to suggest there is no connection between violent videogames, and the youth of today accepting and performing violence

it is hyped in culture and media

its a bastard form , not like eastern martial arts whos origin is of self control and defence

it is gratuitous western violence ; first person shooters , headshots, max kills , body counts, best sniper shots , ranks , these are all elements of games now, its fucking bullshit

however it is not ALL a big conspiracy - i agree that there IS an element of this voilence being proactively used to numb the populous, but i belive the majority of violent video games exist beacause THEY SELL

MAKE WHAT SELLS

GET MONEY SURVIVE

DONT CARE ABOUT MORAL CONTENT OF PRODUCT

JUST GET MORE MONEY

BUY MORE STUFF

This is ALL a result of low society

GLP