Goodbye to Animal Ownership, Goodbye to Animals? Love Won’t Allow It

yeswecan

User ID: 19815370
United States
12/20/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Goodbye to Animal Ownership, Goodbye to Animals? Love Won’t Allow It
As astounding as it may seem, laws and regulations have been or are now being put into place to remove the right for Americans to own animals. This is being done under many pretexts, all of them bogus, all camouflaged as beneficial for either the animals or public.

[link to foodfreedomgroup.com]
 Quoting: ^TheWatchMan^

I agree to this to an extent, Did you know that when you give away free kittens? Guys pick them up to feed to their pirahnas or boa constrictors?

We have way, way, way, way, way too many dogs and cats. And too many that are mistreated, abandoned and left to become feral.
 Quoting: ELNATHAN APOLLYON

and apparently too many pirhanas and boa constrictors

tounge
resist we much!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21881980
United States
12/20/2012 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
As astounding as it may seem, laws and regulations have been or are now being put into place to remove the right for Americans to own animals. This is being done under many pretexts, all of them bogus, all camouflaged as beneficial for either the animals or public.

how would you like to be owned by a master and run around like a dog at every master's desire?

User ID: 29651277
United States
12/20/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

I agree to this to an extent, Did you know that when you give away free kittens? Guys pick them up to feed to their pirahnas or boa constrictors?

We have way, way, way, way, way too many dogs and cats. And too many that are mistreated, abandoned and left to become feral.

I do see this also. There are many mistreated, abandoned, strays all over. BUT I believe that is just a stepping stone for them to get their foot in the door.
 Quoting: 422

Dogs and cats cannot be a free for all. Humane society admits they are way overwhelmed and underfunded and have to put the majority of their animals to sleep. Pet ownership should get some regulation. They deserve this.

What are regulations or "laws" going to do to stop a person from releasing an unwanted litter into the public? Or somebody buying kittens for their boas? How could they possibly prove somebody doing anything like this? I agree, there is an issue with mistreated animals but I don't see how any regulation could possibly stop it. They don't work on humans and crime.
“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe.” John Adams, Second President of the United States
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29430674
United States
12/20/2012 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd also like for us to do something for all those mistreated, abandoned, stray human children.
Chrit

User ID: 27088294
United States
12/20/2012 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Never give anything alive away free to a person you don't know.

This is why they have adoption fee’s, it’s not to make the shelters money.

Number one reason animals are "kidnaped" is for training fighting dogs.

Kittyadopt
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.

User ID: 29651277
United States
12/20/2012 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd also like for us to do something for all those mistreated, abandoned, stray human children.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29430674

Agreed. And there are many laws and regulations against all of this but it doesn't stop it from happening. It's against the law to kidnap a child but that doesn't stop the hundreds of thousands of children from disappearing.
“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe.” John Adams, Second President of the United States
yeswecan

User ID: 19815370
United States
12/20/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I do see this also. There are many mistreated, abandoned, strays all over. BUT I believe that is just a stepping stone for them to get their foot in the door.

Dogs and cats cannot be a free for all. Humane society admits they are way overwhelmed and underfunded and have to put the majority of their animals to sleep. Pet ownership should get some regulation. They deserve this.

What are regulations or "laws" going to do to stop a person from releasing an unwanted litter into the public? Or somebody buying kittens for their boas? How could they possibly prove somebody doing anything like this? I agree, there is an issue with mistreated animals but I don't see how any regulation could possibly stop it. They don't work on humans and crime.

next they came for the kittys and the puppies, but I didn't say anything because I wasn't a kitty or a puppy...
resist we much!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14549475
United States
12/20/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
leveller
User ID: 30486941
China
12/20/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
My dog goes, they will have the pleasure if assasinating me along with the removal of my dog.
That's the bottom line.
 Quoting: natasha77

crazy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15256858
United States
12/20/2012 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Destruction of your food sources...contamination of your food sources...destruction of your water (in the southwest)...by flooding other places.

Remove your means of self defense..

we are being pushed into the ultimate slavery like never
before in the history of the world.

corruption of your DNA.

What a fucking future to go into and try to live and survive.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/20/2012 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
My dog goes, they will have the pleasure if assasinating me along with the removal of my dog.
That's the bottom line.

crazy
 Quoting: leveller 30486941

That is because you EAT dogs and cats and can't understand that they are beloved PETS that we love and care for like our own.....not fucking food here in the USA.... at least not yet.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/20/2012 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am replying to the poster posting from CHINA and scratching their head
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/20/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
The police state is for your own good!

:zod:
 Quoting: Chip

WHAT GOOD????????????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12430998
United States
12/20/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Owning an animal is not a "right", you insensitive piece of garbage. It's called kidnapping and imprisonment. Let the animals be free.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30489258
Netherlands
12/20/2012 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I posted this in a similar thread earlier...

From the link -

“This bill would provide, in addition and with specified exceptions, that it shall be a crime, punishable as specified, for any person to willfully sell or give away as part of a commercial transaction, a live animal on any street, highway, public right-of-way, parking lot, carnival, or boardwalk, or to display or offer for sale, or display or offer to give away as part of a commercial transaction, a live animal if the act of selling or giving away the live animal is to occur on any street, highway, public right-of-way, parking lot, carnival, or boardwalk. The bill would provide that a notice describing the charge and the penalty for a violation of this bill may be issued by a peace officer, animal control officer, or humane officer. By creating a new crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.”

This sounds similar to what the USDA wants to impose on a federal level, where you will not be allowed to ship puppies without being a licensed, inspected kennel.

Thread: USDA's proposal to regulate ALL ANIMALS sold over the internet, including livestock! HUGE POWER GRAB!!!
 Quoting: Laura Bow

Quoting: Laura Bow

I saw this link from your post. These things they're doing will have no effect on factory farms, just the family farmer or organic farmer. This is only more Agenda 21 tyranny, which also considers domestic pets 'unsustainable'.
 Quoting: Ralph--a house dog

My Jack Russell is assigned to rat control duty and she if fully sustainable.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30478419
United States
12/20/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think this has more to do with them being disease vectors and consumers of a good deal of useful protein, than their suffering.

So- if all that pet food was fed to people instead, how many protein calories would we save?

[link to www.psychologytoday.com]

over 40 billion dollars is spent each year just to buy dog food.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26960085
United States
12/20/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bump! Read that article and people are going to have to get involved in overturning those legislations.
 Quoting: Sungaze_At_Dawn

No they won't.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28776776
United States
12/20/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

If we can make but a few more laws, then we can ALL be "criminals".
Celtic Ranger

User ID: 26511160
United States
12/20/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Owning an animal is not a "right", you insensitive piece of garbage. It's called kidnapping and imprisonment. Let the animals be free.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12430998

It seems to have escaped you that this imprisonment that you are talking about is actually a far better life than they would have in the wild. For starters most of them would not survive in the wild to begin with. What do you think would happen if those animals were emancipated as it were. There would be feral animals everywhere and they would be a health and safety hazard. Those animals would be hunted down and killed by those authorities you think will protect them.

I understand your concern for those animals that are mistreated, but there are already laws on the books to protect them. What will happen is the market will be driven underground. I seriously doubt a black market in animal trade would create a better environment for animal welfare.

Why don't you ask "Fluffy" and "Spot" if they would prefer being exterminated or kept and traded in some hidden black market enterprise. I would suspect the answer would be no if they could talk.
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.

Benjamin Franklin
BAD WOLF

User ID: 30099585
United States
12/20/2012 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
My family has always had a pet or have raised animals. Most of the pets we've had came off of the streets because we saw them abandoned on some street corner, outside in sub-zero degree weather, or by the road.

I don't see how this will be beneficial to animals let alone humans. Because domesticated animals won't beable to survive very long in the wild. Considering their fur is usually the wrong color to blend in unlike those of their wild cousins, not to mention they more than likely have no clue how to hunt because they've lived off of what was fed to them by humans.
Then there's animals who cannot fend for themselves because they're mentally and physically handicapped.

As for humans? Well animals to them can be considered a part of the family and would probably cause people to mentally break down if our government were to take and kill their beloved animals. And with how stressed out as everyone has been as of late this would only go bad. Animals can be a form of therapy and bring back someone feeling on the verge of hopelessness.

While I agree that there should be some sort of regulation on animal ownership, I don't believe this would be the best method. A way to help the humane societies would be to encourage people into adopting rather than having them look into animal breeders. Infact possibly put more effort in their funding would probably help them rather than taking our rights to have an animal away from us.

Last Edited by BAD WOLF on 12/20/2012 10:56 PM
"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool"- Stephen King
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28776776
United States
12/20/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a rancher I try to stay pretty aware of the progress of Agenda 21, which is what this is, and I'm here to tell you it is moving at an astonishing pace...

Between Agenda 21, and Codex Alimantarius, they intend to take away ever single right we have...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

And if they ever manage to take away American's rights to defend themselves, then they can do literally ANYTHING to you.

As it stands, they can already do anything they want to you, only it might cost them a goon, or two.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
12/20/2012 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know a lot of people involved in animal rescue in the US

and they routinely have adoption events "by roads etc"

from that long list of places you are not allowed to "sell or give away" an animal from

so I guess adoption events to find homes for homeless animals are now outlawed?

they were held in parking lots mostly---like in front of a PetsMart
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27704375
United States
12/20/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
No way in hell I am giving some person off Craigslist my address to pick up or drop off a pet?

It's safer to have a meeting spot ..like the parking lot of the local grocery or some such.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27019763
Turkey
12/20/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
you fucks wont be able to profit over sale of pets as if they were commodities. and you complain about it ?

morons.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
12/20/2012 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know a lot of people involved in animal rescue in the US

and they routinely have adoption events "by roads etc"

from that long list of places you are not allowed to "sell or give away" an animal from

so I guess adoption events to find homes for homeless animals are now outlawed?

they were held in parking lots mostly---like in front of a PetsMart
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 664728

Thats a good thing casual ones are stopped. Cause if they are free or cheap, they are being used as fighting dog bait like someone mentioned earlier or fetish videos where women step on them and crush them wearing high heels. They just caught a couple doing this to kittens and puppies , killing them for the camera. they made money doing this.. People pick up these animals to abuse and kill.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
12/20/2012 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
No way in hell I am giving some person off Craigslist my address to pick up or drop off a pet?

It's safer to have a meeting spot ..like the parking lot of the local grocery or some such.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27704375

Not safe giving any pet away, people pick them up to kill them.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 30199236
United States
12/20/2012 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

how would you like to be owned by a master and run around like a dog at every master's desire?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21881980

You mean like we already are?

I can't speak for anyone else, but my spayed doggie (12 years old) snoozes on pillows all day, goes for rides in the car (with stops at her favorite tinkle spots), hogs the heating pad and the bed every night, and probably eats better than I do. For sure she gets a LOT more treats and toys than I do! If they'd allow animals in Church she'd go there too. All in all, I'd say that she leads a pretty good life! To me, she is the most important person in the whole World, and I will treat her as such until it's time for her to cross the Rainbow Bridge. And if doggies don't go to Heaven, (as I'm sure those crap-for-brains PETA retardos believe), well, then I'm not going either.

All of the animals which the Universe has sent to me have been treated this way. Recently I have put it out to the Universe that I'm ready for another little furry kitteh, since 2 of my 3 kittehs passed away this summer from old age (19 and 21). Even my free-range chickens die of old age, long after they have laid their last egg. I really don't feel that any of "my" animals are "abused" in any sense of the word!
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
12/20/2012 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's the bottom line.

crazy
 Quoting: leveller 30486941

Of course you would react that way. Don't Chinese people EAT dogs? Nasty, gross, and DISGUSTING!! Why don't you just eat your children?
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
12/20/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12430998

Try telling that to the guy who just had a "free" dog take a 3-pound dump on his well-manicured lawn!
Coolman
User ID: 25552311
Canada
12/20/2012 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think the OP is worried about not being able to use the excuse " i swear officer i was just helping my sheep over the fence, honest! " excuse.

GLP