Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,139 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 737,310
Pageviews Today: 1,299,783Threads Today: 554Posts Today: 9,509
03:16 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Come see live video of Jupiter (two-parter tonight)! 12-19-12 *Bastards shut down my broadcast!*

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18713240
United States
12/19/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Come see live video of Jupiter (two-parter tonight)! 12-19-12 *Bastards shut down my broadcast!*
See, the zetas are onto something. Why don't they want us to see Jupiter?? It did look tilted in your scope btw
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18713240

Are you really this fucking stupid dude?

This thread explains the whole thing and your comment is "It did look tilted in your scope btw...."

Get a grip.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22826717

you're the one that seems worked up. I wonder why cool2 - take a chill pill bro
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30119987
United States
12/19/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Come see live video of Jupiter (two-parter tonight)! 12-19-12 *Bastards shut down my broadcast!*

^This. Fucking ZetaTards.
 Quoting: BoxerLvr

Makes sense actually. I know Nancy is still watching GLP.
 Quoting: Dr. Astro

wtf

How would she do that?, I've just glanced the TOS's and You are doing nothing wrong that I can see.

btw - I'm not a legal expert.
 Quoting: vase creator 30235617

They sent me an email. They're refusing to re-instate my account. They're pissed that it wasn't a "video game" since when I initially set up my justin tv account my first broadcast was from Orbiter 2010 for a satellite re-entry simulation so when it asked me what I was going to broadcast I selected "video game" since there wasn't an option for "astronomy." Note, there's no way to change this option later. They say my content does not belong on their site. Fuck them.

huffy

what a wonderfully retarded reason! any other service you could us?
vase creator
User ID: 30235617
Report Abusive Post
More like Nancy's followers complaining because Astro is making them look like idiots with his simple explanations...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74444

You think maybe Zeta reported your channel as abusive somehow?
 Quoting: El Quisqueyano

That's possible as the channel might not be checked immediately, just an automated shutdown and to be reviewed later.
Whole lee shit

User ID: 19114842
United States
Report Abusive Post
Thats dumb i bet they get a lot of hits off you. Hits are dollars for sites like that. They should welcome you with open arms.
"You can go to hell -- I'm going to Texas!" - Davy Crockett

You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits? Now you know why he built that bomb
Anonymous Coward
12/19/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

wtf

How would she do that?, I've just glanced the TOS's and You are doing nothing wrong that I can see.

They sent me an email. They're refusing to re-instate my account. They're pissed that it wasn't a "video game" since when I initially set up my justin tv account my first broadcast was from Orbiter 2010 for a satellite re-entry simulation so when it asked me what I was going to broadcast I selected "video game" since there wasn't an option for "astronomy." Note, there's no way to change this option later. They say my content does not belong on their site. Fuck them.

Fuckers, no other word for it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18713240
United States
12/19/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
so now there's no way to demonstrate what was intended. Interesting. Hope you find an alternate site to stream it - there's gotta be others
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 271325
United States
12/19/2012 09:15 PM

Report Abusive Post

thats a bunch of faggory

fuck them indeed

drbat
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7631061
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
they cut it off because , the sun was about to shine across Jupiter, and with the extra light you would have been able to see the piece of string holding Jupiter up.
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 27749847
United States
12/19/2012 09:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
so now there's no way to demonstrate what was intended. Interesting. Hope you find an alternate site to stream it - there's gotta be others

This is the second time one of these fucking webcast sites banned me because they weren't expecting astronomy video. I could use night skies network, but there is no way for me to record the broadcast if I do that so I never do it for things like this that I want people to be able to refer to later. Google hangouts is another option I guess, but my computer is too old to run it.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14896141
Canada
12/19/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
i noticed your streeam was rom the twitch site. which is the gaming side of justin TV. i think if you went to justin.tv and posted it under the social or science section you would have no probs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30346541
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is the second time one of these fucking webcast sites banned me because they weren't expecting astronomy video. I could use night skies network, but there is no way for me to record the broadcast if I do that so I never do it for things like this that I want people to be able to refer to later. Google hangouts is another option I guess, but my computer is too old to run it.

Mabie you are getting to close to the truth and what you are showing has something we are not supposed to see?
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
12/19/2012 09:20 PM

Report Abusive Post
i noticed your streeam was rom the twitch site. which is the gaming side of justin TV. i think if you went to justin.tv and posted it under the social or science section you would have no probs
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14896141

Perhaps, but there's no way to change that once you do your first broadcast, so if you want to broadcast a variety of things you're f'ed. Fuck them, they just deleted hours upon hours of footage I had archived there.
astrobanner2
DaNose

User ID: 30324966
United States
12/19/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well it seems the ZetaTalk cult is now claiming that Jupiter has "tilted."
[link to poleshift.ning.com]
This stems from this youtube video where the person used pictures from Stellarium that show Jupiter under the influence of field rotation (though he also seems to think this shows it "tilting" in a physical sense):
[link to www.youtube.com]
At 1:22 in the video you can clearly see Stellarium's interface, and the little telescope shaped button is not lit up, indicating that he is viewing the sky from an altitude-azimuth perspective and is subject to field rotation. Alt-az is the way most people view the sky day to day, so it's the stellarium default. You must observe from a polar aligned perspective, however, if you want to eliminate field rotation and see the true orientation. I'm going to do a 2 part broadcast tonight to show Jupiter both from an altitude-azimuth perspective, and later from a polar aligned perspective.

This first part will be done with my cell phone webcasting it so that I can show you both the video screen and the telescope itself so that you can see the camera is oriented normally in the scope. Then I'll switch over to broadcasting with the laptop to show just what the telescope sees directly. Later on I'll switch the telescope to a polar aligned perspective and then show what that looks like.

For this first part, notice that Jupiter's cloud bands appear tilted as it rises in the east. The great red spot is visible near the center of the planet. For the sake of simplicity, I've also set the camera to invert the image to compensate for the way the telescope normally produces an inverted image in this configuration. Here's the webcast:
[link to justin.tv]

I was confused at first. I thought that first link was from astro, I was like....what is this retarded shit? This can't be right, then read your post. lol

Kewl shit man. Thanks!
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

frapps will record it.

you can get it from a torrent if your that way inclined.
its used for games, but will also work for what you want.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also bear in mind space is a very touchy subject, and there is more out there than we know about or could even imagine.

What I want to know is why has venus slowed its rotation?
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
12/19/2012 09:23 PM

Report Abusive Post

Mabie you are getting to close to the truth and what you are showing has something we are not supposed to see?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30346541

More likely one of the zetatards made a complaint that it wasn't appropriate content and then the mod saw it and decided he agreed. I've done this on Justin.tv/twitch for a long time now with my scope, including Jupiter, and they just NOW noticed? This is the first time I've done a justin.tv broadcast in direct response to a zetatard claim. That's probably the common theme here, retribution after recently attacking the zetatards directly.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
with frapps though you will have to upload your vids to youtube channel for archive.
El Quisqueyano

User ID: 30255589
United States
12/19/2012 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

More likely one of the zetatards made a complaint that it wasn't appropriate content and then the mod saw it and decided he agreed. I've done this on Justin.tv/twitch for a long time now with my scope, including Jupiter, and they just NOW noticed? This is the first time I've done a justin.tv broadcast in direct response to a zetatard claim. That's probably the common theme here, retribution after recently attacking the zetatards directly.

Ding...Ding...Ding! We have a winner.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14896141
Canada
12/19/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
open broadcast software is really nice for recording to disc. you can also stream to justin/twitch with the push of a button
JUST HERE

User ID: 25610447
United States
12/19/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, plan B; the android app for justin.tv doesn't work worth a damn on my phone. It just fails every time I hit start. Give me a second and I'll get it running on the laptop with my camcorder instead.

chuckle
:glp sign:
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
12/19/2012 09:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
with frapps though you will have to upload your vids to youtube channel for archive.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7631061

Plus my laptop is ancient and probably can't handle the processor overhead, let alone the hard drive space.
astrobanner2
vase creator
12/19/2012 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14896141

Perhaps, but there's no way to change that once you do your first broadcast, so if you want to broadcast a variety of things you're f'ed. Fuck them, they just deleted hours upon hours of footage I had archived there.

FFS, Thats bang out of order.

I've just had a quick google, all the hosts that I think would be suitable require payment plans and scheduling.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29341887
United States
12/19/2012 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
ustream.tv isnt bad, not as censored as justin, might want to look into it.
Anonymous Coward
12/19/2012 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Now that makes sense.
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States

Report Abusive Post
ustream.tv isnt bad, not as censored as justin, might want to look into it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29341887

Hah! They banned me the first time, only re-instated me days later after I threatened to go legal on their ass. Screw them too!
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
what about veetle , great quality streams on there.

[link to veetle.com]
Dr. AstroModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
12/19/2012 09:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
For tonight gang, what I'll do is take some pictures of Jupiter with my SLR camera and astrometrically solve it. That way you can view the true orientation of the image relative to the stars.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/19/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7631061

Plus my laptop is ancient and probably can't handle the processor overhead, let alone the hard drive space.

Eh, you are a amature astronomer and yet cant afford a proper laptop or desktop pc which a good 2tb hdd costs £78. Or you could buy a good external HDD with 4TB of space for £149.

Dunno about you but the 1st thing I would be doing with a good telescope is recording the planets on a daily basis.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21425114
United States
Report Abusive Post

wtf

Wasn't it justin.tv that the drunk guys drove around in the hurricane? Has been too long to remember specific channels.

Maybe you should spruce up your content with talking poodles instead of scientific endeavors.
Omniscient1

User ID: 25801142
United States
Report Abusive Post

Use fubar

GLP