milehighmike
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 339344
United States
12/15/2012 01:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
USA Gun Control Timeline, a social experiment...Post Sandy Hook to Present
The purpose of this thread is to chronicle the oh-so-obvious attempts by certain elements to change public opinion about the 2nd Amendment and the RIGHT to own guns. Please feel free to add any links I've overlooked or add to this ongoing project.

Less than 24 hours after a tragedy:

"Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must ‘exploit’ shooting"

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]

"Bloomberg: Obama Must Take 'Immediate Action' Against Guns"

[link to www.breitbart.com]

Updated: 12-20-12:"Bloomberg Vows Stiffer Fight to Overhaul U.S. Gun Laws"

[link to www.nytimes.com]

Updated 12-26-12: "Bloomberg Blasts NRA: 'Connecticut Is Because of Some of Their Actions'"

[link to abcnews.go.com]

"Rupert Murdoch Verified;@rupertmurdoch

"Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy."

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

Updated 12-22-12: "Rupert Murdoch backs Obama's gun grab"

[link to www.renewamerica.com]

This is copyrighted information presented under the Fair Use Doctrine of the United States Copyright Act (section 107 of title 17) which states: 'the fair use of a copyrighted work...for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.' In practice the courts have decided that anything which does not financially harm the copyright holder is fair use.

Last Edited by milehighmike on 04/27/2013 01:43 PM
"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'" — Brian Tracy: Personal and business training author, speaker, and consultant

"We are all, right now, living the life we choose." -- Peter McWilliams, Author

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." -- Michael Altshuler
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/16/2012 01:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: USA Gun Control Timeline, a social experiment...Post Sandy Hook to Present
bump

MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Talks Gun ‘Confiscation’

[link to newsbusters.org]

Sen. Dianne Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban

Thread: Sen. Dianne Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban

Last Edited by milehighmike on 12/16/2012 01:12 PM
"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'" — Brian Tracy: Personal and business training author, speaker, and consultant

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." -- Michael Altshuler
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/16/2012 07:58 PM

Report Abusive Post
NEVER one's to "waste" a good crisis!

Democrats vow to push for gun control measures in Congress

from GLP's friends @ Reuters...

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 02:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
My, my, my is this rabbit hole deep....

In '95, Holder called for anti-gun info campaign: 'Brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way'

[link to washingtonexaminer.com]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 02:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
The liberal roar is getting louder...Nice programming...

Rahm Emanuel calls for nationwide assault-weapons ban

[link to dailycaller.com]

CNN's Lemon Goes on Anti-Gun Tirade, Calls for Assault Weapons Ban

[link to newsbusters.org]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 03:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
The drumbeat increases...

Natives are getting restless, pitchforks & torches are being readied....

Connecticut school shooting: two US Senators call for assault weapons ban

[link to www.telegraph.co.uk]

End the lunacy

[link to www.telegraph.co.uk]

Last Edited by milehighmike on 12/17/2012 03:04 PM

Sneetch

User ID: 14967850
United States
12/17/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
They probably figure that they have to act now with their following of social media and other mainstream drones.
We were meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves?
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 03:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
A lone voice of reason in the wilderness???

God Help Us

[link to spectator.org]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30159791
United States
12/17/2012 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
They can ban them all they want but the pussy dickless lib tards still need to collect them.
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 03:13 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm just trying to keep track of the timeline on this tragedy, to see the predictable responses and watch the evolution.

A "social experiment" of sorts...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30146848
Canada
12/17/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, it is not just 'you'. They have perfected the propaganda machine.

Mix that with a population who could care less about the truth, then add a little conformity and an internet community that will have so many differing stories and you have the perfect opportunity to do pretty much whatever you want.

Their excuse is that they can't help what non-MSM journalism portrays online and how it should not even be allowed.

It works both for them and against them but they use both to their advantage...they use everything to their advantage, just like they state:

"Never let a crisis go to waste"
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 03:22 PM

Report Abusive Post

Mix that with a population who could care less about the truth, then add a little conformity and an internet community that will have so many differing stories and you have the perfect opportunity to do pretty much whatever you want.

Their excuse is that they can't help what non-MSM journalism portrays online and how it should not even be allowed.

It works both for them and against them but they use both to their advantage...they use everything to their advantage, just like they state:

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30146848

THANK YOU!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30146848
Canada
12/17/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30146848

THANK YOU!
 Quoting: milehighmike

You are welcome!
Prostetnik

User ID: 29782568
Canada
12/17/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy."

[link to twitter.com (secure)]
 Quoting: milehighmike

What defines "automatic weapon" in this usage and how is it different to the definition of firearms that are banned, like electric cannons, self loading repeating rifles and fully automatic shotguns? For some reason or other I had the idea that if it dis not fire one shot for one trigger pull, it is banned.
milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 05:58 PM

Report Abusive Post
"White House highlights ‘obstacles’ to taking action on guns"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

Loosely translated into "We're VERY close to achieving our goals and need one or more tipping points to get what we want"...

Following the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., in July, several Democratic lawmakers pushed legislation to outlaw the sale of high-capacity gun magazines. At the time, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) was one of the voices cautioning against wading into gun control during an election year. "It's a bad time to embrace a new subject," Feinstein said.

On Sunday, Feinstein pledged to introduce next year a reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. "I think America is ready. They're going to have an opportunity with this bill," Feinstein said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Democratic Sens. Dick Durbin of Illinois and Chuck Schumer of New York have both restated their opposition to assault weapons following Friday's massacre.

Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dan Malloy said at a press briefing Monday in Hartford, Conn., that he supports hunters' rights and gun owners' rights but "this stuff has gone too far and is too easy to own." He noted his past support for the Brady Bill and assault weapons ban.

Gun control supporter New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is calling on the president to circumvent Congress and enact gun control action by executive order—though that cannot modify a law.

Calls to review gun policies in the wake of the shooting have not been limited to gun control supporters.

Democratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, an "A"-rated member of the NRA, told reporters at the state Capitol Monday that "the status quo is not acceptable anymore" and called for restrictions on assault weapons, according to reports.

West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, another "A"-rated member of the NRA, on Monday questioned the availability of assault weapons, saying on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."

12-19-12: "Joe Manchin: ‘I’m so proud of the NRA’"

[link to www.politico.com]

Last Edited by milehighmike on 12/19/2012 03:25 PM

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/18/2012 11:23 AM

Report Abusive Post
A surprisingly (for the LSM) "balanced" piece...

Newtown School Mass Shootings: Who or What is to Blame?

[link to shine.yahoo.com]

Highlights:

- Too many guns.

- Not enough guns.

- A need for better gun laws -- or better enforcement of ones already on the books.

- A lack of support for parents.

- The media.

- Violent video games and pop culture.

- A need for more religion in schools.

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/18/2012 01:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
"The Connecticut school massacre: How the world sees us"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

If you are at ALL concerned about the rest of the world's opinions about us (until they need something that is)...

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/18/2012 02:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
Please help by adding anti-gun links from the Lame-Stream Media here...THANKS....

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/18/2012 02:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Will Obama use executive action on guns?"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

"Gun sales spike: Virginia, Colorado record highest background check volume in years"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

"White House says Obama 'actively supportive' of efforts to reinstate assault weapons ban"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

Last Edited by milehighmike on 12/18/2012 02:56 PM

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/18/2012 03:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
"White House: Obama would support new gun laws"

[link to www.politico.com]

Couldn't see this coming...

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 12:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
"Congressional backing grows for gun control debate"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 11:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
"Boxer: Nat'l Guard Troops to Schools"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 12:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Gun deaths set to outstrip car fatalities for first time in 2015"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

"Deaths from firearms are set to outstrip car fatalities for the first time, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and reported by Bloomberg News.

The CDC estimates that auto-related deaths--long on the decline as more motorists wear seat-belts and face harsher penalties for drunk driving--will fall to 32,000 in 2015. Deaths from firearms, which include suicides and accidents, are estimated to rise to 33,000 over the same period."

NOT "estimated" or "forecasted" but "set" (in stone???), NICE agenda, where can I get one of your 100% accurate crystal balls???

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 01:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Biden 2008: If Obama ‘tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem’"

"Harry Reid in 2010: “I Carried a Gun Every Place I Went”"

[link to marklevinshow.com]

ISN'T the internet WONDERFUL??? It NEVER forgets...

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 01:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Obama taps Biden to lead gun-violence curb"

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]

"Obama Shooting Blanks?" - Smith & Wesson shares spike during Obama presser

[link to freebeacon.com]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 03:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Team Obama still raising money--off Sandy Hook shootings"

"Obama: Conn. Shooting 'Should Give Us Some Perspective' on Fiscal Debate"

[link to www.weeklystandard.com]

"Gross. Barack Obama Uses Sandy Hook Massacre to Push Tax Hikes (Video)"

[link to www.thegatewaypundit.com]

"House Dem: 'Turn in your guns'"

[link to thehill.com]

"Obama: 'This Is Not Some Washington Commission'"

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 05:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
"To Stop Shootings, Americans Focus on Police, Mental Health"

[link to www.gallup.com]

Oops, how "inconvenient" for the admin.

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/19/2012 09:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
"At News Conference, Reporters Skip Past Gun Control and Face Instant Criticism"

[link to mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com]

This had to piss-off the messiah...NOT following the script is verboten.....

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/20/2012 10:35 AM

Report Abusive Post
"Scott Brown becomes first Republican to back federal assault weapons ban"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

Two points of interest: He's NOT going to be there to vote and he's likely positioning himself to run for John Kerry's soon to be vacant senate seat.

Updated 10-21-12: "Scott Brown would win special election today"

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]

DIDN'T see this coming... lmao

Last Edited by milehighmike on 12/21/2012 11:53 AM

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/20/2012 11:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
"Biden launches post-Newtown push on guns"

[link to news.yahoo.com]

milehighmike  (OP)

United States
12/20/2012 03:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
"Pelosi: Harry Reid and 'Big Money' Are the Reasons I Didn't Hold Any Votes on Gun Control from 2009 to 2011"

I guess they were just waiting for the right "opportunity"...

GLP