That's what Joe Stalin said.
tiger1

User ID: 6269153
United States
12/21/2012 12:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Goodbye to Animal Ownership, Goodbye to Animals? Love Won’t Allow It
My pets are well taken care of, the best food, lots of love, and Vet care, which includes their shots. ALL of my pets are rescues. I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 ducks.They get plenty of TLC, as it should be. This draconian law criminalizes me, and others like me, who love their pets, and consider them part of the family.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29208952
United States
12/21/2012 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
No guns.
No Big Sodas.
No salt.
Now no animals.
wishiwas

User ID: 19081353
United States
12/21/2012 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
As astounding as it may seem, laws and regulations have been or are now being put into place to remove the right for Americans to own animals. This is being done under many pretexts, all of them bogus, all camouflaged as beneficial for either the animals or public.

[link to foodfreedomgroup.com]
 Quoting: ^TheWatchMan^

Owning an animal is not a "right", you insensitive piece of garbage. It's called kidnapping and imprisonment. Let the animals be free.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12430998

Are you insane?

You release animals that have no idea how to fend for themselves, who have been raised by people for THOUSANDS of years? What exactly do you expect to happen? Do you think that tea cup poodles are going to revert back to a fucking wolf?

You have no idea of the ramifications of your proposed actions. Or you're fishing with some seriously stinky bait.

You will never, EVER, take my dogs away from me. They wouldn't go. Know why? Because they know they belong with me. I care for them, unlike you seem to, we work together, play together, they helped us raise our children. I picked one up off the highway after he had been hit. He will never leave my side. And ill fuck anyone up who tries to make him. Or any of my other beloved pets.
Justitiae soro Fides
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21416502
Canada
12/21/2012 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been breeding in Canada Long Haired Shepherds and have yet to ship any such puppy ever. Mine have always been bought locally or I drive them to new homes to the next province. MOst will drive to me to pick them up which I prefer as I want ot check out the new owners. Tere is nothing wrong with having to be inspected.

TOO MANY PUPPY MILLS and LIVESTOCK SHIT OWNERS.

Too many people have abused animals and do not care for them. I have had many inspections. I welcome them as I can say I am inspected and people will pay me more money because I am.

???????????? Whats the problem unless of course you have a dirty shitty setup.
MzTreeChick

User ID: 28963775
United States
12/21/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Four weeks before christmas local council did street sweeps on cats. Several months ago it was banana trees...
(banana trees are illegal in Queensland)

Didn't matter if cats on your own property or inside your house ALL CATS MUST BE REGISTERED. The council made notes of addresses checked their computer system and then went door knocking demanding compliance to local law.

* all cats must be registered and preferably chipped (desexing by choice only - FYI OUR CATS ARE DESEXED)
Rego renewal ever year approx $50ea cat.

* all cats must be 24/7 confined to own property and under 24/7 supervision. We have a large block of land esp for the cats, we also have a highset house so the cats have all of the double garage and down stairs game area. (Not good enough for the council, either inside 24/7 or fully enclosed cat cage/run)

* Any more than 2 cats requires a council authorized permit!!!

So we have now spent $500 on a cat cage/run and cat rego barely weeks before christmas to do the right thing even if we don't agree with it and yet still have to put up with next doors dog who takes great pleasure at barking at us in our own backyard on a daily basis AND have the council guy standing on the council strip out front of our property trying to see into our backyard to 'check' on the situation, after the verbal lashing he got off me the first time he is too scared to step foot on our yard but doesn't stop him from looking though.

SIDE NOTE: Brisbane city council has spent over $215Mil to revamp their council chambers but it is too expensive to pay the $150Mil to remove fluoride from our water supply 'It's not forced medication bwaa ha ha ha ha'

ANYTHING GOVERNMENT SUX!!!

hf rockon
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
Laura Bow

User ID: 1158661
United States
12/21/2012 08:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

User ID: 28709102
United States
12/21/2012 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
As astounding as it may seem, laws and regulations have been or are now being put into place to remove the right for Americans to own animals. This is being done under many pretexts, all of them bogus, all camouflaged as beneficial for either the animals or public.

When I first read this a few days ago, my first thought was that the police didn't want anyone to have any dogs that would alert the owners of the unwelcome police attack. People raise hell when the law shoots a dog for doing what they do best (sounding an alarm, protecting it's family), and the police have no acceptable right to shoot dogs. But in order to hide the true reason for the laws, they must make it for all animals, no matter how stupid, asinine, unconstitutional, and simply inhuman.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15709009
Canada
12/21/2012 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does this apply to aquarium fish too?
Laura Bow

United States
12/21/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

When I first read this a few days ago, my first thought was that the police didn't want anyone to have any dogs that would alert the owners of the unwelcome police attack. People raise hell when the law shoots a dog for doing what they do best (sounding an alarm, protecting it's family), and the police have no acceptable right to shoot dogs. But in order to hide the true reason for the laws, they must make it for all animals, no matter how stupid, asinine, unconstitutional, and simply inhuman.
 Quoting: 071676

It goes deeper than just the police....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24046300
United States
12/21/2012 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Will my dog get Grandfathered in?

User ID: 28709102
United States
12/21/2012 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: 071676

It goes deeper than just the police....
 Quoting: Laura Bow

Granted, but I use "police" as to include all law enforcement, government agencies, and other questionable authority agencies.
GeezinGA
User ID: 222384
United States
12/21/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
if this story is anything like the photo there on that page, then its fake as hell!

GEEZ!!!!!!!
Laura Bow

United States
12/21/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
??????
Chrit

User ID: 27088294
United States
12/21/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does this apply to aquarium fish too?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15709009

I can't even make this stuff up it's so off the wall....

PETA also opposes the keeping of fish in aquarium tanks, suggesting that people view computer videos of fish instead,

In 2008 PETA launched the "Save the Sea Kittens" campaign to change the name of fish to "sea kittens" to give them a positive image, and it regularly asks towns to adopt a new name.
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
InTheHood

User ID: 29587186
United States
12/21/2012 03:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'd be in trouble. Agreed too many homeless neglected and abused animals (sorta like the humans nowadays).
Now onto the topic of adoption, yeah right. I tried for over a year. What I ran into was:

Being a first time adoptee application, well, I was way down the list for a sane, sound, and safe dog; long waiting list, and some rescues didn't appreciate the living conditions, i.e, farm out in the middle of nowhere where dog would be allowed to run free (after whistle broke of course), be subject to possible coyote confrontation(yeah), have a job to do, be allowed to chase bunnies, etc., intermingle with the horses, etc. oh, no, they wanted owners that were home all the time.

Well, that's why we have a 6 foot fenced in backyard on acreage, for when we can't be home for a stretch, with access into heated shelter, not good enough. Oh, dog would have companion dog too, still not good enough (and when I say gone for a stretch, I'm not talking days, just maybe 8-12 hours if and when necessary, not that often, but it happens). Otherwise someone is almost always home.

Now, granted, probably lots of people willing to adopt that are home all day, but that's the point, I couldn't get a decent one because of our rural living...I'm like WTH?

Then, oh, abusive hot fence, well, it's there for a purpose, keeps the animals IN, they don't dig out if you have hot tape running around the perimeter towards the bottom of the fence...only took my dog 1 shock to NEVER try to dig out again (many moons ago), but would I use it again for a digger or climber? You bet,it works...they didn't like that.

Anyway...I Just GAVE UP! Hell, I just wanted a confident, sound, sane GSD that would like the GOOD DOG LIFE! Protect the perimeter of property, keep the wild critters at bay; alert us to strangers, be trustworthy and a friend/protector to the grand kids...that's about it.

They were looking for a home that would babysit the damn animal 24/7 and put it in bubble-wrap...so much for the adoption process...all I can say is hey sometimes a critter just has to be a critter.

Like we're going to bubble-wrap a farm dog. Then all these other requirements, like mandatory obedience classes, I'm like huh? We can train the dogs, we've trained quite a few, they get it after 4-6 months, and we manage them carefully in the process...we know what we need the dogs to learn.

Nope had to be professional classes..I'm like, no, I'm not going there, I live in a rural area, I'm not spending 10 hours a week driving here/there, that's 10 hours a week I can spend at home with the dog training it to our living conditions and expectations of behavior. Some of these rescues are just over-the-top in their requirements.

Our dogs are vetted, taken well care of, have vet references...they were still hum-hawing around about oh the dog might get out and run away or get hurt by the coyotes or horses...I'm like yeah, sure beats getting put down. We risk our lives daily going to work to feed them...

Geez, dog could have had great home, and that wasn't good enough because we didn't meet the very stringent criteria. We could have saved a couple good dogs. Ended up buying a puppy and starting over. I'll never try again.
Or, if I do, it will be from a private owner that just wants a good home for their dog and doesn't mind allowing the dog to go to a home where it will have a job to do and be a dog! My dogs earn their keep, right along w/us and are rewarded handsomely for it.

P.S. Our farm dogs are indoor dogs, not outdoor dogs. For crying out loud, they snooze on the sofa...still not good enough for the rescues because of above issues.

Rant off :)

GLP